I am from the soil underneath the ground
And the light from the sky

I am from the people you see walking down the streets
From the friendship you see bound within humans

I am from the pain of this world
And from the growth in the roots of a tree

I am from the fire within the spirit
And the love found within this Earth

I am from the frowns and the tears
From the laughs and the giggles

I am from everything you see and everything you do not see.

I am from the lovely moments laced between my siblings
And the overpowering love I have experienced in my life.

In style of ‘Where I’m From,’ by George Ella Lyons

May 29, 2019 3:49 pm

Dear Abigail,
I like your poem “Everything You Can and Cannot See”, because I love the way how you made a connection between the nature and your personal life. Stanza that stands out for me is “I am from everything you see and everything you do not see”. it made me think a lot about things we can’t see, such ass our feelings we don’t share with others and just keep for ourselves. Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. I hope you will write another amazing poem such as this one, love it!

Eden
April 20, 2019 7:07 am

Dear Abigail:
I am fascinated by the way you described your emotion, your poem, “Everything You Can and Cannot See,” because you managed to show different emotions through experiences. You used different locations which all described different emotion such as the word use of “pain” and “light” but are yet still are where you’re from.
One line that stands out for me is, “I am from the soil underneath the ground, And the light from the sky ” I think this line is intriguing because both of those things are opposite and can take such a deeper meaning.
Another set of lines that stands out for me is, “I am from the frowns and the tears, From the laughs and the giggles” I think these lines is interesting because you chose two set of things that are opposite which might suggest you are everything in between.
Your poem reminds me of a poem that I once read. The poem was about a woman who thought she was everything in her neighborhood because she was born their, She listed a number of things that were opposite of each other. She also described herself also as everything in between.
Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. I really like how u describe yourself as different things. I also liked how you described the emotion of these things, also describing the things that they do as well.

Jovana
March 25, 2019 1:44 pm

Dear Abigail,

4
0
()