In the article “Gun Control in The U.S.” (Brain Duignan) and the interview “Lack of Action on U.S. Gun Control” (Lebron James), I learned that people do not do enough for gun violence/control. In the article, we see that these shooting events do not get the publicity they deserve therefore going unnoticed and nothing being done about them. It is said that political leaders just send prayers to those infected when they could be doing something about the situation. In the Interview, Lebron James speaks about the most recent shooting that happened on the campus of UNLV. He says that it’s ridiculous how easy it is to obtain a firearm and that it is continuously happening over and over and over. 

I think that both are correct. These shootings can’t get away unnoticed. Things need to be done as many innocent lives are taken away daily. You can hear the tiredness of Lebron James in the interview and the need for something to be done in both the article and interview. Change needs to occur as it is being a norm in the U.S. 

As I continue to learn about Gun control, I want to keep including the public’s voice as what people believe in this topic is important.

December 12, 2023 5:12 pm

Dear Alejandro,

your post made me think about the lack of acknowledgement of gun violence. Gun violence has been occurring too often and with little to no action. Something I wonder is what law can we create to make a change and end gun violence.

Vanessa Tristan

1
0
()