a gun, a judge's hammer, and an american flag

In the article “Gun Rights/ Congressman Doug Lamborn” I learned that stricter regulations on guns are harmful to our Second Amendment rights, and we should be concerned about our violation. Since most individuals use guns as a necessary weapon for protection, the Second Amendment is among the most significant amendments in our constitution. Our ability to protect our family will be restricted by regulations. There is also the argument that these people are purposely establishing these restrictions to weaken the rights that are granted to every American. The fact that the majority of these rules are put into effect randomly and without enough justification gives evidence as to why they are trying to weaken Americans. Conservatives argue that additional actions should be taken without limiting our right to bear arms, rather than restricting our second amendment. 

I believe that there should be some kind of gun control, I can also see why some people would want to defend their right to the second amendment. While I do think that having the right to bear arms is necessary for safety, I also think that there should be restrictions to ensure background checks or public awareness in order to prevent dangerous individuals from easily obtaining such dangerous items. As I learn more about gun violence, I’d like to know if the federal government or the state should have control over gun rights.

0
()