Marie Dor
April 5, 2024 12:34 pm

Your speech was powerful and touching, highlighting the need for change in our justice system. I agree with your point about the necessity of stricter protocols for police officers to avoid biases and prejudice. These systemic issues need to be addressed to prevent the loss of more innocent lives. Thank you for opening this conversation and encouraging everyone to share their thoughts

April 5, 2024 6:40 am

The title brought me here because I am familiar with the topic but interested to learn more and hear other people’s opinion.
Positive: effectively highlights the negligence of the police officer shedding light on the tragic consequences of unchecked authority. By humanizing Khalil and emphasizing his struggles, she underscores the importance of recognizing the complexity of individuals affected by systemic injustices. While addressing Officer Brian’s accountability, it would strengthen the argument to provide specific examples or evidence of his misconduct to bolster the case against him. Additionally, offering potential solutions beyond stricter protocols, such as community oversight or alternative approaches to law enforcement, could broaden the discussion and encourage constructive dialogue. Positive: showcasing stars call to action for societal change is powerful and inspiring, encouraging collective efforts to demand accountability and justice. By inviting input and collaboration from others, she fosters a sense of unity and empowerment in the fight against injustice.

Gayle
April 5, 2024 5:27 am

Breanna, I agree that officers that abuse their power should be punished to the fullest extent. I’m happy that people can see that Khalil was a person and not just see him has a criminal. Even if Khalil was selling drugs/using them, he doesn’t deserve police brutality. What bill would you send to people in power to stop police brutality? Keep up the good work.

Somaia
April 5, 2024 4:47 am

Your title made caught my attention and made me want to read the article. It’s frustrating to see police negligence go unchecked, especially when it results in tragic losses like Khalil’s. Your call for accountability and systemic change is powerful. Implementing stricter protocols for officers is a step in the right direction. I agree that we need to stand together and demand justice. Thanks for raising awareness and inspiring action.

Camryn
April 5, 2024 3:42 am

The first sentence really draws the viewer in as prosecutor would start their statement off like that. Shedding light into this issue is good as youths.

Kaylin
April 4, 2024 11:52 pm

Hi Breanna, your first sentence caught my attention was your first sentence. The way you talk to the reader in second person kept me engaged throughout the entirety of your writing. What connections do you see between Khalil’s case and the other cases of police brutality in the present day?

Amora
April 4, 2024 3:40 pm

I like how you expressed your thoughts and opinions through the eyes of a character. I feel like through this writing you were able to highlight some real issues that we are facing everyday in our community that need to be addressed. Another thing I feel like this writing was able to do was inspire people to stand up and speak on issues they see and are too afraid to talk about due to a fear of being shunned or looked at differently. I hope this writing pushes people to speak on problems they see.

Avianna
April 4, 2024 1:24 pm

I see that this was a mock trial. I think it’s cool how you were able to express your emotions even though this is a character from a book/movie. You did a great job!

8
0
()