Flexibility is one of the most important aspects of health and prevention when it comes to physical activity and sport performance. Being flexible is not easy; it takes time, stretching, and training.  Stretching and flexibility training is often overlooked yet very important to one’s well being.  As a high school soccer player, I have learned that it is very important to stretch before a practice or game.  Before the game it is important to do light stretching then heavy stretching once warm.  This is a great fact to know if you play any sports.  

Stretching is important because it helps with flexibility and decreases the chance of injury.  Flexibility training helps loosen muscles, ligaments, and tendons so when one turns abruptly the body is able to withstand the pressure on your joints and bones.  This helps to decrease the chance of injury during training or competition. Lack of stretching and flexibility training make sports and dance more difficult, increasing the susceptibility to injury.

Stretching and flexibility training demonstrates that they will improve performance, conditioning, and athletic training.  Improved flexibility allows an athlete to become more in tune with their body, helping both the recovery from injury as well as the health of one’s body and mind.  

http://www.bettermovement.org/2012/some-thoughts-on-flexibility/

http://www.brianmac.co.uk/articles/scni8a1.htm

Samantha
February 3, 2017 4:19 am

I love this topic. It is a very relatable topic that most people can relate to and understand on a personal level. I can’t wait to read more about it in your research.

Ryan
February 3, 2017 4:07 am

This could be a really good research paper for almost anyone to read, as it shows the importance of something as small and trivial as stretching and just how helpful it can be to the body. I know from experience the poor outcomes that result in not stretching as I have had my fair share of torn and pulled muscles. After my experiences and reading this, I am able to understand the importance of these injury preventing activities.

2
0
()