You are viewing all docs.

Filter by: AttachmentsSearchTag

Has attachment Title Author Created Last Edited Group Tags
People?

The other day Ms.Speer got upset because me and a classmate took a pair of headphones to listen to the story we was reading. But supposely she wanted to read the story outloud to us but we prefered to hear the story being read to us in the computer so once she noticed we wasn’t really paying any attention to […]

Steven E September 23, 2022 September 23, 2022
how well do you read other people

me and my friend went to the house of a friend of his and everything was a mess and he told me that the whole house was full of cat hair and he told me he didn’t know how to tell him that he had to shake the furniture for him to sit down because he doesn’t like animal hair […]

Ezequiel September 23, 2022 September 23, 2022
How well do you read other people?

I’m not that good at reading other people. I just feel like people can be surprising ,They can look like good vibes and end up being bad or a horrible person. Probably one of the reasons why i don’t socialize with people. You never know who is who. And i rather stay with the people i know. Print this page.

Keily September 23, 2022 September 23, 2022
Reading people

I think i can read other people pretty well. I usually read people when i really like a person just to see if they are the one for me or not. With friends i am pretty picky about who i become friends with now a days because its hard to really find somebody whos worth being your friend so i […]

Angel September 23, 2022 September 23, 2022
How well do you read other people ?

Actually im good at it without knowing whos going to be in the class and mostly im good at reading energy right away and feel energy from a good distance Print this page.

Jessenia September 23, 2022 September 23, 2022
Friends?

To be honest I rarely text people unless they text me but I do check on my “friends” I call my brothers. My other friends we just speak when we see eachother but they know the vibes those my muddyy. And not everyone should be deserved to be checked up on every once in a while. Print this page.

Steven E September 22, 2022 September 22, 2022
How often do you text your friends just to say “Hi”?

I text my friends very often. Almost everyday, we are very close and we like to check up on each other very often. we talk about everything and anything that doesn’t matter the time or day. I do like getting texts as well makes me feel I’m not always the one always texting. Print this page.

Keily September 22, 2022 September 22, 2022
Friends

Me personally i dont really text anybody through out the day, this doe not mean i am not friends with the person but i just believe that now since we are getting older that we dont need to be texting each other every single day. Some of us work some of us dont but we all have our things to […]

Angel September 22, 2022 September 22, 2022
how often do you text your friends just to say “hi”

not often because i see them everyday at school or around my house who i like getting texts from is my girlfriendx Print this page.

Mamadou September 22, 2022 September 22, 2022
How often do you text your friends to say hi ?

Me getting text from someone out of no where is something i would not be surprise at all why because it tends to me that they something but the only person i text is my bf but we barely why because one im at school at all day and he works Print this page.

Jessenia September 22, 2022 September 22, 2022
Mophead Hydrangea

Print this page.

Paul September 22, 2022 September 22, 2022
Stress, Worry, Anxiety

Stress- when I do many things in a single day that give me a lot of stress and I fall asleep Worry- I get very worried when they tell me I have to do a lot of things and I don’t want to do it and it makes me anxious and I start eating. If I start listening to music, […]

Ezequiel September 21, 2022 September 21, 2022
Stress, Worry, & Anxiety

A way that i usually deal with stress is by taking a nap, sometimes it helps me clear my mind and take it off what has me stressed out. A way that i deal with worry is by making sure that whatever i am worried about gets handled before it gets out of control. A way i deal with anxiety […]

Angel September 21, 2022 September 21, 2022
Stress, Worry And Anxiety..

Stress comes every single day when I gotta think about making it to school early and doing what I have to do in school it ain’t easy for me at times especially when I have mixed thoughts in my head and I’m thinking about other things at once. Worry – Last time I felt really worried was on Friday and […]

Steven E September 21, 2022 September 21, 2022
Stress, Worry, Anxiety

Stress- when you do many things in a single day you give me a lot of stress and I fall asleep Worry- I get very worried when they tell me I have to do a lot of things and I don’t want to do it and it makes me anxious and I start eating Print this page.

Stress, worry and anxiety are all different. how do you cope with each?

i cope with stress worry and anxiety by counting to 10 or sleeping or just playing ball to take my mind off it Print this page.

Mamadou September 21, 2022 September 21, 2022
New vs Old

Yes i do seek out new experiences. I am very open to new things such as music, foods, movies, ect.. because its always good to know multiple things than to know things you’ve already known in the past. Being open to other things can open up new opportunities also. Print this page.

Angel September 20, 2022 September 20, 2022
Do you seek experiences? or stick with the things you know and love

i like experiences more because i can find more things that ill know and love thats probably way better than what i know and like right now Print this page.

Mamadou September 20, 2022 September 20, 2022
New Experiences?

I like to experience new things because it allows me to expand my mind and learn. Sometimes you can do things all over but eventually it’ll get tiring and you would wanna see what’s new in the book of life.  For example I move smarter than how I used to. Print this page.

Steven E September 20, 2022 September 20, 2022
Do you seek out new experiences? or stick with things you know and love?

I do seek out new experiences because it’s all about learning new things. I love try new music and food. Especially if I’m traveling , i like trying different cultures. I’m not a gamer but i love traveling and exploring new places . But also i like doing the same thing that I’m used to. Print this page.

Keily September 20, 2022 September 20, 2022
What have your friends taught you about life ?

How should i say this …. well i actually i do not have friends well i do have friends but i have friends that been with me since day 1 which means since we were kids the age of 3-5 up now which were 20-22 years now . So the people that think they were or they think they are […]

Jessenia September 19, 2022 September 19, 2022
what have your friends taught you about life

what my friends taught me about life is not everybody you bring in your circle likes you or is a good company Print this page.

Mamadou September 19, 2022 September 19, 2022
Friends

My “friends” have taught me that not everybody is your friend. Growing up i’ve always had a good amount of friends some who back stabbed me and some who have actually been pretty good friends. Sometimes its good to have friends but a lot of times its good to be alone in certain situations. My life would have been different […]

Angel September 19, 2022 September 19, 2022
what have your friends taught you about life?

my personality has been different if my friends didn’t tell me taught how to run the street and what friends are like when they don’t need you and that taught me that I have to do what I like even if nobody likes it. Print this page.

Ezequiel September 19, 2022 September 19, 2022

my personality has been different if my friends didn’t tell me taught how to run the street and what friends are like when they don’t need you. Print this page.

Friends

Life has thought me that the friend title can’t just be given to anyone not everyone that you come around or speak to should be consider a friend some people would wanna get next to you to know about you and speak to others about you. I don’t really like making new friends in my opinion I like sticking to […]

Steven E September 19, 2022 September 19, 2022
9/11

In the article, ” Remembering 9/11″ ( BTW, Admin, 2022) I learned that in New York City on September 11, 2001, there would be a memorial to all those who died in the tragic events of the attack. This horrible attack caused thousands of deaths, which then caused more deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan Those attacks in Iraq and Afghanistan […]

Fatima September 19, 2022 September 19, 2022
Strength

The exception to this breakneck pace occurred at story time. Any story Carol read had a calming effect. However, when she began The Little House in the Big Woods, the group was transfixed. When she finished the book, they begged for more stories by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Carol told them more about the author and said that in each book […]

Paul September 14, 2022 September 14, 2022
On my mind

Something that’s been on my mind lately is college or what am i doing after high school. I confuse myself a lot because i think about it too much and change my mind every time. I always wanted to be a nurse or a dentist. I also want to work when i graduate but i also don’t want to put […]

Keily September 14, 2022 September 14, 2022
What’s new at Youth Voices?

1. Logging in at Youth Voices takes you to the wall on your profile! Now when you log in at Youth Voices, instead of opening the home page, you will be on your profile page where you can: scroll on a wall with a stream of your recent activity on the site (and in NowComment) and you can reconnect leave […]

Paul September 10, 2022 September 11, 2022
Paul’s Writer’s Notebook

The idea is simply to write for ten minutes (later on, perhaps fifteen or twenty). Don’t stop for anything. Go quickly without rushing. Never stop to look back, to cross something out, to wonder how to spell something, to wonder what word or thought to use, or to think about what you are doing. If you can’t think of a […]

Paul September 9, 2022 September 10, 2022
What’s more important talent or hard work?

People who have talent without hard work are just more tragic in their failure. Maybe it’s not fair for me to think of my youngest son in this light, but when he reads a difficult novel and has brilliant insights, makes a painting, composes a poem, and write a piece of music, or when he sings in a choir and […]

Paul December 2, 2020 September 9, 2022 journal
One thing I did in the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself. What this shows.

So yesterday I concentrated on creating a system on Youth Voices that would allow teachers and students to recognize each other for the skills they are showing in their work. Now anybody can go and create a “skill” for others. This reaches back to our early work with P2PU badges and brings the knowledge we’ve gained with issuing hundreds of […]

Paul October 23, 2020 September 9, 2022 journal
What Do You Think Are the Secrets to Happiness? In a popular course at Yale University, students learn that the keys to happiness are sleep, gratitude and helping other people. Do you agree?

Sleep is important, yes, but I think it tends to go in circles: When I’m unhappy, I tend to sleep less and when I sleep less, I’m more unhappy. So it’s important to break this chain one way or the other. OH, and this leads me to MY basic, my lived, my real philosophy about happiness is that there is […]

Paul May 5, 2021 September 9, 2022 journal
My Journal for Today

It was sad an exciting at the same time to see children posing outside of my building this morning on their first day of school. I remember those photos with my children. They were important moments of saying goodbye — but not goodbye, really, more it was a kind of taking a deep breath and saying “Go for it.” It […]

Paul September 29, 2020 September 9, 2022 journal
Setting up a Group in NowComment

Over the past few days, I’ve been working on NowComment to organize materials around AAPI — Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. It has been exciting to share my tech tips with a growing community of teachers to show them how to get a document up on NowComment “properly.” And to reach out to people to see what they can […]

Paul May 6, 2021 September 9, 2022 journal
One thing i did over the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself

Well I pulled together Brendaly’s portfolio I presented it at a conference workshop on Saturday. I’m pretty excited about the possibilities for this work, but there’s a gap between what we can do on Youth Voices and what teachers and what teachers and students want to, can, or are aware that they can do. It’s this gap that keeps me […]

Paul May 10, 2021 September 9, 2022 journal
How Do You Connect to Your Heritage? Do you feel connected to your family and cultural roots? Or do you feel distant or cut off from them?

I feel like my heritage has been shifting ever since I left high school and the small town in Western Pennsylvania where I grew up. If I use my mother as an example of my family and my cultural roots, I would say that I feel more and more distant from her ideologies, biases, paranoia, and prejudice. When I think […]

Paul May 19, 2021 September 9, 2022 journal
Something I did today that makes me feel good about myself

Let’s see — I’m happy that Marina and I worked hard to pivot from our original plans and over one weekend to build an entire playlist and room on Kumospace. These playlists usually take about a week to create, and both of us stood up (if I can use that phrase) at different times to get it done. I finished […]

Paul July 26, 2021 September 9, 2022 journal
Finding The Habits of Mind Around Every Corner on Youth Voices

On the Youth Voices platform, we have been building tools, collecting resources, designing activities, and organizing examples to help students “become more thoughtful, responsive, and innovative” using The Habits of Mind. And now we are proposing an action research project to support 10-15 teachers to explore their questions while they bring Youth Voices and The Habits of Mind into their […]

Paul August 11, 2022 September 9, 2022
Learning to dialogue with AI

I remember one evening in 1990 when I successfully downloaded an entire issue of Crisis Magazine from the Twenties to a 3.5 inch floppy disk. It took some time for the original images, poetry, stories, and essays to come to me over a network of university computers that was part of the Internet. This was before the World Wide Web […]

Paul September 5, 2022 September 9, 2022
“Making your Mark” with Audio

–Creating, Imagining, and Innovating We apply our creativity and imagination while creating our profile, and then we innovate our page when matching our pictures with our self-reflection. –Responding with Wonderment and Awe Thinking as an educator, when teachers scaffold students’ engagement in the classroom, we can acknowledge that the students’ reactions include wonderment and awe. –Thinking Flexible When completing my […]

Marlen July 15, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
Habits of Minds

Persisting: I think this personality trait is extremely useful as well as negative. I believe that it is great because I become organized and will never give up but if the plan doesn’t work I get frustrated because I spend so much time planning Managing impulsivity:  I tend to be impulsive when it comes to situations where I have more […]

Lexxis July 15, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
A Brief Bio

Have you heard of the Dunning-Kruger Effect? This is a common occurrence where the most confident people are not the experts, but the ones with only a slight understanding about a given topic. Psychologists believe this happens because these overly-confident novices do not realize the depth of the subject they, in actuality, know very little about. True experts know they […]

Emily H. July 14, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
I was born to do exactly what I’m doing today.

I’ve been working in restaurants for over 8 years now. When you work in the hospitality industry listening is a must. I’ve worked with and served people from all around the world when working on a cruise ship. I’ve never had a customer I couldn’t help even if there wasn’t a complete solution to a problem, as long as they […]

Karyn July 18, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
Three Habits of Mind Comments

Hello! My name is Jesse and I am a music teacher with a background in creative approaches. I’ve chosen three of Costa’s Habits of Mind to summarize myself as a teacher and also my approach to learning. Hopefully these will paint an accurate portrait of what it might be like to study with me. Firstly, is the Habit of Listening […]

Jesse July 17, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
personal bio

My name is Branden Girtman. I am from Port Chester, New York. I Love to go to church and interact with people from all walks of life. I am a music teacher and one thing I love to do is listen to people. That may seem a little strange or something that is not normally said. Listening to people helps […]

Branden July 18, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
My Bio

My name is Diana León, I am 30 years old, and I am currently doing my MSED program in Childhood Education with a Bilingual Extension. I have lived my entire life in NYC and don’t really see myself anywhere else. Two words that would easily describe me is resilience and grit. I am the type of person that would look […]

Diana July 18, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
An Introduction To Me

I am Bradly Rivera, a 23 year-old learner and mentor. I connect with many of the habit’s of mind (HOB’s) but the one’s that hit home the most are “managing impulsivity,” “listening with understanding and empathy,” and “questioning and posing problems.” I used to be a naturally impulsive person. It was hard for me to control the thoughts that came […]

Bradly July 21, 2022 August 17, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
Introducing myself

My name is Alexis Asencio. I’m 23 years old, and I’m working towards my goal of becoming a science teacher for grades 7-12. I was born in the Dominican Republic, and when I was 10 my parents and I decided to come to New York. From and early age in the DR I felt the passion to teach, and so […]

Alexis July 22, 2022 August 17, 2022 Dominican Rep, Habits of Mind Bio, myself, New York, teacher
A little bit of Me!

My name is Claudia Suarez, I’m Dominican, I’m Cancer and I am a bilingual PreK teacher. I believe all children can learn as long as they are provided with the appropriate tools and assistance to target the areas that need support and development. I am a proud mom of two boys ages 9 and 2. I am very family oriented […]

Claudia July 23, 2022 August 17, 2022 #BIO #knowme #alittlebitofme #habitsofmind, Habits of Mind Bio
My 3 Habits of Mind

Remaining open to continuous learning i believe this habit of mind reflects the need to avoid complacency in ones thinking. the work consisted of explaining why the profile and cover photo are meaningful to me. self reflecting on global phenomenon and its relation to oneself is motivation in itself to avoid complacency in ones thinking.   Listening with understanding and […]

Rafael August 6, 2022 August 16, 2022 Habits of Mind Bio
My bio in relation to my 3 Habits of Mind

Born to 1st generation Dominican and Salvadoran parents and forever inspired by their perseverance to work and family, I uphold the legacy of resistance associated with the ancestors of my parents. I am a product of the Bronx public education system k-12 and the CUNY system; having graduated from Hostos Community College and Lehman College. In relation to the grassroots […]

Letter for Co-Teacher

Good afternoon  Ms. Gongalez I participated in a professional learning experience with LUTE Stem at Lehman College. I learned a lot about Costa and Kallick’s Habits of Mind, Pat Carini’s Descriptive Review of a Child protocol, and multimodal composition. The truth is that I have been very nervous about being in a classroom. I am currently a School Secretary and […]

Stephanie July 25, 2022 August 11, 2022
Description child post

I once had a student in preschool whom I will call Jimmy. Jimmy was tall taller than all the other students that were in class and he was very shy. All the teachers  tried to get Jimmy to come into the room, but he started to cry and refused to come into the room. They sent me outside to see […]

Branden August 1, 2022 August 8, 2022
Middle School!

Jose is a bilingual student from the Dominican Republic who is literate in both Spanish and English, and who has a dark skin complexion living in the neighborhood where the school is located. This still doesn’t stop Jose from arriving late to school. Although the school has a uniform policy, Jose still at times decides to break with the policy […]

Rafael August 7, 2022 August 7, 2022
Youth Voices Turns Twenty: Oh, The Places You’ll Go!

What has changed in the two decades since we launched Youth Voices might be described as a digital transformation of tools into platforms. In a recent book, two researchers point to this kind of change as one to welcome in order to grow The Digital Mindset we need to thrive today. “The rapid scaling of computational power means that digital technologies have […]

Paul July 21, 2022 August 5, 2022
my cover photo

Print this page.

Rafael August 3, 2022 August 3, 2022
my profile pictures

i chose my profile picture of che guevara and fidel castro during the end of the cuban revolution because i admire their dedication to the people of the world in creating an independent Cuba no longer a colonial possession of the united states. such dedication i carry with me when working with the people as a reminder to continue the […]

Rafael August 2, 2022 August 2, 2022
Letter to a Colleague

Dear Ms. De Los Santos: Last month, I participated in a professional learning experience with LUTE-STEM at Lehman College. I learned a lot about Multimodal Literacy, Habits of Mind, the Descriptive Review of a Child Protocol, and Culturally Responsive Pedagogy.  There was a lot to think about and consider about how to apply in the classroom, and in this letter, […]

Paul July 30, 2022 August 2, 2022
Lesson Plan proposal: Using the “Thinking Interdependently” HOM to Play Music Better

Dear <Name and Title of your Host Teacher/Co-Teacher/Teacher Friend/Principal/>, This summer, I participated in a professional learning experience with LUTE-STE(A)M at CUNY Lehman College. I learned a lot about frameworks of learning which promote computational thinking, student-driven success, and multimodal literacy. There was a lot to think about and to consider how to apply in the music classroom, and in […]

Jesse July 25, 2022 July 31, 2022
Beauty is in the little things

The restaurant I currently work at is a family place. There are always kids but yesterday I had this little boy who was a twin. He must have had a really exciting day because he would not stop talking about everything and anything. He is 6yrs old and introduced me to his twin sister Sophia, his dad Peter, and his […]

Karyn July 30, 2022 July 30, 2022 children, joy, mindfulness
Description of a child

Kayden is a 7yr old. His dad is caucasian and his mother is Spanish.  He is an only child but lives close to relatives that he sees frequently. Kayden is on the autism spectrum. His parents had him in daycare since he was very young; the caretaker only had about 5 kids at any time. This provided the opportunity to […]

Karyn July 29, 2022 July 30, 2022 Description of a child
From me to me with love

If I am writing something it’s most likely a poem or a letter if I’m feeling emotional. Something short and sweet just to help me express my emotions. It’s almost always never to be seen but just as an outlet for me. I’m far from a poet or a writer but I have written some that make me very happy […]

Karyn July 29, 2022 July 29, 2022
Tangle Words, Untangle Myself

I have always liked to write! When I was a little girl, I would say “I want to be an author.” I jotted down stories from my imagination in many spaces and lucky for me, my mom tucked a few of these away. She saved them between pieces of plastic and preserved them in binders. A few months ago, she […]

Marina July 29, 2022 July 29, 2022
A New Escape

Last summer, 2021, I was going through a difficult time with my relationships and I often had so much going on in my head. The HOM I align with the most is “managing impulsivity,” and at that time I was struggling with it a lot. I couldn’t get the correct ideas and words out that I intended to, so I […]

Bradly July 29, 2022 July 29, 2022
Writing helps me

When I feel very stressed or frustrated about something going on, I usually take my writing notebook and write down my thoughts; what is happening, why is happening, what I can do to solve it. I feel more comfortable and more open to come with faster solutions  to problems when I outline the problem in writing. Print this page.

Alexis July 29, 2022 July 29, 2022
Descriptive Review of a Child, Javonne

Javonne is a 15 years old male, is African American and is at 10th grade. He is a little tall, with light skin. He is very respectful with the teachers in the classroom. He is always late for class, we can say that he comes late because his friends also come late (they come to class together). His situation is […]

Alexis July 29, 2022 July 29, 2022
Description of a Child

Ezra is an outgoing young boy. He’s quick to talk, but clever and well-spoken. He speaks with many different facial expressions and likes to use his hands a lot when he’s getting ideas off of his mind. His feelings can usually be read aloud as his energy is loud and often the most vibrant in the room. He get’s along […]

Bradly July 29, 2022 July 29, 2022
moon question

Print this page.

Patrice Dorcelon July 27, 2022 July 27, 2022
Youth Voices community.

Stephanie M: Impulsivity on Learning and Leading with Habits of Mind, Chapter 2. Describing the Habits of Mind by Arthur L. Costa Hi Nile, Totally agreed! Impulsivity is very hard for students. i work in a High School and students just fight by impulsivity. After the fight is when they really realize that it was not necessary. Stephanie M: Persisting on STUDENTS: […]

Stephanie July 25, 2022 July 25, 2022
Why I Chose a Butterfly for my Profile

I chose this image of a butterfly because butterflies come out during Spring season and Spring is my favorite season. Also butterflies remind me of an activity that I did for my preK students in 2021 in the park. I feel that I have a strong connection with butterflies since the day, because the children were excited of seem them […]

Regina July 9, 2022 July 24, 2022
Raheem

Physical Presence and Gesture Raheem is a 12-year old, (presumably) African-American student from upper Manhattan. As I was his substitute teacher, I knew very little about his family life. I had heard that he lives with his mother and father, the latter whom I believe is not his birth father. Raheem has occasionally mentioned staying with his grandmother. He also […]

Jesse July 24, 2022 July 24, 2022
Descriptive Review of a Child – Amelia

Amelia is nine years old. She is frequently late to arrive in the mornings, sometimes by more than an hour, and typically without explanation. Amelia has three sisters of different ages (11, 7, and 6 years old at the time of this writing), and all of these children typically arrive at school together. Amelia’s clothes and hair are always neat […]

Emily July 24, 2022 July 24, 2022
Letter to Colleagues

Dear <Name and Title of your Host Teacher/Co-Teacher/Teacher Friend/Principal/>: <Recently/This summer/Last month/This weekend/Over the break…>, I participated in a profession learning experience with <Name the sponsoring organization or program: e.g. LUTE-STEM/Noyce-STEM/Scratch in Practice/Facing History/The Danielson Group/The New York City Writing Project/Stem4All…> at <Name the institution the organization or program is associated with: e.g. Lehman College/MIT…>. I learned a lot about <Make […]

Paul July 23, 2022 July 23, 2022
Survival Guide To My Mind

10 Questions About Myself Have I completed my goals? (Goals) Did I go to my dream college? (Stevenson University) Did I make new friends? (New) Do I still have the same friends from high school? (Old, renewed) Do I speak to family still? (Family) Am I working my dream job? (Screenwriting/ animated scriptwriting) Did I air a series/movie? (Future) Am […]

Ketsia July 13, 2022 July 20, 2022
Journal about me

1.I chose this image as my avatar because I really liked this character and the character inspire me to do more. I want people online to see me as a person who likes making friends and supporting. I also feel like a nice, and a supportive person, so I wanted my profile picture to look like a hero and a […]

Cleyber August 5, 2021 July 20, 2022
Confusion is Always Around

10 Questions to Myself 1. What will my career be in the future?(Accountant, financial analyst, Software Developer, Web Developer, Computer Hardware Engineer) 2. Will I be financially sustainable to afford things I need? (poor, rich, 3. What college will I end up going to? First I am applying to atleast 10 colleges just to make sure I have many options […]

Ingrid July 13, 2022 July 20, 2022
question!!

why do people like chicken what would the world be like in the 30 years what happens when people die why is dr pepper so good who is the oldest person that ever lived how tall do people get who is the dumbest person alive what are succesful peoples mindset why do alligator taste like chicken why is soccer the […]

Patrice Dorcelon July 13, 2022 July 20, 2022
Nobody

Will cats still try to eat the Mouse in the future? Oh well I think that Print this page.

Cristobal Chavez July 20, 2022 July 20, 2022
what will I achieve future?

What i hope to achieve in the future is past high school, own a house, go to college. Print this page.

Lam Tran July 20, 2022 July 20, 2022
10 questions for me and the world

About me: what will I do after collage? Will I have my own house or I rent one? where do I stay at in the future? what will I achieve future? what do I look like in the future? how many friends do I have in 10 years? how many people I know that going to die? how old am […]

Lam Tran July 13, 2022 July 20, 2022
poc struggles

slavery, voting rights ,3/5 ,riots ,freedom ,micro aggression ,seperation ,police brutality ,stereotypes ,cultural appopration ,racism , job discrimination, code switching, Jim crow, underfunding poc dominated facilites, black bases hairstyles being deemed unprofessional, Print this page.

Kamira July 20, 2022 July 20, 2022
Questions ?

1o world question? why do we pay for electricity? why do we pay for water? why do we need a license to be able to drive? why do we need to graduate high school to get a job? why do we need to go to college? why do we need food to live? why can’t we breathe without oxygen? why […]

Stefania July 20, 2022 July 20, 2022
Mr. Nobody

What will I become in 10 years. who will be in my life in 10 years. where will I be in 15 years. what will I archive in the future. How far will I get in the future. how old will I be when I die? who will I hate in the future? Who will I love in the future? […]

Cristobal Chavez July 13, 2022 July 20, 2022
10 questions for me and the world

For me 1. how am i able to make bigger and better goals for myself (goals, improve, innovate,  inspire, questionable) 2. how can i be able to make new friends easier (friends, questions, concerns,  improve, social skills) 3. what are better ways to go about learning how to make recruitment letters for colleges (colleges, learning, improve, sports, recruit) volleyball, soccer, […]

Jordyn July 13, 2022 July 20, 2022
Where do i want to be most?

Because its definitely not Delaware, i mean this place doesn’t really have anything special compared to most places in the world. My mom always wanted to go to Ireland so maybe there? But that’s her wish not mine. also where i want to be most could be where i want to be in life, probably with my family having enough […]

Benjamin July 20, 2022 July 20, 2022
Jaylynn second try

self why am i so short should  i cut my hair short like dora again     world what can we do to help us get out of the red zone for indager for carbon dioxcide unreachable levels ( danger, redzone, society, out of hand , helping) why has socitey become the way it has letting thw world go to […]

Jaylynn July 13, 2022 July 20, 2022
Yaritza’s Questions

Self question -What goal can I plan to accomplish this year? -what worries me about the future? Print this page.

Yaritza July 13, 2022 July 20, 2022
Has Everything Already Been Predetermined

This topic is intriguing as it is about fate. Not to be confused with faith as those are completely different. But fate in short is that everything that will or has happened has been set in stone, so in this writing I’ll be discussing my opinion on whether I believe if everything has already been predetermined. In my opinion fate […]

Caleb July 20, 2022 July 20, 2022
Future me

My thoughts thinking Life opinions goals   Print this page.

Genny July 20, 2022 July 20, 2022
Questions

Self What are my goals? What do I appreciate the most? What are some of the issues in our area? How would I be different if I lived just one town over? Have I accomplished any goals yet? What impact do my friends and family have on me? What do I dislike the most?   World How will the world […]

Brianna July 13, 2022 July 20, 2022
Deja

deja vui. The feelign of having done siowmthing before but you dont knoe=w ehrn or where. Does deja mean we dont have free will, becaus eeverythign is predetermiend and aleready been dpne. ts jsut a finiete piece fo the mupltiverese with everythign everywhere happending all at once. VErything is cyclical ina way wityh the same things ahpepnd at a time. […]

Robyn July 20, 2022 July 20, 2022
Question

What causes people to connect with each other? People connect with each other when they have similar interests. They connect over their beliefs and hobbies. When people share the same interests they have something to talk about with each other. Sometimes when people have different interests they don’t connect with each other as well. However, sometimes they could be complete […]

Brianna July 20, 2022 July 20, 2022
Description of a Child

Stacy Sophie  Background: Stacy is a Spanish descendent, sweet and sometimes energetic six years old girl, who passed to second grade. Stacy is the older child of three. Shelsy, a four-year-old, and Noah, who is the house newborn, are her siblings. Stacy has been raised by a single mother. However, her mother moves in with her third boyfriend, who is […]

Marlen July 19, 2022 July 19, 2022
Edwin

Edwin is a child in my kindergarten class who comes into class each morning and picks a chapter book from the book crate. He is quiet and well-behaved and seems to be on task.  When I conduct a reading assessment, I realize that, while he knows his letters and sounds, he has very limited word recognition.  He does not seem […]

Niki Fayne July 18, 2022 July 18, 2022
Questions ’bout me and the World…

World Questions What would the world be without music What would happen if our rights were taken away What would happen if everyone were treated equally Why do people judge what they think is not right Why are people critical to things that don’t concern them   Questions about Myself Why do I love music so much […]

Alejandra July 13, 2022 July 13, 2022
questions about myself and world

questions for myself: 1.) where would I be in 50 years? 2.) what would I do after college? 3.) what courses would I be taking in college? 4.) what would I be without music? 5.) what would I live without Pakistani food? 6.) what should I do to be an extrovert? 7.) why do I have anger issues? 8.) why […]

Jenny July 13, 2022 July 13, 2022
Questions

Self What would happen if I changed with people? (society, different, distinct) What would happen to me if I stopped being a Christian? Do I actually love animals? Where would I live if I had to move states? What does the future have for me? Am I actually smart or not?   World What would society look like if they […]

Axel July 13, 2022 July 13, 2022
questions about the world

questions about the world why is the ocean so big what is the stupedest question ever asked why do people cry salt water why do we talk what does our brain do while we are asleep why is pizza so good what did we do before we had games what is the worst food on earth How was bread made […]

Eden Weaver July 13, 2022 July 13, 2022
Questions about self /world

Questions about self What do I like about myself? Why do I like cereal then stop liking it out the blue? What’s the dumbest thing I said? What’s the smartest thing I said? Why do I like bracelets? How would my life be changed without my phone? Why do I prefer chick fil a as my favorite […]

Taisha July 13, 2022 July 13, 2022
10 Questions

How can I get better at math?( academics, work, study, school) Why is my hair wavy compared to my sisters?(genetics, features, family) What university or college should I go to when I graduate?( education, academics, student) Why am I more daring compared to my sisters?( adventurous, family, personality) When will I travel to Guatemala?(travel, explore, adventure, family) Should I get […]

Diana July 13, 2022 July 13, 2022
Genny’s questions

Questions about my self Where would I be living if my childhood had been different? what are my goals to follow? What do I hope for my future? Questions about the world Print this page.

Genny July 13, 2022 July 13, 2022
10 self 10 world

What  has the existentce of god done on world culture? Will the universe evey stop extending Does the multiverse exists? If fate exist, do we have free will. Can you justify death outside of natural means? Is knowledge inherantly valuable? When do people stop being assumed inncoent based on age? Is happiness and right or privelege? Does humanity have one […]

Robyn July 13, 2022 July 13, 2022
Paul’s 10 Self / 10 World

Print this page.

Paul July 13, 2022 July 13, 2022
Journal #1 profile picture and cover photo

I choose this image as my avatar because it shows one of the things I love to do and that is playing drums. I want people online to see me doing something I love and cherish. I feel that the picture gives people a glimpse of what goes through my mind when I play the drums. I chose this image […]

Branden July 12, 2022 July 12, 2022
Questions about self and world

Question about self :  How should I strive in English? (planning, goals, speaking, learning, improving) Should I go with my mom to my native country or stay? (choices, ease, familiar, planning, goals) Should I change schools so that all of my instruction is in English or stay where I am? (planning, goals, speaking, learning, improving) What will happen if I […]

Justin July 12, 2022 July 12, 2022
Tyla’s 10 Self / 10 World Questions

Tyla 10 Questions About Myself   Will I live long enough to retire? (retire, life, accomplishments, stability, pension) Will I reach all of my goals? (goals, career, mentality, determination, mental health) How many children will I have? (family, child birth, abortions, science, fertility) Will I have changed or positively impacted someone else’s life? ( persuade,  Am I persuasive enough to […]

Tyla July 12, 2022 July 12, 2022
Mame’s 10 self-world questions

Self Who am I going to become in ten years? (career, children, marriage, college, likes, dislikes) What are going to be my priorities after college? (husband, child, parents, job, selfcare) What would my life become if I stayed in my home country? (friends, family, job, studies, college, house) Where do I feel more at home? (childhood, family, friends, regrets, memories, […]

Mame July 12, 2022 July 12, 2022
Testing

This is one way to combine text and audio. View on Vocaroo >> Print this page.

Paul July 11, 2022 July 11, 2022
Testing Vocoroo

https://voca.ro/188ILkCMpKNx Print this page.

Paul July 11, 2022 July 11, 2022
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar from random. The image came up from google and I didn’t mind. I think the random selection was good. I selected my cover photo also by random. I am pleased with the selection because I think it is aesthetically pleasing.   Print this page.

Richard July 9, 2022 July 9, 2022
My Profile Pictures

Hello and good afternoon. My profile picture is of a dinosaur playing drums. I chose this because I play drums and I was feeling a bit dinosaur-y today. I really like the word “dinosaur-y” because it expresses to the exact degree of specificity and generality what I would like to share about my state of mind at the moment! Generally, […]

Jesse July 9, 2022 July 9, 2022 journal
My Profile Pictures

I chose this picture as my avatar because it was the first picture I took after my finals was over and I received my grades back. It was the first time in 4 months I felt stress free. I want people online to see the other side of me the one who is not with her face against her books […]

Diana July 9, 2022 July 9, 2022 journal
My Profile Pictures

I chose my own headshot to be my avatar because it is a bright and smiling photo of me (those are rare for me), and I want people online to see me as an approachable and joyful person. I also feel like since this profile is about me I wanted the photo to actually be me. I couldn’t think of […]

Nymarie July 9, 2022 July 9, 2022 journal
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because its a great memory and I think the scenery behind me exhibits one of my favorite past times, and I want people online to see me as happy and a nature lover.  I also feel that this picture is a clear image of who I am so people would know who is […]

Elizabeth July 9, 2022 July 9, 2022 journal
My profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because the passage is gorgeous and gives me peace and light, and I want people online to see me as… I also feel that/like  as a peaceful person so I wanted my profile picture to look as a symbol of light.   Print this page.

Stephanie July 9, 2022 July 9, 2022
My Profile Pictures

I chose the image of the tiger as my profile image, after initially selecting a headshot of myself. I chose the tiger because big cats are some of my favorite animals. I like how powerful and beautiful tigers are. I figured I would enjoy looking at a picture of a tiger every day more than I would like looking at […]

Emily July 9, 2022 July 9, 2022 journal
My profile pictures

I choose this profile picture because is the logo of a science project that I started  in summer of 2021, it is a youtube channel where  I upload videos  that I create talking and acting about current science topics. This is something that I decided to do in the summer to practice my capabilities explaining topics in a science context. […]

Alexis July 8, 2022 July 8, 2022
My Profile Pictures

I chose my profile picture because it was a great hair day and a big smile. The day I took this photo I was at my very first outside play that was a Queen/Shakespeare combination. It was odd and fun. I chose my cover photo because it was a beautiful sunset on the beach while my partner was fishing. We […]

Karyn July 8, 2022 July 8, 2022 journal
My Profile Pics

This is a picture of the Coney Island Beach that I took this past Monday July 4th. I chose this picture because it was a very fun and laughable day that I enjoyed with some of my best friends who I hadn’t seen in a while. Outside of my friend group, it shows all the rest of the people on […]

Bradly July 8, 2022 July 8, 2022
Character Archetypes

<Protagonist’s Name> is a dynamic character. <His/Her/Their> archetype changes over the course of the <story/book/play>. At the beginning of the <book/play>, <she/he/they> <is/are> the archetypal <pick from this list>. This can be seen on page <#>, where the author writes: <Copy a sentence, paragraph, or chunk of text from your book or play.> But by page <#>, <Name of Protagonist> has begun to transform into the archetypal <pick […]

Paul June 20, 2022 June 20, 2022
Tracking Point-of-View

<Begin with a freewrite about your book. Write non-stop about your book. What have you been thinking about your book since you read last?> The <first… second… third… final… chapters/pages/sections> of <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective> because <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on page <___>.  “<Copy a couple of lines […]

Paul June 19, 2022 June 19, 2022
Facts, Emotions, Images

Get a PDF Facts Emotions Images Print this page.

Paul June 3, 2022 June 16, 2022
Max’s Copy of World Connections

This is the book of born a crime And in this book there are many things about Trevor Noah’s life when he was a child and it is very interesting because many situations are almost the same as the one I lived in the Dominican Republic. The first section of Born A Crime by Trevor Noah might leave a reader […]

Paul May 24, 2022 June 14, 2022
Mohammed’s Copy of Plot Analysis

Recently, I read   Born a Crime , by Trevor Noah. I was sad.  I felt sad because of the way his stepdad treated his mother and him. The protagonist is Trevor Noah. . His  story is set in South Africa in the 1980s and 1990s, specifically in Soweto and Johannesburg. The significance of the South African setting is that he […]

Paul June 6, 2022 June 13, 2022
True Strength

I’m a guy with a rock who’s been around the block   But even I snap when other dudes say black girls and women are wack   Don’t they know what you go through or are they acting like they know everything about you   They say things like women are weak they should stay in the kitchen so i’ll […]

Wilson June 3, 2022 June 3, 2022
Mamadou’s Copy of World Connections

what i think about this book is how its telling us about how racism was and how hard people had it back then and how harder people of color had it also how trevor noah’s childhood was and what he had to go through as a person of color  The first section of <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong […]

Paul June 1, 2022 June 2, 2022
Angel’s Copy of World Connections

<Begin with a freewrite about your book. Write non-stop about your book. What have you been thinking about your book since you read last?> The <first… second… third… final… chapters/pages/sections/paragraphs> of <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective showing emotion> because <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on page <___>.  “<Copy a couple […]

Paul May 31, 2022 June 1, 2022
Public

The secrets to long life is be to yourself and have good people that is willing to see you achieve your goals . Print this page.

Jessenia June 1, 2022 June 1, 2022
Long life secrets

I think the secret to a long life is to just live like happy and try your best not to stress yourself out as much as kids do now a days. Personally i dont think our society does enough for out older people, other then retirement checks that they get i dont feel like they get enough of what they […]

Angel June 1, 2022 June 1, 2022
secrets to a long life

the secret of long life is exercising. people who exercise live longer on average than those who do not.our society does not do enough for older citizens.   Most older citizens are homeless and they deserve better. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE June 1, 2022 June 1, 2022
life

I think the secret to a long life is keeping staying healthy, physically and mentally. that can effect a persons life span Print this page.

Wesam June 1, 2022 June 1, 2022
What do you think are the secrets to a long life

eating healthy excercising and being happy and being active Print this page.

Mamadou June 1, 2022 June 1, 2022
Competition that I could win

I guess a VideoGames competition because I’m good at them, I can play either Airplanes fight, or shooting combat on the ground games, I good on both of them so I think that I could win in a competition of that kind. Print this page.

Maxwel May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
Competition

yes the competition l can win is me write about a football game. My skill and talents is me playing basket l don’t have a small talents . The competition exiting now is a 18 years old boy shooting a school. Print this page.

Seedorf May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
which competition do you think you could win?

competition i think i would win is a roblox game called project xl im a high lvl there and i dont think anybody could beat me in it unless their a admin but players no im the best it has around 80K players Print this page.

Mamadou May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
competition

the competition i can win is 100 meters. i have pace, long legs and a speedster.   the competition is track and field. the competition is currently available. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
Competition

A competition i think i can win is loudest music system. I am into the loud music in cars an i feel like my system is pretty good for my own will. A place i can go to show off my “ability” is in something we call a “teteo” its where people who are into the same thing (loud music) […]

Angel May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
Competition

The competition that I love the most is Spelling Bee. Since I was 11, I have loved this type of competition. The best part is that I’m good doing it in English, Spanish and Portuguese. Print this page.

Carolina May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
competition

I would say something that has to do with like finding out something for example some type of detective competition Print this page.

Wesam May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
Speech on social media.

I feel like we can have a little freedom on social media, even the chance to speak of what I want but never say a bad thing from a person to another because that is bullying and shouldn’t be allowed. Print this page.

Maxwel May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
public

I’m guessing where not in a freedom of speech why because whatever or whoever wants to post something on social needs to approved or need to be checked out or be careful what you are about to post on social media or else people come after you right away from something free to the world Print this page.

Jessenia May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
Free speech on social media

Certain stuff should be moderated on social media, but personally i think that everyone should be about to speak their mind when it comes to posting stuff on social media as long as it doesnt give out any type of cyber bullying. Social media is a place where everyone talks about what they are going through or just funny memes […]

Angel May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
Speech social

Yes l do but not any false news or something they should always tells us want going on around us because it no everyone that watch the news because some people have work so they will not get time to watch news  so social media is good but the problem l have is some people lie they don’t tell us […]

Seedorf May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
free speech on social media

People should not have the right  to say anything because someone can say something to a cop that seems threatening and get away with it, only if a person can say anything they want, so I don’t think people have the right to say anything in mind Print this page.

Wesam May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
Speech on Social Media

I think speeches that show hate towards someone or a group, shouldn’t be allowed on social media. Everyone should be free to post whatever they want  but society has to be mindful when is about hate and violence Print this page.

Carolina May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
how much should speech be moderated on social media

i believe not because if speech isnt moderated theres people who says rude disgusting things online and show things like the buffalo shooting the guy who shot people and streamed it on twitch Print this page.

Mamadou May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
Great Storytelling by Trevor Noah

Recently, I read  Born A Crime, by Trevor Noah.  I appreciated how it made me as a reader so invested in the book. This storytelling was really great, and listening to the audio of Trevor himself reading the book made it better because of the fact that he experienced it and wrote a book about it. It makes you feel […]

Wesam May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022
Park Play

Yes l do because it really fun with you family outside and enjoy the weather so l do play with my family at the park every summer Print this page.

Seedorf May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022
what role do parks play in your life? do you often spend time with family or friends in parks? do you have a favorite one in your neighborhood

parks play a big role in my life because i always be in parks playing basketball and as a little kid i was always outside playing in parks and my favorite one in my neighborhood is claremont park and i spend time with friends in the parks i go to playing ball Print this page.

Mamadou May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022
parks play

parks do not play any role in my life. because i like to go to the gym instead of parks.i sometimes take my kid sis to the mad. i get mad when she asks me to take her. because she knows that i don’t like to go there.  i don’t have any favorite parks. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022
Parks

Parks don’t really play a role in my life anymore because i have kind of out grew that, back when i was younger i use to love being in parks everyday i do spend time sometimes with friends at the park for a little bit, and i dont really have a favorite park to be honest i use to like […]

Angel May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022
Substitute Teachers

I always spend my time at the park with friends because when me and my family go out we go to other places and not a park. Print this page.

Wesam May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022
Favorite local bussiness 5/24

My favorite local  business is Crepes , whenever im sad i just like going there to get something sweet to better my day . They sell waffle sticks which is my go to , with any chocolate or topping you want on top. Love it in the summer with some ice cream and also im starting to love the actual […]

Cristy May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
whats your favorite local buisness? whats great about it? how does it compare with chain stores that have locations in many place?

my favorite local business is the deli store around the corner store from me whats great about it is the way they cook their sandwiches and the way that it compare with chain stores that have locations in many place is the way their cooking is and the people there Print this page.

Mamadou May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
local store

my favorite local business is a deli store on Burnside Ave. One thing that makes that store great is that they have  the soft drinks that I like. their burgers taste like sugar. i like sugar. i don’t buy from other stores so i cannot compare. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
Public

A restaurant that i like is one in lower Manhattan its a mexican club where its very known for the cray shots and food and HOOKAHHHHH hehe . Print this page.

Jessenia May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
Favorite Local Businesses

To me it is the restaurant called “La Casa Del Mofongo”  it’s located in 207th Street, Inwood, Manhattan. It’s a restaurant with a lot of Dominican food, and from some other countries too. It is fire 5 stars. ***** Print this page.

Maxwel May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
Favorite local business

My favorite local business that i can think of from the top of my head is the chinese spot on 181, What i like about this spot is the wings that they make reaches my taste i just like the way they cook mainly the wings though. I cant really compare one fast food spot to another because every spot […]

Angel May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
local business

the deli next to where i live, usually when I’m hungry and I want something I would order food from the deli close to me. Print this page.

Wesam May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
Plot Analysis

Recently, I read  <Title of Book or Play>, by <Name of Author>.  I <relished/detested/appreciated… think of an adjective that fits your feelings> this <book/play>. <Say why you feel this way in two or three sentences.>. The protagonist is <Protagonist’s Name>. <His/Her/Their> story is set in <tell the historical time period and geographic region>, specifically <list the precise local locations>. The significance of the <geographical location> setting is that <tell why it matters that the story happens […]

Paul May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
Jesseniaś Copy of World Connections

The <first… second… third… final… chapters/pages/sections/paragraphs> of <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective showing emotion> because <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on page <___>.  “<Copy a couple of lines or a paragraph from the book.>” This is <adjective> because… <Explain why in 1 or 2 more sentences.> So far, the <plot / characters / […]

Paul May 16, 2022 May 23, 2022
Public

A book that i will write about is my life why because there is a lot of things to be said no matter how messed my book comes and including my spelling . Print this page.

Jessenia May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
Book

If I have the possibility of writing a book, I’d do a self-biography because my life it is from a story book, the things that happened to me in the past are awesome in a whole lots of ways and could make a lot of money with it. Print this page.

Maxwel May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
Book

If i were to write a book i would write one about music systems in cars. Me personally ive always loved loud music, im very good at connecting everything together and the wiring that goes with it. Everybody that has been around me i have mad them fall in love with loud music and hard hitting bass. And also i […]

Angel May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
what would you write a book about.

if i get the chance to write a  book, i will write about the adventure of making money. the reason why i will write about this is that i love money. i always love to learn how to make money. i always read the biography of some billionaires around the world. to me money is every thing. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
Character Traits and Relationships

<Name of Main Character>, the protagonist in <Title of Book, Play, or Story>, has a few traits that influence <her/his/their> relationships with others. One, <she/he/they> <is/are> <choose one trait from list>. Two, <she/he/they> <is/are> <choose another trait from list>.  Three, <she/he/they> is <choose a third trait from list>. These traits influence <her/his/their> relationships with others. We can see it in this passage from the <book/play/story>: “<Insert quotation marks and copy a […]

Paul May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
what would you write a book about

i would write a book about sports or anime Print this page.

Mamadou May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
your book

I would write a fiction story about technology, I really like sci-fi movies I always search for that genre, and its just fun how the human race have advanced so far in life and robots slowly try to take over a humans mind Print this page.

Wesam May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
Writing a book

I would write a book about my life because I have been through a lot of situations and i was able to overcome them. I would use my life story to inspire people to keep moving and to not hear negative stuff from other people that try to stop you. Print this page.

Carolina May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
Public

Lets say my good sense of direction is okay why because depending on how people ask me for direction now if they are rude theres no answer from  me which means i will say i dont know . Print this page.

Jessenia May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
Sense Of Directions

I have a very good sense of direction but sometimes I need my phone, like when I have to go to some specific place. Print this page.

Maxwel May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
Trevor is restless, eager, and wrong!

Trevor Noah, the protagonist in Born A Crime, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others. One, he is restless. Two, he is eager.  Three, he is wrong These traits influence his relationships with others. We can see it in this passage from the book: “Tonight we’re having chicken livers.”“No, I’m gonna have McDonald’s.”“Tonight we’re having dog bones.” “I think I’m gonna go with McDonald’s again.”“Tonight we’re having chicken feet.” Restlessness comes into […]

Wesam May 17, 2022 May 19, 2022
Directions

I use my phone for directions. Print this page.

Carolina May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
Driection

For me l don’t have to use my map everyday if l go to this place today and you tell me l should go they tomorrow l will be able to go because when ever l am driving l watch the road and l make sure l don’t make mistakes the next time. Print this page.

Seedorf May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
how good is your sense of direction? do you use your own internal compass to get from place to place? Or do you depend on a smartphone map

i depend on a smartphone map because its more accurate and easier plus efficicient to use Print this page.

Mamadou May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
sense of direction

usually when I go to a place i have never been there I always use google maps on my phone to get from point A to point B, it is much easier than looking at the maps that are on the bus stop polls because it tells you what to take and where to walk Print this page.

Wesam May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
Could victims stories help to return power to the people in Buffalo?

Last night on TTT, Christina Cantrill, Joel Malley, and I started to talk about how each of us avoids a lot of the media  about the shooter and the tragedy that happened in Buffalo this weekend. And I wondered if youth protect themselves the same way, and how they might resist or resent our attempts to make space for conversations […]

Paul May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
Public

The existential threat of the climate crisis taken a toll on my mental health well is 50/50 it affects me because theres animal out theere that need the ice like polar bears they have no cold or food to feed themselfs Print this page.

Jessenia May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
climate change

i am stressed about climate change. if i hear what some world leaders say about climate change. Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro has dismantled several government divisions dedicated to climate change. statement like this put our climate in danger because he is the leader in control of the amazon rain forest.The Amazon rain forest plays an important part in regulating the world’s […]

MohammedPULSE May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
Climate Change

I think that if we don’t stop damaging our environment we will  have catastrophes all around the world like Climate changes and environmental disasters. Print this page.

Maxwel May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
Optimistic

i feel like we should be more optimistic about efforts to climate change. it has not taken a toll of my life but i know it has for others. i have a more hopeful view of earths future. Print this page.

Angel May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
Climate Change

l am stress about it because they are alot of things going around now and it really stress like now new things l have not see before l will not tell everything because that the only thing l known now Print this page.

Seedorf May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
Should we be more optimistic about efforts to combat climate change? has the existential threat of the climate crisis taken a toll on your mental health? Or do you have a more hopeful view of the earth’s future?

yes we should be more optimistic about our efforts to combat climate change because its just getting worse and were destroying it ourselves and pretty soon we wont have enough rescources for everyone since were overpopulating Print this page.

Mamadou May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
climate change

it is not taking a role on my mental health because it does not seem like we are doing anything about so it will happen anyways, it is like knowing the outcome of a sport game yet being nervous about it, at this rate it will happen if we don’t do anything about it, so enjoy your life while you […]

Wesam May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
Profile Image

I chose the image of myself sharing a story with a younger student because my love to share discoveries with others. The image of the tree I chose, I loved the movie What Dreams May Come, with Robin Williams, and this reminded me of this as well as we are not an island alone in today’s world. Print this page.

Harry Brake May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my profile pic because I like unedited and candid photos. It reflects what I’d look like if we were working together in an online environment. It’s casual and makes me seem approachable. I chose the waterfall as my image for my cover photo because I love nature. I love the changing of the seasons and […]

Brandy Yates May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
Upward Bound at Delaware Tech 05.17.2020 Workshop 2

One thing you did today that makes you feel good about yourself as an educator Questions, concerns, stress-points with integrating Youth Voices, NowComment, and Kumospace this summer Becoming students for 30 minutes. Let’s walk through the three activity rooms of Profile Set-up Why?  The set of activities in the Profile Set-up (which could be done in the first three days) […]

Paul May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
Mohammed’s Copy of World Connections

The book was awesome. i learn a lot from it. even though i am African but never knew some culture south Africans. how most South Africans go to church every day.  their religious beliefs are strong like other African countries.    The first sections of Born a Crime by Trevor Noah might leave a reader feeling interested  because  south Africa […]

Paul May 9, 2022 May 17, 2022
Seed’s Copy of World Connections

The book is very nice and why l like the book is it helps us known what good and bad to do in life and how some parents really care about they are children The first section of Born of a crime  by Trevor Noah might leave a reader feeling afraid because the way person where talking about him and […]

Paul May 10, 2022 May 17, 2022
Violence in America

Violence in America is a concern that is affecting many citizens. Gun laws are very loose in some states which make it easy for people with the intention of harming someone else. I think that these laws should be enforce in all the states so then the violence could decrease. Print this page.

Carolina May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
Violence

The violence in america is crazy why  because no matter where you go theirs people dying or going threw a shooting in school or outside of school for example the bomb in the train in Brooklyn  in the N train that´s an example in how no matter where you go people get hurt and yes im concerned about everything . […]

Jessenia May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
concerned about violence in america.

i am concerned about violence in america.i think that laws to control guns are not aggressive. this has made it easy for everyone to buy gun even if the person is not mentally sound. moreover illegal sales of guns are rampant in every community. all this has led to an increase of gun violence. i think that one best way […]

MohammedPULSE May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
Are you concerned about violence in America? what do you think is contributing to what experts say is a sharp increase in shootings and other assaults? what do you think could be done?

yes im concerned about  violence in america because the bombs in the trains like in brooklyn and mass shootings what i think could be done is make guns illegal Print this page.

Mamadou May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
violence in america

I think violence is a serious problem in america, if there is anything we can do then it would be to restrict guns and not let anyone have access to them Print this page.

Wesam May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
Community

The community on my neighborhood it’s basically made of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans, but the are  mixed with LGBTQ people and some others. Print this page.

Maxwel May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
Diverse

I will say that its 50/50 why because it all depends with who you are meaning depending who is in your circle , not alot of people that you say its your friend are your actually friend why because depending what you have they either talk to you nice or down talk where they judge for what you have right […]

Jessenia May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
Diverse

In school l see a lot of friends  speaking different langues and it very nice and they walk in groups too Print this page.

Seedorf May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
how diverse is your community? do you see people from different walks of life interacting with each other or does your town or city feel divided

i see people in my community talking to each other in school but outside its divided unless their related or knew each other from school and work Print this page.

Mamadou May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
Diversity in my community.

my community has different kinds of people from different background. we have people from different countries. i see people from different walks of life. being in school, at the mosque and work place. my town is not divided. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
Community

My community is not very diverse, my neighborhood is filled with hispanics so there are times they interact with each other but for the most part a lot of people just mind their business and go by their day, i do feel like we are all divided. Print this page.

Angel May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
Community

My community is very diverse, I see many people from different countries and cultures talking to each other without any problem or judgement. Print this page.

Carolina May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
diversity

where I leave is pretty diverse because there is many people that are from different races and backgrounds, yet everyone is equal and that is how it should be Print this page.

Wesam May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
Art

“The broken column” by Frida Kahlo is the most memorable art that I have ever seen. The painting shows the suffering that Frida had to deal with. Print this page.

Carolina May 9, 2022 May 9, 2022
what are the most memorable works of visual art ever

i saw the frida kahalo painting and it was amazing because of how realistic it looked and the angle and how she was drawn Print this page.

Mamadou May 9, 2022 May 9, 2022
Memorable

The best art l have even see is a old man sitting with his grandchildren.l saw this art in class it was a project work and a friend did that work l really love it     Print this page.

Seedorf May 9, 2022 May 9, 2022
visual art

the best art i have seen is how people use spray paint and use a couple of colors to make amazing looking things like mountains, rivers etc Print this page.

Wesam May 9, 2022 May 9, 2022
forgiveness

i feel that everyone deserves forgiveness. because we all make mistakes. i solve problems by trying to forget  the issues. move away from the problem. i have never refused not to forgive someone. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
Forgiveness

Honestly speaking i dont know if i can forgive or maybe i can forgive but not forget . Im that type of person to not forgive why because once you do they keep do it again and again until you explode and teach them a lesson . Print this page.

Jessenia May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
how do you feel about forgiveness? is it an effective way to solve or move past problems? have you ever refused to forgive someone

i feel like forgiveness isnt an effective way to solve or most a problem for me they have to feel remorse for what they did in certain situtations like cheating but like school situations an apology is good enough Print this page.

Mamadou May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
Forgiveness

Forgiveness is when you for give someone for what he did wrong that how l understand forgiveness, No it not a effective way to solve or more your past problem l think when it pasts you have to keep it in the past you don’t have to talk about it anymore.   Print this page.

Seedorf May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
How do you feel about forgiveness?

I feel like it is something that we have to learn and practice, and put it on practice. Some people hurt us, sometimes unintentionally  and we know it, but we don’t think clearly about that and we just stay mad with that person instead of forgiving them. So, from my POV I think that we have to apply that more […]

Maxwel May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
Forgiveness

I feel like you can forgive certain people but not everybody, Depending on the problem forgiving somebody can solve something for sure, I have refused to forgive somebody before because like i said you cant always forgive somebody because you never know if they will do it again. Print this page.

Angel May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
forgiveness

forgiveness is something where some people are good at it and some people can’t do it, I think it depends on the situation, like if it isn’t a really huge problem then forgiveness can’t do, I don’t think i have ever refused to forgive someone Print this page.

Wesam May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
Questioning and Speculating

<Begin with a freewrite about your book or play. Write non-stop about your book or play. What have you been thinking about your book or play since you read last?> The <first… second… third… final… chapters/pages/sections/paragraphs> of <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective> because <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on […]

Paul May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
Black Woman Are Power

When we talk about the power of women, Let’s add ful to it, Woman have been through thick and thin, Just to regain their birth right.   Still have they never let up or let go, Being a woman is hard even in the 20th century, But the women in 1848, They are the definition of power, powerful.   Black […]

Ahmir May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
Something Special

When l do something in school and teacher tell me l did well l will be so happy and can even go out to the mall or somewhere l can enjoy myself .What l do to lift my spirit is sing to sing gospel songs and go to church sometime l go to  the park to watch soccer do a […]

Seedorf May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
How often do you treat yourself to something special? what do you do to lift your own spirits or show yourself some love? 5/4/2022

not often like i go to eat out sometimes and what i do to lift my own spirits is play basketball and any sport Print this page.

Mamadou May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
Something Special

I try my best to treat myself with something special as much as i can because growing up i didnt really have the option to get what i wanted the reason being because i never really was the person to ask for stuff i wanted to get on my own. What i do to life my spirits or show myself […]

Angel May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
Treat yourself 5/4

Sometimes i feel down and try to find ways to make myself feel better by taking trips or going out to eat something i like . I dont usually just treat myself because lately its been a lot going on but actually i been traveling which in my opinion is the best way of living life. When i go on […]

Cristy May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
Self treatment

I show myself love when i get something that I have been wanting or craving. Sometimes I go out and have fun or go to a party after a long week of work/school. Print this page.

Carolina May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
Public

I treat myself every now and then like i love spoiling myself with my good clothing and shoes . Of course you can never go wrong with your good sneakers and food Print this page.

Jessenia May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
Treating yourself

If there is one thing I do to treat myself then it would be food, and something I do to lift my spirit is workout to clear my mind off things Print this page.

Wesam May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
World Connections

Paul May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
The unspoken women.

“Yall suffered from the things everyone have to go through ” like we just projected like a mic “what makes you different “ we shout loud like a lion we become who we are for our future self. black women stands together. we don’t take NO as an answer “WHAT IS THAT!” we are larders “ONE,TWO,ONE,TWO” we are trendsetters ”girl […]

Samyah May 2, 2022 May 3, 2022
How important is Mindfulness to daily life?

To deal with some difficulties that come my way in life.   Print this page.

Maxwel May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
Public

Honest i really i thank god for another day in the mornings why because you never know what can happen or not even that you cant expect a bad news for example yesterday i had some of my friends and family member posting a guy and that guy turn to be a guy that was trying to talk to me […]

Jessenia May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
Cool stuff 4/28

Usually in facebook i always see fascinating information . I always see news about goverment secrets , the space or historical events that prove the hidden mysteries. I like to see things like those and keep them in mind, if i believe it i do a little more research on it , if i dont believe ? it was good […]

Cristy May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
Mindfulness

Sometime when l get mad l go sit at the park and watch soccer so l will feel calm because when l don’t leave l can do something stupid. When we talk about meditation l wake up early and start praying with my family because we are strong christian and we also believe in God sometimes l can do to […]

Seedorf May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
Mindfulness 5/3/2022

I believe my life is the way it is now because i dont meditate enough sometimes i let the over thinking get over my head which sometimes leads to too much stress and wrong thoughts . I believe i need to be more positive in other things to progress with good energy and not just pretend but actually find consistence […]

Cristy May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
Mindfulness

When I’m having a rough time, I tend to ask God for patience and clarity to deal with situations. Print this page.

Carolina May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
Mindfulness

I think mindfulness is almost as important as anything because having peace in your mind is just so important. Personally i dont meditate because i have a lot of stuff going on in my life it does be a little hard to do so. What i do too feel calm is listen too music, i feel like music and driving […]

Angel May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
How Important is mindfulness to your daily life? Do you practice meditation every day? What else do you do to feel calm and grounded?

no i do not i just try to control myself and to feel calm and grounded i play sports or hop on my ps5 Print this page.

Mamadou May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
mindfulness

mindfulness is important to my daily life because it helps me get through my days without having as much conflict as possible. I don’t meditate but I like to sit alone to collect myself and come up with an idea on how to solve what I am going through Print this page.

Wesam May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
A Better World

Let’s have a world that doesn’t judge us On our race or color. Let’s have a better world where equality is for everyone and no one should be left out of the rest of society based on the way they look or their ancestors’ history.  Let’s have a better world where we can create long-desired fantasies of a happier world, […]

Jaylen May 2, 2022 May 2, 2022
Comparing the Zulu and Xhosa Conflict in “Born a Crime” to the Russia’s War against Ukrainians

This book talks about a kid who was Born A Crime, he was born a crime because a black man is not allowed to have sexual interactions with another European women and vice versa with a black women and a European man. This book speaks about how the kid grew up through everyday struggle like going to three different church’s […]

Wesam April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
Public

I go find cool , strange or fascinating information on the internet google and research books . Print this page.

Jessenia April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
Information Maxwel

I go to a website called SpaceX which is basically the official website of the space rocket company called SpaceX [Because I like that kind of thing, rocket launches and satellite delivery missions like Starlink that put them in orbit around the earth.] and it’s very interesting ( At least for me). Print this page.

Maxwel April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
Where do you go to find cool,strange or fascinating information on the internet?

i go on google to find cool strange and fascinating information on the internet like youtube or crime stories Print this page.

Mamadou April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
cool stuff

usually when i want to search something up that i am intrested in i go to google or youtube because they usually have everything that you’ll want to know. Print this page.

Angel April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
cool stuff

I usually go on safari and get an understanding of what I want to know then I search more into the topic Print this page.

Wesam April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
Chat on TTT 04.27.2022

Sam Reed U School · Nearby · 9:32 PM Fortran, Cobol, LOL…. Chris Sloan · Nearby · 9:33 PM Fortran, Cobol… Ah, the memories Sam Reed U School · Nearby · 9:34 PM I love this… paul_w_hankins It’s Sunday: I’ll create TWO morning pages. In this one, I come back to the idea that if we want our students to be a part of process, we, the teachers, cannot be apart from […]

Paul April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
Public

A small kindnesses is people asking me how am i , or any small details without me asking . I like how people that dont know me appreciate me and honestly without me knowing people appreciate mu kindnesses. Print this page.

Jessenia April 27, 2022 April 27, 2022
what small kindnesses do you appreciate? what minor, gracious things do others do for you that makes you happy?

some of the small things people do for me that i appreciate are that someone gave me his metro card, show me directions to my house and gave me  my favorite book to read. the book name is goal. giving someone money when the person is deeply in need of money to do something special is one of the gracious […]

MohammedPULSE April 27, 2022 April 27, 2022
What small kindnesses do you appreciate? what minor,gracious things do others do for you that makes u happy you that make you happy

small kindnesses i appreciate is things such as holding doors elevators for me or letting me pass through more kind things other do for me is buy me food when i dont got enough and dont expect me to owe them back Print this page.

Mamadou April 27, 2022 April 27, 2022
What smalls kindnesses do you appreciate?

When people at least remember my name correctly 😂 Not everybody take time to learn how to say your name some people go like “imma call you whatever close to it” so I appreciate that. Print this page.

Maxwel April 27, 2022 April 27, 2022
Small Kindness

There’s one bodega around my house, they make good sandwiches and the guy that prepares them, usually make me a dish from DR that i like. I really appreciate that because it takes me back home. Print this page.

Carolina April 27, 2022 April 27, 2022
kindnesses

I appreciate when someone says a good morning, I say this because saying it in a nice tone can make your morning better Print this page.

Wesam April 27, 2022 April 27, 2022
what would you like to ask your 40-year old self? what do you want to know about the future? 4/6/2022

i would like to ask my 40 year old self. why you are successful? i would like to know what ways to be successful. how to make money. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE April 26, 2022 April 26, 2022
What would you like to ask your 40-year old self why?

i would like to ask my 40 year old self how his experience was in life and what problems to avoid and what happens why i would like to know is because it would contribute me today and make me a better person and more aware of future events and what to do overall it would be beneficial to me […]

Mamadou April 26, 2022 April 26, 2022
Future me

I would like to ask if the career that i’m thinking about now is the one that i started and if i made the right decision to not regret it.   Print this page.

Carolina April 26, 2022 April 26, 2022
40 Year Old Self

I would like to ask my 40 year old self what I’m doing with my life, career-wise, and how my family is, too. I want to know how everything is in the future and how everything works, whos in my life and whos not, even the gas prices because the gas prices now a days are outrages Print this page.

Angel April 26, 2022 April 26, 2022
what would you ask your 40 year old self

I would ask my 40 year old self what career did i choose, And I’m i happy with life, I would ask my 40 year old self that because i think happiness is a very important thing throughout a person’s life Print this page.

Wesam April 26, 2022 April 26, 2022
Family Resemblance

The similarities i have with my mom is we are both responsible and respect. The traits we both share together are loving and kindness. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE April 25, 2022 April 25, 2022
Adults

I’m very similar to my father’s personality which is something that I don’t like too much because some people take advantage of that and cause harm. Sometimes I’m too friendly and generous that bad people end up using me. Something that I got from my mom is confidence, intelligence and creativity which I really like. Print this page.

Carolina April 25, 2022 April 25, 2022
How similar are you to the adults who raised you?

Well I have my mother’s character because I can react to things that require a quick, precise, and prudent decision and my father’s strong emotions, I can see painful and strong things and they don’t affect me. Print this page.

Maxwel April 25, 2022 April 25, 2022
Family resemblance

im similar to my dads because were both athletic and look alike and my mom is similar to me because were both subborn and like to argue also me and my sister are similar because we got the same eyes and face shape Print this page.

Mamadou April 25, 2022 April 25, 2022
family resemblance

I have some looks from my mom, not much from my dad but some people say I look like him, I am similar to my parents in a way where they don’t like when its really noisy and chaotic, which I think I am just like that Print this page.

Wesam April 25, 2022 April 25, 2022
Expectations

I believed what was going to happen in the future for me is maybe we might go through another war or something worse or maybe we might have a new virus that might come again since there always something up on the news saying there is a new virus spreading around. Print this page.

Cristin April 14, 2022 April 14, 2022
Copy of Tracking the Plot / Guía de comentario literario: El seguimiento de la trama

Kindred is a very interesting and striking story since strange things happen like trips to the past, we are currently finishing part 4 of the Kindred saga The fourth chapter of Kindred by Octavia E. Butler might leave a reader feeling Exited because Dana and Kevin are together  his is on line  90.  “Finally, Kevin stood back from me a […]

Paul April 11, 2022 April 13, 2022
Maxwel’s Copy of Tracking Characters

The final of Kindred Chapter #3 by Octavia E. Butler might leave a reader feeling Confused  because Because I don’t actually know if Rufus is in love with Alice or if he is just trying to be a little kind with her, An example of this is on paragraph 940.  “I was not aware of him directing Alice and Carrie to wash […]

Paul March 28, 2022 April 12, 2022
Ernaida’s Tracking of the Plot

Kindred shows the reality of the 1800’s and how someone from the 1900’s is dealing with it. Since I started reading the book, I faced a lot of cruelty that the slaves suffered in that time by their owners (white people). The fourth session of Kindred  by Octavia E. Butler might leave a reader feeling impression because Rufus forced Alice […]

Ernaida April 8, 2022 April 12, 2022
tracking the plot

The <fourth sections> of <kindred > by <Octavia E Butler> might leave a reader feeling <afraid > because <this guy was out here pointing rifles at slaves like they were targets.  An example of this is on page <126>.  “<And without warning, with no perceptible change in mood, Rufus turned slightly and trained his rifle on us.>” This is <scary […]

Yeury April 11, 2022 April 11, 2022
America Means Freedom to Me

When it comes to the concept of “America”, most people think of the right to free speech, or gun violence. While one is true, the other is not. According to “Marine Life in the Midwest”, a clip from American Creed, spoken by Tegan Griffith, “American” means freedom to express your opinion. The speaker uses her experience as a Marine, […]

Milo April 9, 2022 April 9, 2022 America, American Creed, Berkeley High School, Opinion, Tegan Griffith
Kendy’s Copy of Tracking Characters

The < third sections> of <Kindred> by <Octavia E. Butler might leave a reader feeling < Terrified > because < of how Dana travels at time to do and see what her ancestors were going throught .> An example of this is on page <13>.  <something wrong with me , what is ? What’s wrong? RUFUS .>” This is <Confused> because… <it’s confused because how can somebody that is dead can […]

Paul April 4, 2022 April 7, 2022
Christy’s Tracking the Plot of Kindred

<Begin with a freewrite about your book. Write non-stop about your book. What have you been thinking about your book since you read last?> This section of the story has a lot of turning points , while rufus father pass away and rufus takes pover we can see what we already knew . rufus loves but also benefits from dana […]

Cristy April 6, 2022 April 6, 2022
Tracking the Plot / Guía de comentario literario: El seguimiento de la trama

Paul April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
What items would you put in a time capsule for future generations to find and why?

Items I will put for the new generations is a newspaper because it would give the future finders a look at many issues and conditions that are sensitive to society and change.  Print this page.

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
What is your criteria for giving or not giving money to people asking for it on the street?

Well I wouldn’t give money to people who asked me for money on the street because those are grown people who need to get out from the street and get a job to earn money plus i don’t like giving money to them if i just earn them by working. Print this page.

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
What choice do you make about money every day and how do you make your decisions?

The choice when I come with my money is I put it someone safely make sure nobody touch it as well save it for someone i need to buy in the future or soon, how i make my decision is think and sit about it cause i need to be smart when it comes to money and do not spend […]

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
Have you ever had a make a sacrifice to help someone you care about?

Well no I never sacrifice myself even to the person who I cared because why I need to put myself in a problem where i ain’t have nothing to do with it. Also to risk my own life for them will they every thanks me for saving them or no. Print this page.

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
How well do you take criticism?

Honestly I try open the hearing criticism like I will said We love how gracefully she took the criticism and responded. Perhaps, we need more artists like her that work on spreading positivity. Print this page.

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
Do you have expectations placed on you?

Yes i have expectations placed on me like I expect to get paid by the 10th f every month.  This is a reasonable and realistic expectation because my employer and I have agreed on this condition and signed a contract. Print this page.

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
Bad Habits

I eat my nails, I know it’s not right to eat them but when I’m anxious I can’t do anything about it. Print this page.

Maxwel April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
What new things have you learned from a younger person?

One thing I learned from a younger person is starting friendships. It doesn’t matter what the other child looks like, what language he or she speaks or what skin color he or she has — as long as he or she looks friendly, he or she is a good new playmate for them. Print this page.

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
Elders

My relationship with my grandparents is very funny because I always play jokes with them and that bring a memory back to me of my grand-grandfather, he swiped me with be his newsboy cap because I made a joke about him (He didn’t had legs). Print this page.

Maxwel April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
Angel Guerra – Book Connections

The first section of <Kindred> by Octavia Butler might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective> because <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on page <___>.  “<Copy a couple of lines or a paragraph from the book.>” This is <adjective> because… <Add 1 or 2 sentences> So far, the <plot / characters / themes> in <Title> might remind a reader […]

Angel March 31, 2022 March 31, 2022
Tracking Characters in Kindred

This book is getting crazy. Rufus raped Alice because she didn’t want to marry him and because she was with a black slave , but the the slave , whose name was Isaac, beat Rufus because he raped Alice so then Dana goes to help Rufus and Rufus just talking about him going to kill Issac for he did to […]

Yeury March 24, 2022 March 29, 2022
Religion

My parents baptized me as a catholic. Actually I don’t have a solid relation with religions but I believe in God. I also believe that a lot of things that happened in my life were because of God. Print this page.

Carolina March 28, 2022 March 28, 2022
Does Religion Play A Role In My Life?

I’m not religious 75% but at least 50% because I don’t like to go to the church (there’s no reason for that I just don’t like it) but I believe that somewhere in the universe exist a “God”  (The only god I know and trust) The catholic and christian God, and He helped me to through some hard moments on […]

Maxwel March 28, 2022 March 28, 2022
Public

I am Catholic where i barely go to church , but my grandparents are very religious where sometimes i get in trouble for not praying or going to church . Print this page.

Jessenia March 28, 2022 March 28, 2022
what role does religion play in your life

my parents are muslim so their tryna convert me to it but i dont really like it but we pray 5 times a day and go to the masjid every 2 weeks Print this page.

Mamadou March 28, 2022 March 28, 2022
What Role Does Religion Play In Your Life?

It does not play a role in my life since I don’t really pay much attention to religion itself although I consider myself a catholic. At this point I just consider it a description with no actual meaning behind it. Print this page.

Carlos March 28, 2022 March 28, 2022
Religion

Religion plays a big role in my life, I’m Muslim and Muslims pray 5 times a day, also next week Ramadan starts and its a whole month Print this page.

Wesam March 28, 2022 March 28, 2022
Public

I LOVE SPENDING TIME ALONE BECAUSE THAT WHERE YOU REALIZE WHERE IN LIFE YOU MADE MISTAKES IN YOUR LIFE AND WHERE YOU NEED TO CHANGE Print this page.

Jessenia March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Inflatation 3/16

Yes everything world wide is increasing on major levels. Food when it comes to the basics like eggs , bacon, cream and coffe? My top go to ? It goes from 5-10 dollars each if you want good quality and thats not guaranteed lately .. Thats 20-30 dollars on 4 items that will last 3 days the most . For […]

Cristy March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Friendship 3/15

Growing up i cared so much about being accepted or fit in with friends and it was hard because i never found myself with people my age, they were always older than me so the friendship was always weird . Nowadays i dont care about friends or fitting . I like to keep my circle small so if there is […]

Cristy March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Spending Time Alone

I like to spend time by myself because it is good for myself to concentrate on myself, i loved to watch Netflix time for myself is necessary it don’t matter how much time you can spend that important is to have time for you. Print this page.

Kendy March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
time solo

i love spending time alone its more peaceful as long as i have my game system ill be good to be alone . i spend time alone every time and its fun for me Print this page.

Yeury March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Do you like spending time alone?

Obviously Yes I love spending time alone cause I love being alone I don’t hate being around people that ain’t my things,just me or my dog but much time that I spend time alone is a all day depended on my mood honestly. Print this page.

Cristin March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Do you like spending your time alone?

Yes I do like spending time alone, and that’s a 100% percent the best time of my life when I’m in my bedroom hearing music, and taking out all the feelings that I have inside by singing it’s the best thing in my life. Print this page.

Maxwel March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Do you like spending time alone

yes i like spending time alone because it lets me think about my decisions and be aware of things i never been aware to Print this page.

Mamadou March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
solitude

I like spending time alone because it helps me relax and I can be more focused on whatever I’m doing Print this page.

Wesam March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
elders

I have a great relationship with my grandparents, both of my grandmothers from my dad and mom side took care of me for 2 months when i was still a baby Print this page.

Wesam March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Tracking Characters

The travels get worst and worst .. Dana went back in time , this time rufus is a grown man and acts like his father more day by day . Kevin is gone and as we all know communication for slaves was almost possible because most couldn’t read and write and the was that didn’t ?? wasn’t allowed to express […]

Cristy March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Expectations

I want to have more friends. I want to get a good job in my life . Going to college is a big jump in the life of anyone who decides to enroll and not everyone who attends has the same expectations Socially, I hope to meet new people. I’m looking forward to learning about other people and their backgrounds […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Sacrifice

To be honesty I wouldn’t sacrifice my life for anyone because will they ever thanks me for saving them especially I don’t wants to be death for someone they have did or done that not my problem at all, I wants to know if they will every mentioned me as a hero for them just sacrifice my life for them. […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Young People

The way young people shape trends  through social media is through the use of hash tags to draw public attention to certain issues.social media on youth can also be significantly detrimental to mental health. … Furthermore, overuse of the apps exposes teens to cyber bullying, body image issues, and tech addiction, and results in less time spent doing healthy, real-world activities. […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Money Moves

The Decision I make my own money is just Create a Spending Plan & Budget. Pay Off Debt and Stay Out of Debt. Prepare for the Future – Set Savings Goals. Start Saving Early – But It’s Never Too Late to Start. Do Your Homework Before Making Major Financial Decisions or Purchases. Print this page.

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Giving money on the street

Honestly I don’t give money to any homeless because one I know half of them buy drugs , plus I ain’t giving my money I just earn also some of these homeless needs to get up and find a job to earned money instead siting there asking for money,Unless if was a mother who has a young children’s I will […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Time Caspule

Stuff I puts in my box for 2022 is mask , iPhone, A video from me saying hi to the future, my favorites items like clothes, blanket, so when we are the year of 2040 and we un-buried it my kids will see all the things they never see before plus so they can see stuff from the old days […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Tracking Characters

<Begin with a freewrite about your book or play. Write non-stop about your book or play. What have you been thinking about your book or play since you read last?> The <first… second… third… final… chapters/pages/sections> of <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective> because <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on […]

Paul March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Friendship

Friendships can be a stronger painkiller than morphine and fulfilling relationships increase your pain tolerance, but is not always good to have a big circus because every single friends will leave the circus and that circus will become more smaller and now you have one friend who always have never left your side though, is good to have friends but […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Conflict 2/14

I honestly have a nasty attitude and i can admit that but i don’t like starting drama or problems because i believe life is already too complicated . Instead i avoid stuff but to a small limit because i believe that if i dont ever attack you or tease you in any way , there’s no reason why you should […]

Cristy March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Elders 3/23

Growing up my mother always been such a lovely daughter to my grandma when it comes to making sure she has everything she needs and healthy but kinda of distance as well. Sometimes we get so overwhelmed we our own problems that we forget to really be there for our elders . Lately i been tryna better my relationship with […]

Cristy March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Elders

my relationship with my grandparents is really good and with my elders when i think of it one memory that comes to mind is when we was all on the roof just talking outside at night Print this page.

Mamadou March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
What is the coolest thing you have seen in nature?

Yes rainbow, aquariums, light like aurora, borealis or northern light especially when I was traveling or hiking with my family, Waterfall. 27 Charcos in Dominican republic , National Park. The 3 Eyes National Park , Santo Domingo Mountain. Pico Isabel de Torres , Puerto Plata Omg is so beautiful is like flanked by a giant statue of Christ the Redeemer–one […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Nature 3/22

One thing that amazes me about nature is the bioluminescent beaches, nature is all about magical things. Plants, rivers, oceans and many creatures with great talents we know nothing about. In Puerto Rico around the best beaches with the most crystal clear water there’s theses beaches that light up at night . its like dropping thousands of blue lights in […]

Cristy March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Grandparents

I’m only close with my grandma from my mom’s side. Since I went to DR for the first time when I was 3 months old, I have a good relationship with her. Even when I grew up, she still consented to me as a baby, I love that. She’s basically one of my life mentors. Print this page.

Carolina March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
relationship with grandparents

i have a uncle in DR that loves me a lot every time i go to he always give me everything i need. ever since young he was always good to me everything i asked for he give it to me. Print this page.

Yeury March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
What is your relationship with your grandparents and elders?

Well my relationship with my grandparent mostly my grandma my mother mom she and I is like a roller coaster cause there is some point where she says something and I just hate it cause all that come out her mouth is negative, she always said I just wants the best for you like no she doesn’t everything I do […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Body image 3/21

Social media can be used as a motivation for some but also as a distraction from reality to others . We so used to growing up and seeing people all over the world any age after 16year old which is very young as a female with all kind of plastic surgeries to better their image . This is affected a […]

Cristy March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022
Nature

The metamorphosis process is very beautiful for me. When I see the caterpillar changing to a butterfly really impress me, is like magic for me. Print this page.

Carolina March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022
Nature

One cool thing that i have seen in nature is a Dolphin jumping in the water like 5 am in the morning that was very cute. Print this page.

Kendy March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022
Nature Journal

I saw once a waterfall and it was beautiful it was in a forest in DR that was the first time I saw one. Print this page.

Maxwel March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022
what is the coolest thing you have seen in nature

the coolest thing i seen in nature was the animals drinking off the water while the sun was shining on it it was a great view to me Print this page.

Mamadou March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022
nature

somethings ive seen nature is two dogs stuck together back to back that was the most funny thing ive seen. another thing is some insects that come out in the summer and glow every 30 seconds. Print this page.

Yeury March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022

I would say mountains because I have been on a lot of them Print this page.

Wesam March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022
Tech tools . 2/8

My phone and my computer are my favorite techs tools i used them for everything and feel so lost without them . After covid-19 its like everything its online so if i wanna make appointments, shopping , looking for jobs or o any kind of work its with my computer . My phone is my communication to the outside world […]

Cristy March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
Does Social Media Affect Your Body Image?

Some random girl told by DM me that I was fat and shit, personalty I don’t give a damn what people say, but, the thing is that I don’t know her and she just started the conversation with “HoLa AmIgUiTo, mira tu estas muy gordo” y siguio hablando mierda como que a ella le pedieron opinion. Print this page.

Maxwel March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
does social media affect your body image

the messages i have received indirectly from social media about how my body should look is perfect like the perfect skin color body face and plastic surgery Print this page.

Mamadou March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
Social Media Effect

A perfect body with curve and nice air nail. Print this page.

Kendy March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022

It doesn’t affect my body necessarily, but it does affect other young girls in social media because they feel like they need to look like others. For example getting their body done at a young age and making changes. Print this page.

Keily March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
Body Image

Social media mostly sends direct and indirect messages showing how a body should look like affecting young girls and women. Some girls photoshop their pictures and even expose themselves to eating disorders which put their life at risk. Print this page.

Carolina March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
Does social media affect your body image?

Yes social media can then hurt your body image by constantly exposing yourself, as well increased risk for depression anxiety loneliness self-harm and even suicidal thoughts, social media may promote negative experiences. Honestly when I was little I always looks up at those ”role model” wish I have these body or looks but then I was like these aren’t real […]

Cristin March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
what message have you received from social media about how you should look

I have not received a message about how i should look. I think its bad for teens, because it makes them think they should be better and/or they aren’t meeting the body standards Print this page.

Wesam March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
body image

social media affect people body because some of these girls see that these women rap and have they body done and they want to do it like them. and guys be trying to go to the gym to impress girls on instagram. Print this page.

Yeury March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
Does Social Media affect your body image? What messages, direct or indirect, have you received from social media about how your body should look?

I feel like the only way for social media to affect your body image is if you let it control you. I have gotten indirect messages about how I should change and my only response to that is a simple fuck you and have a nice day! >_> Print this page.

Carlos March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
Blind spot Podcast/ Rebuilding wall street Article Quotes

Resistant “one night, I even found myself mapping out an escape plan—in my head—in the event of a fire or an attack. Of course, it pales in comparison to what the survivors have had to live through.” “And just because something bad happens to you, doesn’t mean that you’re going to be traumatized, right? Trauma has a stuckness component to […]

Lisvez March 19, 2022 March 19, 2022
The Black Street Music Playlist – Ahmir Robertson

Healing All For Us  – Labrinth   “Black Wall Street fought back with the help of Black attorneys B.C. Franklin, Isaac Spears and P.A. Chappelle, along with Mather Eakes, a White attorney from Alabama. Judge W.B. Williams ruled that the ordinance was illegal, giving Black residents in Tulsa a path to rebuild.” This Quote is talking about how tulsa residents […]

Ahmir March 17, 2022 March 18, 2022
Liberation Quote

Sentence, Phrase, Word:  “A White Tulsan reached for a Black Tulsan’s gun, and started a struggle. The shot that resulted might have been an accident, but the hundreds that followed it over the next 24 hours were not”. (Black Wall Street Graphic Novel Line 43)   Reflection:  This quote represents the mayhem that broke loose by accident Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sus5k3MAuBA Print […]

Jaylen March 18, 2022 March 18, 2022
trahison d’amour

By: ariyanna smith ARI GET DOWN HERE NOW…one moment . NOW!! Fine. Ari do me a favor me and your dad has to work please take care of the house and for the love of god please make sure sam doesn’t destroy the place while you’re at it. sam’s 14 he can watch himself. Why do I have to stay […]

Ariyanna March 18, 2022 March 18, 2022
This i believe Video

Print this page.

Martin March 17, 2022 March 17, 2022
The Black Street Music Playlist

Resistance Songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH2dyClXTxI , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZzlCP7oAw    Liberation Songs: Michael Jackson – They Don’t Care About Us (Brazil Version) (Official Video) , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y77Rj61M084    Healing Songs:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gqu8ZTEM1k, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EnRK5YvBwU  Print this page.

Zahir March 17, 2022 March 17, 2022
Public

an example can be is the gas prices like oh lord why are they high for like damm , i can get my nails every week . Print this page.

Jessenia March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
How have you noticed inflation?

To be honest i haven’t notice anything that has gone up or down. I don’t usually do the shopping in my house, but do see my dad complain about how much he spend. Print this page.

Keily March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
Inflation

The prices are going up, I buy Italian Bread it used to be $2.00 now with this war thing it went up to $4.00 Print this page.

Maxwel March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
Inflation

When I used to live in DR, the price of a whole chicken was 200 pesos, the most expensive being 300 (2021). Now in 2022, the price is almost 400 pesos. Print this page.

Carolina March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
How have you noticed inflation?

Yes I noticed many inflation that I see so far that has change like every time I buy a sandwiches or a drinks these price are going higher and I am like bruh this killing us with these prices but i have no chose but just buy it but i don’t know why they have to makes the price much […]

Cristin March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
inflations

sneakers are going up like crazy every time i go to buy new sneakers they always a price higher than it was before Print this page.

Yeury March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
Inflation

When i go to buy food and everything is more expensive than before is not just food also clothes, furniture, and EVERYTHING. Print this page.

Kendy March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
how have you noticed inflation

I’ve noticed gas prices go up the past couple of weeks Print this page.

Wesam March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
Friendship

when i feel that one of my friendships is changing  in a bad way, i try to see why that’s happening. I feel very sad when this happens. To avoid these types of situations, i try to improve the communication between me and my friend, so then if something is wrong, we will be able to solve the problem and […]

Carolina March 15, 2022 March 15, 2022
Journal

A friend of mine met my cousin and she decide to stop talking my because she said that my cousin didn’t want to, when they broke up my cousin told me that she said that I was the one that told him to stop talking me. Print this page.

Maxwel March 15, 2022 March 15, 2022
fake friends

i had friends that i used to be with everyday from a long time but now i don’t have any friends because i work and go to school and now my friends think that i’m moving funny because i don’t chill with them anymore. i don’t really care because i don’t really need friends because friends now a days are […]

Yeury March 15, 2022 March 15, 2022
Friendships

Yes i have a friendship that have change, just because i was my cousin and she saw me with my cousin and she get jealous about how i treat my cousin. So i decide to left that friendship. Print this page.

Kendy March 15, 2022 March 15, 2022
how do you react when you friendship change

i would talk about it to understand why it came to this point Print this page.

Wesam March 15, 2022 March 15, 2022
public

Something unexpected was when i was checking out a customer at my store and when my customer decided to bless a little girl with a pack of lipstickes and she left happy . Print this page.

Jessenia March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Journal Question

When i was in the bus with my son and there were not seat and some body stand up and give me a seat with my son, i was so grateful with this person because i was tired. Print this page.

Kendy March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
When have you given received or been witness to an unexpected art of kindnes,large,small.

When have you given received or been witness to an unexpected art of kindness,large,small. Yes there was a time when a lady was having trouble getting off the bus, she couldn’t get off it and everyone else was just staring at her like rude ass people so me as a kind nice person i went up to her and help […]

Cristin March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
When have you given, received or been witness to an unexpected act of kindnes, large or small. What do you think the motivation was behind the act.

I have received a act of kindness when the pandemic started i wasn’t going to anything for my birthday because everything was closed , my best friends and close friends threw me a surprise. It was small group but we had fun and of course we took precaution. Print this page.

Keily March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Act of Kindness

When I see acts of kindness, I feel great because that shows there are good people in  the world. It also motivates me to help people. Print this page.

Carolina March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Journal

Yes, in the cafeteria my friend Ernaida buy me popcorn because I didn’t had change to buy it (I didn’t expect her do that) Print this page.

Maxwel March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
given and received

yesterday i was home and my brother walked in the house with 2 boxes of footlocker sneaker and he gave me one of the sneakers and i did not expect that. i think he gave me the sneakers because i been behaving good. Print this page.

Yeury March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Grake

Drugs are what control parts of the world. Whether you’re good, bad, or in between you can always get hooked on the idea of doing drugs. “ LET ME TELL YOU MY STORY “  -zara  Hi 🙂  I’m Zara Williams. I’m a pothead. I love pot and I love smoking weed. Smoking weed has gotten me through a lot when […]

Niazia March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Susurrus

A young teenage high school boy moved to New York with his Aunt Hehet after His home was raided by burglars. Not knowing how to adjust, Gyasi soon realizes that He needs a job because New York is a very expensive place to live. Gyasi calls his Aunt for a Temporary stay until he can get back up on […]

Chester March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Don’t Fall Victim To The Streets

Hi, My name is Trayvon Shaw and this is my story… Tray his mom yells from downstairs, get ready for school right now! Trayvon hates going to school; he feels like it’s a waste of time. He gets up, gets in the shower and gets dressed, tray likes getting dressed when it comes to fashion. Nobody can’t tell him anything, […]

Nasir March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Bad habits 3/9/22

My main bad habit is my schedule, my schedule has mess me up in life for a long time now. I been trying to fix myself because Im grown and that just irresponsible after certain age. This started becoming a problem when it comes to my reputation, I’m being affected on the daily basic by my own bad habit in […]

Cristy March 12, 2022 March 12, 2022
Rude public behavior 3/2/2022

The worst public behaviors in NYC are found in the trains stations and trains itself and it makes me fear the trains and feel so disgusted. People come on the train harassing for money or your number , nowadays its near impossible being on a train without worrying about what can happen to you . Some homeless people also be […]

Cristy March 12, 2022 March 12, 2022
Money choices 3/1/22

I give myself a limit on the daily basic on how much i spend , specially now that im not working.  i write down what i need and how much i will be spending, depending on my budged or upcoming paycheck. when I’m low on money i find ways to make up for the money im spending. Sometimes it gets […]

Cristy March 12, 2022 March 12, 2022
Whos your heroe ? 2/28/2022

My heroes are my parents , i can see the sacrifices they make on the daily basic not only to help themselves but also to help others. in my point of view that what real heroes do while inpiring others to be heroes as well . They try their best to provide help for those around in many different ways […]

Cristy March 12, 2022 March 12, 2022
Agree/Disagree Response

Dear <First Name of Poster>: I am <adjective showing emotion> <by, about, with> your <poem/post/image/letter…>, “<Exact Title>,” because… <add 2 or 3 sentences> One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “<Quote from the message.>” I think this is <adjective> because… <add 1 or 2 sentences> Another sentence that I <past tense verb> was: “<Copy a sentence or line from the post.>” This stood out for me because… […]

Paul June 4, 2021 March 11, 2022
Sacrifices for other ? 2/17/2022

I feel like on the daily basics i make sacrifices to help myself but also the people i care for. Sometimes even by helping yourself you making a sacrifice to help others for example i became independent to help my mother because with all the issues she has i cant be adding on my biggest sacrifice . Also i have […]

Cristy March 11, 2022 March 11, 2022
How well do you take criticism ? 2/16/2022

To be honest the criticism is not about what’s being said its about who says it, if its somebody who i believe has the experience and good intentions which their words than i will definitely listen quiet and take the advice or critics . I like to stay quiet when im wrong because i know myself  and attitude . I […]

Cristy March 11, 2022 March 11, 2022
Your expectations 2/15/2022

i have expectations on myself due to things people like my parents or close family members didn’t accomplish, i honestly wanna finish school because i cant tell you many people in my family before my generation that graduated high school . Not my parents or my grandparents so i have to get myself in a better patch to break the […]

Cristy March 11, 2022 March 11, 2022
Everything Will Come in the Light

Everything Will Come In The Light   By: Raiyyan Sylla               They were all sitting around the table, in disbelief of what they had done. None of them could believe that they had actually gone through with it. It had all just started as a joke, a fun idea, but then it got real.    It’s the first day of school […]

Raiyyan March 11, 2022 March 11, 2022
Learning from a younger person 2/10/2022

I don’t really surround myself from people i could really learn from or maybe i just dont focus enough to actually finish learning. I have this friend shes younger than me by 1y  but she cooks way  better than me. I think i watch her cook for me so eventually i will learn but i dont really put my mind […]

Cristy March 10, 2022 March 10, 2022
Bravery 2/9/2022

Yes sometimes i have to do things to survive that takes a lot of bravery and i love it because it makes me overcome fears and makes me feel better about myself. Circumstances that can get me in a position where my reputation can be mess up not with people around me but with family or legal . Theres other […]

Cristy March 10, 2022 March 10, 2022
Journal (2/10)

I learned how to play WZ (WARzOnE)  I ask him to teach me because i wanted to get better playing that, if I need to know something else I could ask him again. Print this page.

Maxwel March 10, 2022 March 10, 2022
What tech tools are you finding most fun? (2/8)

Apple watch is mad fun, cause I can cheat with it on the exams and can answer phone calls without THE CELLPHONE! That’s amazing and fun.   Print this page.

Maxwel March 10, 2022 March 10, 2022
Over coming fears 2/7/2022

My main fear is failure so that means everything fears me depending on the risks cause there’s always a chance of failure . i have bad anxiety so when i’m facing situations that can go wrong i get nervous and my heart start beating so fast. I try to give myself confidence repeating in my head that everything’s gonna be […]

Cristy March 10, 2022 March 10, 2022
Hometown 2/3/2022

I personally love everything about my hometown because its a mixture of USA , Puerto Rican, Chinese and Dominican food. You find the best of all kinds of food in my country . If you a sushi lover like i am, believe its my favorite meal when i go home i will send you to TARZAN. Tarzan is located around […]

Cristy March 10, 2022 March 10, 2022
This I Believe Essay

Hello, I am Rae Morgan. This is my “This I Believe Essay” I wrote in my 10th grade English/AVID class. Enjoy! Print this page.

Rae March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022 EVMCHS, rae morgan, this i believe, TIB
Journal

Biting my nails, I alwayz bite my nailz and a lot of people tell me “That nasty” or “That disgusting” and I want to stop but I do it unconsciously Print this page.

Maxwel March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
bad habits

a bad habits that i have is going to sleep late, using the ps5 to much Print this page.

Dewry March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
Bad habit

One bad habit I’m trying to stop is waking up one hour before my alarm, its a bad habit because i cant go back to sleep Print this page.

Wesam March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
What bad habit (s) are you trying to stop?

Getting a little sleep is my bad habit cause well I don’t sleep often and I am always on the damn phone especially I have school the next day which I only have 3 hours of sleep to get before my alarm start. Print this page.

Cristin March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
bad habits

One bad habit that i have is falling asleep while watching movies i always do that i need to stop doing that because i can never finish movies and am really want to watch the movie. Print this page.

Dawry March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
Bad habit

A bad habit that am trying to stop is, chewing loudly. Print this page.

Kendy March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
bad habits

one bad that i need to stop is playing ps4 late because i go to sleep late and it make me wake up late for school and ill be late. another that i need to stop is eating my nails because it makes my nails look ugly Print this page.

Yeury March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
items

one thing i have when i was little is a photo, clothes. Print this page.

Dewry March 8, 2022 March 9, 2022
Jessica’s Copy of Tracking the Themes

When I edit this does it come to the list? <Begin with a freewrite about your book. Write non-stop about your book. What have you been thinking about your book since you read last?> <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective>. <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on […]

Paul March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
Copy of Tracking the Themes / Seguimiento de los Temas

<Begin with a freewrite about your book. Write non-stop about your book. What have you been thinking about your book since you read last?> <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective>. <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on page <___>.  “<Copy a couple of lines or a paragraph from […]

Paul March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
What items would you put in a time capsule for future generations to find, and why?

I would put memories that important to me like pictures , i keep my son’s first clothes, i keep an album of my son’s photo and my old jewelry. Print this page.

Keily March 8, 2022 March 8, 2022
Time capsule

I would probably write about how the pandemic changed peoples lives Print this page.

Wesam March 8, 2022 March 8, 2022
Time Capsule.

I will put one of my favorite outfits, an actual picture of myself,  my favorite meal recipe, a letter to myself. Print this page.

Carolina March 8, 2022 March 8, 2022
time capsule

i would put autograph, favorite actor , artwork , old pictures Print this page.

Yeury March 8, 2022 March 8, 2022
items

i keep a folder of pictures of me when i was little so in the future i can show my kids one day and they can see how life was back in my day. Print this page.

Dawry March 8, 2022 March 8, 2022
criteria for giving money

When i see somebody asking for money in the street, i don’t give him money i ask if he want food because they going use the not to buy food is to buy drugs. Print this page.

Dewry March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
Giving money on the street .

My budget its 1-3 dollars depending on who it its , its this homeless man i call dancing joe and i always try to give him money when i see him . I dont like people that be smelling ode bad so i just walk away from those most of the time because they tend to be real disrespectful specially […]

Cristy March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
Money

When I see someone asking for money in the streets, I just give to them when something in me says to give to that person, means that person really need it and is going to use it for good things. Print this page.

Carolina March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
giving or not giving

when ever i see people on the street asking for money i Don’t give them money because they not going to use that money to buy food they going to use it to buy drugs. Print this page.

Dawry March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
Journal

I honestly don’t give a damn about what they do with the money, but, if they come and ask me respectfully i will give me the money (If I can). Print this page.

Maxwel March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
What is your criteria for giving, or not giving, money to people asking for it on the street? How do your make your decision, ans what factors come into play when you decide?

I don’t usually give money to people unless they ask it’s for food. A lot of people that ask for money is for drugs or other things. Sometimes i like people that gives shows or show their talent on the trains i give them money. Print this page.

Keily March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
giving money in the street

i don’t give money to nobody in the street. but if i know its food i will give it to them nut sometimes when there’s people selling candy on the train i just buy the candy just to help them. Print this page.

Yeury March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
what you hate

i really hate when people scream or a speak low for no reason Print this page.

Alis March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
What kind of rude public behavior upset you?

I hate when people been looking at you for no reason , also people being disrespect to people at their job so on Monday there was a time where a old lady telling the bus driver something and he response nicely and then when I was about to get off the next stop but there were a another bus in […]

Cristin March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
What kind of rude public behavior upset you? When are you most likely to observe it?

I hate when people assume you don’t speak certain languages then continue to talk about you in those languages that they assume you don’t know. Print this page.

Carlos March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
Rule public behavior

I hate when somebody is carried a baby and nobody given then seat. Print this page.

Kendy March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
public behavior upset

I hate when people listen to music in train and they don’t have headphone because i don’t like listening to the music they are playing out loud. Print this page.

Dewry March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
public behavior

i hate when people on the streets stared staring at me and my brother and then ask me if am a twin like they are not seeing it in front of their eyes. Print this page.

Dawry March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
Journal

I hate when people sing out loud in public Print this page.

Maxwel March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
Public Behavior.

I don’t like when students disrespect the teachers for no reason and keep yelling at them. I see that situation a lot in this school. Print this page.

Carolina March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
what kind of rude public behavior upset you ? When are you most likely to observe it ?

When i hear peoples life problems like nobody needs to know because you never know who is hearing in the streets . I hate when people try to fake talk to me and be my friend . Print this page.

Jessenia March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
rude public behavior

one public behavior that upset me when the bus totally empty and someone come sit right next to me i also hate when people come on the bus with they loud speakers , i hate when people try to talk to me Print this page.

Yeury March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
What choices do you make about money everyday and how do you make your decisions ?

The decisions i stay making on money is I spend it on my sneakers which lead no good but i love sneakers but i do pay all my bills first and then spoil myself on whatever i have . Print this page.

Jessenia March 1, 2022 March 1, 2022
How i spend money

The choices i make about money everyday and how i make my decisions is i spend my money on food and drinks such as dunking donuts and mcdonalds and how i make my decisions is how i feel like if im hungry or not and the trade offs i would make is for a ps5 i would not spend it […]

Mamadou March 1, 2022 March 1, 2022
money decisions

i don’t really make money choices i just pay taxi and also sometimes i have to bring food from my job for my mom to make it. when i get paid from my job i look at what i got paid and then think about how i’m going to put some money in my saving and how i’m going to […]

Yeury March 1, 2022 March 1, 2022
What choices do you make about money every day, and how do you make your decisions?

I spend my money on my son and myself, but if i have something left i safe it. I spend my money wisely because i don’t work and i have someone that depends on me. I don’t often buy what i want just what i need and i think i make good choices on how i spend my money. Print […]

Keily March 1, 2022 March 1, 2022
What tech tools are you finding most fun and useful right now, whether you access them for school, for work or for entertainment? What apps are your current favorites? Why?

Cristy March 1, 2022 March 1, 2022
Journal

My heroes are called Monkey Black, Shelow Shaq, Black Jonas Point, Secreto and some others. They give a little part of who i am now. Print this page.

Maxwel February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
heroes/ inspire

The hero that i look up to is my mom because she always pushing me to keep working hard and not lose focus on my self and she always tell me that she want me to build a dream for my self and Thats why my mom is mu hero and i love her to death and she always there […]

Dawry February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
who are your heroes

My number one hero is my mom because she give me everything i have in life she support everything that i like do. my other hero is Lebron james because he is the reason that i love basketball. lebron james is my favorite player in the nba because he inspire other to follow there dream. Print this page.

Dewry February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
My hero

My hero is my mother because she is a very strong women and she can deal with any situation and she is always strong she always motivate me ton be like her a strong women and hard worker.   My other hero is Michelle Obama because she is very respectful and admirable women, I look up to her because i […]

Kendy February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
Who are your heroes? Why do you look up to them? How do they inspire you?

My heroes are my family. They are my heroes and look up to them because they push me to be better and not be in the same position as them. They inspire me because i see the struggle to make me a better person, that pushes me to continue school to give them a better life. Print this page.

Keily February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
Who are your heroes? Why do you look up to them? how do they inspire you?

My hero’s that I look up to is one of my favorite artist SELENA and my father these two inspire me mostly because Selena is a young success smart talent independent she taught for her 23 years of life and saying stay in school don’t do drugs and being as a young Latina artist her learning Spanish, as well never […]

Cristin February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
Heroes

My mom is my hero, she is my motivation to keep moving forward. She sacrifice a lot of things to give all that i needed and make happy. My friend Yahaira inspires me too, she is an independent woman that goes to college and has 2 jobs, she helps me giving me advices. She inspires me so much, showing that […]

Carolina February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
past and present

Black Wall Street, former namebyname of the Greenwood neighborhoodneighbourhood in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where in the early 20th century African Americans had created a self-sufficient prosperous business district. The violent incident, however, took a heavy financial toll on African Americans. Many homes and businesses were destroyed. And not only that At the turn of the 20th century, the Greenwood District of […]

Keyyannee February 22, 2022 February 22, 2022
The Black Street Responce

Brad Girson, Executive Director  Atlantic Ventures The Atlantic   ATTN: Hayley Romer 60 Madison Avenue 6th Floor: The Atlantic New York, NY 10010   Dear Brad Girson (Editor/Executive Director) I’m writing to you about The Massacre of Black Wall Street: Graphic Novel. I am a student at the U School and we have been learning about the history of Black […]

Omilleo February 22, 2022 February 22, 2022
The letter to Tulsa Way Finder

I’m writing to you about The Massacre of Black Wall Street: Graphic Novel. I am a student at the U School and we have been learning about the history of Black Wall Street. While reading the graphic novel I learned many more things about Black Wall Street such as the location of Greenwood, A bit about the founder and The […]

Lisvez February 18, 2022 February 18, 2022
Black Wall Street Letter

Dear Brad Girson   I’m writing to you about The Massacre of Black Wall Street: Graphic Novel. I am a student at the U School and we have been learning about the history of Black Wall Street. African Americans worked mainly as servants in Tulsa, where they developed their own insular society with its own economy. And they were a […]

Zahir February 17, 2022 February 17, 2022
Letter to the Tulsa Wayfinder Community

Dear Brad Girson (Editor/Executive Director)            I’m writing to you about The Massacre of Black Wall Street: Graphic Novel. I am a student at the U School and we have been learning about the history of Black Wall Street. Reading the graphic novel gave me another perspective to see black wall street from. I learned more about […]

Ahmir February 17, 2022 February 17, 2022
How well you take criticism?

Bad even when I know it’s true, because sometimes comes from a person that just lives to criticize and that doesn’t fell like it is because that person cares about me. Yes I can give good constructive critic. Print this page.

Maxwel February 16, 2022 February 16, 2022
expectation

when i was little my father use to tell me to get a job and get money for i could help my mom around the house, because when he was little he started working when he was like 13 years old he started to work as a barber and he still doing that, and that’s why people need to learn […]

Dewry February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
Expectations

My mom always had expectations for me, she always said that I was her hope to move forward. When I turned 17, I made the decision of becoming independent and start in a new place. When that decision happened, my mom was really happy because she always expected me as an independent and smart girl. Print this page.

Carolina February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
expectations

My mother always says when I was your age, i was already independent and working and giving money to my mother survive. I fallow the same steps because i have my own apartment and am working to pay my bills and fallow my dreams and do everything that i want it to do. Print this page.

Kendy February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
expectation

When I was little, my dad told me to study so that it depended on me. when he was young he was working with his dad my father told me and taught me that he worked from a very young age in a family business that was a shoe store he worked with his father for years until my grandfather […]

Alis February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
expectations

when i was young my dad use to tell me when you grow up you need to become a barber like me because is a barber so he want me to become the same but I dont want to become a barber because I dont like that and being a barber is hard because you need to work everyday and […]

Dawry February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
Do you have expectations placed on you because of what your parent, or other person have achieved in their own lives?

When i was younger my father used to tell me “When i was your age i used to date all the girls on my block, you have to do it too” And well you know i responded that being good guy as you can see. 😅 Print this page.

Maxwel February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
expectation

my expectation to me from my mom is to work and go to school because she always told that at my age she used go to school and work at the same time. Print this page.

Yeury February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
Do you have expectations placed on you because of what your parents, siblings or extended family members have achieved in their own lives? If so, how have you responded to those expectations?

I had expectations placed on me and i am still reminded by my parents of how I didn’t achieve them. However, I could care less about them. just cause they did something a certain way doesn’t mean I will do the same. I am doing me the way I want to. I have no obligations to follow in someone else’s […]

Carlos February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
Reaction

If someone comes to me in a aggressive way, I’ll respond with a question asking the reason of that behavior to me and if that person keeps being aggressive, I’ll ask for help to deal with the situation. Print this page.

Carolina February 14, 2022 February 14, 2022
When someone verbally taunts or teases you or even bumps or pushes you are you likely to respond kind escalating the conflict?

At first I will let it go but the second time I wouldn’t cause I give that person many warming about this so I will use humor to defuse the situation because I am a person who wouldn’t let someone be rude to me cause I am that evil and I will do it back at them I don’t care, […]

Cristin February 14, 2022 February 14, 2022
bullying me

it depends how i feel in the moment and if i dont know the person ill probably try to talk to it out to see why is that person doing that to me or why they wan to do that if not then i just respond rough. Print this page.

Yeury February 14, 2022 February 14, 2022
When someone verbally taunts or teases you, or even bumps you or pushes you, are you likely to respond in kind, escalating the conflict? Would you seek the help of others, like teachers, or parents or friends? What kind of help would you look for — advice, mediation, intervention or support?

Honestly the 1st offense, i’d let it slide, the 2nd time im swinging simple as that. No other explanation needed if I had enough patience to let the 1st slide you best get moving. Print this page.

Carlos February 14, 2022 February 14, 2022
Dying From My Past

Here I was in Chicago, Illinois. As I pass the big green bushes, I sense the mystery here in Chicago. Passing the pillow-soft clouds above as we arrive in front of a big red house. My family and I moved from Oakland, California to Chicago, Illinois because my parents were offered real estate agent jobs. I am a 16-year-old girl […]

Raniyah February 8, 2022 February 12, 2022 #TheUschool #depression #standupforyourself #overcomeyourfears #fearless
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Sweat drips from my skin. Like heavy rain. I’m on a case trying to solve a strange train coming and leaving. For some odd reason people don’t return? I carry my ticket. Gold like a feather. Soft like a pillow.  Felt like I was holding money. The train was yellow.  It was a first class train.  Some parts of the […]

Aaron February 7, 2022 February 11, 2022
Journal – 02/10/2022

My little brother taught me about about game consoles like Nintendo Switch and Wii U. I never knew how to use it and he is an expert. I was really impressed that being 12 he knew how to use the consoles and how to pass each level of Mario Bros games. Print this page.

Carolina February 10, 2022 February 10, 2022

No I haven’t learned anything from a younger person at all I am being real I always learned new things from a person my age or someone older than me, but if a younger person did teach me new things I will be shocked because I have never seen a kid younger than me knowing so much from this age […]

Cristin February 10, 2022 February 10, 2022
Have you ever been in a situation that required bravery? What were the circumstances? Did you take actions?

I don’t think that I have ever been in a situation. Mainly because I can be cold when it comes to any news that can affect me. I’ve been like this since I was a kid, always had a serious personality as well as cold. I guess it could be seen a defense mechanism for me. Print this page.

Carlos February 9, 2022 February 9, 2022
Bravery

When I decide to come to the US by my own, I had to leave a lot of things behind, including my family. Coming to a new country alone being 17 was hard at the beginning but I kept my mind focused to reach my goals. For me it was a act of bravery facing the situation of being alone […]

Carolina February 9, 2022 February 9, 2022
Don’t Fall Victim To The Streets

My name is Trayvon Shaw and here’s my story. I moved to North Philadelphia with my mom and was homeschooled for the majority of the time. Basketball is something I wanted to play since the age of 10. I never once liked doing something so much until I picked up my first basketball and saw what I […]

Nasir February 9, 2022 February 9, 2022

If I had to choose an app I find most useful and/or fun , would be discord mainly because I create bots for certain games allowing certain advantages (cheats) that I can later sell access to, in my own servers. This is an app I can pretty much use on a daily basis wherever I am if its on my […]

Carlos February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
what tech tools are you finding most fun and useful right now?

i use netflix because they got documentary and series that can be useful to you they be teaching you about history and other stuff. Print this page.

Pedrito February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
my favorite app to use

My favorite app to use is Whatsapp because thats the only way i call my dad and the other app i use is instagram because i like to post photo of me and my family. Print this page.

Dewry February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
tech tools

one tech tool that i use and find very helpful is google chrome because i can search anything i want up and it will come up. i use a lot of apps on my phone but favorite app to use is call of duty because that game keeps me entertain and is very fun to play Print this page.

Yeury February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
tools and tech

the App that i use the most is Capcut because i edit videos for Tiktok and Youtube there and the app is so fun to use because I am really trying to make a career out of it. In that app i can edit my 2k gameplays and post them on tiktok and youtube.  Print this page.

Dawry February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
My favorite app.

The app I use mostly is WhatsApp, I use it to reach to my friends from Brazil and Dominican Republic and also to my parents. My favorite app right now is YouTube Music, I been using it every time to listen my favorites playlist, which helps me a lot with my mood. Print this page.

Carolina February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
What tech tools are you finding most fun and useful right now?

The most app I use so far is instagram because is most popular to use and is interesting of course like watching people video’s picutre’s comments and talking to them so that why I enjoy using this app the most then other apps so far. Print this page.

Cristin February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
Eli’s Regret

Eli wakes up at the crack of dawn on Monday morning in the middle of Fall. Eli hates waking up for school in the morning because he’s always tired. He gets out his bed and heads upstairs to the bathroom to start his morning by washing his face and brushing his teeth. He gets dressed and heads out the door […]

Jayden February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Into The Unknown

It’s currently 4 AM. Today will be the last day of school before the summer break. Before you ask, no. It’s not the last day’s excitement that stole me away from my slumber. I sit up on my bed, peering out of the window. A crescent moon stares back at me. I think of last night’s dream and get a […]

Khayliyah February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
The Love Triangle

It’s currently 12PM in New York City. I am at the Community Center at Stuyvesant High School, and right now it’s lunch time. I am sitting alone at my usual lunch table when all of a sudden, my friend Noah comes over and sits next to me.  “ Hey kiddo,” he said, stealing a fry off my plate.   “ Hey […]

Ny'Aira February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
The game

After Nate’s mom died his whole world changed, he began to distance himself from his siblings (he was never really close with his stepdad and he doesn’t know his real dad). His mom died in a car accident when they were on their way home from Nate’s basketball game. Nate witnessed the whole thing and feels guilty because he felt […]

Niyonna February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Willow Grove

I don’t normally wake up this early. I guess I just felt a little bit more motivated. I decided I wanted to go on a run before I went to school. I got dressed and walked out the door. I was only about four minutes into my run until this odd feeling waved over me. I didn’t feel scared, but […]

Jahnya February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
The Kingdom That Rose From Blood

It all started at the beginning of summer. The sun gently kissed the skin of everyone and the breeze was light yet refreshing. The Prince had been on a business trip to Mystaria, a Kingdom foreign to him. Somehow he ended up at a show and he saw a beautiful woman dancing on the stage. Her dazzling dance seemed to […]

Sianni February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
How do you overcome your fears? What do you do to get yourself through an experience you are afraid of?

The way I overcome my fears is literally going up to them. It’s a challenge to go for what you afraid of but it helps you. It helps you not be afraid but also unlock other fears and it makes you feel you good about yourself. Print this page.

Keily February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022

I personally confront my fears depending on what that fear is. On a everyday basis there’s always a new fear that I have to fight. I tend to overthink the possibilities to get over the fear I am having which later leads to even more fears and its a whole issue wrapped around my head. However I still manage to […]

Carlos February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
keep calm and love basketball

You forgot  to indent. I pulled up to the school and the parking lot was full so i just told my brother to drop me off at  the door and he could leave.  Sin tells me to break a leg. He  isn’t the best driver but he get me  from point a to point b so ion Complaint. I walk […]

Kylah February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
How do you overcome your fear ?

I overcome my fear by facing the fear and challenging myself to think positive . If you don’t overcome your fear you will always be a fear of thing that you plan on complete your goals in life . Print this page.

Jessenia February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
overcome my fears

Overcome my fears is talking to people i don’t know because i don’t know how to start a conversation with then and afraid to say something bad and they take it on a wrong way. Print this page.

Dewry February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
fears

A fear that i have is not looking at the people faces while we having a conversation because i feel weird looking at there faces and what i need to do to overcome that is really try to not do that because i dont know if the person that am talking in the moment going to get mad. Print this […]

Dawry February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
How do you overcome your fears?

How can I overcome your fears is take time out. It’s impossible to think clearly when you’re flooded with fear or anxiety. Breathe through panic, Face your fears, Imagine the worst, Look at the evidence, Visualise a happy place,Talk about it. Print this page.

Cristin February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
how do you overcome your fears?

well you overcome yours fears by face it and not been scared of what is it,face it by doing what you are scared of my only fear is the ocean because i was drowing in the beach when i was little . Print this page.

Pedrito February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
How do you overcome your fears?

I mostly try to run away from things that scare me like big butterflies or spiders, I still don’t know how to overcome it completely but when I have to face the situation, I put in my head that I’m bigger than that and I feel a little better. Print this page.

Carolina February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
How do you overcome your fears? What do you to get yourself through an experience you’re afraid of?

My biggest fear are the snakes but doesn’t mean that i run away from them, i hit them when i feel out of their attack range u know so they can not bite me 🤣 Print this page.

Maxwel February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
fears

no lie when i meet my fears i just try to avoid it because i don’t want to face my fear and when im scared of something i don’t even look its way Print this page.

Yeury February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Deep In The Trenches.

Well welcome to my lil world, I would say you’ll love it here but people seem to think I’m the devil’s daughter, lol they only say that because I don’t take no bullshit. Anyway I’m Kayla SB Jones. The SB is my two middle names. I like them, I just don’t like saying them out loud. I have 6 siblings, […]

Kaena February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
A Friendship To Never Forget

The moment everything changed was on Halloween night in the early 2000s. Things took an unexpected turn. But before I tell you what happened let me introduce myself. My name is Sherry Walker, I am 16. I come from a dry town where nothing ever happens. Dairy Lane is truly a miserable place to be. I live in a plain […]

Orneisha February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
The Unpredictable

This story is about an 18 year old girl named Ciani. Ciani is a very adventurous person , and she loves to swim, which is a coincidence because Ciani lives in Virginia, In a beach house on the beach, where it’s always hot. She lives with her stepmother Natalie , and her younger brother Jay. Her dad , Ray, is […]

Shaniya February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
His’s Story

I go into Eli’s room to find anything behind his suicide I just want to know why, why did he leave me. I look under his bed and see a box with paper and a cassette tape with a handwritten label saying “I’m sorry”. I grabbed my cassette player and started listening. *The recording starts* My name is Eli. I […]

Lisvez February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Life of Savannah

One day I woke up and didn’t know what was in store for the day ahead of me. Never knew that October 12, 2011 is when my life would change forever. I started to lose myself but kept it away from everyone just to protect them and their feelings. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and start at the beginning […]

Isabel February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Apocalypse Dawning.

In a city not far from you, lies three childhood friends who had a falling out. This story began in the city of Lansing, Michigan. Carla, Benjamin, Jackson, they grew up knowing each other because they went to the same school. They went everywhere together, lunch, sleepovers, even out and about in the world.                                                          (Flashback) On this one day their […]

Ahmir February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
It Joined The Call

BEEP-BEEP!!  Mom: “Aaron Come On”  Aaron: “I’m coming” I responded while packing up my bag, I run towards the car  Mom: “how was practice”   Aaron: “it was fine” I responded. I got a text on my phone from Maya and Tony. Tony: yo Aaron what are you up to Nothing I just got back from practice:Aaron Maya: wait I thought […]

Jaylen February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
How Far Is Far

How Far Is Far   By: Jupree Wade “MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE” my captain says as he kicks down a door to a little house in the middle of a little neighborhood it feels like everyone in the neighborhood is watching us right now raiding this house and I just tense up a bit knowing that someone is recording and […]

Jupree February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Open Door

I wake up tired and beat from all the hard work I was doing on Friday. I’m still behind on some school work but I’ll get it done this weekend. I brush my teeth and put on some clothes to start my day. I wake up at 7:30 to see my mom off to work since we barely see each […]

Zahir February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
The Dream World

It was June 2,2025, my 17th birthday or supposed to be. When I woke up I wasn’t in my bed at home, I was somewhere else, maybe another world. But this world is more like a video game.  “It seems that you made it, finally we can get started.” She said, It was Alice, my little sister. She had blonde […]

Kevin February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
You and Me

Hi, my name is Moose. I just moved here from Philadelphia to Texas. My family by far is nowhere near rich. We lived in a small one story house but it’s just me, mother, and two brothers and I wouldn’t change it. My father left when I was five and started a whole new life (Deadbeat self) but it’s cool […]

Landan February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Test

Test     TEST       TESTING Print this page.

Trinity Middlebrooks February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
The Best Fish

I was born in France and I grew up over there but my father as a native from Africa brought me sometimes African foods and the best food I ever ate was a special fish called “Poisson Braiser”, It is basically roasted fish but it got something so amazing that it’s literally the best food I ever ate in my […]

Tristan February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
hometown food

The first time that my cousin came to visit me here in new York i send him to eat at Kennedy fried chicken because there food is really good and i really like there chicken and does chesses fries and the chicken sandwich. because i remember when i first came to this country that was the first fast food that […]

Dawry February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
home town

If someone went to visit me in DR i take then to eat a chimi because is the only thing that i like from DR and i want them to try with me for they can learn from the experiencing. Print this page.

Dewry February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
If someone were to visit your hometown for a day, where would you send to eat? What specific dishes would you recommend? What meals best represent your hometown’s people and culture? Why would you recommend these dishes?

I would send them to Fresco y Rapido (it’s a bar and grill) they have delicious food like Yaroas, Chimis, Tostadas and  Batidas those are some kind of delicious dominican food, but, if that person wants real food I can send him/her to El Valle they have Rice, Beans, Meat all that with EL SASON DOMINICANO. Print this page.

Maxwel February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
If someone were to visit your hometown for a day where would you send them to eat?

If someone were to visit your hometown I will send them to olive garden because italian has the best food especially the best restaurant and is nice and omg the food so wonderful, the smell and how beautiful. Print this page.

Cristin February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
If someone were to visit your hometown for a day, where would you send them to eat? What specific dishes would you recommend? What meals best represent your hometown’s people and culture? Why would you recommend these dishes?

I would send them to my local to GO , is called Luggie. I would recommend a Chimi. It’s probably the best Dominican sandwich. i would recommend this dish because it’s one of my culture dishes fast food. The Chimi is good and you can choose the meat you want on it. Evrytime i eat it, it reminds me of […]

Keily February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
journal

if someone visit my hometown for a day i would send them to the store so they can eat sandwich, the will have bacon, eggs and cheese with mayo and ketchup on a hero and a Rica orange  juice .the meal that represent my hometown is the bacon egg and cheese and also another good meal in my hometown is […]

Yeury February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
Hometown Food

I’ll send that person to my favorite fast food place, which is called Yuyi Riki. This place makes the best yaroas, with a good seasoned meat above some fries and a touch of ketchup and mayo with cheese at the top. Yaroa is very simple to make but the best yaroa that I ever had is from Yuyi Riki. Print […]

Carolina February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
take it back

yes that happen to me one time i was trying to send my dad a private message but insted i send it to my mom by mistake and i call her a tell her that it was not for her it was for my dad. Print this page.

Dewry January 28, 2022 January 28, 2022
college

everyone should  go to college but college is not for everybody but the people that want to go to college they can go achieve a better career they can go but the people that just want to graduate from high school and get a job they can do that either way it work the same way. Print this page.

Dewry January 28, 2022 January 28, 2022
LUTE-STEM TGIF Meeting January 28, 2022

January 28, 2022, 6:00-7:00 p.m. Paul and Marina will be joined by Maritza Merino and Laura Duran who will share examples of how they made use of the tech tools that they learned about this summer.  6:00 – 6:15 Meet and Greet with Habits of Mind – Let’s each talk about one thing we did this week that makes us feel […]

Paul January 28, 2022 January 28, 2022
Directions How big a problem is bullying in your school or community? Where is it most likely to happen? What do you think adults don’t know or understand about bullying? What advice might you give a younger student on this topic?

Directio