Upward Bound at Delaware Tech 05.17.2020 Workshop 2

1. One thing you did today that makes you feel good about yourself as an educator
  2. Questions, concerns, stress-points with integrating Youth Voices, NowComment, and Kumospace this summer
  3. Becoming students for 30 minutes. Let’s walk through the three activity rooms of Profile Set-up
    • Why?  The set of activities in the Profile Set-up (which could be done in the first three days) are designed to introduce students to four writing tools that become the connective fluid of the Youth Voices platform, because these make the youth and their thinking visible to each other:
      • status updates on their walls
      • informal writer’s notebooks or journals
      • comments on images, texts, and videos on NowComment
      • more carefully constructed comments posted on peers’ discussion posts
    • These modes of composing create the soil out of which the students can publish multimodal zines or essays or poems or stories about the wicked problems and vital questions they see in their lives and community.
    • And it has to be practical and well planned. I’m committed to getting this ready in the next three or four weeks.
  4. Touring the NowComment Literature Library and Planning for Moxie and Fire Keepers Daughter: What might the 4 or 5 sections be?
  5. What’s familiar? What’s new and exciting? What do you need to think about more? What do you need support on?

0
()