What Do You Think Are the Secrets to Happiness? In a popular course at Yale University, students learn that the keys to happiness are sleep, gratitude and helping other people. Do you agree?

You are currently viewing a revision titled "What Do You Think Are the Secrets to Happiness? In a popular course at Yale University, students learn that the keys to happiness are sleep, gratitude and helping other people. Do you agree?", saved on May 5, 2021 at 2:25 pm by Paul
Title
Content
Sleep is important, yes, but I think it tends to go in circles: When I'm unhappy, I tend to sleep less and when I sleep less, I'm more unhappy. So it's important to break this chain one way or the other. OH, and this leads me to MY basic, my lived, my real philosophy about happiness is that there is a circle between feelings of happiness and physical activity. So for example, most people feel a high at some point when they are running. I do sometimes, but even when I don't really feel that I do feel more confident and at peace... more in control -- or actually it's more about giving up control sometimes... It's corney, but I feel more connected to the earth, to nature when I'm running. And from the opposite perspective, when I feel down or unhappy, it's harder to put my running gear on and go outside for a run, but when I do I feel better. So why not recognize this connection and use physical activity -- in my case running -- to bring me closer to
Excerpt

Old New Date Created Author Actions
May 5, 2021 at 2:25 pm Paul

0
()