In the article “Global Warming Solutions Explained” by National Geographic, various ideas and solutions are discussed that have the potential to help solve the issue of global warming. They discuss energy efficiency, reducing vehicle emissions, increasing solar and wind power, and protecting what’s remaining of the forests in order to control the emissions of gases that are trapping heat in the atmosphere. Although the main goal is to reduce carbon and greenhouse gas emissions to net zero, we also need to extract existing carbon from the atmosphere. Another important aspect of this is the fact that we need to adapt to the damage that we have already caused. We can reduce the severity of it, but the effects of climate change are already being felt across the globe. From weather patterns to the extremities of weather conditions, climate change is officially taking its toll, and we must take action now.

0
()