Something I did in the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself… what this shows about me.

The first thing that comes to mind is running. Yesterday I started running a third time each day. What happens is that I try to increase the distance I run 10% every week, and I’m up to ten miles a day. If you do the math you can see that if I go out twice a day, I’m running for five miles each time, and this takes about an hour for me to do each time. However, if I commit to going out a third time — say before lunch — for a short extra time, I can go less the other two times and still reach my goal. Even more when I go up a little bit each of the three times, I increase my distance more easily. This is all crazy talk, and I don’t even like to admit that I think this way, but setting goals and making small increments on a regular basis toward those goals is a good habit no matter what part of life we are talking about.

0
()