In the article ¨Roads to Ruin¨?(upfront) I learned that in January there was heavy rain that led to a collapse of a portion of California Highway 1 into the ocean. This is a horrible situation because we as California residents depend on roads because we need them to get from point A to point B. When this happens roadways near the ocean are at risk because when a heavy storm hits it eats away the soil that holds the road in place. In the summer when all the wildfires are happing can also damage the roads near the hill because it eats up and damages the vegetation hillside soil.

I think this type of situation can put people in danger because we depend on roads in our everyday life. It’s a horrible situation because if all the roads get damaged then how are we supposed to go places. It would also affect houses too because every year they get damaged due to climate change.

What do you think about this situation?

0
()