cars on road in sunset

Today I read an article called “ Cars That Stop Drunk Driving?.” This article talks about how the president of the United States wants to be able to stop car accidents when people are drunk. “ They could be breathalyzer devices that will automatically disable your vehicle if your blood alcohol level is too high (which is already required of some convicted drunk drivers).” They are trying to have more safety in all the country. And also they have their pros and cons. “Drunk driving is a leading cause of death on America’s roadways. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), roughly ten thousand Americans per year are killed in alcohol-related crashes. That means drunk driving causes nearly 30 percent of all traffic fatalities.” “These devices are impractical. For example, requiring a driver to blow into a breathalyzer tube every time they get into their car would be inconvenient and unpopular.”

What I think about this is that it would be very good to implement things like this in cars since there are many people who drive drunk and we all run a risk. It is better that they have it under control and thus not lose millions of lives due to accidents like these. It is better to be safe than sorry. Even if there are disadvantages, I think it would be better to be blown into a tube than to lose your life.

Are you for or against? What do you think about this?

0
()