When you study the Youth Samples of Civically Engaged Writing and Media, look for these attributes in the actions by youth:
1. ideas they have that are pitched to specific audiences
2. smart, fact-based descriptions of problems and/or personal stories they share as part of their action
3. clear reasons they give for why specific issues matter
4. practical proposals for action they recommend
Stop and comment by using the guide under each heading.
When you see…
How to make a comment on NowComment:
- double-click on a sentence or paragraph (text)
- highlight an area of an image (image)
- click add comment while playing a video (video)
How to use the guides:
- Copy the blue text
- Select an option or do the writing suggestions for the <red text>
- Once you understand what a guide is asking for, we encourage you to express yourself in your own words.