“I feel too much. That’s what’s going on.’ ‘Do you think one can feel too much? Or just feel in the wrong ways?’ ‘My insides don’t match up with my outsides.’ ‘Do anyone’s insides and outsides match up?’ ‘I don’t know. I’m only me.’ ‘Maybe that’s what a person’s personality is: the difference between the inside and outside.’ ‘But it’s worse for me.’ ‘I wonder if everyone thinks it’s worse for him.’ ‘Probably. But it really is worse for me.”

― Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Do you think showing your emotions makes you weak?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

5 1 vote

Your poem was touching. I think many people always question their emotions, me being one of them. Everyone may feel a certain emotion, but it’s different for everyone. To your question, I feel like it’s natural for people to have many emotions. Overall, amazing poem.

Nyalok

I really like you poem it protrays how people feel. When you said”‘My insides don’t match up with my outsides.’ ‘Do anyone’s insides and outsides match up?’” it really gives that thought of does anyone’s inside emotions feel the same as their outside emotions. I have written a similar poem and I had talked about how we tend to say we are okay to people, but in the inside we are breaking down and we don’t express that which shows the difference of the outside emotion we present and the inside emotion we are really feeling.

I really enjoyed this poem Perla. I relate to the quote “Do anyone’s insides and outsides match up?” I feel that all of society has before faked their feelings and I know that I am no exception. Sometimes I put on a brave face when I am in fact nervous or sad. I think that showing your emotions helps you be a more real person which in turn makes you stronger. If you are able to open up to other people you can open up to yourself as well. I hope to read more about society and their emotions. Those who open up to society are courageous and this post is an example of that. I aim to converse with other people about hiding their emotions and showing them that emotions are worth showing. Thank you for this post I encourage you to check out other articles about emotions such as this one https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/hiding-feelings.

This was a very good poem! Very deep.

Natalia
September 28, 2021 8:47 pm

Perla, thank you so much for posting this poem! What are your thoughts about the poem?

6
0
()