grayscale photography ofperson holding gun

In the article ¨Gun Control is not the Solution to gun violence in America¨it talks about how gun laws would not help reduce the violence in the country. In support of their central idea, the author writes  Guns are double-edged—able to be used for good and bad, hence their association with criminality. This supports the central idea because people are the ones doing the crimes but guns  happen to be a part of it.  The author also writes Some issues with guns, like school shootings, call for immediate solutions. Yet we dither and have been doing so for decades. One consistent attempt has been to try to ban assault rifles.  This supports their central idea because it shows how much they have tried to stop gun violence but have failed.

I think what is going on is a very horrible thing because it affects so many people from losing their loved ones to gun violence.I think this topic is very important since it is really sensitive because of the past on how gun violence has struck the nation.

As I continue to conduct research I will keep looking for the ones opposed to adding gun control.

December 13, 2023 4:14 pm

Your post made me think that gun control has a very minimal affect in preventing gun violence as a whole. And because of its very marginal affects, gun control doesn’t seem to be the solution in minimizing gun related assaults, homicides, or mass homicides, the solution to preventing such violence likely lies in who the person wielding the weapons is rather than the weapons availability. Something I wonder is of all the instances of gun violence in the nation how many used illegally obtained firearms? Does keeping weapons out of the hands of good people, prevent them from falling into the hands of criminals?
Benjamin Maravilla

1
0
()