What is Annotating?
What this IS:
- Making notes as you read
- Showing your thinking
- Talking to the text
- Understanding important words
What to WRITE:
- Summary or Paraphrase
What this IS NOT:
- You do NOT need full sentences
- Do NOT worry about grammar
- Neatness does NOT count (as long as you can read it later)
Why we do this:
- Keep our minds working.
- Show what we are thinking.
- Clarify or help us understand.
(Click on a box below to enlarge.
Click again to see the next one.)
How to Annotate
After you study a image or a page of images that you want to annotate on a NowComment document:
- Highlight a section of an image or a set of images on the same page.
- You will see a box for commenting with three places to write.
- Write one of the 5 kinds of commenting in the top box.
- Describe the section of the image that you have highlighted in the middle box.
- Follow the sentence starters below for what to write in the bottom box