You are viewing docs with the following tags: metwest-shadowbox-showcase - View All Docs

Filter by: AttachmentsSearchTag

Has attachment Title Author Created Last Edited Group Tags
Sheryll Perez Artist Statement

On the outside of my shadow box I decided to put a female symbol because when people see me they see a female or a girl. I also added two drawings of women in dresses because they represent my assigned identity. I also added on the outside a man with a tattoo because the first thing people think […]

Sheryll September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #MetWest #ShadowBox #ShowCase
Michel’s identity

My shadow box represents the way females are stereotyped by dominant narratives. On the outside, I decided to put a lot of pink and ‘’girly’’ things. I also added “perfect girl bodies.” On the inside, I also decided to include my race, gender, and my religion. All of these things are part of my identity. My chosen identities are that […]

Michel September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #MetWest #ShadowBox #ShowCase
Aniya”s work.

When people see me they see a tall Black female. Those two assigned identities are true. They don’t tell people who I am. The outside of my box represents the dominant narrative that I’m shy and have dark skin. All the images inside of my shadow box represent my counter narratives.  I decided to put a picture of me […]

Aniya R September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #MetWest #ShadowBox #ShowCase
Get to Know About Quennie

Artist Statement By Quennie Boreliz   When people look at me they see a short Asian that is loud. That isn’t enough for a stranger to see the full picture of me. My assigned identities represented in my shadow box is that I’m Filipina, female and short. I’ve decided to put the Filipino flag on the outside of my box […]

Quennie A September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #MetWest #ShadowBox #ShowCase

There are no docs for this view.

Viewing 1-4 of 4 docs