I believe the money would buy happiness because without money you would be stressed and crying in a Kia and not a Porshe. Since money is how we get through life and the world, having money would solve at least most financial problems and deal with stress because the low amount of money could take a toll on most. Being able to live instead of surviving when you have money, gifts, and ways into people’s hearts but, money can’t buy love.

Having money means you could be mentally and physically healthier than most. For example, being able to pay for better insurance can help you get better medication and treatment. Or, buying more, you can’t go to dollar menus at any fast-food restaurant or gas station. Also, if your mentally struggling you could get better help like going to therapy and health meetings to better yourself.

People have believed that money isn’t the way to happiness because of how you idolizing something but in How to buy happiness by Authur C. Brooks“they can lower their unhappiness”, he believed that it might not be your absolute source of happiness. There is a limit on how much money you could have before you can’t gain the happiness experience of money.

Mary,

I was very interested in your topic. I think you made some great points and gave me a different perspective. You laid out your post very nicely and it was easy to see the main point. After reading I wanted to find more information so I found this article https://www.givingwhatwecan.org/post/2021/06/can-money-buy-happiness-a-review-of-new-data/ that you might be interested in. I personally think that money in some ways can but happiness but not always. For people who are struggling with money and can’t afford the necessities then money can buy you happiness by providing you with those necessities. This quote stood out to me; “Having money would solve at least most financial problems”. It is true if you have the money and don’t need to worry about financial problems you will be so much happier and less stressed. I enjoyed reading your post. Thank you.

Mary,

I agree that money can buy happiness if not buy then certainly lead to it. I feel the best way to explain to those that don’t see money buying happiness is “being able to live instead of surviving.” Coming and seeing families financially struggle often have the factors of stress, frustration, and fear on a daily when trying to get by. I feel like those with money don’t see it buying or leading to happiness because they don’t have those financial struggles or fears. I could assume their stress levels are lower compared to those with lower incomes because as you mentioned “if you’re mentally struggling you could get better help like going to therapy and health meetings to better yourself.

In the article “Can Money Buy Happiness?” by Sarah Gervais she states:

“Having a higher income, for example, can give us access to homes in safer neighborhoods, better health care and nutrition, fulfilling work, and more leisure time.”

I don’t believe those that don’t struggle would be happy having homes or even considering having homes in areas that aren’t “as safe.” I appreciate you giving me insight on all of this. Your writing was east to follow and understand. I hope to be able to read more of your work.

Thank you!

Last edited 1 year ago by Karen

2
0
()