In the article, “ Key facts about Americans and guns” I learned that there are a lot of debates about weapons in the United States. I learned how many people in the United States have a weapon in their home and how many people do not have weapons in their home. Another thing I learned was how many illegal weapons are used in the United States. I also learned that 38% white Americans own guns, 24% of African American own guns , 20% of Hispanics own guns, and 10% of Asians own guns. An interesting fact in the article is, About half 52% of Americans who don’t own a gun say they could never see themselves owning one, while nearly as many 47% could imagine themselves as gun owners in the future.

I think this debate about gun rights is never going to end. There are always going to be people saying guns are wrong, and on the other side people saying guns are good. If the government takes away weapons and says weapons are illegal, then the good citizens will not have any weapons, but the bad people who use weapons for bad will not listen and have them illegally and still do harm to the good people and the good citizens won’t be able to protect themselves from an armed person. The United States will always have debates about gun rights and I hope we all come together one day and stop fighting about the 2nd Amendment right.

As I continue to learn about gun rights, I want to learn more about our laws because knowing your rights can help you in the future against the government.

0
()