My name is Dustin Crawford. My shadow box represents me, my hobbies, and how I act. When people usually look at me they think that I am a bad kid but if you actually get to know me, then you would get to know that I am very creative, chill, and a cool person. An assigned identities that I have is that i’m Black so I have to face a lot of oppression, but I don’t let any of that get to me. By me letting that get to me it will make me look like I am owning up to the stereotypes that people might look at me as. Some chosen identity that I chose to gain was being good at playing video games, spending time with my family and playing basketball. These traits show what type of person I am, and how I act in my personal life. I hope you like my shadow box and this statement that I wrote.

Christina
April 17, 2019 8:53 pm

Hello Dustin, I enjoyed reading about your shadow box. Its great that your aware of the stereotypes and that your not giving into them. I think people see what they want to see and not who the real person is. I also enjoy playing basketball.

#SJSU

Juan
April 16, 2019 11:35 pm

Dear Dustin, Thank you for sharing your work. I really liked your shadow box and your statement of it. That bead necklace, do the colors represent where you’re from? Or where your family is from? A sentence that really stood out to me is when you said, “When people usually look at me they think that I am a bad kid but if you actually get to know me, then you would get to know that I am very creative, chill, and a cool person.” People can be very judgmental about the way someone looks and they begin to build negative stereotypes from it. You being black I cannot relate but I am Mexican and there is so many stereotypes that people think of me that are negative as well. I can relate to you by saying that they don’t know the real me until you they get to actually meet me. You seem like a strong person by not taking all that negativity to your head. That is also something I do. Your post helped me know that it’s not only Hispanic people going through negative stereotypes but also other ethnic groups which makes me thing that we are not alone.

Jayvon
December 2, 2018 9:37 pm

Dear ________Dustin______,

Thank you for sharing your work. My name is ______Jayvon_______ and I am a student at Fremont High School.
Something I liked about your work was ________________all the artifacts you had inside your shadow box_________________.
Something I have a question about is ______________the hand print___________________. Please feel free to comment on my work in the future. The address of my student blog is http://jayvonafhs2022.edublogs.org/2018/11/30/assignment-3-the-identity-shadow-box/.
Thank You!

3
0
()