The European Union is a partnership between the 28 member nations. Its goals include freedom, peace, technological advancements and sustainable development. The question is whether the EU actually promotes democracy and strengths unity. Seeing multiple nations come together to achieve common goals is fascinating, especially considering their diverse backgrounds. I think it’s incredible how countries have gone from mortal enemies to friends in a matter of decades. The problem of the effectiveness of the EU is that it can’t actually be measured, there is no definitive answer. But, the issue is significant. If the EU is deemed ineffective, then why would it still exist; but if it is effective, then it should continue and achieve its goals. I feel as though an adolescent from a non-EU member nation, like myself, that I bring a unique perspective to the conversation. My stance would be more unbiased because EU actions don’t directly affect me as much as opposed to a student from France. During my research, I plan to read as many sources as I can from many different perspectives by using databases and expert opinions. While annotating my sources, I will create a list of perspectives and cross them off when I have researched them.

0
()