(Is 40 too many to many for you? Work on the red ones first.)

Backward-Looking:
1. How much did you know about the subject of the playlist before you started?
2. What process did you go through to produce the evidence that you submitted for each XP?
3. Have you done a similar kind of work in the past (earlier in the year or in a previous grade; in school or out of school)?
4. In what ways have you gotten better at this kind of work?
5. In what ways do you think you need to improve?
6. What problems did you encounter while you were working on each XP? How did you solve them?
7. What resources did you use while working on each XP? Which ones were especially
helpful? Which ones would you use again?
8. Does your work in each playlist tell a story?

Inward-Looking:
9. How do you feel about the work you submitted for each XP? Which of your submissions do you particularly like? Dislike? Why? What did/do you enjoy about this piece or work?
10. What was especially satisfying to you about either the process or the finished products in each playlist?
11. What did/do you find frustrating about any of the playlists?
12. What were your standards for this piece of wor?
13. Did you meet your standards?
14. What were your goals for meeting this piece of work? Did your goals change as you worked on it? Did you meet your goals?
15. What do your submissions for each XP reveal about you as a learner?
16. What did you learn about yourself as you worked on each playlist?
17. Have you changed any ideas you used to have on this subject?
18. Find another piece of work that you did at the beginning of the year to compare and contrast with this what changes can you see?
19. How did those changes come about?
20. What does that tell you about yourself and how you learn?

Outward-Looking:
21. Did you do your work the way other people did theirs?
22. In what ways did you do it differently?
23. In what ways was your work or process similar?
24. If you were the teacher, what comments would you make about each of your XP submissions?
25. What grade would you give it? Why?
26. What the one thing you particularly want people to notice when they look at your work?
27. What do your classmates particularly notice about your piece when they look at it?
28. In what ways did your work meet the standards for this assignment?
29. In what ways did it not meet those standards?
30. If someone else were looking at your completed playlists, what might they learn about who you are?

Forward-Looking:
31. One thing I would like to improve upon is …
32. What would you change if you had a chance to do any of the playlists over again?
33. What will you change in the next revision of one of your submissions?
34. What’s the one thing that you have seen in your classmates’ work or process that you would like to try in your next playlist?
35. As you look at an XP submission that you might want to revise, what’s one thing that you would like to try to improve upon?
36. What’s one goal you would like to set for yourself for next time?
37. What would you like to spend more time on in school, in an out-of-school program, or by yourself?
38. What might you want next year’s teacher to know about you (what things you’re good at)?
39. What things you might want more help with?
40. What work would you show her to help her understand those things?

CC BY-SA 4.0 The 40 Reflection Questions by Paul is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.