” Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money”

~Indian Proverb

My teammates @lreyes21 @jmanriquez2 and I are looking forward to take action in saving our planet. We don’t know how to get our communities involved, and we don’t know how to let them know that global warming is real and it is currently taking place. We want our first involvement to be with having schools incorporate solar panels. If we add solar panels to our schools then we will reduce the electricity bills but it will also reduce the use of fossil fuels. We are so excited to start the process.

Mirly
January 29, 2020 9:09 pm

Just read your post and just want to let you know that the idea you came up with is amazing. the entirety of the school uses up way too much energy and using solar panels to reduce that would be cool !

Angelita
January 29, 2020 5:16 pm

This is definitely a great idea. BOYCP does seem to use a lot of electricity due to it being a large school, but also for the amount of time it stays open. From morning to evening, thatś alot of energy being used that could be renewable. However, in the winter time itś going to be hard to find sunlight to grasp onto for energy. If there would be a way to change that then this would be the next big step to influencing a healthy environment!

November 15, 2019 2:47 am

Hey Nereida! I saw your post in the suggested list and noticed the comment you made for your title. I am currently taking a oceanography class at my current high school and it focuses on the carbon foot print we are leaving on our planet. Its nice to see that other high schoolers are recognizing it as well!!! Nice job!

3
0
()