In the article, “The Science Is Clear: Gun Control Saves Lives” I learned that guns are extremely dangerous and there could be less killings in America if we prohibit them. In support of their central idea, the author writes, “Guns kill more children each year than auto accidents… More children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active military members.” The author also writes, “Science points to laws that would work to reduce shootings, to lower death. Among the simplest would be better permitting laws with fewer loopholes.” These pieces of evidence backs up the central idea because it demonstrates that if we come up with laws that prohibit guns, there’ll be less shootings and deaths from happening.

I personally think that gun violence in the United States is a huge problem. I really like the idea of prohibiting assault weapons in the U.S. because of all these tragic events that are taking place in our country right now. This helps me answer one of my research questions because I could now understand why people want to get rid of weapons.

A question I still have is, if people that own guns see how dangerous these weapons are and how many mass shootings there are, how come they still don’t see that these weapons are terrible for our country?

December 12, 2023 10:50 pm

Dear bryan
Your post made me think that gun control save life is bad. why becuase that means that every one can have a gun and that a big probmle right now. Something I wonder is what they can do to stop the gun control but i think they can stop becuase gun it a huge part of the united states.

December 12, 2023 10:45 pm

Dear Bryan,
Your post made me think about the problems with US citizens carrying guns. One thing that stood out to me was when you said guns kill more children than car accidents. Something I wonder is do people really use guns for their protection?

December 12, 2023 8:12 pm

Dear Bryan,
Your post made me think about how It’s important to approach discussions about gun control with an open mind and respect for different perspectives. It’s also crucial to rely on reliable sources and research to inform our opinions. Ultimately, finding common ground and working towards solutions that prioritize the safety and well-being of all individuals is key. Something I still wonder is how we can strike a balance between protecting individual rights and ensuring public safety. It’s fascinating to consider the different perspectives and approaches to gun control, and how they vary across countries and cultures. I also wonder about the effectiveness of different gun control measures and their impact on reducing gun violence.

Lilia C.

December 12, 2023 8:11 pm

Dear Bryan,
Your post made me think that having gun control is very important. It also made me think that having a firearm can also be very dangerous when using it for any situations you can use it for. Something I wonder is do you think weapons are the issue? or the people behind it?
Katie

Ashley PAdilla
December 12, 2023 5:09 pm

Dear Bryan,
Your post made me think about the issues we have with guns. Not only the issues but also the solutions which many of us are aware of. What I wonder Is if people know there are benefits to banning guns why do they not want to?

Ashley Padilla

5
0
()