cars on road in sunset

Today I read an article called “ Cars That Stop Drunk Driving?.” This article talks about how the president of the United States wants to be able to stop car accidents when people are drunk. “ They could be breathalyzer devices that will automatically disable your vehicle if your blood alcohol level is too high (which is already required of some convicted drunk drivers).” They are trying to have more safety in all the country. And also they have their pros and cons. “Drunk driving is a leading cause of death on America’s roadways. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), roughly ten thousand Americans per year are killed in alcohol-related crashes. That means drunk driving causes nearly 30 percent of all traffic fatalities.” “These devices are impractical. For example, requiring a driver to blow into a breathalyzer tube every time they get into their car would be inconvenient and unpopular.”

What I think about this is that it would be very good to implement things like this in cars since there are many people who drive drunk and we all run a risk. It is better that they have it under control and thus not lose millions of lives due to accidents like these. It is better to be safe than sorry. Even if there are disadvantages, I think it would be better to be blown into a tube than to lose your life.

Are you for or against? What do you think about this?

Vanessa
October 14, 2022 3:45 am

Dear Samantha,
I knowledge your post, “Driving Drunk,” since it talks about a very important topic that causes many deaths every year. This kind of car that you are talking about can save many lives and advance new technology to make our world safer for future generations. It would lower the risk by a lot if they would implement this new technology into people’s cars due to the fact that many young people drive too.
One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is, “It is better that they have it under control and thus not lose millions of lives due to accidents like these. It is better to be safe than sorry.” I think this is very moving to hear because it is 100% better to be safe than sorry. I would rather take the extra time to be safe than risk putting myself and other drivers at risk.
Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing you write again because you talk about important things. Also because you have a good perspective on these valuable topics.
Vanessa

Edith

Dear Samantha,
I acknowledge  your post “Drinking Drunk,” I feel like this is a real problem more people should be aware of. This idea would help reduce accidents that are mostly caused by drinking and driving. I feel like if this were a thing people would feel much safer driving. 
One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is,” ten thousand Americans per year are killed in alcohol-related crashes. ” I think this is very important to acknowledge because it’s putting people’s lives at risk. So I feel like people should try to consider not drinking and driving, especially after knowing this information. 
Thank you for writing, I look forward  to seeing what you write next, because I like how your writing is informational. 
From, Edith

Edith

Dear Samantha,
I acknowledge  your post “Drinking Drunk,” I feel like this is a problem more people should be aware of. This idea would help reduce accidents that are mostly caused by drinking and driving. I feel like if this were a thing people would feel much safer driving. 
From, Edith

Xavier
September 20, 2022 4:30 am

Dear Samantha:

I am intrigued by your post “Driving Drunk,” because I know that drunk driving is a huge issue and has taken plenty of lives. It’s unfortunate and overall a selfish act to know that you have been drinking, and still decide to get behind the wheel.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “It is better to be safe than sorry” I think this is powerful because there have been plenty of instances where families have lost someone forever due to drunk driving.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I am interested in this topic and would be interested in seeing what other things catch your eye. You have good takes and bold opinions which is what is needed.

Xavier Cruz

September 6, 2022 5:56 pm

Dear Samantha,
I am for by your post, “Driving Drunk” because I think that the lives of people are at risk because they chose the decision to drink and drive which can lead them to have serious accidents and put their lives at risk.

One sentence that stood out to me was, “ Even if there are disadvantages, I think it would be better to be blown into a tube than to lose your life.” I think this is an interesting statement because I think it is better to blow in a tube to know if you are under the circumstances of alcohol than risking your life by having a crash and losing your life. By drinking and driving you can be stuck in a hospital bed or even worse die. We have to be consistent with how much alcohol we consume. We also have to be responsible for all of our decisions.

Thank you for your argument. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I think it is interesting how you support your argument and how we see these real-life situations on a daily. If we do plan on drinking we should be responsible and have a friend who is not in the circumstances of drinking to drive.

Stefanie

Luis
September 1, 2022 5:47 pm

I am 50/50 with your post, “Driving Drunk,” because yes many people lose their lives to this and this should be looked into I think having to have a breathalyzer test every time we want to go somewhere or do something would be pretty bad. For example what if you are just going down the street to the store or what if someone is seriously hurt and they needs to be taken to the hospital but they have to wait to breathe into a tube or for the driver to breathe into a tube and have to also wait for the results.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “. Even if there are disadvantages, I think it would be better to be blown into a tube than to lose your life.” I think this is true but still comes with its own risk because like I said what if there was an emergency and someone needed to get somewhere quickly but can’t because they’re waiting on results?

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you have a very valid point. Also, I look forward to what you think about this.
Luis

Lisbeth
August 30, 2022 12:06 am

Dear Samantha,

I am stunned about your post “Driving Drunk,” because it is very shocking how many people decide to drive while they have been drinking and not knowing the risk there putting their lives in and/or other people’s. Many people lose their lives, whether they are innocent or not, through these car accidents.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “What I think about this is that it would be very good to implement things like this in cars since there are many people who drive drunk and we all run a risk.” I think this is important because we all are in risk all because of these people. No matter how safe we drive, we never know if we’ll go through something difficult like this like having a car accident with someone drunk.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it’s really interesting knowing about these real life situations. It’s a strong discussion because in our family, we may or may not have a family member that decides to drive drunk but we all know how dangerous it is. People need to lean how to drive safely to make sure everyone is safe and no more lives are taken away.

Lisbeth

7
0
()