In the article, “Does the US Need Universal Healthcare?” (Hughes 2020) I learned that there are many ways that universal health care can help lift significant barriers in lifesaving medical treatment. A main question that always seems to come up is if the US really needs universal health care. The answer is complicated. There are many benefits that in many ways help. The author, Robert Hughes who is a professor, talks about his research on the topic. The main idea given in the article is there are many little tweaks that can be done to our system to help improve without completely uprooting it.

I think it is a good thing with all the research to be able to look back and realize what can be fixed. With that idea in mind, it is easier to try and find a solution without having to create a whole new system. This helps me in my research question because it gives me a look into one side of what people believe health care should be and what steps should be taken to “fix” healthcare. 

As I continue my research on universal healthcare, I want to learn more about why people are against the idea presented in this article.

0
()