For the past few weeks, I have been reading the book, Dying to Cross. This book is sadly based on a true event, that has been marked down for one of the worst massacres.

This story involves the telling of immigrant survivors. These survivors tell the story of staying a truck with no air conditioner.

Overall, the big point determined is how all these immigrants had to risk their lives to get to a better place, most not for themselves, but for their families.

Karen
Admin

Thanks for sharing this book. I haven’t read it but I am going to look for it.

I live near the border in Arizona, and it is true that many people die trying to get to America. Over 6000 people have died since the year 2000. Many die from things that shouldn’t really kill you like heat exhaustion, dehydration, cold, or minor medical conditions. The land here is very remote and dangerous.

I think that our government policies contribute to these deaths, which makes me sad. I am always looking for ways to speak out against these kinds of injustices.

I look forward to seeing more of what you write.

1
0
()