Some people say that if you eat an apple before you go to bed your body will absorb all of the nutrients and you will not get sick. Apples can prevent some common diseases such as cancer, strokes, and heart disease. The biggest and most important disease apples can prevent is heart disease. Many people suffer from heart disease for various reasons. Drinking a few glasses of apple juice or eating two apples every day will promote a healthy heart and a healthy body. The active ingredients of an apple are pectin, boron, quercetin, and vitamin C (Hunter). Pectin is a fiber that lowers blood pressure and sugar levels. It can also lower the bad cholesterol in the body. Boron is a strong ingredient in apples that promotes strong bone and brain health. Quercetin is a nutrient that lowers the chances of various cancers. Apples are also good for the oral health of the body by killing bacteria in the mouth. Eating an apple or two everyday will encourage a healthy body, but the ingredients in an apple will not prevent illness. There are many different diseases that can not be prevented no matter how healthy someone is. Eating a well balanced diet and exercising regularly will increase your chances of maintaining a healthy body. If you believe that eating an apple a day will prevent you from paying a visit to your doctor you will be disappointed.    

http://health.howstuffworks.com/mental-health/human-nature/health-myths/an

0
()