How to set up a Web Story as a Digital Portfolio

1. On the Youth Voices home screen, hover over the section Member’s Wall.
  2. When the drop-down menu pops up, Click on “Create or Edit a Web Story.” A new tab will open.
  3. Search through the Web-Stories until you find “Navarro – Portfolio.”
  4. Hover over the title, “Navarro – Portfolio.” Three Vertical Dots will appear. Click on the three vertical dots.
  5. When the drop-down menu appears, click on duplicate.
  6. A duplicated copy of “Navarro – Portfolio” will appear. This will be YOUR template for your portfolio.
  7. Hover over the cover of your duplicate. A button titled, “Open in Editor” will appear. Click on this button.
  8. You are now in editor mode for your portfolio. Consider using this blog post, How to Build Google Web Stories in WordPress, to support your revisions for personalizing your portfolio.
    1. Make sure that you rename your duplicate portfolio with your name.
    2. Don’t forget to select three Habits of Mind that you plan to highlight in your portfolio.
  9. When you have completed your portfolio set-up, click on the purple rectangular button in the upper right corner labeled “Publish.”
  10. A pop-up will appear on your screen. You can review the checklist before publishing or move forward by pressing “Continue to Publish.”
  11. A pop-up will appear on your screen. Click on the word “Dismiss.”
  12. Move your cursor to the right side of the screen. Click on the Section “Document.”
  13. Scroll through the section until you find the permalink to your portfolio. Copy the link.
  14. Return to the Youth Voices home screen, hover over the section Member’s Wall.
  15. When the drop-down menu pops up, Click on “Create a Discussion Post.” A new tab will open.
  16. Click on the blue square with a white plus sign in the upper left corner.
  17. In the Search tab, type “Web Stories.” Click on the icon that has the words “Web Stories” underneath it.
  18. A block will appear on the screen. Click on the 3rd rectangle labeled, “Story URL.” The rectangle also has a hyperlink symbol within it.
  19. Paste the permalink to your portfolio in the space provided. Click on the blue rectangular button that says “Embed.” Your portfolio will appear on the screen.

0
()