In the article, Can Smiling Make You Happier (BTW) I learned that although many think that by smiling one becomes happier, this study varies on what type of smile you do. If it is a genuine smile, yes, it might make yourself be happier; but a fake smile might just make your day worse. This article focuses on explaining that if you are having a rough day, rather than ‘faking it until you make it, you should just do something you enjoy doing to make your day better.

0
Does smiling help you be happier?x

I agree with the article since it focuses on knowing what is best for an individual. When someone is having a rough day, they are told to just smile through it, which at times, might make things worse. I believe that although this might be true, genuinely (at least trying) to smile through the rough times and just trying to enjoy the moment, might get you closer to achieving happiness.

September 20, 2021 8:55 pm

Dear Andrea,

I am surprised by your post, I expected it to repeat the same cliche about how forcing a smile can trick your brain into releasing endorphins but I like the turn it took! I think that this message is better than others only because I think it encourages people do be themselves and to practice self care instead of waiting for it to happen.

Something that stood out to me was the fact that faking a smile can actually make you feel worse than what you were already feeling. I mean when you think about it, it makes sense. If you are constantly wearing a mask for others or to wait for happiness then when do you get to work on yourself so as to be the real you, happy or not.

Thank you for writing this! I think that your wording and overall message is one that will bring me back to read more of your posts!!

Last edited 22 days ago by Guadalupe
September 20, 2021 5:08 pm

Dear Andrea:
I am intrigued by your post, “

September 18, 2021 4:09 am

Dear andrea
I am very impressed by your post, “Happiness & Smiles” because it makes me understand hoe smiling you can become happier. I thinks is’t impresee that your smile can change your personality, and can make your day better.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: If it is genuine smile, yes, it might make yourself be happier; but a fake smile might just make your day worse.” I agree with you that a fake smile can make a different in your personality, and can make your day worse because some people just pretending that they are happy when they are not.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like how you focus what it is best for people.
-Monica

September 14, 2021 5:54 pm

Dear Andrea,
I am captivated by your post, “Happiness & Smiles” because it helps me understand that depending on the type of smile you give off, whether it’s a fake or a genuine smile, it can affect your day for the better or the worst. I felt captivated about this because I feel like this can definitely be true for many people including myself.

One sentence that stood out to me in your post was, “This article focuses on explaining that if you are having a rough day, rather than ‘faking it until you make it, you should just do something you enjoy doing to make your day better.” This stood out to me because instead of pretending to be happy to get yourself through a rough day, you should actually do things that you know will cheer you up and make you feel better.

Thank you for your writing, I will definitely be looking forward to seeing your next post because I like how you focused on what the best would be for people.
-Ashley

Last edited 29 days ago by Ashley M
September 14, 2021 5:07 am

Dear Andrea,
I am fascinated by your post, “Happiness & Smiles” because it helps me understand that a person’s smile can reveal how happy they are depending on the type of smile they have. I think this could actually be proven to be true.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I believe that although this might be true, genuinely (at least trying) to smile through the rough times and just trying to enjoy the moment, might get you closer to achieving happiness.” I think this is smart because usually people that are sad tend to cry but I believe if you smile through it, it is less likely of you to cry.

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like your focus on what’s best for an individual. I also liked your detailed explanations.
-Jennifer

5
0
()