In the article, “Community Gun Violence” (Educational Fund 2023) I learned that people of color are targeted when it comes to gun violence as well as people who live in very poor neighborhoods tend to be the most active location of violence. This is horrible because this just says that guns are used against certain types of people instead of used for the right reasons. Black Americans are more than ten times more likely to be murdered by firearm than their White counterparts.22 Over the past decade (2010-2019), 71,994 Black Americans died by firearm homicide; the vast majority of these victims were young males. Black females are also disproportionately impacted by gun violence. Black females are nearly four times more likely to be victims of gun violence than White females. This disparity is even more pronounced among teen and young adult females. 

I think what happens in our communities is a huge problem and needs to be resolved as soon as possible for everyones benefit. It must be horrible to feel like you’re at risk of death due to your skin color or the community that you live in.

As I continue to learn more about gun violence, I want to know more about ways we can prevent this type of action against colored people.

0
()