In the article, ¨School Social Meda Free Speech Case (Mc Graw Hill) I learned that your principal can´t regulate what you post on social media from your home. Levy has experienced a suspicion from all cheerleading activities due to her post that she made with her friends after not making the cheerleading team. Her parents filed a lawsuit for this and won it by the violation of her Frist Amendment free speech rights. The court had set out three factors; parents are better than school administration at regulating their child’s behavior, regulating their speech, and speech is worth protecting. 

I think that a student´s right to free speech is protected when expressed on private social media accounts. However, action should be taken if the child is saying it verbally to the cheerleading coach. 

What would you do as a parent in this situation? 

0
()