Looking for specific guidelines? Choose a title in the list below to find detailed scaffolds that make explicit what is expected in many different types of structured essays on Youth Voices. Once you’ve internalized these guides, we encourage you to mix and match different paragraphs and to go beyond the use of a guide as well.
NOTE: These guides are being transferred and revised onto youthvoices.live from youthvoices.net.
- Quoting a speech, conversation, trip, assembly, guest speaker, panel discussion, video, event…
- Three Questions
- Class Study or Inquiry
- Personal Inquiry
- Sample News Article
- Dialogue of Authors or Characters
- Dialogue of Different Opinions
- Citing Sources
- Letters to the Next Mayor of New York City (Developed)
- Letters to the Next Mayor of New York City (Basic)
- Letters to the Next Mayor of New York City (General)
- Reporting on a Game
- Describing Your Neighborhood
- Big Idea
- Video Treatment and Template
- Dear Leaders of America
Guides for Structured Essays by Paul is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.