Born a crime

Paragraph 11 of “born a crime “ by Trevor Noah might leave a reader feeling upset because it explains that in the time of apartheid in South Africa you weren’t Offered any opportunities unless you were white or at least close to being white and this was followed by the ideology that being anything but white wasn’t right and viewed as impurity an example of this is on paragraph 11“ Keep on marrying lighter and whiter and don’t touch the chocolate and maybe, maybe, someday, if you’re lucky, you can become white.” This is upsetting because they make it seem as though it’s wrong to be anything but white , that being anything else would mean their bloodline is tainted and they should work towards erasing who they are 

So far, the Theme in “born a crime “ might remind a reader of the beauty Standards that many communities possess and that is how having lighter skin or lighter eyes make you beautiful while having dark eyes and darker skin makes you less attractive or tainted , they make you feel ashamed for not having white features and celebrate you when you do 

After this part of the book, most readers probably will be looking forward to reading the rest of this book because they will be hoping for a change further along the story and for the people who make these sort of racist/discriminatory comments to be called out and put in their place. What’s probably going to happen next is acts like these will continue intill Activism takes place in order to defend the people they try so hard to keep from progressing .

0
()