Ferguson in Black and White
grayscale photography of praying hands

This book is about the life of being a Black man/woman. The book tells you different perspectives of people who encounter racial police.

Ferguson in Black and White by Jeff Smith might leave a reader feeling commanded because they might want to make a change in the world  An example of this is on page 10. This is a demanding change because…we can’t live like this anymore So far, the people in Ferguson in black and white might remind a reader of the story in another book. In real life, this still happens to black people. The similars this book and the real world are colored people still get beat by police and we are accused of stuff we didn’t do. sometimes even though we didn’t do we still get accused and we never went even though we tried to back our evidence. If we do get set free the police who did it to us never get accused and always get set free After this part of the book, most readers will be looking forward to reading the rest of this book because it explains the rough time’s black people go through. It seems interesting and will make u want to read more. What makes it so interesting is the fact that it shows u pics of the things that happened to them and it’s all still happening today. What’s probably going to happen next is another person is gonna talk about what happens to him\her. I think I’ll read the 2nd book if it ever comes out.

Photo: Jamelle Bouie / CC BY
image_pdfimage_printPrint this page.

Alex
November 6, 2020 9:45 pm

Dear Alexis,
I am intrigued by your post because by the looks of it the book is about black people being mistreated and their perspectives.

One thing you said that stands out for me is: “After this part of the book, most readers will be looking forward to reading the rest of this book because it explains the rough time’s black people go through.” I think this is interesting because It is good to see the POV’s of someone else’s life and what they do or experience.

Thanks for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next because the books you suggest seem interesting and good to read both for enjoyment and historical purposes.

Help on Youth Voices
1
0
()