Bombing, Damaging, Smoking,
Screaming, broking,
Get a staff to the  car
Running away from the city
One week there is no way to live
Traveling to Africa
Using a boat,
No way except the sea.
One day seeing only a sea and the people lost consciousness
Hearing sea waves.
I touch the sea
Sawfish
The boat crashed,
The hope is gone
Screaming, we all say, “no way to live.”
We arrived safely
People wave to us and say “AsSalamu- Alaikum
Drive us to Store in the port
See a lot of People
Asking myself they all Yemenis
It’s true they all Yemenis
True, I have a small heart but an inner volcano
We need the freedom of the life
Out of the port
Two days out the new life new home new place
Different people
We look like different to them
But they are happy with us
Let me told you something good happened to my family
We have been together with my family for a long time for four months
Know we have to say goodbye to my second country
Know to a new life, new place, a new future.
To the U.S. without obstacles.

Albara N
December 8, 2021 6:11 pm

Dear Ishak,
I am excited about this journey poem, interested in knowing if you are happy with your new brother, your parents brought a new kid to this world, i want to know if you truly happy with your new brother, satisfied with your poem because you put a lot of details and i can actually see myself. I can really see myself and picture everything around you, and how you are feeling.  

One thing I learned from your writing that stood out for me is: “True, I have a small heart but an inner volcano.” I think this is  mean he has small heart but he also has a lot of passion and fire. an , it let my foiling fire.
Your writing does not connect to my own life because I don’t have a new born brother, but if I did have a new brother I would be excited and be a great brother i guess.  
Thanks for your work on Youth Voices. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you have  a great way to show me how you felt and how everything was around you, and the explanation was good too.

Isiah G
November 24, 2021 6:15 pm

Dear lshak,

I am interested in your poem because I like how you moved to another country.  This is interesting to me because i like how you run away from danger. 
One thing I learned from your writing that stood out for me is: “Get our stuff to the car, Running away from the city.” I think this is sad because you had to leave your house because of the war 

Your writing connects to my own experience because you said you have an “inner volcano” and I have strong feelings too sometimes, like when someone passes away.
Thanks for your work on Youth Voices. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I want to read about more interesting journeys in your life.

Isiah

2
0
()