If you didn’t know already 75 years ago the United States dropped 2 nuclear bombs on japan. Ever since this incident the world has changed and hasn’t been itself. One of these bombs was so destructive that it boiled 45,000 feet high over the Japanese city of Hiroshima. Also because of this 90 percent of the city wiped out in the blink of an eye. But that wasn’t all three days later there was a second bomb on Nagasaki. And after this 75 years ago japan surrendered and World War 2 was over.

This all started with a letter from thee Albert Einstein which was a man who escaped the nazis. Other people tried warning Franklin D Roosevelt about the destructive energy released during the splitting of an atom. So a few years passed and world war 2 had started so Roosevelt was surprised that Japan attacked Pearl Harbor so this was the chance for the US to try out their new toy. And Einstein said “Had I known that the Germans would not succeed in producing an atomic bomb,” he said in 1947, “I would have never lifted a finger”. 

Using A-bombs, even at the end of World War II was controversial and Truman forever defended his actions. In a letter to his sister, he later wrote “I made the only decision I ever knew how to make. I did what I thought was right.” But others thought bombing civilian populations with nuclear weapons was an inhuman, immoral act.

0
()