Has attachment Title Author Created Last Edited Group Tags
One thing you did over the February break that makes you feel good about yourself.

One thing I did during the February break that made me feel good about myself was going out to dinner for my friend birthday . I enjoy dressing cute and going out because that’s a way of releasing stress and also enjoy myself. We took amazing pictures, had good meals and even some drinks . Overall certain things went wrong […]

Cristy March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
What have you been taught about slavery ?

During elementary and middle school years I learned about so many cultures and world history and what mostly everything had in common was slavery. Slavery has impacted the world in many negative ways and till this day it still affect us. Slavery always been a major subject required for all of us to learn about in school or society so […]

Cristy March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
What do you and your friends discuss about race and class?

When it comes to speaking on race in class there can be a division that sometimes can lead to a comparison between Hispanic and Black. Usually those are the major races I around myself with so that’s what defines me. Sometimes theses conversations can turn into inside jokes or what we have similar and don’t but also union and love. […]

Cristy March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
Journal entry

the one thing i did in the february break is i when to my cousin house for 3 days because i haven see him in mad long Print

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

i been told that slavery was really bad because they use the to work for then like they are toys Print

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

about the tiger woods accident it was really bad i hope he’s ok Print

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was i help my mom cleaning the house Print

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was watch movies all night Print

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

is better to grow up now than it was back then because now we have internet and phone and computer and back then people did not have those things and life is better now then it was back then Print

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
What problems in your community do you think the local government (mayor, congressperson) should try to solve?

That’s an interesting question. One of the things I need to figure out is how change happens in the different neighborhoods in the Bronx. Brian Lehrer is doing a series each week on West Farms 10460 https://www.wnyc.org/story/west-farms-10460-overview/ and I’m learning from this how difficult it is to change a neighborhood like this. Okay… so I want to get this series […]

Paul March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
local problems In New York City

New Yok City is a very big and amazing city, but it has some problem that I think should be solved. First, New York City has a very high population density and could be a big problem in the sense of transports. As you know because of high traffic in the city, the citizens has to highly use the common […]

Tristan March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021

The local issues i believe that our mayor should try to solve, are the pot holes and stray animal issues. Pot holes cause many car accidents, especially on the express-way. There are usually always accidents on the express-way where cars are speeding and lose control because of pot holes. Print

Cristin March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Harder to grow up now than it was in the past?

Is it harder to grow up now than it was in the past? Because the thing is we were all little we didn’t have to do this or that and nw since we are growing we have to our part and to learn when we move out from our parents house we have gets a job , cleaning, cooking, doing […]

Cristin March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
Harder to grow up now?

I think things balance themselves out as time progresses. Technology has made many things easier, cooler, faster, but it is ruining the environment. There is more acceptance of difference and diversity than there was a century ago, but the conversations, places where we disagree, are often difficult and painful. Print

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
Journal entry

is better now because in the past the life style was different we have phone and the internet Print

Dewry March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
is it harder to grow up today than it was in the past? Why or why no

Oh, I don’t know. I mean, it has to be really hard now if you are a young person growing up with the uncertainty, sadness, and just trauma of this pandemic then I don’t think there’s any question that you have to have some sort of grit, some fortitude, some ability to grapple — or as I’ve learned from a […]

Paul March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
Advantages of growing Up today compared to the past

In this days it’s really amazing to grow up because of the internet and technological advance the society has done compared to the last years. In our current society kids can grow up in a very cool way because they their mental capacities developed more faster and better than the kids of the past years. Today a kid from 5 […]

Tristan March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
places we love

I go home  I walk up the stairs  i feel a warm comfort that no other place could give me a open area for whatever i want to do Using the computer like theres no other day Enjoying myself like theres no one to bother me Print

Douglas March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is practice for my driver test so i can one day get my dream car and i am so happy about it and i am just practice more and more into i am ready for the real test. Print

Cristin March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
Portrait Realism

This weekend was as normal as any day of the week. But this weekend, I just added some hours of drawing so cool myself and be better in my art works This Saturday I decided to do a realistic portrait of the the actor Dwayne Johnson with graphite pencils. This was really funny and cool because it’s being a moment […]

Tristan March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
One thing I did that makes me feel good about myself

Okay, so I started working on a curriculum that is Bronx-centered and focused on the current primary season. I was going to write about upcoming elections, but we are in the middle of it already! What I think I’m figuring out is how to build a new project out of existing playlists — thinking about how to make them more […]

Paul March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
Taking a knee

People always have a purpose behind their actions. Athletes just like us sometimes have tuff history and believes they protests and stand on. Taking a knee is a different way of protesting for a cause in the most respectful and peacefully way . I totally agree on taking a knee on important and famous events  because is a way of […]

Cristy March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
where im from

I am from acer my monitor, from bounty and logitech   I am from the jungle gym in the park  a few streets away from me   I am from the chinese food the subway smells  the halal food stands   i am from chicken and duck   from my dad and mom   from jokesters, and hand me downs […]

Douglas February 28, 2021 February 28, 2021
Why is race so difficult to talk about?

I believe race is so difficult to talk about for many different reasons, Your race besides your name can be one of the major aspect to define you as a person. Most of the time the way we live , dress and behave has a lot to do with our race and the history behind it . Racism has to […]

Cristy February 28, 2021 February 28, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is reading a book for driving cause i am going to take my driver test soon and i did a practice quiz and i got a 18 out of 18 so 100% so that good for a first time and wish me good luck. Print

Cristin February 25, 2021 February 25, 2021
Planning My Future

Yesterday I had really good time and decided to think about my future what I really wanted to do. Since two years already I really got interested by the Animation world, By animation I’m talking about the job of production and commercialisation in general. I planned to first do my college in the computer science and graphical illustrations before thinking […]

Tristan February 25, 2021 February 25, 2021
I found food in the freezer

Sometimes I feel lazy about cooking, but we gotta eat! Sometimes that means we order food, but we try not to do that too often, because it’s more expensive, and it involves more plastic waste and garbage, and it’s a little risky in the pandemic. So, I went digging in the freezer, and I found something I could cook. This […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 25, 2021 February 25, 2021
Tyger wood injured

I got the information of this incident just today and its really a good coincidence with the journal I’m supposed to write today. As I wok up today at 6 A.M, I was shocked by the breaking news of the famous Golfer Tyger Wood, It have been told that the Cops where called at 7A.M and that the Golfer was […]

Tristan February 24, 2021 February 24, 2021
What is a story in the news that has caught your attention recently?

Let’s see… I’m interested in all of the go back to school news/controversy because I think different groups — parents, teachers, policymakers — talk around each other and rarely are youth considered. And it is such a different question at the different ages. Within that whole thing, I can’t believe that the Biden administration is saying that NY tests have […]

Paul February 24, 2021 February 24, 2021

Well the covid 19 cause all i see in the news is covid about the vaccine and less people are dying which that good since the number went less to 46,562. But this covid has affect everyone their loves one died more are losing jobs others are fighting and getting bored of each other during this covid 19. Print

Cristin February 24, 2021 February 24, 2021
The News

The news that has been catching my attention most recently is the violence in the NYC subway. Last week, a homeless man stabbed three other homeless people, one of the died, and one of the stabbings happened at my home station, which is 181st street, on the A train line. I know that mental illness made that happen, and the […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 24, 2021 February 24, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing over the past 24 hours is looking for a job and also soon on april i will get my id and i am happy about it to get a job soon and my id as well and that show as a young girl i could go to school while still working. Print

Cristin February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
Journal entry

on my opinion slavery is not good because they use the people to do the work for them. Print

Dewry February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
slavery

Slavery, that’s a topic that I’m particularly interested on as an African youth. In my country this topic is really common in education and there is one that particularly touched me, and that was the Haitian rebellion lead by ‘Toussaint Louverture’ This slave rebellion started in 1791 and was the most successful of all because of the strong conviction of […]

Tristan February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
What I was taught about slavery

I remember learning about slavery’s wrongness long before I really understood its economic meaning. I’d even go as far to say that I learned it was wrong before I knew what it was. It was a sort of knee-jerk education in terms of the word and context. I remember thinking in terms of the Civil War, “the North was good […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
What have you been taught about slavery up until now?

There are a few recent bubbles of thought bouncing around in my head. I was just listening to a history professor — the president of Rutgers College — talking about how you can’t understand American history without understanding that America was built on the institution of slavery. Yesterday, a student who is reading Stamped asked if the is slavery anymore. […]

Paul February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
The Culpability of the Texas State Government in Recent Texas Winter Storm

With so many problems plaguing our country today one would think state governments would be taking action to avoid further complicating matters, especially a prideful state government. However, this apparently is not the case when it comes to the Texas state government whose arrogant amount of self-confidence prevented them from making the decisions necessary to prevent a winter storm from […]

Victoria February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Well over the past 24 hours i did was went to my computer check each of works i miss and do it and not only that i was helping one of my friend with his homework since he needed to learn spanish and he doesn’t know it so he went to me of course as a good friend  i teach […]

Cristin February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
Journal entry

one think i did this week was i when to my cousin baby shower and he is having a boy, and we was drinking liquor and next day i was watching movie all day and later that day i make some home make taco with my mom. Print

Dewry February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
On the up and up, I hope

Well, I started the February break by getting my second COVID vaccination, so that makes me feel a little more hopeful that as more people get the vaccinations, the closer we can get to a more normal situation (I think some things have changed forever, but not everything). However, just a day or two after that, both of my parents, […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
One thing I did over the break hat makes me feel good about myself

Let’s see, I solved a problem, but this doesn’t really seem worth writing about. But maybe. On Youth Voices, we have these “Habits of Mind” awards we can give to students, and when Chris Sloan gave one 10 days ago, I said that it was like putting a star at the top of a student’s paper — except it was […]

Paul February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
Media Diversity

Do movies and TV reflect the racial and cultural makeup of the USA yet?  One of the ways in which films affect society is by expanding our knowledge of history and culture . Some movies are like history lessons to the viewers, since they show real life past events. Films  also describe and explore different cultures around the world. Print

Cristin February 11, 2021 February 11, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 2-9-21

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is helping my mother since she was very sick and i took care of her and feed her and others things as well that show me i am a good daughter to her and it very important to help sick people to get better and that make people know you are […]

Taking a Knee

What do you think about professional sports players kneeling as a protest action before games? I think Many people adults and youth alike look up to athletes, giving them the power to influence public opinion. Print

Even though i wasn’t here i know me and my classes will have different opinion when it come to race. Print

Why is race so difficult to talk about?

Talking About Race is a new web portal from the museum that’s meant to spark discussion, community building and self-care after the horrifying death of George Floyd at the hands of police. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 2-2-21

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is learning how to do different hairstyle that make me feel good cause one day  i want to do be a hairstyle and someday build my own company. Print

Journal entry

one think i did in the last 24 hours was help my mom with the laundry and that make me feel good about my self because i like helping my mom Print

Dewry February 10, 2021 February 10, 2021
Journal entry

Yes, because there are a lot of films that are about culture in all countries. Print

Muncho Chamba poqito dinero

I am currently at work. This is my 9-5. I am the person in charge of the kitchen. This job is a lot of responsibility more than taking care of a new born baby. I work in the Lower East Side (LES) in a Mexican restaurant called Barrio Chino. My responsibility here is to make sure that every single plate […]

Steven February 9, 2021 February 9, 2021
Journal entry

think is important to take a knee before games because that is like you pay respect to other people and even the people don’t like that and they think is disrespectful in my opinion i think they should because that being respectful. Print

Dewry February 8, 2021 February 8, 2021
Take a Knee

I approve of taking a knee during the national anthem as a sign of protest. I’m aware that it makes some people very angry; however, I see it as a quiet yet visible expression of one’s right to disagree with many things that are done in the name of their country and their flag. As it is, when the national […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 8, 2021 February 8, 2021
Defining the Need for Skills Acknowledgements

Why do we need skills, an assessment tool, on Youth Voices? Fair question, especially since simplicity is the key to success for online learning systems. But also, asking youth to pay attention to recommending each other for skills and also creating them for us to use all takes time away from other reading and writing and learning they might be […]

Paul November 1, 2020 February 5, 2021
Why is it sometimes difficult to talk about race?

That’s a great question. Even the first thing that came into my head seems like it’s wrong to say, and I want to edit the thought or correct it before I say it. So this is a good example. What I want to say is that race is used too often in ways that are unhelpful to understanding the problem. […]

Paul February 3, 2021 February 5, 2021
Journal entry

Because is to many race with young children parenting to be bully Print

Dewry February 5, 2021 February 5, 2021
Journal entry

One think i did in the last 24 hours it was watch movie with my brother and my mom Print

Dewry February 5, 2021 February 5, 2021
My classmate’s reaction about race issues

In general I don’t really talk about this delicate issue with my school mates but in some particular cases I do talk with them about it, and their reactions are pretty surprising. In the following paragraph I will be discussion with you on their personal opinion and what I really think about it. Most of my classmates are from Africa […]

Tristan February 4, 2021 February 4, 2021

When the topic of race and class come up, my friends feel that the ‘White’ people run the country. I feel like Hispanic, blacks, and people of other ethnic are the reason why America runs. There is a lot of back and forth because they believe that the working class should always provide for the wealthy. But I believe that […]

Steven February 4, 2021 February 4, 2021

There’s no short answer to this question, so I’ll just tell a story: About 5 years ago, there was a woman in the news a lot named Rachel Dolezal. She was a professor of African and African American Studies at a college in Oregon, and she was very active in politics in the Pacific Northwest. As it turns out, she […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 4, 2021 February 4, 2021
Race is Difficult to Talk About

Wow, it’s even difficult to write about. Why? In my experience, it’s because I don’t want to hurt anyone, or say anything that could be construed as racist, and also be truthful. Being truthful can expose the holes in one’s knowledge, otherwise known as ignorance. Over the years, through some painful lessons, I’ve started to find ways to ask questions […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 3, 2021 February 3, 2021
Why is it difficult to talk about race

Race have been a very delicate subject to talk about since many years. since the annexation eve in the 1880’s race have been a kind of subject matter or conflicts around the world due to critical factors like skin color, culture and more factors which have caused bloody battle through the years . Racism is the most common negative effects […]

Tristan February 3, 2021 February 3, 2021
drawing

I’m drawing since I’m a little kid and I really to do that. Last week I decided to do some arts and share it on my instagram page because I think I’m really good at that and maybe can be a major icon on web through my art. I first drew Morgan freeman and I was feeling really good because […]

Tristan February 2, 2021 February 2, 2021
Managing posts on Youth Voices

It’s not such a noticeable thing I do, but I went through about 20 posts on Youth Voices yesterday, editing and making sure that each post is a good as it can be — and that it is in a category that fits the UN Sustainable Goals, and there is. tag to the school page, and a proper image, and […]

Paul February 2, 2021 February 2, 2021
Digital journal

I do think remote learning should be an option for those who want it because it may be easier for them , from my own experience I actually liked it Print

Brendaly January 26, 2021 January 26, 2021
The Impact of Pollution on Ducks

Imagine: you are a toddler, shopping with your mother. On your way from the car to the store, you walk across a bridge that vaults over a river. Three ducks suddenly rise from the banks of the river and soar up, over the bridge and past you. In awe, you tug on your mother’s hand and point at them with […]

Rachel January 23, 2021 January 23, 2021
A Continuation of the analysis of To HIs Coy Mistress- R*pe Culture and Rejection

TW: rape/discussions of violence against women/mentions of sexual content With the resurgence of the Me Too movement, discussions of rape culture, and the discourse as a whole over women’s experiences in the world and how everything from the way we dress to how we breathe revolves around men. The internalized male gaze and compulsive heterosexuality Are two examples of the […]

Emma January 22, 2021 January 22, 2021 feminism, poetry, rosary high school
alien evasions

Aliens came to my home and took my sister about a year ago. We have been looking for her  since. Recently, I had these feelings that she is really  close by.  So, i went to look for her and i saw her in an alleyway but she wasn’t normal, she was glowing green and she was eating something that […]

Kylah January 22, 2021 January 22, 2021
Remote option

Now that you have had a chance to experience remote learning, do you think it should always be an option for those who want it? Why or why not? Some students learn better at their own pace  At the same time, remote learning allows students to wake up later than they would for a typical school day. The extra sleep […]

Cristin January 21, 2021 January 21, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 1-25-21

one thing i did over the past 24 hours is modeling since i am getting a job and i wanted to do model of course so they wanted to see how i walk also doing pics. Print

Mission Catastrophe

“2 days before the end of the world.” It was a normal day for the town of quinlittle, but little did they know something catastrophic was coming their way. There’s a family called the Kimilo’s. One day Tony Kimilo and his father Jeffrey Kimilo the meteorologist were in the woods studying the weather. Tony’s father knew something was off and […]

Ahmir January 21, 2021 January 21, 2021
Emergency Services

Emergency services,  hospital workers in particular.  Hospital workers go through thick and thin working.    They are the only people I know that work day and night, 24/7.  I praise hospital workers because they are strong human beings.  They may work 20 hours straight  and still have the ability to come back and do it again the next day.  […]

Ahmir January 19, 2021 January 21, 2021
Digital Journal

I think maybe 9 or 10 and below is too young for an iPhone because they won’t really need it yet Print

Brendaly January 21, 2021 January 21, 2021
Digital journal

today for Inauguration Day I feel happy that trump is finally getting kicked out of office and we will now have joe Biden officially as our president so misery will finally come to an end Print

Brendaly January 20, 2021 January 20, 2021
Equal.

We all a have soul.    We all have a heart.    We all  bleed.    We all cry .    We all live .    We all die.     I’m not any different than you.   You are not any different than me.    We are all made equally.                      […]

Jahnya January 20, 2021 January 20, 2021
Journal entry

am going to say that young is like 14 to 15 for a teenager to have a smart phone because thats a good age for a teenager to have a phone for example they may be going into high school freshmen year and they need to have a phone. like me i got my first phone went i was 16 […]

Dawry January 19, 2021 January 19, 2021
Journal entry

am going to say that young teenager at 16 because they discover new things as they growing up Print

Dewry January 19, 2021 January 19, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 1-21-21

That’s day i went shopping to buy some dress for my bday on the 27 of this month and went to do my nails also buying crown. Print

Cristin January 17, 2021 January 17, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Over the past 24 hours i did was doing my work from my other classes. Print

single mother hood

Having two kids is a hard thing but u have to stay strong for ur kids. You have to be the mother and father.  You might have to work multiple jobs.  Being a single mother is a struggle but its worth is once u see what you have created.  All the hard work pay off.  But the real struggle is […]

Kylah January 15, 2021 January 15, 2021
Digital Journal

Something I did over the last 24 hours is take my dog for a walk and this shows that I care about my dogs physical state Print

Brendaly January 14, 2021 January 14, 2021
Their eyes were watching god

Janie is a  character her archetype changes dynamics over the course of the book. At the beginning of the book she is the archetypal survivor. This can be seen on paragraph 5 of part three, where the author writes:   “She hated her grandmother and had hidden it from herself all these years under a cloak of pity. She had […]

Brendaly January 13, 2021 January 13, 2021
Digital Journal

One thing I did over the last 24 hours is drink ginger lime tea in order to help me with stress and Anxiety, and what that says about me is that I care about my mental and physical state Print

Digital Journal

what makes a good teacher?, what makes a good teacher is Patiences so they won’t get annoyed when having to explain the work multiple times when someone doesn’t understand and being able to explain the work in a way the students will understand Print

Journal entry

if you work hard you will succeed in the future Print

Dewry January 13, 2021 January 13, 2021
Journal entry

for me i think hard work is important because if you work really hard you going to become something in the future Print

Dawry January 13, 2021 January 13, 2021
Smartphone

How young is too young for a kid to have a smartphone? Why? I feel like a kid should gets a phone when they are responsibility with it also when they are a bit older like 6 to 8 grade. Print

Cristin January 12, 2021 January 12, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Helping my mother with her paper she needed help with before she went to DR. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Nothing much i did in that date of dec 9th i was just sitting on my couch watching tv. Print

What is a Hero?

What is a hero? a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities: “a war hero.” Also brave man, champion man of courage, great man. Print

Other Parts of the World

Should we care about events in other parts of the world? Why or why not? We should care about events happening in other parts of the world so we can make friends with those parts, because that way we won’t have to go to war with them and we will have peace. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 12-23-20

i was with my grandma place since my mom left to DR so i spend New year and Christmas with her and my uncle and my brother. Print

Another Language

Should everyone learn at least one other language? Why or why not?  I mean is depends on them if they wants to or not but for me i know English and Spanish but i also learning to speak french as well. Print

Teacher’s Identity

Does your teacher’s identity affect the way you learn from her/him? Why or why not? No i mean they should’t because that how the way they learn there no reason to feel that way at all people teach others different way that how life is. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 1-7-21

spending time with my family. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 1-14-21

Just doing all the homework i just missing to catch up with my grades since i am doing well with my credits i went 7 up. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Just cashing up with the homework i am missing that all. Print

Good teacher

What makes a good teacher teaching students on what to do , helps them, be there for them when they need the opportunity from the teachers. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Nothing much just looking for dresses for my 18 birthday coming up soon. Print

Journal entry

a good teacher is a person who help you doing your work one time i was file the class and she helped me finish my and that approval that i want to pass the class. Print

Dewry January 12, 2021 January 12, 2021
Journal entry

what makes a good teacher is a teacher that help you like one time when i was in middle school and i need it to do a project and i did finish it i told that i was going to file the class and she help me do it and i did the project and i past the class. Print

Dawry January 12, 2021 January 12, 2021
Journal entry

I am afraid of the zoo because is some of the animal that I dont like for example lion and snake and crocodile and bears. Print

Dewry January 11, 2021 January 11, 2021
Journal entry

is important to learn at least another language because if you know different languages thats going to help you in the future like getting a job or you can make your own work. like for example me i know spanish and English am from the dominican republic and i came over hear when i was 12 years old and know […]

Dawry January 11, 2021 January 11, 2021
Digital Journal

Something I did in the past 24 hours is science work and what this shows about me is that I’m trying to stay on track and not be behind on work Print

Brendaly January 11, 2021 January 11, 2021
values

My family has many important values, the 2 values that i will discuss in this essay are citizenship and Determination these values are important because of three main reasons  . 1 bceuase we believe helping out community is good. 2, we believe that once u do something u have to finish it  no matter how hard. The first value my […]

Kylah January 8, 2021 January 8, 2021
2020 is hindsight

The year 2020 was interesting, to say the least. Today in class we’ll reflect on the past year. Annotate the article A Year Like No Other, The Year in Pictures 2020 on NowComment (Links to an external site.). Add at least three comments or replies to other people’s comments, or to the images themselves. Comment on one of the posts that is […]

Chris Sloan January 7, 2021 January 7, 2021
Digital Journal

Independence-now that I’m an adult I think independence is something that I really need to learn like me getting a job to earn my own money diligence-I want to be more focused on my work   growth-oriented – I want to better myself and work on things I feel like I need improvement on Print

Brendaly January 6, 2021 January 6, 2021
Digital Journal

My teachers identity doesn’t affect how I learn from him/her because I don’t think about it Print

Habits Labels and Links

User input lable: Choose a user whose work, in your opinion, demonstrates this habit. Nomination button text: Click here to add this habit to the profile of a user who has work that shows this ability, power, practice, or disposition. Notes input label: Describe and paste links to this user’s work that shows this habit in action. (The box expands.) […]

Paul January 5, 2021 January 5, 2021
Digital Journal

Yes people should learn at least one other language because then they’ll be able to communicate with more people and it can help them get jobs cause it attracts more of a variety of customers Print

Brendaly January 5, 2021 January 5, 2021
Their eyes were watching god

Now that I’ve read over half of  “Their Eyes Were Watching God” by Zora Neal Hurston.  I appreciate this book because it gives me a deeper insight on how life was back then for an African American woman. It makes me think on how some of these women may still be facing those same struggles in this day and age.  […]

Brendaly December 31, 2020 December 31, 2020
Digital journal

I think we should care about events in other parts of the world because if they are in need of help and we have the resources in order to provide that help then we should , since if we were in that position we would also want help . Print

Why and How to Make Youth Voices Your Locus of Assessment

In the early 90s my colleagues at University Heights High School and I collaborated with David Niguidula, David Allen, and others from the Coalition of Essential Schools on a digital portfolio and assessment process. Our goal was to work with each of our students to produce a collection of digital artifacts to represent their habits of heart, mind, and work […]

Paul December 23, 2020 December 24, 2020
why important to worry about other countries and other people

that it is important to worry about other countries and other people in the world because we do not know when one of us may be in a pre-dangerous situation oh needy for example people from different countries who are sick and who are in need of the vaccine of the disease of the covid 19 to be able to […]

Yeiro December 22, 2020 December 22, 2020 juarnal
Should we care about events in other parts of the world why or why not?

What about the vaccine for the Coronavirus and who gets it first? I’ve been frustrated with an almost total focus in the United States on who gets it here first. And I’ve never been sure about what happens in other countries. Are rich, western (and Russia and China… ) going to get the vaccine first? When we think about distributing […]

Paul December 22, 2020 December 22, 2020
It’s All Connected

This is an easy one for me: yes, we should care about things that happen in other parts of the world. A great example is the smoke that traveled all the way across the country from the fires in California a few months ago. California is 3000 miles away, but we had the smoke in our sky for a few […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 22, 2020 December 22, 2020
Digital journal

A hero is someone who saves and protects other people from danger , someone who you can look up to . Print

Brendaly December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020
Journal entry

my mom is my superhero because she always there for me and my brother Print

Dawry December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020
Journal entry

A hero for me is a person that is always there for me, as always my mom protects me and my brother when we need her she is always there for us, and that way my mom is my hero. Print

Dewry December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020
Definitely more than a sandwich

I define a hero as someone who is willing to push through fear, discomfort, inconvenience, pain, or loss in order to achieve a goal for a greater good, even if it’s just helping one other person. They are afraid, and aware of difficulty, and they persist and do it anyway. Print

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020
What is a hero?

I resist the whole idea that someone can be a hero, although I’ve spent some time reading about Naomi Osaka who probably is a hero of mine right now. See this. Part of what I like about her is her ability to be great at what she does (play tennis) and pay attention to what is going on in the […]

Paul December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020
COVID-19 in the Native American community

COVID-19, the little virus from Wuhan which is now a worldwide humanitarian crisis, has wreaked havoc on the United States. Not only is the virus particularly nasty on its own, the government’s response has been less than adequate. As a completely separate issue, Native Americans in the United States have been consistently marginalized and backed into corners for the last […]

Kurt December 20, 2020 December 20, 2020
English Final

If you guys could give me advice on what to add to my English final that would be awesome! 🙂 Print

Katie A. H. December 19, 2020 December 19, 2020
Gentrification in Native Americans

Gentrification  Cyrus Elder 12/16/20 I chose to study Gentrification because not only does it have a big impact on Native Americans, but it also affects the community I live in. Gentrification is when people native to an area get forced to leave due to not being able to pay for their homes because of the increase of pricing. The more […]

Cyrus December 18, 2020 December 18, 2020
6 word learning story

Am I on the right path. Print

Zahir December 16, 2020 December 18, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

oh nothing new just the same things as always. Print

Cristin December 17, 2020 December 17, 2020
Something I did in the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself… what this shows about me.

I enjoyed getting together with other teachers from all over the country to just check-in, see how each of us was feeling… but also get a sense of what is next in our work together on NowComment and Youth Voices. At least I kept listening for what questions were coming up about our work with students. One thing I noticed […]

Paul December 17, 2020 December 17, 2020
Digital Journal

In the past 24hrs I have played with my dog and that shows that I give my dog attention Print

Brendaly December 17, 2020 December 17, 2020
TTT

Something I did last night that made me feel good about myself is that I went to a meeting of teachers called Teachers Teaching Teachers. I like the people who participate and I always learn something new. Last night I listened to teachers who are getting a lot of student participation, and some who are getting very little student participation. […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 17, 2020 December 17, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

trying to look for a job i miss working like last year when  i was working in publicolor i made money and i wanted to make my own money again and for the future to saved when i get my own place. Print

Cristin December 16, 2020 December 16, 2020
Bystanders

Do bystanders have a responsibility to intervene when there is trouble? yes because if you see a two people hitting each other you have to step up and break them apart, don’t let them hurt each other. Print

Bystanders

When I am close enough to trouble to have a good idea what is going on, I try to do what I can without putting myself in danger. I do this because I’d like to think someone might help me if I were in trouble, even if it were to make a phone call from safely across the street. Sometimes […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 16, 2020 December 16, 2020
Digital Journal

I don’t think a bystander has the responsibility to intervene when there’s trouble , it would be nice if they did help but they aren’t obligated to , it isn’t like they are the cops or know that person and helping them out might lead to them also being hurt in the situation Print

Brendaly December 16, 2020 December 16, 2020
That which does not kill us…

I guess it depends on the type and degree of suffering. I think that hard work and some degree of struggle builds character and resilience, and those are positive assets. Nevertheless, some things can damn near break and ruin us – childhood trauma, abuse, and the suffering that follows – and greatly hinder our efforts at achieving our goals. Think […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 15, 2020 December 15, 2020
Do suffering and struggle make us stronger and lead to success? Why or why not?

Struggle and suffering seem like two different things here, so let me take them apart. Suffering is what happens to you and sometimes there are terrible things that happen that don’t make us stronger at all. I think we accept this on a physical level. When we contract a disease that slows us down we don’t imagine that we are […]

Paul December 15, 2020 December 15, 2020
Digital journal

I think suffering and struggles does make us stronger , it helps us learn life lessons and teaches us ways to resolve problematic situations faster Print

Brendaly December 15, 2020 December 15, 2020
Suffering and Struggle

Do suffering and struggle make us stronger and lead to success?  no because many people just end up giving up on them self. Also is hard to some of us not all of get through it. Print

Cristin December 15, 2020 December 15, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

planning stuff for my 18th birthday that coming up next month. Print

Assemblage of Ideas: Tuesdays With Morrie Quote

Print

Ben December 15, 2020 December 15, 2020
Their eyes are watching god

Further into “their eyes are watching god “ Jania and joe moved to a town made for Pocs (people of color) and in this town they see that there isn’t much progress taking place so joe takes it upon himself to buy more land in order to expand and make more room for there  to be new work places and […]

Brendaly December 14, 2020 December 14, 2020
The Popularization of Rubber Ducks

The Popularization of Rubber Ducks       One object has floated consistently through the lives of most people, shining bright, yellow, and cheerful. A toy present at bath time for babies, prominent in advertisements, shows, and an overall quiet presence in life: rubber ducks. The rise of rubber ducks into fame is characterized by the development of the duck into what is […]

Rachel December 11, 2020 December 11, 2020 Rubber Ducks
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

nothing much i just do my works even though i don’t be on my meetings i still do the works. Print

Cristin December 11, 2020 December 11, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

just doing my hw just to get good grades. Print

Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was yesterday i make rice for me and my brother and that show about me that i like cooking Print

Dewry December 10, 2020 December 10, 2020

Let’s see. Yoga… TTT … Ah, maybe that. I’ve been trying to create a set of curriculum materials that include both “How to” do the technology instructions and instructions for how to write a poem AND a template that would — for some — pull it all together. And I’ve been trying some of this out. Last night a teacher […]

Paul December 10, 2020 December 10, 2020
Being myself

This weekend I took my kids on a hike in the mountains (yes, it was really cold!). When we got there, I was fussing around with my backpack and my phone, getting things ready to go. While I was doing that, my daughter said to me, “I’m really glad you’re not the kind of mom who always needs the newest […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 9, 2020 December 9, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours was yesterday i when on a appointment and it was good because its been so long seen i when on a appointment. Print

Dewry December 9, 2020 December 9, 2020

The first thing that comes to mind is running. Yesterday I started running a third time each day. What happens is that I try to increase the distance I run 10% every week, and I’m up to ten miles a day. If you do the math you can see that if I go out twice a day, I’m running for […]

Paul December 9, 2020 December 9, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours  was that i make food for me and my brother because it was nobody home yesterday and what that shows about me is that i like making food. Print

Dawry December 9, 2020 December 9, 2020
Assembled Ideas

I did this for “There are not schizophrenics, there are people with schizophrenia…” What are your thoughts on it? Print

Madison December 8, 2020 December 8, 2020
Digital Journal

I think somethings  happen for a reason like the virus happened to help the environment with like air pollution Print

Brendaly December 8, 2020 December 8, 2020
Does everything happen for a reason?

Probably not, but I think life is easier to take if you look for reasons in everything that happens. So I would never take a tragedy — like my son’s dog getting sick and having is front, right leg amputated — but I do this rationalization in my head about how we will still love the puppy and maybe even […]

Paul December 8, 2020 December 8, 2020
Toxic Masculinity

Adherence to traditional male gender roles that consequently stigmatize and limit the emotions boys and men may comfortably express while elevating other emotions such as anger is what toxic masculinity is defined as. Toxic masculinity plays a big role in our daily lives and we see it all the time on social media, in movies, out in public, and pretty […]

Sara December 7, 2020 December 7, 2020
How much control do you think you have over how your life turns out? Why? Write your response in a Youth Voices Journal Doc

Control? Ah, I was walking in the park on Saturday. It was a very windy day and we were walking just above the Hudson River with gusts pulling us all around. Then I saw a dad with his daughter just about to fly a kite, and I remember thinking that this was an apt symbol of how little control we […]

Paul December 7, 2020 December 7, 2020
Digital journal

I think I have most control on how my life turns out because it’s my choice to study or do something that requires hard work in order to pursue a career Print

Brendaly December 7, 2020 December 7, 2020
Election Fraud

All the excitement for the November 3rd keeps on chugging, as President Trump claims widespread voter fraud. Proving this fraud could buy Trump another 4 years in office. But when I tried to research both sides to formulate my opinion, I found something interesting and infuriating. I could not find a single article that actually explained Trump’s side of the […]

dominic December 4, 2020 December 4, 2020 election, fraud, media, news, presidency
Voter Fraud

Election fraud is the talk of the town, but which side is actually true? Proving election fraud could buy Trump another 4 years in office. Researching the topic myself, I found something interesting. I literally could not find Trump’s side of the argument. All I could find are articles saying there was no fraud, or that Trump’s claims of fraud […]

December 3, 20

I chose a lone blue wolf as my profile picture because of their independence, complexity and intelligence. I want people to see my as a reliable individual who can be trusted, work hard, or do whats expect to be done. A lone wolf usually represents solitary, however, “a lone wolf is solitary and often alone, but she/he isn’t necessarily lonely, since […]

Amal December 4, 2020 December 4, 2020 journal
Their eyes are watching god

In the book “their eyes are watching god” I see it takes place back in the olden days ,following the lives of African Americans after slavery but we’re following their lives through the life of a young women named Janie and how she was brought up during these times not only as a African American but as a women . […]

Brendaly December 3, 2020 December 3, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

one thing i did over the past is doing my works that all i don’t be in my meetings but i still get the works done. Print

Cristin December 3, 2020 December 3, 2020
Walking the walk while parking the car

Something I did in the last 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself is that I figured out how to get a little exercise AND deal with parking my car, which is a nightmare in my neighborhood. I found a place in the park near my house that has 4 hour parking spaces, but no parking meters, so […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 3, 2020 December 3, 2020
Digital Journal

Something I did over the last 24 hours was drink tea in order to distress Print

Digital journal

I think hard work is more important because even if you have talent you still need to work hard in order to improve it Print

6 words – Brainstorm

Personality-                                      who am i-                             Believes- Mother                                 God fun                                                        proud Dominican                Things always happens for a reason shy at first always need answers scared to face my fears love to help others   I’m a proud Dominican who believes that things always happen for a reason. A young mother who always need answers.   Print

Keily December 2, 2020 December 2, 2020
Which is more important: talent or hard work? Why?

I feel like hard work is more important because if you have a purpose and a vision about something you want to accomplish with hard work and dedication i feel like is the most secure way. A talent can get you places but i don’t think as much as your hard working. In fact i feel like everybody has a […]

Keily December 2, 2020 December 2, 2020
Talent or hard work?

In my experience, people are impressed, wowed, by talent. It makes us go ooOOooh, how’d she do that? It’s especially impressive when it seems effortless. However, through what I have seen in my lifetime, it rarely is effortless. Talent, or innate ability, can be the seed from which a skill or ability grows. But if you don’t apply hard work […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 2, 2020 December 2, 2020
What’s more important talent or hard work?

People who have talent without hard work are just more tragic in their failure. Maybe it’s not fair for me to think of my youngest son in this light, but when he reads a difficult novel and has brilliant insights, makes a painting, composes a poem, and write a piece of music, or when he sings in a choir and […]

Paul December 2, 2020 December 2, 2020 journal
Digital journal

My Family wants me to pursue a higher education , have a job and a home of my own . I would say my family is very supportive of whatever I would like to do with my life as long as I have something going for myself and I’m happy ,that’s all that really matters to them so I would […]

Brendaly December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020 Digital journal
Quote Collage

“When the world comes crashing at your feet, its okay to let others help pick up the pieces” – Rupi Kaur Print

Abigail December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
Journal entry

what my parents want me to do is finish school but what i want for me is to find a job for myself Print

Dewry December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
Journal entry

my family wants me to do what i want to do with my life but they also want me to be something in life Print

Dawry December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
Are you ready for this?

My mom told me when I was in MIDDLE SCHOOL that I would be a good English teacher. I was not impressed with that idea at the time, but look at me now. I hope I’m a good English teacher…. Print

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
An Assemblage of Ideas

Here is my quote and what I have been putting together for the past weeks. Print

Savannah December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
“Call your spirit back. It may be caught in corners and creases of shame, judgement, and human abuse.”- Joy Harjo

The photo below is part of my final project for English 11. It represents a quote from Joy Harjo that was used for weekly work a couple weeks back. I chose this quote because the poem is about learning to be yourself again, that’s my interpretation at least. It’s about being kind to yourself and reclaiming your personality and ambitions. […]

Jacqueline December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
What does your family want you to do once you are grown? Is it the same as what you want for yourself?

My family never had an specific thing for me that they want me to be once I’m grown but to be successful at whatever i choose to do with my life. I’m glad they are this way because it don’t give that pressure “oh i want you to this and do that” , they give me the right to be […]

Keily December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
Do parents have different hopes and standards for their sons than for their daughters? Why or why not?

I disagree with this because i feel like their shouldn’t be a difference. Both are your kids and both should be successful. Hope and standards should go for all your kids not just one because you love them both. Print

Keily December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
What can older people learn from your generation? What do older people misunderstand about young people today?

I feel like older people can learn from this generation many things like technology. Social media can be one of the things they can learn from , theirs many positive to gain from it. Also many new clothes styles. Old generation misunderstand young people today because that’s something they not used to it, and they misunderstand things work faster and […]

Keily December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
Write about something you are afraid of. Why are you afraid of it?

something I’m afraid of is not being able to see my son grow. This is a big thing for me because his my other half. The love i have for him is so big that only parents would understand. Also that’s my biggest fear because i know that’s something that he would remember for the rest of his life and […]

Keily December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
What is the best compliment you’ve ever been given? How did it make you feel?

The best compliment that i ever got was “you’re was a great mother”. It made me feel great about myself because as a young person it shows that I’m doing a good job and handling a big responsibility that a lot of people can’t. Print

Keily December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
“Being Our Best Self During Challenging Times”- Quote for Fall final

“What Would My Best Self Do Right Now?”- Marc Brackett Hi! The picture included is the project I have for my Fall final. The project can be a lot to take in at first, but all of it has its own special meaning. If you observe the piece, the project is split in two. The left half is covered […]

Katherine December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020 fall final, quote
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

one thing i did over those 24 hours is being a hard working. Print

Cristin November 30, 2020 November 30, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

one thing over the pass 24 hours is taking care of my family. Print

something that you did that make you think about your future

Something that I saw during the day yesterday that I made myself think about my future and what I thought about this was when I was cleaning the house and I stopped for a couple of minutes in front of the television a movie called my attention because it was about creating things and selling them so that gave me […]

Yeiro November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020 juarnal
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was, i was watching movie all day and that means that i like watching movie because i could learn. Print

Dewry November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours is that i watch you tube all night because i have a you tube channel my self and thats what i want to do in the future. Print

Dawry November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
Last 24hrs….

In the last 24hrs i had a dentist appointment, and i know it may sound weird but i love going to the dentist because is my dream job. I enjoyed being there because i got to ask my dentist about being a dentist and becoming one. Also i enjoyed seeing how they work and keep everything sanitized and clean. This […]

Keily November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020

It seems like a small thing but I started setting everybody up to have their comments from NowComment appear on their activity streams on Youth Voices. This is such a small thing when the student or teacher sees it, but it wasn’t small at all to get web engineers and designers to work together to have the comments on NowComment […]

Paul November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
La Casa en Mango Street

Last night I read this book aloud with my son, who is reading it in Spanish for school (6th grade). I think I sound terrible while I read, but he says it helps him so much, he gets 10/10 on his daily quiz, and I get practice too. I think it is a very hard book to translate, though, and […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
Journal entry

growing up my parents had more hopes for me than my sister because they always told me to go out more but my sister never go out she always home. Print

Dewry November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020
Journal entry

my parents got more hopes for me than my sister like my mom tell me everytime that i need to go out more dont be in the house but for my sister is different because my sister dont go out she always home so i dont understand. Print

Dawry November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020
do parents have different hopes and standards for their son

I believe that fathers have different hopes and less concern for men than for their daughters because men can defend themselves and can defend themselves in any way that is necessary and most women have to depend on others but the woman has a better hope of having a life with family than that of a man because women have […]

Yeiro November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020 juarnal
Digital Journal

I think their standards for their daughters is to prepare them for a husband and teach them how to cook and clean for them and the sons are suppose to make a lot of money so he can take care of the family , and I think this comes from the ideology that women are suppose to be housewives and […]

Brendaly November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020
Daughters and sons

Well, I have a son and I have a daughter. There are some things I will expect from them equally, such as trying to become the best people they can, to work hard for their achievements, to help others, to be responsible for their own happiness, to be part of the solution rather than the problem, to take care of […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020
what I would have wanted for my future generation and what I do not want?

What I would have wanted for the future generation of mine was that my generation be educated and that they try to become the most millionaire they can but that they be responsible for all the charge that all that money is worth bringing to them and that they never think negative that always think the good before the bad. […]

Yeiro November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020 juarnal
Journal entry

older people can learn about awar generation because awar generation is more fun back then everything was different from now like the music and the clothes . Print

Dawry November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020
Digital journal

older people think that a lot of teens are lazy ,drug addicts and  uneducated , A lot of young people are more open minded then the older generation and I think thats something they can learn is to see life from more then one perspective Print

Brendaly November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020
Generations

Being middle-aged, I feel like I’m in a good position in regards to multi-generational teaching and learning. What I can learn from the generation behind me is how to stay flexible as a learner; to embrace technological tools that will help and enrich my life and avoid their toxic potential. What I think it’s easy to misunderstand about the younger […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020
Does trauma bring strength?

I’ll write about the younger generation and what I might learn from them, what I might misunderstand about young people today. I think there is something about resilience in the younger generation, a strength that comes from having survived so many traumas. I don’t want to be overly romantic about this, but maybe there is something there worth learning about. […]

Paul November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020
Does everything happen for a reason?

Do you believe that everything happens for a reason? yes because that how life is. Print

Cristin November 22, 2020 November 22, 2020
Control

How much control do you think you have over how your life turns out? most of it even though my mom control most of my life when i was younger but as i got older my decisions were made by me since i am about to turn 18. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

what i did over the past 24 hours is doing hair because i know how i do different types of hairstyle and everyone like it and they think i could be a hairstyle and work in a salon. Print

Talent or Hard Work?

Talent because i have talent and is much better and you can get famous or popular with any talent you have. Print

When you’re grown

What does your family want you to do once you are grown? they just want me to be done with high school go to college and get a job to earn money and be a independent women. Is it the same as what you want for yourself yes because that what i always want to do and i do make […]

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

what i did over the past 24 hours is taking care of my dog that show me that i am caring owner to him and i do anything to him. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

What i did over the past 24 hours is watching baking video because one day i will love to learn to bake. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

one thing i did over the past 24 hours is looking for a job because i miss being in my job but now i am looking for one to earn money. Print

Do parents have different hopes and standards for their sons than for their daughters?

Yes because parents hope for sons to be manly,smart and also good at sports specially on the paternal side. Print

Generations

What can older people learn from your generation new ideas because young people learn faster than old people since they don’t be on  technology  as we do. What do older people misunderstand about young people today that everything we do bother them and everything we said to them they wouldn’t understand at all. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i over the past 24 hours is helping my mom cleaning and cooking. Print

What you are afraid of

what i am afraid of being alone and snake or getting in a accident. Print

The best compliment you’ve ever been given

I am very a hard working person that i try my best and give everything i have done. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Buying gifts to my loves one this mean that i am a sweet caring person anyhting you want i buy it for you. Print

Something that made me feel good about myself in the last 24 hours

Something that made me feel good about myself in the last 24 hours was that yesterday I decided to finish my work and housework before you went out, something that had to be done so I decided to finish the duties and the trades first before I had to do  things  outside so this means that even if it is […]

Yeiro November 19, 2020 November 19, 2020 juarnal
Sit right next to her

Something I did in the last 24 hours that make me feel good about myself was to sit right next to my daughter while she made up some assignments she was missing. It doesn’t sound like a big deal, but I am trying to get her to be more self-reliant when it comes to schoolwork, so I really wanted to […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 19, 2020 November 19, 2020
Born a crime 2

In the book “born a crime “ which takes place in South Africa during apartheid , goes into depths about a life of a biracial child and his upbringing along with the upbringing of people of color during this era, he explains the lack of opportunities , racial stereotyping ,discrimination and abuse people of color had to endure as well […]

Brendaly November 19, 2020 November 19, 2020
something i’m afraid of and why i’m afraid of it.

i’m afraid of all the animals because i think they going to vipe me Print

Dawry November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
Digital Journal

I’m afraid of death because i don’t know what’s going to happen after that Print

Brendaly November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
What am I afraid of?

I kind of don’t want to start listing the things I’m afraid of because I don’t want to think about them. Well, I can talk about street rats. They are the only thing I’m squeamish about and freaked out by. I just feel like they are going to come at me, run up my legs and bite me like a […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
Something I’m afraid of and why I’m afraid of it.

The “it” here has me a bit stumped… or at least has slowed my start. Let me see, I’m afraid of getting hurt, disease, dying, people who I love getting hurt, getting a disease, or dying. So that’s pretty big, a pretty big set of fears. And during Covid, well I guess it’s obvious. So yeah. isn’t it obvious why […]

Paul November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
Something that I’m really afraid of and why

Something that I am really afraid of and terrifies me is that some of the nightmares that I sometimes have come true in real life, these nightmares are me dying or being killed, so I am really afraid of my dreams because what happened to me in dreams are not good Print

Yeiro November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020 juarnal
Plastic Bags Are Affecting Our World

As you can see when you go to a restaurant, grocery shop, anywhere you go you will find at least something that has plastic in it. Plastic bags are so cheap and a very useful way of traveling food and things you buy in grocery shops, but plastic is a very harmful source to our planet because it can affect […]

Yuma November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
Born a crime

Paragraph 11 of “born a crime “ by Trevor Noah might leave a reader feeling upset because it explains that in the time of apartheid in South Africa you weren’t Offered any opportunities unless you were white or at least close to being white and this was followed by the ideology that being anything but white wasn’t right and viewed […]

Brendaly November 17, 2020 November 17, 2020
Digital journal

my teachers telling me I’m hardworking is the best compliment because I try my best to. Complete my work Print

My best compliment

One time in college, an old friend (who went to a different college) told me I wrote the best letters she’d ever read. This was back in the 90s, when email was just barely becoming a thing, so people mostly still wrote to each other, because it was also expensive to make long-distance calls on the phone. I loved writing […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 17, 2020 November 17, 2020
The best compliment you have ever received and how this makes me feel?

The first thing that came to mind is what people sometimes say about me that I like. It’s mainly that I ground my work with digital discourse in the theory and practice of composition. Ah… yes, I remember an exact moment when — oh, what was her name? I’ll look it up — but she was in a presentation that […]

Paul November 17, 2020 November 17, 2020
the best compliment that someone have said to you.

The best compliment that someone have said to me in my life was that they told me that my eyebrows were too beautiful and very big that many women would derive anything to have an eyebrows like that and that the pretty they are beautiful. I felt very good because a woman told me so and she really liked my […]

Yeiro November 17, 2020 November 17, 2020 juarnal
Power of language and social media

Today in our society, one of our strongest gifts that every one of us has is the power of language. We use our power of language every day to express our emotions, how we’re feeling, how we communicate, and to get our point across whatever that may be. We have many technologies and platforms today that help us express ourselves […]

Sara November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
About Me? How to ask youth to represent themselves.

One thing I did this weekend was I made a widget box work on everybody’s profile. That might not seem that important, but here’s how it might be. If you go to my profile, you will see two Web Stories in the biography section of my About You widget. This is what I would like students to do to. So […]

Paul November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
Journal entry

one think i did in the last 24 hours was i went bjs with my mom and that means that i like helping my mom Print

Dewry November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
Digital journal

One thing  I did in the weekend is eat a healthy meal of carrots and avocados and this shows how I care about my health Print

Brendaly November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020 Digital journal
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that i went out with my friends that i haven seen in a long time and what that shows about me is that i need to go out more. Print

Dawry November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
something good that make you feel good about yourself. during the week

Something I did during the week that made me feel good about myself and that shows that I am a kind person was that yesterday, on Sunday, my sister asked me for a favor from two weeks before to help her with the move that she was going to move and she had no one to help her so on […]

Yeiro November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020 juarnal
ZOO’S CRUEL TREATMENT AGAINST ITS ANIMALS WAS PICTURED

ZOO’S CRUEL TREATMENT AGAINST ANIMALS WAS PICTURED   Picture of XXX zoo’s treatment against animals is being an issue. The picture is showing a keeper kicking the moose that was about to fall into starvation. When this picture was posted on the internet, netizens were raging about Zoo’s treatment of its animal. However, this was not the only reason that […]

Hyeonseo November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
Plastic Littering

Hello, my name is Ava. I will be showing you an issue that I had noticed while walking and viewing Kuala Lumpur. The issue that I observed was that there was a lot of plastic littering. As you might know, plastic is very harmful to the environment because it exudes harmful toxins. To start taking action against this problem, I […]

Ava November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
Humans Are The One who harms Polar Bears

Today, humans burn fossil fuels, cut down trees to live comfortably. One example can be turning on lights when we don’t have to. Using electricity makes fossil fuels to be burnt, which causes global warming. Global warming harms lives like polar bears that live in the arctic. They lose their habitat and starve because they fail hunting. If you want […]

Ian November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
COVID-19 Is Dangerous and We Have To Wear Masks

Estefano Lacayo   October 21st, 2020   Dear Donald Trump, the world is trying it’s best to fight the Covid-19 pandemic. You, as the leader of one of the most powerful nations on earth, need to set an example for the people who need your guidance in these tough times. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), 45 million people […]

Estefano November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
The Psychological Effect of Negative Words

One morning, a girl woke up feeling very anxious after not sleeping very well because she was worried about a presentation she had to give in school. Her mother happened to be feeling annoyed due to the family dog throwing up in the shoes she had just bought the day before. As the girl’s mind was set on […]

Rachel November 14, 2020 November 15, 2020 #RHS
A Research Poster on Palm Oil

Palm oil is a rising threat to the environment and palm oil that is produced in the way that the majority of it is produced has a gigantic impact on the future of our planet. Although many of you are sure you know all about palm oil there might still be facts that you are not aware of and some […]

TommyP November 15, 2020 November 15, 2020
Animal testing

If you look around the world, you may think that animals are living happily and peacefully. Some of them are, but some of them are living painful and horrible lives you can’t even imagine. If you want to know why they are living in such a horrible life, watch this video and find out! I want guys to watch this […]

Flora November 15, 2020 November 15, 2020
Digital Journal

I did a assignment in art about Walt & Disney , about their struggles and how they met and how the company came to be and I think it’s meaning full because its nice to know someone’s back story and how they achieved success because it can inspire other people Print

Brendaly November 13, 2020 November 13, 2020
A new change for our future

This is for you and for car companies. Have you ever heard of the SDGs? They stand for Sustainable Development Goals. They are 17 goals made by the United Nation Conference in 2012 at Rio Janeiro. You can also check it out here. My main focus is to make car companies start selling more cars at a reasonable price for […]

Naho November 13, 2020 November 13, 2020
Digital Journal

Something that I do that is important is that I talk to my teachers when I’m having trouble with my work in order for me to complete it and pass my classes and that shows that I care about my grades and trying to graduate Print

Brendaly November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that yesterday i was home and i was lising to music the all day and what that shows about me is that i like lising to music. Print

Dawry November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Journal entry

the last think i did in the last 24 hours i was home watching movies all day yesterday and that shows about me that i like movie Print

Dewry November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Something significant in the past 24 hours

I finished a Web Story about annotations yesterday. This is important because of the medium and my learning in that medium and because the content is important. I wonder if I can embed it here. Oh let me just link to it under an image. That might be enough of a challenge. Let’s see, here’s a link: https://www.youthvoices.live/web-stories/comment-while-reading/ Print

Paul November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
journal entry

one thing that i did the last 24 hours that make me feel good about my self is that i saw a homeless man outside and he aid that he was hungry and i gave him some money so he can buy something to eat Print

Joan November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Positive Disruption

This morning, one of my coworkers was complaining about something they often complain about, and I overheard it, because they were in the stairwell right over the wall from my desk. It made me roll my eyes, because I don’t want to hear about it any more, and so early in the morning. Instead of going out to say something […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Give Education For Everyone

To: Middle school reluctant learners If you walk around the street, you may realize that some kids don’t go to school. Then you might think that they are lucky, but to those who can’t go to school, they think the opposite. If you want to know why they think the opposite Then watch this video to find out. Video link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DHXyx0hI_i68HVuBEXws8y02FbkK0vFC/view?usp=sharing […]

Rita November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Testing Docs

I’m just checking to see about authorship and how Docs show up on the Activity stream. Print

Paul November 11, 2020 November 11, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that i talk with my dad because he is not here he is in spain and what that show about me is that i like talking to my dad. Print

Dawry November 10, 2020 November 10, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours, yesterday i was at my grandma house and that mean i like going to my grandma house to visit. Print

Dewry November 10, 2020 November 10, 2020
Digital Journal

Something I did that was meaningful was spend time with my father , I went out to eat and hang out with him and quality time with my family is meaningful to me Print

Brendaly November 10, 2020 November 10, 2020 Digital journal
something good that make you feel good about yourself. that past 24 hour’s

something that make me feel good about myself the last past 24hrs is the yesterday i was home and there where not body here so i was by myself and The cat was hungry and I didn’t put cat food in the house, so I felt bad because I looked and looked to see if I found something to eat […]

Yeiro November 10, 2020 November 10, 2020 juarnal
on the sidewalk bleeding character traits

Andy , the protagonist in On The Sidewalk Bleeding, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others. One,he is curious. Two he> is hurt.  Three, <she/he> is unhappy These traits influence his relationships with others. “He did not know he was dying. He lay on the sidewalk, bleeding, and he thought only: That was a fierce rumble. They […]

Joan November 9, 2020 November 9, 2020
Something that I did during the week that make u fell good.

Something that I saw during the week that make u feel good  well was that on Saturday I was at home cleaning the house   and my mother called me to help her with some things that she had  buy but I told her that I am at home cleaning so i told her   if it is very far and she […]

Yeiro November 9, 2020 November 9, 2020
Where would i travel if i could go anywhere in the world.

Well i would like to travel to Egypt and experience the pyramids myself, even though Egypt is not all pyramids and desert but i would enjoy experiencing it myself. Print

Christian November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
Two things my family has taught me

Well first they have showed me to care for people no matter how bad they have done you, to always be the better person. Second they have always showed me to be humble and never ever underestimate anyone. Print

My digital Journal

the superpower that i want to have is i want to be able to run fast because if i can run fast i can save lives Print

Dewry November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
TWO things your family has taught you.

Two things that my family has taught me one of the things that my family taught me is to be respectful towards the elderly and also they taught me that if I want something in my life I have to fight for it and right now I am starting to work as an influencer of beauty and don’t talk to […]

Estefani November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
Journal entry

i want to go back to my country because i miss the food in DR the food is not the same here in my country the food is better and the beach is different too Print

Dawry November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
Where I want to Travel

There are so many places I’d like to travel; I’ll just make a list: Cuba:   To see some of the historical places I’ve read about and listen to music. Peru:    To walk around Machu Picchu, an archaeological site of the Inca culture. Brazil:  Wildlife, rainforest, people, music, food Scotland:  To climb some mountains and learn about some of my […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
after all this pandemic is over where do u wanna go

Well after all this pandemic is over I really would like to go to Egypt to explore the sands and their beliefs and learn about the mummies and their gods and the most important thing I would like to do is go to one of its historical pyramids and it just because it seen really nice and because i like […]

Yeiro November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020 juarnal
Digital Journal

I would like to travel to Italy and I would like to try different types of Italian meals and tour the towns and visit the beaches Print

Brendaly November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020 Digital journal
Journal entry

i want to go to los angeles and visit the stables center were the lakers play and see the players Print

Dewry November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
journal entry

if i get to travel anywhere i would rather go to dubai becasue is very beutiful over there and in dubai they have the tallest building in the world and i would love to see that and also the city is beutiful and i can enjoy life over there in dubai Print

Joan November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
demon slayer volume 1

Tanjiro Kamado is a dynamic character. His archetype changes over the course of the story. At the beginning of the story,he is the archetypal soldier. This can be seen on page 13, where the author writes:Tanjiro fights off the demon that is trying to kill him and his sister. So for his sister he fought off the demon and killed […]

Douglas November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
demon slayer volume 2

Tanjiro Kamado,  the protagonist in demon slayer chapter 2, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others. One, he is loving. Two, he is brave.  Three, he is dependable. These traits influence his relationships with others. “His sister became a demon and Tanjiro still stayed with her hoping to find a way to cure his only sister that […]

Journal entry

my family told me to treat people the same and be helpful with people Print

Dawry November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
Two things that your parents have taught you in life

Two things that your parents have taught you in life well those things that my mother taught me in this life is that I always work because I need to because nothing is free in life and the second thing that my mother has taught me is that I always be humble that he is not a bad person […]

Yeiro November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020 juarnal
Lessons from my Family.

One very useful thing my family taught me is how to drive a stick shift. My father started out trying to teach me. He was a very good driver, but he couldn’t articulate how I was supposed to let out the clutch and then step on the gas, so I kept popping the clutch, bucking the car and stalling the […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
Digital Journal

2 things my family has taught me is to work hard and to choose my friend’s wisely Print

Brendaly November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020 Digital journal
journal entry

Two things that my family Taught me was that one is that to help others and always if i see homeless people or people who need help to help them , the other thing that my family Taught is not to steal from no body becuause i dont know how much they work for to get that Print

Joan November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
two things my family taught me.

two things they taught me is cleaning, and don’t talk to strangers because one cleaning is important and two don’t every talk to people you don’t know because they will take you away and something bad could happen. Print

Cristin November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
Two things my family has taught me

Two things?! Okay, let’s see. I feel like my sons — both in their late 20’s — are teaching me about dogs. Pets are something that my wife and I never brought into our family, except if you count the few months with a gerbil before lost her. I don’t know what this is teaching me, but it is something […]

Paul November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
two things my family taught me.

two things they taught me is cleaning, don’t talk to strangers. Print

Digital journal

In paragraphs 142,145 and 148 of “The Last Spin” by Evan Hunter  may leave a reader feeling upset because it’s about two young men from rival gangs that are settling an issue by playing Russian roulette and even though this is the case they want to ditch the game and build a friendship with eachother but sadly it doesn’t end […]

Brendaly October 11, 2020 November 3, 2020 Digital journal
Digital journal

something I did over the past 24hrs is do gym work and history work , it’s meaning full to me because I’m trying to get good grades and pass those classes Print

Brendaly November 3, 2020 November 3, 2020 Digital journal
Over the past 24 hours…

I’m wondering how to consult with a student about her writing. We edit and suggest in the margins on Google Docs or on NowComment, but how do we have those moments where we ask a student to say more to explain what you mean by that or tell me a story about that. Then turn and say, okay now put […]

Paul November 3, 2020 November 3, 2020
Things i have done in the past 24hrs that made me feel good

One thing that made me feel good in the past 24hrs was going grocery shopping it’s good because you can obviously restock on food for the month. Also went out and did exercise and kept my body in motion instead of being home which sometimes can be unhealthy. Print

Christian November 3, 2020 November 3, 2020
Blog Post; Single Stories Affecting Our Societal Relationships & Behavior 

Single stories begin to affect our relationships with other people when we allow them to influence and dictate how we will behave towards others. The single stories that are most dangerous to society are told about groups of people. These are poisonous to our relationships because, when believed, these single stories can and often do negatively impact the way […]

Victoria November 3, 2020 November 3, 2020
Digital Journal

Something I did over the weekend is catch up on gym work and that shows that I’m making an effort to pass Print

Brendaly November 2, 2020 November 2, 2020 Digital journal
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours i was at my grandmother birthday and we did a party for her Print

Dewry November 2, 2020 November 2, 2020
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours is that i was helping my mom clean the house and what shows about is that i like helping mom Print

Dawry November 2, 2020 November 2, 2020
One thing I did this weekend…

Oh, not much, but let me think… One thing I did was I ran in the rain on Friday and on Sunday, a bit more than five miles each day, so yeah, that’s something. And I finished a revised, better (audio included) NowComment version of If Beale Street Could Talk… and what else. Oh, actually the thing I’m doing that […]

Paul November 2, 2020 November 2, 2020
somethin that make you feel good about your self

Something that makes me feel good about myself was two days ago that I was at a party and it was getting very late so my mom called me to tell me that it was good to be on the street so I could take home well First I told him that I was going to stay a little longer […]

Yeiro November 2, 2020 November 2, 2020 juarnal
Tracking Characters ”The Hate U Give” By Angie Thomas

What I’ve been thinking about since I started reading ” The Hate You Give ” by Angie Thomas is that in truth everything he’s saying in the book is pretty much the same as what’s happening right now and they’re killing black people and I really think that some police officers are really kind of racist. In the second chapter […]

Estefani October 29, 2020 November 2, 2020
Concepts of Pilgrimages: Canterbury Tales & the Western Wall

Typically, a pilgrimage is thought of by most as a long journey to a holy place of worship, a traditional, religious trip utilized in many cultures across the world. These journeys can be traced back to early periods in human history, and the same notions that pilgrimages are intended to have are still carried on today. Pilgrimages are not only […]

Jessica October 30, 2020 October 30, 2020 #RHS, Pilgrimage
Empathy

In today’s society one of the biggest issues people of all ages, genders, races, sexualities,  etc. is mental illness and the struggle with maintaining a healthy mental state. Statistically, “One in five American adults experienced a mental health issue”(Mental Health Myths…). Maintaining happiness and being content with the way one’s life is playing out is not always the easiest thing […]

Sara October 30, 2020 October 30, 2020 #RHS
Digital journal

Today I cooked scrambled eggs  and that shows that I’m capable making something to eat Print

Brendaly October 30, 2020 October 30, 2020 Digital journal
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the pass 24 hours is watching interesting video like baking because i love baking and stuff. Print

Cristin October 30, 2020 October 30, 2020
What Is My Hope for our community?

Print

Samuel October 30, 2020 October 30, 2020
Why would i meet my book’s character.

Well one of the main reasons i would meet my book character is because she or he is very knowledgeable with religions, I would have a bunch of questions to ask about different religions. Print

Christian October 29, 2020 October 29, 2020
Moment i have stood up for someone.

Well i really haven’t stood up to many people because i always know what the right path & to keep the people close to me in the same right path. But in the future i know someone or i will need help standing up for what is right. Print

Digital journal

Andy, the protagonist in “on the side walk bleeding”, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others. One, he is stupid. Two, he is foolish. Three, he is scared . These traits influence his relationships with others. “I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t want to get mixed up in this. He’s a Royal. We help him, […]

Brendaly October 5, 2020 October 29, 2020 Digital journal
story time

A time i stood up to someone is with my bestie when someone wanted to fight her and hate on her over a boy and i went over there and told tell her what the problem and don’t talk to my bestie like that or else me and you have a problem soon. Print

Cristin October 29, 2020 October 29, 2020
a day that stand for somebody

Well, even once we were in school in 5th grade and I had a friend called Pedrito and when he went to school they always bothered him and one day I felt sorry and I went and told the other boys that if they continued then that they had to fuck with me too, so after that day they left […]

Yeiro October 29, 2020 October 29, 2020 journal
I spoke up for my coworker

I used to work with someone who had shared with me that mental illness ran in her family. She didn’t tell me anything specific about herself, but there were times when she could be really hard to talk to. It took me a few months to get used to working with her, but the more I did, I saw that […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer October 29, 2020 October 29, 2020
Digital journal

In the hate you give maya was standing up for Starr when hailey kept denying being racist and offending Starr Print

Brendaly October 29, 2020 October 29, 2020 Digital journal
My Digital Journal

one time that i stood up for someone was when i was in 10th grade in my other school, a kid was getting bullied in gym class so i went to the kids that was bullying him and i told them to stop because thats not good bullying other students. Print

Joan October 29, 2020 October 29, 2020
Who are the three most important people in your life right now? How would each of these people describe you if I asked them to?

The most important people in my life right now is my grandma mom and boyfriend. How each of these people describe me if you asked them to, well they will tell you she kind sometime quiet also smart girl, like things in my own way, very hardworking person, also a girl who want to focus on her career she want […]

Cristin October 1, 2020 October 29, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

one thing i did so far is helping my sister with her hw it show me i am a good sister. Print

Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours i was watching the baseball game   Print

Dewry October 28, 2020 October 28, 2020
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours is that i make dinner for my brother and what that shows about me is that i like making dinner   Print

Dawry October 28, 2020 October 28, 2020
Digital journal

In the book the hate you give I would like to meet Starr because she seems very smart and understanding of what goes on in her life and I would like to ask her about her experience to understand more about what she’s been through and had to go through for her fight against discrimination and injustice Print

Brendaly October 27, 2020 October 27, 2020 Digital journal
Digital journal

­ Print

Joan October 27, 2020 October 27, 2020
Journal entry

the character that i want to know is tom robinson because he is the coolest Print

Dawry October 27, 2020 October 27, 2020
journal entry

the charcter that i would love to meet is atticus finch because Atticus is relatively well off in a time of widespread poverty. Because of his penetrating intelligence, calm wisdom, and exemplary behavior, Atticus is respected by everyone, including the very poor. Print

Joan October 27, 2020 October 27, 2020
what charater

Well I’m reading the book that I hate u give and I really would like to meet kenya because she is a good person and trouble girl and fun Print

Yeiro October 27, 2020 October 27, 2020
one character i will love to meet.

so one character i will love to meet is scout because his vibes and i look who he really is in his story. Print

Cristin October 27, 2020 October 27, 2020
Digital journal

Something I did that makes me feel good about my self is workout to feel more engerized and what this shows about me is that I’m active Print

Brendaly October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020 Digital journal
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did is yoga because i love to get my body feel good and flexibility. Print

Cristin October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
should people have guns

should people have guns? I mean for me I think people should have guns only if they are responsible for it cause it’s not the guns fault that kills people it’s the people whos behind the gun. You make the choice of pulling the trigger or not. The gun will not be pulling the trigger cause it’s impossible. But if […]

Gerardo October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
The event that changed my life.

Well one event that changed my life was when i was younger i used to scape with my friends and go to the beach with no parent or guardian. That day when i went to dive in the water the tide was lower than what it usually should be so when i dive i hit a rock in the bottom. […]

Christian October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
What i did over the past 24hrs?

Well in the past 24hrs i worked out which is good for my body because it keeps it going & there’s a lot of advantages by working out not only physical but mentally. Also went outside and played basketball, smelled the fresh air and get some vitamin d. Print

jounrnal enrty

wel, almost the same as always being at home watching at home watching netflix and cleaning since i hardly even go outside because of this pandemic Print

Alis October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that i was playing videos with my friends and what thats shows about me is that i like videos games Print

Dewry October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
The Park at Night

One thing I did yesterday that made me feel good about myself was to go out to the park with my 9-year-old daughter at 630 at night, when it was already dark. She brought her bike and rode around a little bit, while I just walked around to stretch my legs. We didn’t even stay very long, but she was […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
Journal entry

something that did in the last 24 hours was watch movies with my mom and what that shows about me is that i like watching movies with my family Print

Dawry October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
something good that make you feel good about yourself that u did over the weekend

something good that I did that I feel good about myself on the weekend  is that my aunts  birthday and I was a good nephew because I bought her a gift, the cousins and I gave her a small party but I think my aunt knows why she didn’t want to Leaving the house because she felt a little bad […]

Yeiro October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020 journal
Digital journal

Something I’ve been thinking about lately is when this pandemic is going to end and when all places will start opening up again since it’s already been  awhile , it seems like the pandemic isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and there will probably be another shutdown Print

Turning Standards into Conversations

Youth Voices Skills A skill is a special post on Youth Voices. Any member can create a skills post to identify a valued habit of heart, mind, and/or work that there is evidence for in another member’s activity stream on Youth Voices or elsewhere online. Once a skill is posted to the skills page, both teachers and students on Youth […]

Paul October 24, 2020 October 25, 2020
something good that make you feel good about yourself. that last weekend

Something that I said about me in this last week is two days ago my sister the husband left her with all the clothes so my sister called me but I was sleeping so on the fifth call I answer her and tell her What happened and she tells me what happened to her and tells me that the […]

Yeiro October 24, 2020 October 24, 2020 journal
if i had a superpower what would it be

mhm lest see if i had a superpower what would it be  ability to go back to time and go to the future because I would like to make the impossible possible every time something goes wrong and I would also like to know what will happen years later oh decades before that would be my power Print

is it possible to change your beliefs as a young adult or as adult // why or why not

I believe that it is more possible for a young adult to change his belief than an adult because the young person does not have as many worries as an adult such as the adult has to pay the house bills and if they have children, then I work for the children. I think it is easier for a young […]

3 important people in my live

who are those three important  people in my live Who are these three most important people in my life? Well, that would be my mother, my grandmother and my older brother who is in prison. Well my mother would describe me as a good boy who does not have any evil in which he likes to take care of other […]

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Over the past 24 hours i did is walking my dog out that show me that i can take care of pets if anyhting happen to my dog i will always be there for him and take him to the vent if he feel sick or hurt. Print

Cristin October 23, 2020 October 23, 2020
kinda sad and happy

mhm let see this happen 3 days ago when me and my mom  we were doing the cleaning, we went to take out the zofa and I think she was being doin to much force for her body because I tell her mother, leave that to me because you can’t handle that anymore, so we left the zofa in the […]

Yeiro October 23, 2020 October 23, 2020
Blossoming Genius

The flower, sometimes known as a ‘bloom or blossom, which have been adored and admired by humans to bring beauty to their environment, and also as objects of pure romance, medicine, ritual, religion and even as a source of food’. These plants, of various colorful appearances that symbolize many things, are even a favorite among many worldwide artists as well, […]

Kate October 22, 2020 October 23, 2020 art, beauty, flower, food, language, medicine, symbolism
One thing I did in the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself. What this shows.

So yesterday I concentrated on creating a system on Youth Voices that would allow teachers and students to recognize each other for the skills they are showing in their work. Now anybody can go and create a “skill” for others. This reaches back to our early work with P2PU badges and brings the knowledge we’ve gained with issuing hundreds of […]

Paul October 23, 2020 October 23, 2020 journal
Digital journal

something that changed my life was when I was very sick in the hospital with pneumonia and realized how short life is and how anything can happen , this event showed me to appreciate life and live for me Print

Brendaly October 23, 2020 October 23, 2020 Digital journal
Digital journal

One major mistake I made was not doing my school work last year or ask for help when I needed it , what I learned from this is that school is very important and I need it and when I need help I shouldn’t be shy to speak up Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 10/14/20

one thing i did over the past 24 hours is fixing my bed that show me i’m clean and i love gettin things done i hate seeing mess. Print

A other thing i did over the past 24 hours?

A other thing i did over the past 24 hours is cooking because that show me i can cook  at a age young and know how to cook it good also one day i could be a chef. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is makeup  what that make me feel is great since one day i could become a artist and a professional makeup artist. Print

describe an event that changed your life forever.

Well one event that changed my life well not forever is my leg since i used to be in a dance team in middle school i know how to do the spilts and i forgot to do my workout first before doing so i did and i pull a muscle so hard i could have got surgery but thanks god […]

One mistake i made?

So one mistake i made was stealing money from my mom and what did i learn from it is never do that and never ever steal money from anyone mostly from your mom cause that didn’t end up well. Print

journal entry

one event that changed my life for ever was when my grandmother died , that was a big change because me and my grandmother were very close to each other and when she died every was different , and every time i went to her house it feel empty Print

Joan October 22, 2020 October 22, 2020
a good son

I said a good son because i really love my mom and will do anything for her, yesterday i was home doing online class then someone call me from the my mom jog and have tell me that my mom is in the hospital so i when creasy and told then what happed to her and what hospital she at […]

Yeiro October 22, 2020 October 22, 2020
Highschool Athletes impacted by Covid

This article was about highschoolers doing sports during  Covid and they have to keep their mask on when they are playing a sport for example, football coaches have to wear masks, and in basketball, they have to wear masks also. Print

Terrell October 22, 2020 October 22, 2020
Digital journal

One mistake I have made was being absent a lot last school year which lead to a lot of work not being completed and me having to repeat, I have learned to complete my work and be there more often so I can graduate Print

Brendaly October 22, 2020 October 22, 2020 Digital journal
Digital journal

I organized my closet , that shows I like to keep my closet clean Print

Digital journal

I bathed my dog , that shoes that I care about her hygiene Print

update about my book. 10/14

one thing i did on the last 24 ours that day was that my mom was sick and she couldnt move , i did everything in the , i did the dishes ,cleaned the house ,and i made something for her to eat , that shows that im a person who want to make things better and i love taking […]

Joan October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020
journal entry 10/2

it is posibly to change my beliefs as a young adult because at a young age were are learning new things that can lead to us change our mind and change our beliefs and how we think about things Print

Joan October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020
journal entry 9/25

one thing ive been thinking about lately is that my cousins birthday is tommorrow and they are going to celebrated and im going to have fun with him and my family , and i love to spend time with my family Print

Joan October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020
My Digital Journal 10/1

The three most important people in your life right now is my mom my brother and my father , they are important to my life right now because i live with them and they help me with things in life, and they are very important in my life and they helping me get a better life Print

Joan October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020
journal entry 10/13

one thing i did on the weekend was that i went to my cousin house and i was helping him do his homework and i helped him and teaching him how to read and and teaching him how to do the work by himself this show that im a helpful person , and likes to see other people succeed. Print

Joan October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020
America’s Merit

American creed, values and cultures can be many things. To me, the big picture is that everyone that lives in this country has the right to freedom and is treated no different than the person next to them, no matter the race, or religion, or what they like to do, or even who they choose to be. America is a […]

Jeremiah October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020
update about my book. 10/15

on the first part of my book “to kill a mockingbird” is describing how the town look .he first part of To Kill a Mockingbird tells of one summer. Jem and Scout play, make new friends, and first learn of a shadowy figure by the name of Boo Radley, who lives in a neighboring house yet is never seen. A young […]

Joan October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020
journal entry 10/15

one thing the last 24 was that i was playing basketball with my friends at the park and then when we finished playing basketball i bought drinks for all my friends at the end, that shows that im a good friend who care about they friends Print

Joan October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020
journal entry

one major mistake i made was that i didnt practice days before my test , that made me not understand the test at all , one thing that i learned from it was that i should practice and study before a test Print

Joan October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020
Something mostly regret about my choices.

Well something i regret of not doing is not getting my state id in time with all this pandemic i couldn’t get my state id or my dmv license, and now i won’t be able to vote this year, why i regret is because we are at crucial times and people really need to vote. Print

Christian October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020 journal
Rich people problems

Nick and Rachel Young, the protagonist in “ rich people problem, have a few traits that influence their relationships with others. One, Rachel is a strict person.Two, Nick is more extroverted.  Three, Rachel and Nick are more conscientious. These traits influence Nick relationships with others. “Rachel reveals to Nick that she is six weeks pregnant. They both jokingly agree to […]

Tasneem October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020
Digital journal

I drew a shape and deigned it for art class that shows I’m a decent drawer Print

Brendaly October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020 Digital journal
Docs or Discussion Posts

A teacher just sent me an email:  I’m trying to have my students post as a discussion, as we’ve done in the past. Many are posting as docs. What’s the difference between the two? I see comments for both. I am not seeing the difference right now and I’m trying to learn so I can explain it. Here’s my answer […]

Paul October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020

something good that make me feel good about myself that last past 24 hour’s is the when i woke up my mom have letf me 10 dollar’s and my big sister was in the house with my little nephew so i when to say hi to them, then 30 minute’s  later i starter starving so i call some restaurant and […]

Yeiro October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020
What it Means to be American

Being American doesn’t mean just being born here or moving here, it means more than that. It means that you believe in equality and freedom for all Americans. Americans made this country so we could have a place where no matter who you are you can become who you want to be. The base of America is freedom. The colonies […]

Andrew October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020
what I did you over 24 hour that makes you feel good about yourselfs?

What I did in 24 hours was eat pizza and just be with my baby and nothing else that makes me feel good but we can’t always buy and eat pizza. And my baby bathed him yesterday and played with my baby for a while until we fell sleep. Print

Estefani October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours i was helping my mom with the laundry Print

Dawry October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020
Journal entry

Dewry October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020
Things i have done in the past 24hrs

Well, i haven’t done much but yesterday i attended every class and paid attention and did my work, Also i slept early again which makes me happy because im always getting distracted easily but this time i went to bed early and im happy. Print

Christian October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020
Empathy for the cleaners

I’m feeling empathy for all of my students who talk or write about cleaning for their daily check-in. We always ask them to talk or write about one thing they’ve done in the last 24 hours that makes them feel good about themselves, and what it shows about them and what they can do. Most people end up talking about […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020
Are You a True American?

Are you a true American? Most of you reading this might have never thought about it. So what does it mean to be an American you ask? Well it depends on your perspective. What I think being American means is that Americans have responsibilities that should help fellow Americans and America to be better and not for selfish reasons. I […]

Karthick prem Satheesh October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020
A Crisis of Partisanship

A Crisis of Partisanship Right now a lot of people, especially politicians like to call modern politics the most partisan of all time. Due to a common misconception of the difference between political and party ideologies many Americans believe that this means that American policies are extremely centrist. This however is incorrect, America indisputably leans to the right. We are […]

Grady October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020
American Creed and the many ideas that come with it.

Carter Hanson Mrs. Reed American Literature 19 October 2020                     Who I Consider An American          Firstly, my own opinion on who IS and IS not an American: I think there are differences in who I consider to be an American. For example, someone who doesn’t uphold the […]

Carter October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020 Advocate for Change, American Creed, American Values, Importance of being fair, Multiple Perspectives, Okemos High School, Positive impact, The good in the world
ONE THING you did in the past 24 hours that makes you feel good about yourself.

One  thing i did in the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself is reading this book about to selena with love is about a book about this latin women since the 90’s who was a big star who could make music industry bigger and more interested but since she couldn’t because she passing away on 1995 […]

Cristin October 19, 2020 October 19, 2020
what did you over 24 hour that makes you feel good about yourselfs?

Well what I did was wash my son’s clothes and I also washed a little of my clothes and I also picked up my room and was able to spend time with my baby. All weekend I spend more time with my son and also soon for next month I will start working selling products. This teaches me that I […]

Estefani October 19, 2020 October 19, 2020
American Creed

Jack Guggemos Mrs. Reed American Lit 18 October 2020 To Be American What it means to be American is different for everyone. Everyone has different views and beliefs. No two Americans are the same. What it should mean to be an American is to have freedom and to not be judged by who you are as a person. As of […]

Jack October 19, 2020 October 19, 2020
When Do I Really Have Rights?

Upfront’s latest issue and its magazine called “When Are You Really an Adult?” discusses whether young adults at the age of 18 are mature enough to take on the many responsibilities that come at that age. It also discusses how the different age requirements for the right to participate vs. the right to protection. Another topic is about the rights […]

Diana October 19, 2020 October 19, 2020 18 years, age, requirements, rights, voting
journal entry

one thing i did over the last 24 hours was that i helped my mom do the dishes and i also was finish my school work, i first went to do the dishes and then after that i went to finish my homework, this shows that im a hardworker cause i still went to do my homework after i felt […]

Joan October 16, 2020 October 16, 2020
RSS Feeds are fun!

Something I’ve been doing is trying to figure out how to use RSS feeds to bring NowComment comments into the Youth Voices Activity stream. I know that sounds technical I end up now know what people are talking about, but there is a nice community of technical engineers who are willing to help as long as they get paid. Actually, […]

Paul October 16, 2020 October 16, 2020

What I did in 24 hours  yesterday I  was to go to the supermarket to buy my baby the desserts because they were running out that makes me feel good because little by little I am taking my responsibilities with my son. Print

Estefani October 16, 2020 October 16, 2020
Journal entry

one thing that i did in the last 24 hours is that i help my mom to clean my room and what you can tell about me is that i like to help my mom. Print

Dewry October 15, 2020 October 15, 2020
My Digital Journal

one thing i did over the weekend was that i was helping my mom with things like i was helping her do the dishes and i also helped her do the laundry and fold clothes , that shows that im a good son that likes to help their parents Print

Joan October 15, 2020 October 15, 2020
Journal entry

one thing i did in the last 24 hours is i helped my mom paint my room and what shows about me is that i like to help my mom Print

Dawry October 15, 2020 October 15, 2020
Messaging

One thing I did is improve the messaging system on Youth Voices, but I’m not sure if it is working. Still, it would be good if we could have this backchannel for talking to each other. Oh, it’s not really a backchannel, but it is a way to talk to individuals or groups of individuals. So yeah, let’s work on […]

Paul October 15, 2020 October 15, 2020

Well, what I have done in 24 hours that made me feel good about myself is that I could be with my baby for a long time before starting class yesterday and today too and that makes me feel good because I know I’m being a good mother. Print

Estefani October 15, 2020 October 15, 2020
The last 24 hours

Well, it’s not exactly a self-improvement move, but I started watching “Homeland” from the beginning. I wanted to see it because I grew up around the same time and place as the main actress, and I wanted to see her in the series, I also like Mandy Patinkin, who plays another main character. I guess I can chalk it up […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer October 15, 2020 October 15, 2020
blue exorcist

Recently, I read Blue Exorcist, by Kazue Kato.  I like how exciting this book makes you feel after just reading the first few pages. I feel this way because the book has a lot of action like fighting mythical creatures and the book is just in your face with a lot of things that would get me really feeling like […]

Douglas October 15, 2020 October 15, 2020
Journal entry

violence is growing and rioting is now moving into neighborhoods Sep 8 2020 violence in American larger cities like Chicago,Ditroit, Baltimore, and New York  has been going on for decades recent violence in other cities. Print

Dawry October 14, 2020 October 14, 2020
Journal entry

what i did the last 24 hours that i was playing playstation and that shows that you are a video games person that love games. Print

Dewry October 14, 2020 October 14, 2020
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours is that i was watching movies with my brother and my mom and that shows about me that i like watching movies. Print

Dawry October 14, 2020 October 14, 2020

Well today I got up late because my room was very cold and I was with my baby well and the bed was very comfortable and also yesterday we cleaned the house and I also picked up my room and that’s why I got up late. but what it teaches me is that I like to clean and I like […]

Estefani October 14, 2020 October 14, 2020
journal entry

one thing that i did the last 24 was that i helped my mon do the laundry yesterday and i helped her fold all the clothes , that shows that im a helpful person , and i like to help my mom Print

Joan October 14, 2020 October 14, 2020 journal
Digital journal

Something I did over the weekend was buy groceries for the house , we were running low on food so I went out and got some food like fruits and meat , this makes me feel like a productive person Print

Brendaly October 14, 2020 October 14, 2020 journal
What i did over the weekends.

Well i mostly did is nothing at all lol i just watch tv and chill but sometime i do my hw if i have nothing to do. Print

Cristin October 13, 2020 October 13, 2020
What did I do this weekend?

Well, what I did this weekend was to watch the game after watching the game I went to my room with my baby to watch Netflix until my baby fell asleep then I went to bed to sleep but I could not sleep these last days I have not I was able to sleep well, but these days the only […]

Estefani October 13, 2020 October 13, 2020
Digital Journal – September 24, 2020

yesterday i couldnt go to any classes because i had to go to work early. but it was just yesterday because one of the other employees did not go to work yesterday  and they called me in early but i usally work at 2pm on the weekdays and on the weekend i work at 9am Print

Yeury October 12, 2020 October 12, 2020
Digital Journal

I chose this image as my avatar because I like Star Wars, and I actually have a Star Wars video game and my favorite character is Darth Maul (my avatar). I love the rivalry between Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul. For my cover I chose a Harry Potter image because Harry Potter’s movies are my favorite. It’s significant for […]

Rafael October 12, 2020 October 12, 2020
If i had a super power?

If i had super powers i would choose to read people mind and the reason why i would choose that is because i would like to know what does people think of me or feel about me at the moment. Also reading people mind can also allow me to help people with their situation weather is bad or good i […]

Angelina October 8, 2020 October 8, 2020
Is it possible to change your belief as a young adult or adult why or why not ?

In my opinion i believe you could change your belief in any type of moment. Why is that well as us humans growing up we seems to do everything our parents say or do and on top of that if you were a family that grow up in a religious family is even worst for the people that doesn’t like […]

Who are the most important people in your life right now? how would each people describe you if i ask them to?

The most three important people in my life right now is my Mother, My Dog, My 21 Year old brother. I could say the way my mom would describe me is disrespectful, very loving, and she’s also going to say that  i do what i want to do whenever i want to do it, which is true nothing really stop […]

Have you seen an increase of violence in your community since the pandemic began?

No i haven’t seen an increase of violence ever since the pandemic stared but i did witness a couple of situation that had happen around my block. Like people have been getting rod a lot instead of getting kill but, its funny to say because ever since the pandemic stared a lot of people been staying home unless there’s a […]

My Digital Journal

I chose this picture to be my profile picture because It’s my profile picture on all my social media. and making it was kind of hard for a lot of reasons. Print

Abdul October 7, 2020 October 7, 2020
My Digital journal 10/6/2020

I chose this image as my avatar because i love his music and i feel different listening to his songs. And i want people online to see me as a random person.i also felt like putting him because he is really cute to me.I chose this image as my cover image because i felt like i needed to This image […]

Alexis October 7, 2020 October 7, 2020
Dear Teenagers: Youth Voices Forums

Youth Voices is a platform for youth to write about their interests, both in school and outside of school: what they are reading, what their hobbies or future careers might be, what they enjoy in their spare time. Print

Cristin October 7, 2020 October 7, 2020
My digital journal

October 6,2020 My profile picture is like a ninja at night time with a cool design of red, white and blue colors around him. My cover picture is a anime character from dragon ball super. He is one of my favorite ones. Print

Steven October 6, 2020 October 6, 2020
My digital Journal

October 6th Print

Teniah October 6, 2020 October 6, 2020
My digital journal

10/6/20 i chose this picture as my profile photo because I like Kanye west. I’ve listened to his music since the 4th grade. I want people online to see me as a chill person I guess. I also feel that it’s a cool picture, so I wanted my profile picture to look good. Print

AlexR October 6, 2020 October 6, 2020
My Digital Journal

Oct,6,2020 I chose this image of my anime because I like watching anime and I want people online to see me as a anime fan ;and to know that anime is just the best period 😁 Also feel like there are other people online that  also love watching anime so I wanted my profile picture to look enjoyable/cool/and cute?! 🥴 This image […]

Tasneem October 6, 2020 October 6, 2020
My Digital Journey

October 6, 2020 I chose this picture as my profile picture because its pink one of my favorite colors and it has a cowgirl hat that’s sparkly and it matches with me as a person. And since the picture corresponds with myself I want people to get a hint of who I am as a person. I also feel like […]

Nicolle October 6, 2020 October 6, 2020
ocean digital journey

10/6/20     I chose this image as my avatar because I like naruto and Minato is one of my favorite character  in naruto, and I want people online to see me as a Naruto fan I also feel that moment was  so cool, so I wanted my profile picture to look like that image       I chose […]

Ocean October 6, 2020 October 6, 2020
Ocean digital journal

10/6/20 Print

Ocean October 6, 2020 October 6, 2020
My Digital Journal

October 6, 2020 The person I chose as my profile picture is Giorno Giovanna. I chose this as my avatar because he is one of my favorite characters in anime and I respect him goals. I want people online to see me as someone who is important and who has a strong voice, so I wanted my profile picture to […]

Ian October 6, 2020 October 6, 2020
THUG Annotation Guide for NowComment

Instructions: While reading The Hate U Give, you can publish your annotations on NowComment. You should be writing annotations in your own words.  NowComment Login for first-time student users: You received an email (possibly more than one) inviting you to join NowComment. Find this email by searching your email inbox for anything from NowComment. Open the email and click on […]

Anna October 6, 2020 October 6, 2020 annotation, NowComment, The Hate U Give
Getting Started in the YV Book Group

PART 1: Comment on the introductory post Your name and pronouns (she/her, he/him, they/them) Where you live and where you’re from The languages you speak The title of the book you are reading now OPTIONAL SENTENCE FRAMES  Hey! My name is _________ and I use (she/her, he/him, they/them) pronouns. I live in Berkeley/Oakland/Virginia/Mexico, and I am from _____________________. I speak […]

Anna October 6, 2020 October 6, 2020 Book Group, comments, posts
If you had a superpower, what would it be? Why would you choose it?

If I had a superpower it would be Wonder Woman because that way I would have the power of the magic bond to force people who lie to me to tell the truth and it would make them lose their memory so that later they lose the memory and do not remember what they finished me to say. I would […]

Estefani October 5, 2020 October 5, 2020
If I had superpowers….

If I had a superpower, I would want it to be either the ability to SPEAK EVERY LANGUAGE, or the ability to PLAY EVERY MUSICAL INSTRUMENT. I’d do both if I could. I like the idea of connecting with others in those ways. Print

Ms. Hernandez-Speer October 5, 2020 October 5, 2020
What superpower i will have?

The superpower i will have is ice power because i love the cold and i’m a winter baby i want to make snow and ice just like elsa. Print

Cristin October 5, 2020 October 5, 2020

If i had a superpower it would be to be flash or super speedy. I would chose it because i feel like you can save so much time and get things done fast. Print

Keily October 5, 2020 October 5, 2020
If I had superpowers

Print

Joan October 5, 2020 October 5, 2020
Video as a flattening out of the learning space

I’m liking this idea that video conferences flatten the learning space. I’m not sure why this appeals to me, but I am itching to describe how to build online experiences for youth that are not so teacher- and content-centered. I’m also not sure that I’m right, so I’m hanging back a bit but I do wonder how to bring the […]

Paul October 5, 2020 October 5, 2020
Digital journal

If I could have a super power it would be the ability to mind read because I would like to know what people think of me and if their a genuine person Print

Brendaly October 5, 2020 October 5, 2020 journal
Journal

It is possible to change your beliefs as an adult/young adult , you can learn new things or experience new things that can cause a change in your beliefs .you can become open minded and have new understandings .for example if someone is involved in a gang and they feel as though nothing else matters but getting what they want […]

Brendaly October 2, 2020 October 2, 2020 journal
Digital Journal Entry: Is it possible to change your beliefs

Maybe it depends for example I’ve tried everything = I haven’t tried everything. It’s impossible to have tried everything so how can I know? My clothes are tight, I feel unfit, it’s just an excuse, I have a medical condition from this weight. Print

Cristin October 2, 2020 October 2, 2020
Hang Out, Mess Around, Geek Out

Hang Out on Your Profile Add a new profile picture and cover image. Create frequent updates with writing, images, audio, video, or links. Friend other youth from around the country, and comment on their updates. Gather your thoughts privately or with others in a Doc, using  YV Docs as a writer’s notebook. Build your profile by adding widgets in your […]

Paul October 1, 2020 October 1, 2020
Digital journal

My parents would describe me as a smart and wonderful young lady with a creative mind that likes to stay at home all day on her phone while my sister would also describe me as a person who likes to stay at home and be on social media all day and just  likes to be lazy,My older sister would describe […]

Brendaly October 1, 2020 October 1, 2020 journal
how would each of these people describe you? who are the three most important people in your life right now?

la gente me describe como una persona tranquila y muy tímida. pero a quién le gustaría seguir adelante. eso es lo que la gente puede describir sobre mí. y las personas mas importantes en mi vida son mis padres mi abuelo y mi hijo. Mi padre me puede describir como una persona muy inteligente y que le gusta mucho estudiar, […]

Estefani October 1, 2020 October 1, 2020
my view of the pandemic

before the pandemic started it was rough with people killing each other. but when the pandemic started it just got even more rough more people died in this short pandemic . not because just because cops was killing people but young kids were taking the advantange of the mask thing and start to kill each other for no reason. in […]

Yeury October 1, 2020 October 1, 2020
My Digital Journal

The violence has increased in my opinion because in the news you see people getting shot or stab everyday , and is getting worse and worse for example 2  day ago i came from the park from playing basketball, and when i was on the bus someone got shot 3 times outside, and then after that happen like 20 minutes […]

Joan September 30, 2020 September 30, 2020 journal
Digital journal

I haven’t witnessed violence in my community but I have seen videos and heard about the riots and looting , I saw videos of them destroying stores and breaking into them in order to take what they can Print

Brendaly September 30, 2020 September 30, 2020 journal
increase of violence in my community since the pandemic began.

Yes i seen and hear what been going to my community like covid-19 since the began what going on with everyone getting sick and is dying quickly and there a lot of people losing their loves one and the number of it keep going on and it will take them months or years to find the cure. Print

Cristin September 30, 2020 September 30, 2020
Classes

yesterday in ela class we created digital journals about our background profile pictures , in history class we went over a few questions about the American colonies , in art class we created portfolios and designed the first slide into whatever aesthetics we liked. I’m nervous to start in school learning but after seeing the classrooms I feel a little […]

Brendaly September 24, 2020 September 29, 2020 journal
My digital journal

9/22/20 i chose this image as my profile because I like animals and I want people online to see me as a person who Adores animals and I also my favorite animal is a sloth so I put my profile picture as one ,I have the same sloth image as my cover photo because I really like sloths journal Print

Brendaly September 22, 2020 September 29, 2020 journal
My Journal for Today

It was sad an exciting at the same time to see children posing outside of my building this morning on their first day of school. I remember those photos with my children. They were important moments of saying goodbye — but not goodbye, really, more it was a kind of taking a deep breath and saying “Go for it.” It […]

Paul September 29, 2020 September 29, 2020 journal
What’s on my mind

Today I ate cereal and watched a movie ,I’ve been watching shows and movies this whole weekend I’ve watched the umbrella academy and darkest minds ,I also did the Landry and moped the house Print

Brendaly September 29, 2020 September 29, 2020 journal
Bagging Plastic

Plastic bags have been banned in 4 states as today. This was put into effect because of how many plastic bags were wasted yearly. Plastic bags have been very bad for our environment. Most of the time these paper bags end up in our oceans or in natural habitats which could kill innocent animals. Most of the time these plastic […]

Eduardo September 28, 2020 September 28, 2020 orange cove highschool, Plastic bags
my day yesterday

yesterday i couldnt go to any classes because i had to go to work early. but it was just yesterday because one of the other employees did not go to work yesterday  and they called me in early but i usally work at 2pm on the weekdays and on the weekend i work at 9:00 AM Print

Yeury September 24, 2020 September 26, 2020
My digital journal

September 23,2020          Mariely Padilla i chose this image as my avatar because it has a personal value to me . The meaning of a butterfly to me means a lot in the sense of freedom to me a butterfly represents growth but most importantly to me freedom , everytime i see a butterfly I see myself […]

Mariely September 23, 2020 September 24, 2020 journal
journal entry

with this pandemic all students now are taking online classes , my classes yestarday were ok, my first class was ELA that class was fun , cause i knew how to do the work and the work was easy , but then i took math after and that class messed up my day, because the math teacher be putting a […]

Joan September 24, 2020 September 24, 2020
What i do when i don’t attend school

Unfortunately i did not attend classes yesterday, I had some personal problems all day yesterday. But despite the fact i was too busy yesterday, i would still try and teach myself some knowledge with physical and academic activities. What i mean by physical and academic activities i mean by doing my favorite hobbies such as playing, basketball, going to the […]

Christian September 24, 2020 September 24, 2020
My Journal

Sept. 24 2020 Today in all of my classes i feel tired and exhausted. The work is easy to do but to much, yesterday i went to the park to finished all of my 4 math homework which it wasn’t okay for me because it was a lot. Print

Cristin September 24, 2020 September 24, 2020
My digital Journal

I chose this image as my avatar because he is my inspiration in life and i want people online to see me as i also feel that people should treat people the same way no matter what is going on in there lives i chose this image as my cover photo because i like his music because in he music […]

Dewry September 23, 2020 September 23, 2020 journal
My Digital Journal

I chose this image as my avatar because he is my inspiration in life and i want people online to see me as i also feel that people should treat people the same way no matter what is going on in there lives I Chose this image as my cover photo because i like his music because in his music […]

Dawry September 23, 2020 September 23, 2020 journal
My digital journal. 09/23/2020

I choose this image as my avatar because I like the picture and it represents me and I want people online to see me the way I am, I feel like people need to see me when they click on my profile not no fake photo of someone or something so I wanted my profile to look real, so that’s […]

Ramon September 23, 2020 September 23, 2020
My Digital Journal

I chose this image as my avatar because biggie smalls is my favorite artist and he makes good music, and I want people online to see me as a person who likes hip pop music and  loves 90s music, I also feel that people would start listening to biggie because they might be interesting about why i like his music. […]

Joan September 23, 2020 September 23, 2020 journal
My Digital Journal

Sept, 14th, 2020 I chose this image as my avatar because it pretty  and I want people online to see me as hard worker girl.  I also feel that it a good photo for it, so I wanted my profile picture to look good.   2.  chose this image as my cover photo because i love it and i think […]

Cristin September 22, 2020 September 22, 2020
Explore the Universe of Digital Discourse

Register your students This is a youth-powered publishing platform that was started in 2003 by a group of teachers from local sites of the National Writing Project. We merged several earlier blogging projects. We have found that there are many advantages to bringing students together in one site that lives beyond any particular class. It’s easier for individual students to read […]

Paul September 4, 2020 September 22, 2020 youth voices
What’s a Youth Voices profile?

Here’s a list of metaphors we thought of to describe a Youth Voices profile. It can be your personal online… …locker (where you can put video, audio, images and text that are important to you) …homeroom (where you stay connected with your Youth Voices connections) …home base (where you come back to re-focus) …home page (all of the work you’ve […]

Paul September 15, 2020 September 16, 2020
The Universe of Digital Discourse on Youth Voices

Writing Tool Where and how to use it Publishing Options What this might be used for What’s New? By clicking the first link on the drop-down under the user’s home page link on the main menu, the user is presented with a box where there is unlimited space to write and add media. The most recent updates appear publicly under […]

Paul September 7, 2020 September 8, 2020
Youth Voices: Building a Writing Community

We are asking you to consider bringing your students to Youth Voices to grow our network of teachers and schools and to enrich the conversations on the site. Now more than ever, youth need to be connected with each other, and Youth Voices has tried-and-true resources and new features that promise to expand the universe of digital discourse available on […]

Paul September 5, 2020 September 6, 2020

There are no docs for this view.

Viewing 1-441 of 441 docs