In the article” New Executive Actions to Reduce Gun Violence” by the Obama administration in 2013 they were trying new ways to reduce gun violence in the country. The options they decided on were to ban reimported military-grade weapons to stop these firearms from getting into the wrong hands. More recommendations they implemented were to expand on the background checks and change gun trafficking to a federal crime. The Obama administration thought this would reduce gun violence by making the crime have a harsher punishment and getting rid of the most dangerous weapons allowed in the country. Expanding the background check would prohibit ex-convicts or felons from evading the current background checks and allowing them to obtain firearms.

I think this topic is very important since it is really sensitive because of the past on how gun violence has struck the nation. My reasoning behind gun violence is I do think if people want to get a firearm there should be many precautions and tests on people. I think expanding the background checks would help and increase the sentence on gun control. Since there are many loopholes that can allow people with bad intentions to obtain these firearms.

As I continue to learn about Gun Violence I would like to learn what other political or government officials plan and approaches they think are necessary to tackle gun violence

5 1 vote
Kevin M
October 17, 2023 2:00 am

Dear Isidro,
Your post made me think of who should be allowed the right to purchase a firearm. I also believe that background checks should increase in order to prevent a firearm from going into the wrong hands. As you continue to research, I hope you discover more information on how the government can take better steps to prevent or at least minimize the amount of casualties from gun violence.
Kevin Mondragon

Miguel A.

Dear Isedro,
Your post made me think that the laws that are mentioned that remove military-grade weapons can improve gun violence In America. I also think that adding more background checks will help slow down gun violence and I think that more laws should be added for gun buyers so that weapons don’t get into the wrong hands. As you continue to research, I hope you discover more ways that we as the people can prevent more gun violence from occurring.
Miguel Agabo

Dear Isidro,
Your post made me think of how else we can improve the slowdown of gun violence. I feel as if many people get a hold of these weapons very easily so these precautions are necessary to keep everyone safe. Safety is important as we see many people lose their lives and many kids miss school due to this fear. As you continue your research, I hope you find what other political leaders want to do about gun violence.

Dear Isidro,
Your post made me think about how adding more safety precautions to the purchasing of guns can slow down gun violence. Background checks would also be a good implementation as it would make people with a not-so-good history unable to purchase a gun as there is a high chance that they will do something bad with the weapon. As you continue to research, I hope you discover what are some ways that people with power like the government can help to slow and/or stop the destruction that firearms are causing to not just our country but many others as well.
Jason Ocegueda

Last edited 4 months ago by Jason O.

4
0
()