You are viewing docs with the following tags: habits-of-mind-bio - View All Docs

Filter by: AttachmentsSearchTag

Has attachment Title Author Created Last Edited Group Tags
A Brief Bio

Have you heard of the Dunning-Kruger Effect? This is a common occurrence where the most confident people are not the experts, but the ones with only a slight understanding about a given topic. Psychologists believe this happens because these overly-confident novices do not realize the depth of the subject they, in actuality, know very little about. True experts know they […]

Emily H. July 14, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
“Making your Mark” with Audio

–Creating, Imagining, and Innovating We apply our creativity and imagination while creating our profile, and then we innovate our page when matching our pictures with our self-reflection. –Responding with Wonderment and Awe Thinking as an educator, when teachers scaffold students’ engagement in the classroom, we can acknowledge that the students’ reactions include wonderment and awe. –Thinking Flexible When completing my […]

Marlen July 15, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
Habits of Minds

Persisting: I think this personality trait is extremely useful as well as negative. I believe that it is great because I become organized and will never give up but if the plan doesn’t work I get frustrated because I spend so much time planning Managing impulsivity:  I tend to be impulsive when it comes to situations where I have more […]

Lexxis July 15, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
Three Habits of Mind Comments

Hello! My name is Jesse and I am a music teacher with a background in creative approaches. I’ve chosen three of Costa’s Habits of Mind to summarize myself as a teacher and also my approach to learning. Hopefully these will paint an accurate portrait of what it might be like to study with me. Firstly, is the Habit of Listening […]

Jesse July 17, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
I was born to do exactly what I’m doing today.

I’ve been working in restaurants for over 8 years now. When you work in the hospitality industry listening is a must. I’ve worked with and served people from all around the world when working on a cruise ship. I’ve never had a customer I couldn’t help even if there wasn’t a complete solution to a problem, as long as they […]

Karyn July 18, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
personal bio

My name is Branden Girtman. I am from Port Chester, New York. I Love to go to church and interact with people from all walks of life. I am a music teacher and one thing I love to do is listen to people. That may seem a little strange or something that is not normally said. Listening to people helps […]

Branden July 18, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
My Bio

My name is Diana León, I am 30 years old, and I am currently doing my MSED program in Childhood Education with a Bilingual Extension. I have lived my entire life in NYC and don’t really see myself anywhere else. Two words that would easily describe me is resilience and grit. I am the type of person that would look […]

Diana July 18, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
An Introduction To Me

I am Bradly Rivera, a 23 year-old learner and mentor. I connect with many of the habit’s of mind (HOB’s) but the one’s that hit home the most are “managing impulsivity,” “listening with understanding and empathy,” and “questioning and posing problems.” I used to be a naturally impulsive person. It was hard for me to control the thoughts that came […]

Bradly July 21, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
Introducing myself

My name is Alexis Asencio. I’m 23 years old, and I’m working towards my goal of becoming a science teacher for grades 7-12. I was born in the Dominican Republic, and when I was 10 my parents and I decided to come to New York. From and early age in the DR I felt the passion to teach, and so […]

Alexis July 22, 2022 August 17, 2022 Dominican Rep, Habits of Mind Bio, myself, New York, teacher
A little bit of Me!

My name is Claudia Suarez, I’m Dominican, I’m Cancer and I am a bilingual PreK teacher. I believe all children can learn as long as they are provided with the appropriate tools and assistance to target the areas that need support and development. I am a proud mom of two boys ages 9 and 2. I am very family oriented […]

Claudia July 23, 2022 August 17, 2022 #BIO #knowme #alittlebitofme #habitsofmind, Habits of Mind Bio
My 3 Habits of Mind

Remaining open to continuous learning i believe this habit of mind reflects the need to avoid complacency in ones thinking. the work consisted of explaining why the profile and cover photo are meaningful to me. self reflecting on global phenomenon and its relation to oneself is motivation in itself to avoid complacency in ones thinking.   Listening with understanding and […]

Rafael August 6, 2022 August 16, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
My bio in relation to my 3 Habits of Mind

Born to 1st generation Dominican and Salvadoran parents and forever inspired by their perseverance to work and family, I uphold the legacy of resistance associated with the ancestors of my parents. I am a product of the Bronx public education system k-12 and the CUNY system; having graduated from Hostos Community College and Lehman College. In relation to the grassroots […]

There are no docs for this view.

Viewing 1-12 of 12 docs