pile of grocery items

In the article “Grocery Stores Try Reusable Packaging” (BTW) I learned that there are certain efforts countries are making to reduce food packaging waste. How it works is basically when you go to a grocery store that participates in this, you will find a section where you can buy many different brands, packaged in reusable containers. Then you’ll pay a deposit–the same way you already do in various states with aluminum cans. When you’re done with a container, you return it to the store and get your deposit back with the Loop app. Then containers are cleaned and the cycle goes on.

I think this is a great idea. The United States should make more efforts to reduce waste like other nations do. This whole thing is well thought out and can potentially be very effective in regards to reducing waste if more people try and do this. I think this may be tricky for people who are not very tech savvy though. 

What are your thoughts on this?

0
()