Description of a Child

Ezra is an outgoing young boy. He’s quick to talk, but clever and well-spoken. He speaks with many different facial expressions and likes to use his hands a lot when he’s getting ideas off of his mind. His feelings can usually be read aloud as his energy is loud and often the most vibrant in the room. He get’s along with the other kids well because he doesn’t shy away from conversation. With adults on the other hand, it can be great or sour. Some adults like him and see that he’s a smart young boy, other’s think he is too impulsive and wish that he would simmer down a bit. When given projects, Ezra is quick to take action. He doesn’t do much planning ahead, and instead he plans as he goes. For most projects, he prefers a combination of small drawings and sketches to go with ideas and sentences. These seem to work best for Ezra and even though he gets ahead of himself by not planning before hand, he can often times slow down during the process and revise a lot to make his material better. Observing Ezra for some time now, It can be seen that his best approach to learning is trial and error. Often times whether instructions be given to him verbally or through observation, he needs to take action and do things himself. Through this, Ezra seems to come up with his best work and learn more about himself.

Karyn
July 29, 2022 5:25 pm

Dear Bradley:
I am interested in your post, “The description of a child,” because I can relate to Ezra.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ It can be seen that his best approach to learning is trial and error” I think this is agreeable because I also learn well by trial and error. Ezra sounds like he will succeed in his math classes.
Another sentence I enjoyed was: “His feelings can usually be read aloud as his energy is loud and often the most vibrant in the room.” This stood out for me because this is great to have in a classroom it shows high student interest and readiness. 
High-energy students can help average out the classroom energy and encourage low-energy students to participate or get engaged. Have you seen this article? Managing Student Energy – Robert F. Bruner (virginia.edu) I thought you might be interested in this because we can see Ezra’s personality in a positive light.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I want to see how Ezra contributes his energy to making the classroom a more welcoming environment.

2
0
()