In this article, “Bills Targeting Classroom Talk on Race and Gender Identity Ballooned This Year” by Eesha Pendharkar as this text got posted on August 18th 2022. I learned that there bills that are blocking out the importance of race and gender identity out there for the youth in schools to not learn about. In paragraph 1, “During the 2022 legislative session, state lawmakers proposed 137 bills restricting classroom conversations and staff training about race, racism, gender identity, and sexual orientation in K-12 schools, marking a 250 percent increase since 2021.” This links up with the main point because the bills aren’t passing in school classrooms.

In my opinion, the bills should be passed but in middle school through high schools and colleges. I mean, it is pretty for kindergarteners and elementary schoolers shouldn’t be taught about it yet until they grow up just a little bit to the point their minds develop to understand real world situations.

The question I have is, how come there are bills blocking off people’s gender identity and race?

0
()