My thoughts on the article, "Is Snapchat a Revolutionary Form of Social Media?" by Caroline Crosson Gilpin

I chose to read this article because I particularly don’t agree with what it is claiming and that is good. I like to branch out on my views and read about things that I might not agree with to get a feel of their viewpoint. I had used Snapchat years before and didn’t find it all that alluring, tiresome even. However, I was drawn to this to see how much has changed and if there is anything new and cutting edge. I learned that one of Snapchat’s new features is live stories which hire producers and reporters to assemble clips from users into news segments covering a variety of events from big to small.

What is nice about this article is that there is little bias even though it may seem like something that would have a lot. They are stating the details of Snapchat’s new features and posing a question to the readers about whether or not they think it’s revolutionary. I would say that New York Times is a reliable source for this article as any Snapchat user can form an opinion on how revolutionary it is and give you a list of its new features. I enjoyed reading this article and look forward to reading its comments to see what other students think on the subject.

0
()