My personal Inquiry

Why is important to know Scratch? People usually do not agree with the idea that Scratch he’s students to develop computational thinking, but I all the time propose parents to let their kids express their ideas and what they know through Scratch, where their learning can become more attractive while they use their thinking. I explain that some topics in math, biology, or other sciences course where students feel frustrated to understand the concept, by using the scratch they can build different games where they can learn those concepts. One of the examples is how a water molecule is formed and I how my project in Scratch to have it as an example for them.  Does this mean that SCratch is only used for subjects in school, I can say no. Scratch can be a useful way to connect with others, through projects people can interact with each other by giving ideas or help each other to build a project. By using their thinking and coding, our brain is more active, by rising self-esteem and pride for what you have built in your project. Today is very important to interact with each other, even though you do not live in the same state, through Scratch you can have friends around he works and see other people’s world.

When I first learned about Scratch, I was questioning why I need to know this program.  this program helped me to be more confident using computer skills and also to see it as another mode of how to create and express my thoughts.  Scratch is a way to bring out what we really want to say or express by using sprites and putting our world in them. It is not an easy program, but through steps it gives os many find rent ways to create games, an interactive program. the challenging part is to try out how blocks work with each other to present a cation, and this took me a while to learn it, still, I am learning.  This makes me think that Scratch is a program that helps my brain to think more and to be more creative.

Why do we need to incorporate Scratch in our curriculum? Today that I am more related to students and I can see how boring sometimes can be just giving lectures and doing the assignment, Scratch is a very useful program. Students can learn how to be creative and use their ability to use this program  From this, I also believe that teachers need to know how to use scratch in their curriculum, how to incorporate computational thinking based also in the subject that they teach. It is important to give our students space to express themselves, and I see scratch as the best possibility.

Comment display has been disabled on this doc.