black framed eyeglasses on brown wooden table

In the article, ” Glasses” (McGraw Hill) I learned that glasses are a form of helping us see better. They are quite helpful and make a difference for many. They create a positive change for our eyesight. Glasses come with a variety of pros and cons. For instance, pros as mentioned we are able to see better within them and you get to choose whichever design/color you like best. A negative is that they can be quite expensive and if you are new to them can give you a headache and be annoying or simply just because you’re not used to wearing them. There are a variety of people in our world that wear glasses. They are made to benefit us and be a helping hand for our eyes.

I think that glasses create a very significant change in people’s lives. I say this because glasses help us see better. Personally, I wear glasses, I first got glasses I believe in 4th grade every since then I had to wear them because I wasn’t able to see very well. For example, if I sat in the back in glasses I struggled a bit to see therefore I needed glasses. Which they were very much helpful. They allow me to see so much better. I also think that at one point they can be fun because come in many different shapes, colors, and forms. Although sometimes I wish I didn’t need to wear glasses but then again they have been a significant help.

What are your thoughts on glasses? Do you need glasses to see better?

September 15, 2022 2:44 am

Dear Fatima,

I enjoyed your post, “Glasses are Helpful” because I also wear glasses myself and relate to your pros and cons of them. I personally only need to use them to see far away but again glasses were made to benefit others and their vision. It was hard for me to adjust to them but I managed and now Im used to them though I still sometimes chose to not use them as often. One of the cons was most definitely the cost, even though I have insurance to cover the, I know other people who had to pay out f pocket for theirs, and yikes!

A sentence you wrote that quickly stood out to me was, “if you are new to them can give you a headache and be annoying”. I related so hard because I remember wearing my glasses for the first time and being so annoyed having to wear them just to see, I don’t know but like come on, I for real need glasses just a little over the board of the class. Like dang, I no longer have 202/20 vision…I’m blind.

Thank you so much for writing your post, it is the first time I’ve been able to relate to a topic on Youth Voices. It feels nice Im not the only one who found wearing glasses annoying.

March 27, 2022 12:42 am

Dear Fatima,

I admire your post, “Glasses are Helpful” because I myself wear glasses and find them to be unique. I can see how to some they might find them annoying since I do sometimes. But I like the way they also frame my face and are an accessory you can customize. It can be a struggle though with how pricy they are becoming. It took a good amount to get the glasses I needed with extra protection from screens.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is: “I think that glasses create a very significant change in people’s lives”. I think this is so true because glasses become a part of you and are one of the many ways to represent yourself.

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like how appreciative you can talk about these features that many who wish they didn’t wear glasses.

February 19, 2022 4:59 pm

Dear Fatima, 

I am impressed with your post, “Glasses are Helpful” because it is impressive how glasses were created so that people could see better. I think it’s impressive how glasses make a huge impact for many people and help them improve their vision. 

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “A negative is that they can be quite expensive and if you are new to them can give you a headache and be annoying or simply just because you’re not used to wearing them.” I think this should not be the case that there are very expensive glasses. They should be quite affordable for many people who are low-income because not everyone has that money to buy new glasses to benefit their eyes. 

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like the way you had personal connections with yourself about having to wear glasses. I would like you to continue talking about things like this.

4
0
()