The term chivalry, according to britannica.com, is the gallantry and honour expected of knights. “Chivalry”, was a word most used in the 12th and 13th centuries when knights were a part of your everyday life. However, now in days when knights aren’t as common, chivalry would refer to the respect and good behavior of boys. This brings us to a common question asked by most teenage girls. Can the concepts of chivalry be found in boys today? The code of Chivalry was the “honor code of knights” in which King Arthur’s knights swore to. The oath of chivalry consisted of protecting the weak and defenseless, obeying those placed in authority, always speaking the truth, and Highlighting the importance of great Honor and gallantry toward women. According to Británica.com During the Medieval ages, these codes of chivalry were engraved into boys at a young age so that when they were around the age of 17 they were capable of becoming a knight. Many girls at the high school age of 17 may find it difficult to believe that boys at that age used to be practicing chivalry and practically “trained” to obey, honor, and respect women like gentlemen. According to Colorado.edu, researchers found that about 34% of people have reported being cheated on at one point in their lives. In medieval times, this would never happen. The young boys were raised with the right to respect women. Nowadays, we are considered lucky if we get the door held for us. Perhaps we should bring back the oath of chivalry to boys today.

0
()