white concrete building under blue sky during daytime

In the article, “Free Speech -And its limits ” (Upfront, Semple, 2021) I learn that many people take freedom of speech to the extent that being that they believe that they can say whatever they want without any punishment but that is absolutely wrong there are some limits that you can’t say. Some of the things that you can’t say are a clear and present danger, fighting words, obscenity, conflict with other important interests, and time and place manners.  Some examples might be that you can’t joke about any form of danger it falls in the present danger part because it’s a crime to lie about something cruel and that can cause problems 

My thought on this is that it is somewhat worrying how many do know that the first amendment of freedom of speech is protected by what you say. It’s crazy to know that many people just say what they feel like it without taking the time to search it up and find some information on it. What you say can be protected or unprotected so if you wanna say something I recommend that everyone be careful and do some research on what you can and can’t say.

Do you think people should research more about amendments they plan on using?

0
()