The Death Penalty

Currently, nearly 2000 people are on death row awaiting execution. The increasing debate regarding the execution of these people has divided the country on this issue. For those against the death penalty, it is argued that the possibility of executing an innocent person is possible. In addition, it is argued that the death penalty violates human rights significantly due to the extreme torture and cruelty exhibited. The death penalty has failed to deter crime effectively, as crimes continue to occur even with the death penalty in place. On the other hand, it is argued that the crime committed is punishable by death. For example, if multiple lives are taken, some believe that the perpetrator’s life should also be taken, as innocent people died. The fact that it is used for only the most severe crimes is something to be analyzed. In conclusion, the death penalty has positives and negatives with an uncertain future.

Sources:

The death penalty should remain legal

https://www.barrons.com/news/the-death-penalty-in-the-us-01668738308?tesla=y

Why the Death Penalty should be abolished

0
()