How will climate change affect my life?

Climate change has the capability to affect my life significantly. More specifically, climate change is affecting what I love to do, especially skiing. Climate change is diminishing snow cover for skiers. Skiers in the backcountry are finding it more difficult to find openings and good lines to ski. Avalanche threats have been amplified by the increasing amount of wildfires, which is a product of climate change. The extreme heat and dryness that causes wildfires are directly related to skiing conditions worsening. Additionally, the snowpack is melting easier, not helping the stability of the snow for skiing. Resorts are turning towards artificial snow to combat the lack of snow. “Between 1982 and 2016, the American ski season shrunk by an average of 34 days, and levels of snow cover saw an average drop of 41 percent, according to a study in the journal Geophysical Research Letters.” Therefore, climate change is significantly affecting skiing as a whole and my life. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/07/climate/skiing-climate-change.html

0
()