In the article, “Are Smartphones Making Us Stupid?”(Upfront) I learned that people have different reasons on whether smartphones make people smarter or less smart. Ways people feel smartphones have made people less smarter is that they are spending time on things that aren’t seen as productive like going on social media. Also, depending on how they use technology can make us smarter or not and they expressed that using it for social media doesn’t make you smarter. Ways people feel smartphones have made people smarter is being able to find information on anything at any time. Also, it gives access to information, new ideas, and opportunities to grow.

I think that smartphones aren’t making people less smart. It has opened us to universal information at any moment and at any time. It can help us at any time when we need to research or need to check for information quickly. It can also open people to new things like world changing ideas and news. Smartphones allow us to learn more about the world around us and can teach us more about things we like and want to know more about. This is why I feel like smartphones aren’t making us less intelligent.

What are your thoughts on whether Smartphones are affecting our intelligence? 

0
()