Has attachment Title Author Created Last Edited Group Tags
Journal entry

One thing that makes me cringe is when am having a conversation with a person and I don’t look at there faces is because I don’t like that. one time for example I was in the park with my friends and we were all talking and I was looking down I think they did not notice I hope not because […]

Dawry May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021
Journal entry

One think that make me cringe is a embarrassing photo because one day I was a my little cousin birthday party and it was a clown there and I take a photo with the clown and I did like it and that why I don’t take Photo any more because clown scary me.

Dewry May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021
What happens when an artist, writer or celebrity behaves in a way you don’t like? Should you separate the person’s behavior from his/her achievements?

Oh, I don’t know. Scott Stringer is a politician, not an artist or writer, but a celebrity of sorts, and his bid to become the next mayor of New York City is now in doubt because he has been accused by a woman of inappropriate groping. Her claims haven’t been corroborated yet, but I don’t know if that lack of […]

Paul May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021
Celebrity life and achievements

I think that we don’t have to Judge a celebrity on base on his personal life. Before being famous he/she is human with good and bad parts. For example R Kelly is one of my favorite R’nB artist, I like most of his music but he did what I personally consider as one of the worst immoral act that can […]

Tristan May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself

Well I pulled together Brendaly’s portfolio I presented it at a conference workshop on Saturday. I’m pretty excited about the possibilities for this work, but there’s a gap between what we can do on Youth Voices and what teachers and what teachers and students want to, can, or are aware that they can do. It’s this gap that keeps me […]

Paul May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021 journal
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours is yesterday was mothers day and my family when to my grandma house to be with her because she was making food for the entire family we eat we Laught and tell story about aware family in DR and that makes me feel good about myself  because I love my grandma.

Dawry May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021
Journal entry

what I did in the last 24 hours that make me feel good about my self was that my wisdom tooth are coming out and this is my second wisdom tooth that come out and at could say that is a good think but at the same time it hurt but am going to the doctor to take them out.

Dewry May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021
When People Ask, ‘Where Are You From?

Where you from will always be a tricky question when people ask specially in the USA. The way you respond that question can shape the way people look and behave towards you. My answer when people ask where I’m from will always be I’m from Puerto rico . Sometimes people correct me and say “No I meant where you live […]

Cristy May 8, 2021 May 8, 2021
Do you think you make good climate choices ?

I make good climate choices but I believe I could do better by knowing more .At home instead of using light balls I rather use more led lights and consume less energy . I believe global warming is a major climate issue we face world wide. Also I try to not waste as much water as possible because helps climate […]

Cristy May 8, 2021 May 8, 2021
Setting up a Group in NowComment

Over the past few days, I’ve been working on NowComment to organize materials around AAPI — Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. It has been exciting to share my tech tips with a growing community of teachers to show them how to get a document up on NowComment “properly.” And to reach out to people to see what they can […]

Paul May 6, 2021 May 6, 2021 journal
Journal entry

On Monday I was watching my favorite show TEENWOLF  like 1:00 and then I had to get ready to go and pick up my little cousin at school and the school is like 2 block from my house when I pick up she talk about what happen a school and when I come back from picking her up and we […]

Dewry May 6, 2021 May 6, 2021
Journal entry

on Saturday i when to my uncle barbecue because he invited me and my brother and my cousins were there i haven seen my cousins in mad long we were there chilling eating talking about how we haven meet up in a long time and we also where drinking and smoking hookah and we was playing some salsa and bachata […]

Dawry May 6, 2021 May 6, 2021
UEFA Champions League

Yesterday was one of the most important games of the Champions League. The champion’s league is the most prestigious league in the soccer world like the NBA in the basketball or even the NFL in the Football world and this tournament started since November 2020 and was between the greatest teams in Europe. Since last week it was the semi […]

Tristan May 6, 2021 May 6, 2021
happines

the secrets to happiness is having good health, knowing your whole family is alive and well and maintains. happiness is knowing you have loyalty with the people you care about that’s the secret of happiness.The key to happiness is loving your love ones no matter what hoping to get stronger rather than weak. The key to happiness is living forever […]

Ernesto May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021
Journal entry

the secrets about happiness is family, friends, my parents because nobody can be sad all the time and is good to laugh with someone that make you happy

Dewry May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021
Journal entry

the secret about happiness is to treat yourself on  like my self I don’t beliefs in happiness because happy is just word sometimes people feel jealous of other people because they got money and they don’t it don’ts matter about who has more money is about how you treat your self.

Dawry May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021
happiness

Happiness is something I particularly like to talk about because I’m always happy, some people says that some times we don’t need to be happy but to think Many stuffs makes me feels happy like playing games, drawing, listening to music even some stuffs that concern education. For example I really love science, science is really a part of my […]

Tristan May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021
What Do You Think Are the Secrets to Happiness? In a popular course at Yale University, students learn that the keys to happiness are sleep, gratitude and helping other people. Do you agree?

Sleep is important, yes, but I think it tends to go in circles: When I’m unhappy, I tend to sleep less and when I sleep less, I’m more unhappy. So it’s important to break this chain one way or the other. OH, and this leads me to MY basic, my lived, my real philosophy about happiness is that there is […]

Paul May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021 journal
proove for vaccination

On my opinion I think that whe need to get some specifics prooves on our vaccination so as to avoid some misunderstanding. Nothing can proove that youhave been vaccinated and some persons will lie on their vaccination so as to not wear mask without knowingvthat there are potentially infected and this can cause some problems.

Tristan May 4, 2021 May 4, 2021
Journal entry

yes people need to show proof of Vaccination because that way they could know that you got the vaccine and you good of the virus but  it dont matter if you got the vaccine you still need to wear a mask.

Dawry May 4, 2021 May 4, 2021
Journal entry

yes people need to show proof of vaccine because for people can see that they good of Covid-19 but they still need to wear there mask to be good.

Dewry May 4, 2021 May 4, 2021
Should People Be Required to Show Proof of Vaccination?

I’m not sure, but maybe. I mean why not? Pre-K-College students have to show proof of a sorts of vaccinations before they are allowed to come — or continue in school — so why not a COVID shot too? I’m wondering if any of this is necessary.  Oh just get vaccinated. We need to lead with positive examples, not get […]

Paul May 4, 2021 May 4, 2021
Quit

Have you ever quit something? When is quitting the right or healthy thing to do? Yes i quit many things and no quitting is not healthy because if you wants to achieve something don’t give up just do it and keep going into you there. Like many people tell don’t give up on your dream something you will love to […]

Cristin April 26, 2021 April 30, 2021 journal
Hair Rules

Should Schools or Employers Be Allowed to Tell People How They Should Wear Their Hair? Do employers or school administrators have the right to make rules about hairstyles, hair color and facial hair? Umm No they are not my parents and hair is hair , is not going to hurt anyone or me everyone should wear their how they like […]

Learning Loss

Do You Think You Have Experienced ‘Learning Loss’ During the Pandemic? Or, do you think you have learned just as much — or even more — this past year than you might have if the pandemic had never happened? I blame the pandemic since this covid-19 is driving me crazy and i can’t stay focus on my classes but now […]

Would You Want to Be a Teacher?

Would You Want to Be a Teacher Someday? Does the idea of becoming an educator appeal to you? Why or why not? Has being a student during the pandemic changed the amount of empathy you have for teachers? If so, what is different now? No I don’t wants to be a teacher at all for what is not really for […]

Cultural Heritage

How Do You Connect to Your Heritage? Do you feel connected to your family and cultural roots? Or do you feel distant or cut off from them? Yes I feel connected with my family since becoming an active participant in your cultural heritage is a great way to deepen your bond with both family members nearby and communities around the […]

Art and Artist

What happens when an artist, writer or celebrity behaves in a way you don’t like? Should you separate the person’s behavior from his/her achievements? Yes i will separate from him or her behavior because i don’t need that negative energy to me so like they can go somewhere else.

What Makes You Cringe?

What Makes You Cringe? An awkward conversation? A dad joke? An embarrassing photo? Well a embarrassing video when i was in 5 grade its was funny and cringe, looking back at it i will never do that again and plus i was little , can’t blame me for it.

Proof of Vaccination

Should People Be Required to Show Proof of Vaccination? Businesses, schools and politicians are considering “vaccine passports” as a path to reopening the country. Do you think sharing vaccine status should be mandatory to go to school, take a vacation or enter a movie theater? Another approach would be legislation that requires proof of vaccination to obtain a passport, use public transportation or […]

Happiness

What Do You Think Are the Secrets to Happiness? In a popular course at Yale University, students learn that the keys to happiness are sleep, gratitude and helping other people. Do you agree? Yes I 100% agree because connect with people, Relationships are the most important overall contributor to happiness. People with strong and broad social relationships are happier, healthier and […]

Do You Have a Healthy Diet?

Do You Have a Healthy Diet? A new study found that high school students aren’t getting enough produce. Has the pandemic made it harder for you to eat right?  Yes I have healthy diet , even though I don’t eat the food they give in lunch because it’s not good for us students and especially how we not getting enough […]

Cristin April 25, 2021 April 30, 2021 journal
How should parents support….? 4/26/21

How Should Parents Support a Student Who Has Fallen Behind in School? What advice would you give to a peer who is struggling with schoolwork and feeling like catching up is impossible? Attend Back-to-School Night and Parent-Teacher Conferences. Visit the School and Its Website. Support Homework Expectations. Send Your Teen to School Ready to Learn. Instill Organizational Skills. Offer Help With Studying.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 4/22/21

One thing i am doing for this past 24 hours is just going to jupiter and doing the works for my teachers cause all is matter to me is the grades and to gets more credits and i love this school is one of the best school i went so far and i wants to thanks everyone for helping me […]

Cristin April 21, 2021 April 30, 2021
How should parents support….?

•How Should Parents Support a Student Who Has Fallen Behind in School? What advice would you give to a peer who is struggling with schoolwork and feeling like catching up is impossible? Provide Guidance. Some students just need extra time. When possible, set up time during lunch and after school to allow students to practice the concepts that have them […]

Cristin April 30, 2021 April 30, 2021
Revolutionary Poem in The Pocket

Link

Christian April 29, 2021 April 30, 2021 #BlackLivesMatter #SayTheirNames #DefundThePolice #NoJusticeNoPeace
REVOLUTION OF Gun Violences by Jaylen Coleman

Suicide and homicide daily on the news  Man stabbed to death over popeyes delicious food There people dead over a shoveling incident   Man goes on Homicide killing spree,  OMG what is up with it Guns should be vaulted or no longer should be granted   We need to form a revolution to make our voices heard what we need […]

Jaylen April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Revoutionary Poem in The Pocket

The times I felt rage, Where’s my people equality. How long must we wait? Don’t brush us over cause of our skin, You know we are still human   Don’t just watch, This is no fun. Our people dying, from misunderstandings? These are not lies, But the truth

Natalie April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Journal

One thing I did yesterday was I woke up at 8 and went straight to my Jupiter to see the lesson and works I got to do and I did my homework project, after that I send it to my teachers and check my grade and I got a good grade and I feel happy also I went to the […]

Cristin April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Journal entry

when me and my family had Covid we were coughing and sneezing and also sore Throut and it was  bad because i use to go to sleep and be scared because i did not know if i was going to make it because having Covid is hard because my other family member had Covid and they did not make it […]

Dawry April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Journal entry

when me and my family had Covid we were coughing a lot and sneezing a lot but we keep fighting to get better but I’m not going to lie it was hard. and what i can say is that continue to use the masks so that the Covid does not happen to you.

Dewry April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
fanart

I’m really a passionate of anime and arts in general and I always have to draw some stuff so as to feel good. last weekend I got some time and I decided to start a new drawing. I drew an anime character that I particularly like and it was particularly interesting to draw that. I first started with proportions or […]

Tristan April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Journal

One thing I did for the past 24 hours is just log in to Jupiter and finish up my homework and projects and quiz and tests .

Cristin April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Journal entry

parents should support the students because they trying to make it out of  high school and be some thing in life

Dawry April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Journal entry

before the pandemic i was not eating a lot of food but when the pandemic stared i stared eat more and I gain  Alot of weight but now am trying to lose some weight because it is not good gain weight because it brought  alot of diseases.

Dawry April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Journal entry

before covid i was eating healthy food but when covid arrived i began to eat more than what i was eating and began gain weight  because is not good to gain weight and is good to stay healthy.

Dewry April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Nutritional Changes during the Pandemic?

Since the Pandemic started I got some differences or changes in my diet and nutrition. I was still in Africa when the Virus was out but in my country it wasn’t really spread out as it is now in Africa so I didn’t got problems or changes in my nutrition and even when I came into the United state I […]

Tristan April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Healthy Diet?

As a matter of fact, the situation created by the pandemic has led to me eating better, for the most part. When I was working from home, I stuck much closer to the neighborhood and didn’t go on big shopping trips in the car as often. So, every week my husband and I started walking from our part of the […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
When People Ask, ‘Where Are You From”

How Do You Respond When People Ask, ‘Where Are You From?’ Is it easy for you to answer? Or does it feel more complicated than others might realize? Yes is easy for me because when people ask me where i am from and i tell them it doesn’t surprise them cause they could tell by the way i looks and […]

Cristin April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
Do You Think You Make Good Climate Choices?

Do you consider the climate impact of the food you eat, the things you buy, the appliances you use and the way you travel? No i don’t ever climate the impact of the food things i buy or the way i travel honestly i feel fine for the way i do it in my own way it really doesn’t bother […]

Cristin April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is went to the mall just to buy more clothes and others things we need cause we going to DR next month and sending boxes over there for my family.

Cristin April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
What are some answers to the frequent gun violence we have experienced in this country?

This is such a big question. How can I answer it if the President of the United States and the Congress can’t answer it. One thing I heard recently is that so far this year more illegal guns have been take off the streets of New York City than ever before in a similar time period. And yet, the number […]

Paul April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
What are some answers to gun violence?

What are some answers to the frequent gun violence we have experienced in this country? The best answer to gun violence as changing the way we see guns. Whether they are intended for hunting, sport or self-defense, guns are a type of potentially dangerous equipment that kills many people, just as cars kill people.

Cristin April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
new york

I go home  I walk up the stairs  i feel a warm comfort that no other place could give me a open area for whatever i want to do Using the computer like theres no other day Enjoying myself like theres no one to bother me

Douglas March 29, 2021 April 14, 2021 Harvest Collegiate High School
Testing Docs

This seems to be working. More tests.

Paul April 14, 2021 April 14, 2021
A Person’s Gotta Have a Code

That, of course, reminds me of the character Omar Little from “The Wire”, who seemed to be an outlaw because he robbed drug dealers for a living, but had his own, very strict, code of conduct from which he never strayed. Of course, he killed a bunch of people, so that was problematic, but the point was made. I’ve been […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer April 14, 2021 April 14, 2021
“Nocturne” by Louise Gluck, Read by Douglas

Mother died last night, Mother who never dies. Winter was in the air, many months away but in the air nevertheless. It was the tenth of May. Hyacinth and apple blossom bloomed in the back garden. We could hear Maria singing songs from Czechoslovakia — How alone I am — songs of that kind. How alone I am, no mother, no father — […]

Douglas April 13, 2021 April 13, 2021
Call of duty Mobile

In general I did nothing during this weekend but I spent a little time playing call of duty warzone which is one of my favorite games. It was pretty good of playing this game and I spent a little good moment playing that game. As it’s an online game, I had to play with other players around the world and […]

Tristan April 12, 2021 April 12, 2021
One thing I did that makes me feel good about myself … one habit this shows.

One of the things I did this weekend was to think and write (or at least begin to write) about the different discourse options that are available on Youth Voices. I found passages in James Moffett’s important book, Teaching the Universe of Discourse. Maybe I should collect those here. Here’s something I wrote recently: In Coming on Center (1981), James Moffett calls […]

Paul April 12, 2021 April 12, 2021
Injuries in Sports

There are many positives when playing sports, like having a healthier lifestyle, but many don’t take into consideration the risks of getting injured. I think the most serious injury is a concussion because a concussion can be permit and can leave you brain damaged. Another serious injury that can ruin a players career is a torn ACL because when you […]

Zachary April 12, 2021 April 12, 2021
Bio on you working portfolio

Paragraph 1: Who are you? What’s important to know about you? What ethnic and cultural heritages are in your family? Where were you born, and what neighborhoods have you lived in? What schools have you been to? When did something important happen to you, a turning point? Paragraph 2: What do you like to do IN school, including extra-curricular activities? What are […]

Paul April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
“Snitch”

Recently I felt forced to tell on my ex co-worker because somebody needed to take actions on unfair situations that used to take place in my job and be ignored . Calling HR was the best option and that’s what I did before they tried to do on me with lies . Some people might see it as snitch but […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
Do we need the arts (music, acting, dance, drawing/painting/design) in our lives?

Yes we definitely do need arts, I believe art is life and it makes us who we are in many ways. We use art to express ourselves for example we use music to communicate, give a message and enjoy good times. A song can bring many memories, reacting towards those memories brings emotions out, emotions make us humans . Art […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
Describe your current favorite online/video game. What do you like about it? What would you redesign if you could?

I believe the phones and games are a trap so I try to stay away from it as much as possible. I respect people choices but in my opinion I don’t play video or online games at all . I feel like I just don’t have the time because I’m always working and on my days off I’m busy doing […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
Should the Department of Education keep remote classes as an option for those who want it in the future?

Yes I agree remote classes should continue in the future because everybody have rights, if some people rather stay learning from home than they should have that option. January 2020 remote classes was still not an option of learning in full time . This way of learning online came with covid-19 and the new technology . First it was hard […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
3/24 Are You Nervous About Returning to “Normal” Life

I can say I’m definitely nervous to see what its gonna be this new generation like when outside opens back up because its like we stuck in 2020 some how with COVID-19 . Same as we stuck in the house doing everything we used to do outside on the internet . I believe things will never be the same due […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One things i did over the past 24 hours is well just doing my works that it and what that makes me feel good about myself is i care about my education and school and i wants to do good and gets good grade.

Cristin April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Journal entry

I have never snitch on somebody but i did tell then to break the rules when i was like 10 or 11 years old I dont Remember but it was around that age my cousin wanted to go to play outside but his mom told no so i told my cousin to go out without her permission and after we […]

Dawry April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Journal entry

what I did in the last 24 was I sleep all day yesterday because I was finishing a essay for my global class about china trading opium with great Britain and after that I when to sleep.

Dawry April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Journal entry

one think i did in the last 24 hours was yesterday i was trying to go to my cousin house but i did it go because it was to hot outside and i had to stay home because i had a package coming

Dewry April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Something I did in the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself… what this shows about me.

Last night just before I took my evening shower and went to bed I sat down and created an “activity” within a playlist on Youth Voices. Here it is https://www.youthvoices.live/profilesetup/activate/. This wasn’t that hard to do because I spent the last several days making another activity, and on Youth Voices you can just copy a published page and use that […]

Paul April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Mirrors

I finally brought my car in today to fix both of my mirrors, which have been banged up beyond repair and I was holding on with tape. Yes, tape. I had been putting it off for a long time. This shows that I take care of useful and valuable things in my life, sooner or later.

Ms. Hernandez-Speer April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Journal” “Snitch”

Have you ever “snitched,” or told on someone else for breaking a rule? How did you weigh your relationship to that person, the trustworthiness of the authority and the legitimacy of the rule? It depends on the person also the problems they did if that very bad i will tell if not i wouldn’t tell at all. Also when it […]

Cristin April 6, 2021 April 6, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing I did for the past week that makes me feel good about styling my hair cause it show me i could be a hairstyle and doing people hair and have my own hair salon one day.

Cristin April 6, 2021 April 6, 2021
“Snitch”

This is one of my least favorite conversations to have with students every time I have to write someone up for some infraction: “You had to snitch?” When a teacher enforces a rule, which s/he should always strive to do as fairly as possible, s/he is not in an equal relationship with students. S/he is charged with their safety, well-being, […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer April 6, 2021 April 6, 2021
Have you ever “snitched,” or told on someone else for breaking a rule? How did you weigh your relationship to that person, the trustworthiness of the authority and the legitimacy of the rule?

I don’t know. When you are snitching you are going to an authority to inform on your peer. In my life as a teacher, my peer relationships have always been more important to me than the ones I’ve had with the powers that be. So I think my answer has to be “No, I’ve never snitched.” Really, though? I mean […]

Paul April 6, 2021 April 6, 2021
Stopping Hate Crimes

Ever since the begging of the pandemic Asian-Americans have been dying or have been getting called racial names and have been physically abused. I don’t blame the Asian-Americans for this pandemic because it isn’t there fault. We shouldn’t blame and discriminate them just because it came from China because what if it started or came from somewhere else. In an […]

Zachary April 6, 2021 April 6, 2021
Covid Vaccine

The Covid Vaccine has been more accessible this past month, giving us more knowledge about it. Some of the side effects that the vaccine has are tiredness, headaches, fever, and pain. Now that a lot of people are getting the shot a lot of business places are opening up like disneyland and restaurants. Not everyone has gotten the vaccine shot […]

Zachary April 5, 2021 April 5, 2021
Back to School

High schools are now going back to school and gave our parents a choice on either sending their kids to school or keeping them on home studies. For me going back to school was weird because I was used to being on zoom and the computer all day instead of being at school and in a classroom learning upfront. I’m […]

Zachary April 2, 2021 April 2, 2021
High School Sports

Playing high school sports feels different because after the games we would shake the other teams hands and also sports started late in the year. Practices have changed a little bit because the schools still want us players to take caution still and want us to have our mask on at all times. The schools and the county’s have shortened […]

Zachary April 2, 2021 April 2, 2021
Is it harder to grow up now than it was in the past? Why or why not?

No! i feel like is easier to grow up today because of how advanced our world has become. Technology is main reason why.

Keily March 27, 2021 March 27, 2021
What teachers at P.U.L.S.E. are expected to show about their classrooms

provide engaging opportunities promote teamwork use engaging materials give students time to reflect especially in virtual environments and remote settings

Paul March 26, 2021 March 26, 2021
Do big companies have a responsibility to contribute positively to society?

Yes! big companies contribute positively to society because they have to take care of their reputation and also what they product symbolizes.

Keily March 26, 2021 March 26, 2021
Is it important for people with different opinions to be able to talk to each other?

Yes! because by having different opinions they can come down to a conclusion and this can enforce the communication between them, and this is also one of the most prominent part of the differences they all have.

Keily March 26, 2021 March 26, 2021
Do we need the arts (music, acting, dance, drawing/painting/design) in our lives? Why or why not?

Yes! I feel like we need Arts in our life’s because without it some people wouldn’t be what they are today. For example singers, painters, actors in movies and so on. Famous people wouldn’t be famous if we didn’t need arts in our lives.

Keily March 26, 2021 March 26, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

For the past 24 hours i was sick and no i don’t have the covid 19 i was a little sick that all and now i feel better but those 24 hours i did is taking care of myself, making tea all days that show me i hate being sick and please take care of yourself don’t gets close to […]

Cristin March 25, 2021 March 25, 2021
I managed a new kind of TTT meeting.

How new is it really? I still do all of the inviting and some of the introductions, and I’m often the one stopping a presentation or asking for more. But it might become more and more an act of facilitating as we go. I like that three specific things bubbled to the surface. I think the tricider worked. Should I […]

Paul March 25, 2021 March 25, 2021
Falcon and winter solder

Yesterday I started a brand new show “The Falcon and The Winter solder” which’s made by the MCU. I started it yesterday and it was quit interesting, in general I really liked MCU movies and watching a show with super heroes of the Marvel world was pretty cool and this started at the beginning of the year with wandavision that […]

Tristan March 25, 2021 March 25, 2021
Lumumba Encore

Yesterday I started re-watching the film “Lumumba”. About 16 years ago, I taught a book that took place in Congo (Kinshasa) around the time of its independence for Belgium and the ensuing Congo Crisis, in 1960. I remember showing this film to my students, so they could get some idea of what things looked like and who Lumumba was (and […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 25, 2021 March 25, 2021
Are You Nervous About Returning to “Normal” Life?

After a year of living with new routines and habits, are there aspects of going back to prepandemic school, work and social life that concern you? No I will never be nervous because is nothing new at all we only be in lock down for a 1 years and I am used to it so we will be fine and […]

Cristin March 24, 2021 March 24, 2021
Journal entry

my favorite game to play online is NBA2k21 because basketball is my favorite sport and i like play with my friends online because i have fun

Dewry March 24, 2021 March 24, 2021
Concerns about the prepandemic school

In general I got no problem with the fact of going back to school and I really get it as a benefit. So many months at home doing school remotely made some difficulties in the general studies and I think physical school is better because you better get some stuffs by directly interact with the educators whereas remotely you will […]

Tristan March 24, 2021 March 24, 2021
After a year of living with new routines and habits, are there aspects of going back to pre-pandemic school, work and social life that concern you?

Again — and maybe this is my way — I want to change the question. Can we make it something like what can we keep from our new habits? How do we resist a return to normal with things that were not so good? How do we get people to not think of working on computers as a pandemic, remote […]

Paul March 24, 2021 March 24, 2021

I’m not a big player but the only game i have played is Call Of Duty. What i like about COD is that you can play with your friends and is a free game. Now you can play on your phone which before they didn’t have that. I would redesign the quality of the game.

Keily March 23, 2021 March 23, 2021
New Remote Option?

Should the Department of Education keep remote classes as an option for those who want it in the future? Why or why not? Yes because even as infrastructural issues such as internet connectivity and lack of instruments are prevailing, a research conducted by a team of faculty at Indian Institute of Teacher Education , Gand hinagar, has concluded that the […]

Cristin March 23, 2021 March 23, 2021
i remember

I remember being at school with worksheets and a pencil. i remember being able to go for lunch running around the school jungle gym with my friends playing tag i remember struggling with some tests and working harder to do better the next test i remember having trouble with using wooden chopsticks and they just fall out of my hands […]

Douglas March 23, 2021 March 23, 2021
Should the Department of Education keep remote classes as an option for those who want it in the future? Why or why not?

Yes! the DOE should definitely should keep remote classes as an option for those who want it because for some students it makes it easier or they able to manage online classes better. Students who lives far from school it benefits them also. Lastly there’s probably students that won’t feel safe due to the pandemic.

Keily March 23, 2021 March 23, 2021

What is a remote class? Here’s how I want the question to be asked: Should the DOE support teachers to make their teaching and students learning experiences flow as seamlessly as possible between face-to-face meetings and online synchronous and asynchronous learning? To this (rather tortured) question I would scream from the rooftops, YES! And yes, there are plenty of less […]

Paul March 23, 2021 March 23, 2021
Yes, Any Way Possible!

Yes, I think the D.O.E. should continue to offer remote classes even when in-person classes come back. Some people need a flexible schedule or need to be home for whatever reason. I do think there should be some criteria, though, as in, you’d have to show you can work independently. In general, I think the DOE should make it as […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 23, 2021 March 23, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

I have nothing else to say it the same thing over and over again but what i did on sunday is went to the park with my puppy jojo so he can get a fresh air and a walk also play with another puppy.

Cristin March 22, 2021 March 22, 2021
Journal entry

what i did the last 24 hours was yesterday my family was in my house and my grandma and my mom make food for the family and i was chilling with my cousins and my mom was playing Bingo with the rest of the family. what my family means to me is Happiness because i like spending time with my […]

Dawry March 22, 2021 March 22, 2021
Journal entry

One think i did in the last 24 hours was i when to times square with my mom and my grandma and it was a good experience because i have not been to time square in 3 years and this make me feel good about my self because i need to go outside more.

Dewry March 22, 2021 March 22, 2021
Birthday

My son turned 12 on Saturday, so I took him up to Ridge Hill to get some things he needed (pants, a bike helmet) and wanted (another dang Lego set). We ate lunch outside, because it was a nice day. When we got home, my daughter had baked his birthday cake with Oreos inside and out. He says it was […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 22, 2021 March 22, 2021
Kinds of Digital Discourse, Kumospace, Brendaly as an example, guides attached to posts… etc.

What’s been on my mind and what have I been doing that makes me feel good about myself has to do with feeling good about putting Brendaly into the middle of an online workshop with teachers (on May 1, Digital Discourse teachers — but could be others before and after that) that induces teachers to these newly described, not definite […]

Paul March 22, 2021 March 22, 2021
Journal entry

two days ago i had 20 dollars and me and brother need to eat something so i when to the deli and i buy platanos and sprite and we made fritos and salami and cheese and we eat it and after that it was all good.

Dawry March 19, 2021 March 19, 2021
Next steps for Teachers Teaching Teachers

Now I have set up a tricider for people to propose sessions for TTT. Take a look at https://teachersteachngteachers.org Take a look!

Paul March 19, 2021 March 19, 2021
Multimodal Literacy: NYCWP’s LRNG/NowComment Workshop for LUTE-STEM Residents

Teacher-Consultants in the New York City Writing Project jumped at an opportunity to create a summer workshop for the first cohort of LUTE-STEM residents at Lehman College in 2020. We knew how to introduce these young teachers to the theory and practice that has been central to our work with students and teachers in public New York City schools for […]

Paul March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Over the past 24 hours i did so far is checking all my classes and do my work and do the best i can cause i am trying to pass and finish high school.

Cristin March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
Favorite Game

Directions Describe your current favorite online/video game. What do you like about it? What would you redesign if you could? My favorites video game so far is friday the 13th what i like about it is you and your crewmate gets to team up and help each other to survives and also how jason gets to kill even though not […]

Cristin March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
Texts and messages

One thing I did in the last….week, really, that made me feel good about myself was sending emails and texts about coming to class and catching up. I don’t like to do it…not because I don’t want to help and support my students, but because I figure they are getting many calls, texts, and messages about coming back to class […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
One thing I did in the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself.

Oh let me see — in my journal here, I’ve been writing about the transition that Teachers Teaching Teachers is going through, because of COVID and remote learning, because of Kumospace, because it is time to shed an old skin… because I want to hand some of the responsibility and joy of doing this work off to younger teachers. So […]

Paul March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
Journal entry

What I did in the last 24 hours was watch movies and the movies that I watch was Falcon rising and Iron man 2 but I like Iron man 2 better because I am a big fan of marvel movies.

Dawry March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
Last 24hrs….

Something i did in the last 24hrs was get back on track on school. This made me feel good about myself because it shows I’m trying to finish school and not have totally given up.

Keily March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
Journal entry

what at did in the last 24 hours was watch movie with my brother and my mom and we was watching, Falcon Rising is a great movie to watch only if you like watching action movies.

Dewry March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
“America Means” Blog Post

When it comes to the topic of America, many people think of a place free from dictatorship, where every person has the ability to rise to the very top, and those who work hard are rewarded. If you were to ask white Marine Corps veteran Tegan Griffith from rural Wisconsin, she would say that to be American is to be […]

Owen March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021 American Creed, Berkeley High School
I’m So Old

I asked a question I can barely answer myself….I do play online games: the crossword puzzles for the New Yorker and the New York Times, and other word games on the New York Times app. Sometimes I play Tetris. Sometimes I play Solitaire. What I can’t answer is what I would redesign about them, other than the ads they bombard […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 17, 2021 March 17, 2021
Call of duty Mobile

I’m not the best in video games but I think I’m pretty good in some games like FIFA, FORTNITE but, my actual favorite game is COD or call of duty. I first started with the black ops edition and the Warzone but the COD that I mostly play is the COD mobile which is one of my favorite game and […]

Tristan March 17, 2021 March 17, 2021

Do we need the arts (music, acting, dance, drawing/painting/design) in our lives? Yes because just like art, music can make life extremely joyful and can have a huge effect on our mood. In the workplace in particular, music is something that can help people set the mood for what they are about to do.

Cristin March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021
America Means Blog Post

When it comes to the concept of “America”, most people think of pride for our country and freedom.  According to Ibram X. Kendi, “American” means accepting and becoming truthful of our actions because it is the only way we can grow from our mistakes. The article titled Denial is the Heartbeat of America addresses the importance of the contradicting quotes […]

Ginger March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021
Journal entry

we need art and acting and music because people can communique threw that and a bring people joy.

Dawry March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021
Journal entry

yes we need music, acting, dance, because people communique with each other threw all of that and it brings Happiness to life.

Dewry March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021

I feel like we are never without the arts — somehow. The question is whether the arts are used as an escape or pure entertainment — which, of course, there is nothing wrong with — but I want to reverse the question to say how can the arts be used to make our lives better? Does that make sense? How […]

Paul March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021
The Arts Make Life Better

They do, Period. Music, art, dance, all allow the viewer/listener to escape, enhance, enrich, educate….I went to an arts high school with no intention of becoming a performer, but what I learned about music and music theory and music history has touched everything I’ve done for the last thirty years. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021
One thing you did in the past 24 hourts thta makes you feel good about yourself ?

One thing I did between the past 24 hours was buy my mother a flight to come back to NY. I haven’t seem my mom since January so I’m very exited I got to buy her a flight and give her some money for when she comes home. Also I’m happy because since she’s coming back home I can get […]

Cristy March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021
What problems in your community do you think the local government (mayor, congressperson) should try to solve?

One problem in our communities that local governments should try solve its police services and involvement with the society. There’s a lot of violence going on in our communities and I believe if police officers showed more support to the people more often things will different between us. Nowadays you see arm robbery, homicides and more dangerous things that take […]

Cristy March 15, 2021 March 15, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One things i did over the past 24 hours is keep painting the wall of my room and hallway and living room kitchen bathroom that show me i love to become a painter and i love painting ode and i just wanted to pain some part of the wall where is a little bit dirty on it.

Cristin March 15, 2021 March 15, 2021
One thing I did that makes me feel good about myself

One thing I did this weekend that makes me feel good about myself is that I got 86 students up on Youth Voices, students from Bronx International High School. About 20 of these new students were actually put on the site in January 2018, and I can barely remember when we did this. I think it was part of a […]

Paul March 15, 2021 March 15, 2021
Roller Skates

Yesterday my daughter and I went to a roller-skating gathering organized by a neighborhood mom I know. We met at a schoolyard whose surface is nice and smooth. Four moms and their kids showed up. The organizer had music all cued (queued?) up and ready to play, and we skated for a good two hours. It was truly joyful fun, […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 15, 2021 March 15, 2021
America Means Ignorance

When it comes to the topic of America, many people think of our loyalty and our patriotism. Others may think of our economic strength or our democracy. According to Ibram Kendi, “American” means denying our past failures and pretending like our country is great and always has been. The article titled “Denial Is the Heartbeat of America” details the […]

Paul March 15, 2021 March 15, 2021
America means to be American

America means to be American. Now, when it comes to the topic “being American” most people may think that it means to be patriotic or to just be a citizen of America. But, according to the text “Denial Is the Heart Beat of America” by author Ibram X. Kendi, American means denying wrong doing of America. An example is the […]

Cyrus March 15, 2021 March 15, 2021 American Creed, Berkeley High School
Do movies and TV reflect the racial and cultural makeup of the USA yet?

Movies and TV do reflect the racial and cultural makeup of the society in USA. When we see tv shows, series, movies made in America you can noticed that its all type of races coming together as one country . I believe we shape America and when I say we i mean all races it shows diversity and union all […]

Cristy March 14, 2021 March 14, 2021
America Means ______

“America:” the richest, greatest, most bestest country in the entire world. Some people call it home. Some people want it to be home. For others, America has raped, destroyed, and subjugated their home. In the video titled “Marine Life in the Midwest,” we get a perspective from someone taking part in the aforementioned raping, destroying, and subjugating. Author Tegan Griffith, […]

Kurt March 14, 2021 March 14, 2021
Importance of talking each others while having different opinions

I really like to debate on thinks that I specially like and its important to expose our different opinion in this debates. When we talk about a particular theme or situation every one have to say what he really thinks so as to better interpret what someone wants to say. For example the vaccine of the Virus, in my opinion […]

Tristan March 11, 2021 March 11, 2021
Agree to disagree

I have never been a good debater. I end up trying to avoid hot-button issues with people if I don’t know them well enough to know what we agree and disagree on. I’ve had several conversations in the last year, however, that have tested my patience and tolerance. I have the right to my opinion, and I don’t like to […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 11, 2021 March 11, 2021
Is it important for people with different opinions to be able to talk to each other? Why or why not?

In the background as I write my 90-year-old mother is playing hymns on the piano, which is better than her sitting in her room watching FOX. Do I even try to talk with her? Well, we have a book of Broadway tunes at the piano too, and she is currently picking her way through “Oh what a beautiful morning…” and […]

Paul March 11, 2021 March 11, 2021

Is it important for people with different opinions to be able to talk to each other? Why or why not? I will yes because even though you and the other person have different opinions and don’t agree on it but how can we make and keep good friends even if we have different views and ideas I will say is […]

Cristin March 11, 2021 March 11, 2021

I believe it was harder back in the days for kids growing up because they didn’t have the opportunities or technologies we have today. Our society becomes way more advance every year and that makes it way easier for kids to grow & develop in many ways. The up coming society have better learning skills which make it easier for […]

Cristy March 11, 2021 March 11, 2021

Big companies can impact the society the in many different ways and I do believe is their responsibility to contribute in a positive one. One example I can use is Mexico Tulum, this place is full of new big companies either of hotels or places for tourist that brings money but also pollution to the environment. This companies are benefited […]

Cristy March 11, 2021 March 11, 2021
Journal entry

in my opinion yes companies no matter the size do not operate in a bubble and also the decisions a company makes impact their employees.

Dawry March 10, 2021 March 10, 2021
Contribution of big companies to the society

On my opinion big companies aren’t forced to contribute in the society but I think that will be benefic for them to do so. A big company will have to contribute on the wellbeing of his environment or society so as to attract more consumers to consume their product so as to increase their profit. It’s also important to to […]

Tristan March 10, 2021 March 10, 2021

Yes big companies do have the responsibility to contribute positively to society even if it hurts their soul. I say this because big companies have way more than enough cash to donate it to a charity or to invest into a small business.

Steven March 10, 2021 March 10, 2021

How do I write about this without being hypocritical? I depend on big companies like Amazon, Google, Facebook (Instagram), Spectrum (cable and Internet), Twitter, WordPress (where I’m writing right now) all of the time. And I THINK these companies “contribute positively” to my life and to society. Do I think we as a people have a right and a responsibility […]

Paul March 10, 2021 March 10, 2021
Journal entry

one think i did in the last 24 hours was i when to bjs with my mom and my brother and that means that i like helping my mom with the groceries.

Dewry March 9, 2021 March 9, 2021
One thing you did over the past 24 hours that makes you feel good about yourself. (feb/25)

One thing I did this day that made me feel so good an excited was visiting the ice cream museum with my co-worker . I always wanted to visit all the amazing places we have in the city and to me the ice cream museum is one of them . We took amazing pictures and it was such an interesting […]

Cristy March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
Journal entry

company not only impacts  the greater good of society but it has a positive effect on employee morale and customer loyalty

Dawry March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
Journal entry

company not only impacts the greater good of society but it has a positive effect on employee morale and customers and loyalty.

Dewry March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is fixing up my room and painting because i am moving out soon and i wanted to get the room a new makeup over so that what i did for those 24 hours that show me that i am a clean person also i guess i am a painter since i […]

Cristin March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
Watched the ALLSTARS GAME

As you surely all know yesterday the 7th march was the famous ALLSTARS GAMES at Atlanta. That was really cool to watch as I really like Basketball and practiced that sport for a moment. It was really cool even if my team, team Durant lost against Team LeBron. I particularly liked the 3point contest won by Steph Curry who is […]

Tristan March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
Beans

I made a big pot of beans from scratch last night, and they came out tasting pretty good. This makes me feel good about myself because in my house, our favorite brand of beans has been Goya. However, the CEO of Goya has been vocally supportive of Donald Trump, and I don’t want to give Goya my business any more. […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
One thing I did over the weekend that makes me feel good about myself.

Well I finished part four of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, and by “finished” I mean that I read chapters 21-32, I got these chapters recorded, then I carefully checked through the digital copy we have to find transmission errors when it went from a PDF to an HTML text and onto NowComment. So… the fourth of five parts […]

Paul March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
What is a story in the news that has caught your attention recently?

Well first I got to admit I barely watch the news on TV, while I’m using my phone I watch news reports in social media but also in Apple news. One thing that happened in February that really caught my attention was the massive stabbing in the A train station line . I’m usually the type of female that was […]

Cristy March 5, 2021 March 5, 2021
The Genius Behind Everlasting War

The image attached is what I created for my Quotation Inspiration presentation.

Ahmir March 5, 2021 March 5, 2021
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was play ps5 because i just got it on Monday and the game is really cool and is way better than ps4 because is a new generation.

Dewry March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
DNA Analysis

I recently found out that my father has a condition called Alzheimer’s disease. It’s something that older people get; eventually it causes dementia (confusion and memory loss). I had noticed some changes in my father’s behavior as he got older, but then a test confirmed it. He’s ok; pretty healthy, and he still knows who we are, so it’s not […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that i watch netflix all night and am watching the show calls the Flash.

Dawry March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is playing with my cousin baby she just give birth 3 months and he turn 3 months yesterday and he so cute and chubby and i was playing with him the all day i just love baby a lot.

Cristin March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
One thing you did over the February break that makes you feel good about yourself.

One thing I did during the February break that made me feel good about myself was going out to dinner for my friend birthday . I enjoy dressing cute and going out because that’s a way of releasing stress and also enjoy myself. We took amazing pictures, had good meals and even some drinks . Overall certain things went wrong […]

Cristy March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
What have you been taught about slavery ?

During elementary and middle school years I learned about so many cultures and world history and what mostly everything had in common was slavery. Slavery has impacted the world in many negative ways and till this day it still affect us. Slavery always been a major subject required for all of us to learn about in school or society so […]

Cristy March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
What do you and your friends discuss about race and class?

When it comes to speaking on race in class there can be a division that sometimes can lead to a comparison between Hispanic and Black. Usually those are the major races I around myself with so that’s what defines me. Sometimes theses conversations can turn into inside jokes or what we have similar and don’t but also union and love. […]

Cristy March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
Journal entry

the one thing i did in the february break is i when to my cousin house for 3 days because i haven see him in mad long

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

i been told that slavery was really bad because they use the to work for then like they are toys

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

about the tiger woods accident it was really bad i hope he’s ok

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was i help my mom cleaning the house

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was watch movies all night

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

is better to grow up now than it was back then because now we have internet and phone and computer and back then people did not have those things and life is better now then it was back then

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021

That’s an interesting question. One of the things I need to figure out is how change happens in the different neighborhoods in the Bronx. Brian Lehrer is doing a series each week on West Farms 10460 https://www.wnyc.org/story/west-farms-10460-overview/ and I’m learning from this how difficult it is to change a neighborhood like this. Okay… so I want to get this series […]

Paul March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
local problems In New York City

New Yok City is a very big and amazing city, but it has some problem that I think should be solved. First, New York City has a very high population density and could be a big problem in the sense of transports. As you know because of high traffic in the city, the citizens has to highly use the common […]

Tristan March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021

The local issues i believe that our mayor should try to solve, are the pot holes and stray animal issues. Pot holes cause many car accidents, especially on the express-way. There are usually always accidents on the express-way where cars are speeding and lose control because of pot holes.

Cristin March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Harder to grow up now than it was in the past?

Is it harder to grow up now than it was in the past? Because the thing is we were all little we didn’t have to do this or that and nw since we are growing we have to our part and to learn when we move out from our parents house we have gets a job , cleaning, cooking, doing […]

Cristin March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
Harder to grow up now?

I think things balance themselves out as time progresses. Technology has made many things easier, cooler, faster, but it is ruining the environment. There is more acceptance of difference and diversity than there was a century ago, but the conversations, places where we disagree, are often difficult and painful.

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
Journal entry

is better now because in the past the life style was different we have phone and the internet

Dewry March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
is it harder to grow up today than it was in the past? Why or why no

Oh, I don’t know. I mean, it has to be really hard now if you are a young person growing up with the uncertainty, sadness, and just trauma of this pandemic then I don’t think there’s any question that you have to have some sort of grit, some fortitude, some ability to grapple — or as I’ve learned from a […]

Paul March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
Advantages of growing Up today compared to the past

In this days it’s really amazing to grow up because of the internet and technological advance the society has done compared to the last years. In our current society kids can grow up in a very cool way because they their mental capacities developed more faster and better than the kids of the past years. Today a kid from 5 […]

Tristan March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
places we love

Douglas March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is practice for my driver test so i can one day get my dream car and i am so happy about it and i am just practice more and more into i am ready for the real test.

Cristin March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
Portrait Realism

This weekend was as normal as any day of the week. But this weekend, I just added some hours of drawing so cool myself and be better in my art works This Saturday I decided to do a realistic portrait of the the actor Dwayne Johnson with graphite pencils. This was really funny and cool because it’s being a moment […]

Tristan March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021

Okay, so I started working on a curriculum that is Bronx-centered and focused on the current primary season. I was going to write about upcoming elections, but we are in the middle of it already! What I think I’m figuring out is how to build a new project out of existing playlists — thinking about how to make them more […]

Paul March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
Taking a knee

People always have a purpose behind their actions. Athletes just like us sometimes have tuff history and believes they protests and stand on. Taking a knee is a different way of protesting for a cause in the most respectful and peacefully way . I totally agree on taking a knee on important and famous events  because is a way of […]

Cristy March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
where im from

I am from acer my monitor, from bounty and logitech   I am from the jungle gym in the park  a few streets away from me   I am from the chinese food the subway smells  the halal food stands   i am from chicken and duck   from my dad and mom   from jokesters, and hand me downs […]

Douglas February 28, 2021 February 28, 2021
Why is race so difficult to talk about?

I believe race is so difficult to talk about for many different reasons, Your race besides your name can be one of the major aspect to define you as a person. Most of the time the way we live , dress and behave has a lot to do with our race and the history behind it . Racism has to […]

Cristy February 28, 2021 February 28, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is reading a book for driving cause i am going to take my driver test soon and i did a practice quiz and i got a 18 out of 18 so 100% so that good for a first time and wish me good luck.

Cristin February 25, 2021 February 25, 2021
Planning My Future

Yesterday I had really good time and decided to think about my future what I really wanted to do. Since two years already I really got interested by the Animation world, By animation I’m talking about the job of production and commercialisation in general. I planned to first do my college in the computer science and graphical illustrations before thinking […]

Tristan February 25, 2021 February 25, 2021
I found food in the freezer

Sometimes I feel lazy about cooking, but we gotta eat! Sometimes that means we order food, but we try not to do that too often, because it’s more expensive, and it involves more plastic waste and garbage, and it’s a little risky in the pandemic. So, I went digging in the freezer, and I found something I could cook. This […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 25, 2021 February 25, 2021
Tyger wood injured

I got the information of this incident just today and its really a good coincidence with the journal I’m supposed to write today. As I wok up today at 6 A.M, I was shocked by the breaking news of the famous Golfer Tyger Wood, It have been told that the Cops where called at 7A.M and that the Golfer was […]

Tristan February 24, 2021 February 24, 2021

Let’s see… I’m interested in all of the go back to school news/controversy because I think different groups — parents, teachers, policymakers — talk around each other and rarely are youth considered. And it is such a different question at the different ages. Within that whole thing, I can’t believe that the Biden administration is saying that NY tests have […]

Paul February 24, 2021 February 24, 2021

Well the covid 19 cause all i see in the news is covid about the vaccine and less people are dying which that good since the number went less to 46,562. But this covid has affect everyone their loves one died more are losing jobs others are fighting and getting bored of each other during this covid 19.

Cristin February 24, 2021 February 24, 2021
The News

The news that has been catching my attention most recently is the violence in the NYC subway. Last week, a homeless man stabbed three other homeless people, one of the died, and one of the stabbings happened at my home station, which is 181st street, on the A train line. I know that mental illness made that happen, and the […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 24, 2021 February 24, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing over the past 24 hours is looking for a job and also soon on april i will get my id and i am happy about it to get a job soon and my id as well and that show as a young girl i could go to school while still working.

Cristin February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
Journal entry

on my opinion slavery is not good because they use the people to do the work for them.

Dewry February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
slavery

Slavery, that’s a topic that I’m particularly interested on as an African youth. In my country this topic is really common in education and there is one that particularly touched me, and that was the Haitian rebellion lead by ‘Toussaint Louverture’ This slave rebellion started in 1791 and was the most successful of all because of the strong conviction of […]

Tristan February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
What I was taught about slavery

I remember learning about slavery’s wrongness long before I really understood its economic meaning. I’d even go as far to say that I learned it was wrong before I knew what it was. It was a sort of knee-jerk education in terms of the word and context. I remember thinking in terms of the Civil War, “the North was good […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
What have you been taught about slavery up until now?

There are a few recent bubbles of thought bouncing around in my head. I was just listening to a history professor — the president of Rutgers College — talking about how you can’t understand American history without understanding that America was built on the institution of slavery. Yesterday, a student who is reading Stamped asked if the is slavery anymore. […]

Paul February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
The Culpability of the Texas State Government in Recent Texas Winter Storm

With so many problems plaguing our country today one would think state governments would be taking action to avoid further complicating matters, especially a prideful state government. However, this apparently is not the case when it comes to the Texas state government whose arrogant amount of self-confidence prevented them from making the decisions necessary to prevent a winter storm from […]

Victoria February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Well over the past 24 hours i did was went to my computer check each of works i miss and do it and not only that i was helping one of my friend with his homework since he needed to learn spanish and he doesn’t know it so he went to me of course as a good friend  i teach […]

Cristin February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
Journal entry

one think i did this week was i when to my cousin baby shower and he is having a boy, and we was drinking liquor and next day i was watching movie all day and later that day i make some home make taco with my mom.

Dewry February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
On the up and up, I hope

Well, I started the February break by getting my second COVID vaccination, so that makes me feel a little more hopeful that as more people get the vaccinations, the closer we can get to a more normal situation (I think some things have changed forever, but not everything). However, just a day or two after that, both of my parents, […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
One thing I did over the break hat makes me feel good about myself

Let’s see, I solved a problem, but this doesn’t really seem worth writing about. But maybe. On Youth Voices, we have these “Habits of Mind” awards we can give to students, and when Chris Sloan gave one 10 days ago, I said that it was like putting a star at the top of a student’s paper — except it was […]

Paul February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
Media Diversity

Do movies and TV reflect the racial and cultural makeup of the USA yet?  One of the ways in which films affect society is by expanding our knowledge of history and culture . Some movies are like history lessons to the viewers, since they show real life past events. Films  also describe and explore different cultures around the world.

Cristin February 11, 2021 February 11, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 2-9-21

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is helping my mother since she was very sick and i took care of her and feed her and others things as well that show me i am a good daughter to her and it very important to help sick people to get better and that make people know you are […]

Taking a Knee

What do you think about professional sports players kneeling as a protest action before games? I think Many people adults and youth alike look up to athletes, giving them the power to influence public opinion.

Even though i wasn’t here i know me and my classes will have different opinion when it come to race.

Why is race so difficult to talk about?

Talking About Race is a new web portal from the museum that’s meant to spark discussion, community building and self-care after the horrifying death of George Floyd at the hands of police.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 2-2-21

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is learning how to do different hairstyle that make me feel good cause one day  i want to do be a hairstyle and someday build my own company.

Journal entry

one think i did in the last 24 hours was help my mom with the laundry and that make me feel good about my self because i like helping my mom

Dewry February 10, 2021 February 10, 2021
Journal entry

Yes, because there are a lot of films that are about culture in all countries.

Muncho Chamba poqito dinero

I am currently at work. This is my 9-5. I am the person in charge of the kitchen. This job is a lot of responsibility more than taking care of a new born baby. I work in the Lower East Side (LES) in a Mexican restaurant called Barrio Chino. My responsibility here is to make sure that every single plate […]

Steven February 9, 2021 February 9, 2021
Journal entry

think is important to take a knee before games because that is like you pay respect to other people and even the people don’t like that and they think is disrespectful in my opinion i think they should because that being respectful.

Dewry February 8, 2021 February 8, 2021
Take a Knee

I approve of taking a knee during the national anthem as a sign of protest. I’m aware that it makes some people very angry; however, I see it as a quiet yet visible expression of one’s right to disagree with many things that are done in the name of their country and their flag. As it is, when the national […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 8, 2021 February 8, 2021
Defining the Need for Skills Acknowledgements

Why do we need skills, an assessment tool, on Youth Voices? Fair question, especially since simplicity is the key to success for online learning systems. But also, asking youth to pay attention to recommending each other for skills and also creating them for us to use all takes time away from other reading and writing and learning they might be […]

Paul November 1, 2020 February 5, 2021
Why is it sometimes difficult to talk about race?

That’s a great question. Even the first thing that came into my head seems like it’s wrong to say, and I want to edit the thought or correct it before I say it. So this is a good example. What I want to say is that race is used too often in ways that are unhelpful to understanding the problem. […]

Paul February 3, 2021 February 5, 2021
Journal entry

Because is to many race with young children parenting to be bully

Dewry February 5, 2021 February 5, 2021
Journal entry

One think i did in the last 24 hours it was watch movie with my brother and my mom

Dewry February 5, 2021 February 5, 2021
My classmate’s reaction about race issues

In general I don’t really talk about this delicate issue with my school mates but in some particular cases I do talk with them about it, and their reactions are pretty surprising. In the following paragraph I will be discussion with you on their personal opinion and what I really think about it. Most of my classmates are from Africa […]

Tristan February 4, 2021 February 4, 2021

When the topic of race and class come up, my friends feel that the ‘White’ people run the country. I feel like Hispanic, blacks, and people of other ethnic are the reason why America runs. There is a lot of back and forth because they believe that the working class should always provide for the wealthy. But I believe that […]

Steven February 4, 2021 February 4, 2021

There’s no short answer to this question, so I’ll just tell a story: About 5 years ago, there was a woman in the news a lot named Rachel Dolezal. She was a professor of African and African American Studies at a college in Oregon, and she was very active in politics in the Pacific Northwest. As it turns out, she […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 4, 2021 February 4, 2021
Race is Difficult to Talk About

Wow, it’s even difficult to write about. Why? In my experience, it’s because I don’t want to hurt anyone, or say anything that could be construed as racist, and also be truthful. Being truthful can expose the holes in one’s knowledge, otherwise known as ignorance. Over the years, through some painful lessons, I’ve started to find ways to ask questions […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 3, 2021 February 3, 2021
Why is it difficult to talk about race

Race have been a very delicate subject to talk about since many years. since the annexation eve in the 1880’s race have been a kind of subject matter or conflicts around the world due to critical factors like skin color, culture and more factors which have caused bloody battle through the years . Racism is the most common negative effects […]

Tristan February 3, 2021 February 3, 2021
drawing

I’m drawing since I’m a little kid and I really to do that. Last week I decided to do some arts and share it on my instagram page because I think I’m really good at that and maybe can be a major icon on web through my art. I first drew Morgan freeman and I was feeling really good because […]

Tristan February 2, 2021 February 2, 2021
Managing posts on Youth Voices

It’s not such a noticeable thing I do, but I went through about 20 posts on Youth Voices yesterday, editing and making sure that each post is a good as it can be — and that it is in a category that fits the UN Sustainable Goals, and there is. tag to the school page, and a proper image, and […]

Paul February 2, 2021 February 2, 2021
Digital journal

I do think remote learning should be an option for those who want it because it may be easier for them , from my own experience I actually liked it

Brendaly January 26, 2021 January 26, 2021
The Impact of Pollution on Ducks

Imagine: you are a toddler, shopping with your mother. On your way from the car to the store, you walk across a bridge that vaults over a river. Three ducks suddenly rise from the banks of the river and soar up, over the bridge and past you. In awe, you tug on your mother’s hand and point at them with […]

Rachel January 23, 2021 January 23, 2021
A Continuation of the analysis of To HIs Coy Mistress- R*pe Culture and Rejection

TW: rape/discussions of violence against women/mentions of sexual content With the resurgence of the Me Too movement, discussions of rape culture, and the discourse as a whole over women’s experiences in the world and how everything from the way we dress to how we breathe revolves around men. The internalized male gaze and compulsive heterosexuality Are two examples of the […]

Emma January 22, 2021 January 22, 2021 feminism, poetry, rosary high school
alien evasions

Aliens came to my home and took my sister about a year ago. We have been looking for her  since. Recently, I had these feelings that she is really  close by.  So, i went to look for her and i saw her in an alleyway but she wasn’t normal, she was glowing green and she was eating something that […]

Kylah January 22, 2021 January 22, 2021
Remote option

Now that you have had a chance to experience remote learning, do you think it should always be an option for those who want it? Why or why not? Some students learn better at their own pace  At the same time, remote learning allows students to wake up later than they would for a typical school day. The extra sleep […]

Cristin January 21, 2021 January 21, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 1-25-21

one thing i did over the past 24 hours is modeling since i am getting a job and i wanted to do model of course so they wanted to see how i walk also doing pics.

Mission Catastrophe

“2 days before the end of the world.” It was a normal day for the town of quinlittle, but little did they know something catastrophic was coming their way. There’s a family called the Kimilo’s. One day Tony Kimilo and his father Jeffrey Kimilo the meteorologist were in the woods studying the weather. Tony’s father knew something was off and […]

Ahmir January 21, 2021 January 21, 2021
Emergency Services

Emergency services,  hospital workers in particular.  Hospital workers go through thick and thin working.    They are the only people I know that work day and night, 24/7.  I praise hospital workers because they are strong human beings.  They may work 20 hours straight  and still have the ability to come back and do it again the next day.  […]

Ahmir January 19, 2021 January 21, 2021
Digital Journal

I think maybe 9 or 10 and below is too young for an iPhone because they won’t really need it yet

Brendaly January 21, 2021 January 21, 2021
Digital journal

today for Inauguration Day I feel happy that trump is finally getting kicked out of office and we will now have joe Biden officially as our president so misery will finally come to an end

Brendaly January 20, 2021 January 20, 2021
Equal.

We all a have soul.    We all have a heart.    We all  bleed.    We all cry .    We all live .    We all die.     I’m not any different than you.   You are not any different than me.    We are all made equally.                      […]

Jahnya January 20, 2021 January 20, 2021
Journal entry

am going to say that young is like 14 to 15 for a teenager to have a smart phone because thats a good age for a teenager to have a phone for example they may be going into high school freshmen year and they need to have a phone. like me i got my first phone went i was 16 […]

Dawry January 19, 2021 January 19, 2021
Journal entry

am going to say that young teenager at 16 because they discover new things as they growing up

Dewry January 19, 2021 January 19, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 1-21-21

That’s day i went shopping to buy some dress for my bday on the 27 of this month and went to do my nails also buying crown.

Cristin January 17, 2021 January 17, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Over the past 24 hours i did was doing my work from my other classes.

single mother hood

Having two kids is a hard thing but u have to stay strong for ur kids. You have to be the mother and father.  You might have to work multiple jobs.  Being a single mother is a struggle but its worth is once u see what you have created.  All the hard work pay off.  But the real struggle is […]

Kylah January 15, 2021 January 15, 2021
Digital Journal

Something I did over the last 24 hours is take my dog for a walk and this shows that I care about my dogs physical state

Brendaly January 14, 2021 January 14, 2021
Their eyes were watching god

Janie is a  character her archetype changes dynamics over the course of the book. At the beginning of the book she is the archetypal survivor. This can be seen on paragraph 5 of part three, where the author writes:   “She hated her grandmother and had hidden it from herself all these years under a cloak of pity. She had […]

Brendaly January 13, 2021 January 13, 2021
Digital Journal

One thing I did over the last 24 hours is drink ginger lime tea in order to help me with stress and Anxiety, and what that says about me is that I care about my mental and physical state

Digital Journal

what makes a good teacher?, what makes a good teacher is Patiences so they won’t get annoyed when having to explain the work multiple times when someone doesn’t understand and being able to explain the work in a way the students will understand

Journal entry

if you work hard you will succeed in the future

Dewry January 13, 2021 January 13, 2021
Journal entry

for me i think hard work is important because if you work really hard you going to become something in the future

Dawry January 13, 2021 January 13, 2021
Smartphone

How young is too young for a kid to have a smartphone? Why? I feel like a kid should gets a phone when they are responsibility with it also when they are a bit older like 6 to 8 grade.

Cristin January 12, 2021 January 12, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Helping my mother with her paper she needed help with before she went to DR.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Nothing much i did in that date of dec 9th i was just sitting on my couch watching tv.

What is a Hero?

What is a hero? a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities: “a war hero.” Also brave man, champion man of courage, great man.

Other Parts of the World

Should we care about events in other parts of the world? Why or why not? We should care about events happening in other parts of the world so we can make friends with those parts, because that way we won’t have to go to war with them and we will have peace.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 12-23-20

i was with my grandma place since my mom left to DR so i spend New year and Christmas with her and my uncle and my brother.

Another Language

Should everyone learn at least one other language? Why or why not?  I mean is depends on them if they wants to or not but for me i know English and Spanish but i also learning to speak french as well.

Teacher’s Identity

Does your teacher’s identity affect the way you learn from her/him? Why or why not? No i mean they should’t because that how the way they learn there no reason to feel that way at all people teach others different way that how life is.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 1-7-21

spending time with my family.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 1-14-21

Just doing all the homework i just missing to catch up with my grades since i am doing well with my credits i went 7 up.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Just cashing up with the homework i am missing that all.

Good teacher

What makes a good teacher teaching students on what to do , helps them, be there for them when they need the opportunity from the teachers.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Nothing much just looking for dresses for my 18 birthday coming up soon.

Journal entry

a good teacher is a person who help you doing your work one time i was file the class and she helped me finish my and that approval that i want to pass the class.

Dewry January 12, 2021 January 12, 2021
Journal entry

what makes a good teacher is a teacher that help you like one time when i was in middle school and i need it to do a project and i did finish it i told that i was going to file the class and she help me do it and i did the project and i past the class.

Dawry January 12, 2021 January 12, 2021
Journal entry

I am afraid of the zoo because is some of the animal that I dont like for example lion and snake and crocodile and bears.

Dewry January 11, 2021 January 11, 2021
Journal entry

is important to learn at least another language because if you know different languages thats going to help you in the future like getting a job or you can make your own work. like for example me i know spanish and English am from the dominican republic and i came over hear when i was 12 years old and know […]

Dawry January 11, 2021 January 11, 2021
Digital Journal

Something I did in the past 24 hours is science work and what this shows about me is that I’m trying to stay on track and not be behind on work

Brendaly January 11, 2021 January 11, 2021
values

My family has many important values, the 2 values that i will discuss in this essay are citizenship and Determination these values are important because of three main reasons  . 1 bceuase we believe helping out community is good. 2, we believe that once u do something u have to finish it  no matter how hard. The first value my […]

Kylah January 8, 2021 January 8, 2021
2020 is hindsight

The year 2020 was interesting, to say the least. Today in class we’ll reflect on the past year. Annotate the article A Year Like No Other, The Year in Pictures 2020 on NowComment (Links to an external site.). Add at least three comments or replies to other people’s comments, or to the images themselves. Comment on one of the posts that is […]

Chris Sloan January 7, 2021 January 7, 2021
Digital Journal

Independence-now that I’m an adult I think independence is something that I really need to learn like me getting a job to earn my own money diligence-I want to be more focused on my work   growth-oriented – I want to better myself and work on things I feel like I need improvement on

Brendaly January 6, 2021 January 6, 2021
Digital Journal

My teachers identity doesn’t affect how I learn from him/her because I don’t think about it

Habits Labels and Links

User input lable: Choose a user whose work, in your opinion, demonstrates this habit. Nomination button text: Click here to add this habit to the profile of a user who has work that shows this ability, power, practice, or disposition. Notes input label: Describe and paste links to this user’s work that shows this habit in action. (The box expands.) […]

Paul January 5, 2021 January 5, 2021
Digital Journal

Yes people should learn at least one other language because then they’ll be able to communicate with more people and it can help them get jobs cause it attracts more of a variety of customers

Brendaly January 5, 2021 January 5, 2021
Their eyes were watching god

Now that I’ve read over half of  “Their Eyes Were Watching God” by Zora Neal Hurston.  I appreciate this book because it gives me a deeper insight on how life was back then for an African American woman. It makes me think on how some of these women may still be facing those same struggles in this day and age.  […]

Brendaly December 31, 2020 December 31, 2020
Digital journal

I think we should care about events in other parts of the world because if they are in need of help and we have the resources in order to provide that help then we should , since if we were in that position we would also want help .

Why and How to Make Youth Voices Your Locus of Assessment

In the early 90s my colleagues at University Heights High School and I collaborated with David Niguidula, David Allen, and others from the Coalition of Essential Schools on a digital portfolio and assessment process. Our goal was to work with each of our students to produce a collection of digital artifacts to represent their habits of heart, mind, and work […]

Paul December 23, 2020 December 24, 2020
why important to worry about other countries and other people

that it is important to worry about other countries and other people in the world because we do not know when one of us may be in a pre-dangerous situation oh needy for example people from different countries who are sick and who are in need of the vaccine of the disease of the covid 19 to be able to […]

Yeiro December 22, 2020 December 22, 2020 juarnal
Should we care about events in other parts of the world why or why not?

What about the vaccine for the Coronavirus and who gets it first? I’ve been frustrated with an almost total focus in the United States on who gets it here first. And I’ve never been sure about what happens in other countries. Are rich, western (and Russia and China… ) going to get the vaccine first? When we think about distributing […]

Paul December 22, 2020 December 22, 2020
It’s All Connected

This is an easy one for me: yes, we should care about things that happen in other parts of the world. A great example is the smoke that traveled all the way across the country from the fires in California a few months ago. California is 3000 miles away, but we had the smoke in our sky for a few […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 22, 2020 December 22, 2020
Digital journal

A hero is someone who saves and protects other people from danger , someone who you can look up to .

Brendaly December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020
Journal entry

my mom is my superhero because she always there for me and my brother

Dawry December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020
Journal entry

A hero for me is a person that is always there for me, as always my mom protects me and my brother when we need her she is always there for us, and that way my mom is my hero.

Dewry December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020
Definitely more than a sandwich

I define a hero as someone who is willing to push through fear, discomfort, inconvenience, pain, or loss in order to achieve a goal for a greater good, even if it’s just helping one other person. They are afraid, and aware of difficulty, and they persist and do it anyway.

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020
What is a hero?

I resist the whole idea that someone can be a hero, although I’ve spent some time reading about Naomi Osaka who probably is a hero of mine right now. See this. Part of what I like about her is her ability to be great at what she does (play tennis) and pay attention to what is going on in the […]

Paul December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020
COVID-19 in the Native American community

COVID-19, the little virus from Wuhan which is now a worldwide humanitarian crisis, has wreaked havoc on the United States. Not only is the virus particularly nasty on its own, the government’s response has been less than adequate. As a completely separate issue, Native Americans in the United States have been consistently marginalized and backed into corners for the last […]

Kurt December 20, 2020 December 20, 2020
English Final

If you guys could give me advice on what to add to my English final that would be awesome! 🙂

Katie A. H. December 19, 2020 December 19, 2020
Gentrification in Native Americans

Gentrification  Cyrus Elder 12/16/20 I chose to study Gentrification because not only does it have a big impact on Native Americans, but it also affects the community I live in. Gentrification is when people native to an area get forced to leave due to not being able to pay for their homes because of the increase of pricing. The more […]

Cyrus December 18, 2020 December 18, 2020
6 word learning story

Am I on the right path.

Zahir December 16, 2020 December 18, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

oh nothing new just the same things as always.

Cristin December 17, 2020 December 17, 2020

I enjoyed getting together with other teachers from all over the country to just check-in, see how each of us was feeling… but also get a sense of what is next in our work together on NowComment and Youth Voices. At least I kept listening for what questions were coming up about our work with students. One thing I noticed […]

Paul December 17, 2020 December 17, 2020
Digital Journal

In the past 24hrs I have played with my dog and that shows that I give my dog attention

Brendaly December 17, 2020 December 17, 2020
TTT

Something I did last night that made me feel good about myself is that I went to a meeting of teachers called Teachers Teaching Teachers. I like the people who participate and I always learn something new. Last night I listened to teachers who are getting a lot of student participation, and some who are getting very little student participation. […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 17, 2020 December 17, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

trying to look for a job i miss working like last year when  i was working in publicolor i made money and i wanted to make my own money again and for the future to saved when i get my own place.

Cristin December 16, 2020 December 16, 2020
Bystanders

Do bystanders have a responsibility to intervene when there is trouble? yes because if you see a two people hitting each other you have to step up and break them apart, don’t let them hurt each other.

Bystanders

When I am close enough to trouble to have a good idea what is going on, I try to do what I can without putting myself in danger. I do this because I’d like to think someone might help me if I were in trouble, even if it were to make a phone call from safely across the street. Sometimes […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 16, 2020 December 16, 2020
Digital Journal

I don’t think a bystander has the responsibility to intervene when there’s trouble , it would be nice if they did help but they aren’t obligated to , it isn’t like they are the cops or know that person and helping them out might lead to them also being hurt in the situation

Brendaly December 16, 2020 December 16, 2020
That which does not kill us…

I guess it depends on the type and degree of suffering. I think that hard work and some degree of struggle builds character and resilience, and those are positive assets. Nevertheless, some things can damn near break and ruin us – childhood trauma, abuse, and the suffering that follows – and greatly hinder our efforts at achieving our goals. Think […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 15, 2020 December 15, 2020
Do suffering and struggle make us stronger and lead to success? Why or why not?

Struggle and suffering seem like two different things here, so let me take them apart. Suffering is what happens to you and sometimes there are terrible things that happen that don’t make us stronger at all. I think we accept this on a physical level. When we contract a disease that slows us down we don’t imagine that we are […]

Paul December 15, 2020 December 15, 2020
Digital journal

I think suffering and struggles does make us stronger , it helps us learn life lessons and teaches us ways to resolve problematic situations faster

Brendaly December 15, 2020 December 15, 2020
Suffering and Struggle

Do suffering and struggle make us stronger and lead to success?  no because many people just end up giving up on them self. Also is hard to some of us not all of get through it.

Cristin December 15, 2020 December 15, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

planning stuff for my 18th birthday that coming up next month.

Assemblage of Ideas: Tuesdays With Morrie Quote
Ben December 15, 2020 December 15, 2020
Their eyes are watching god

Further into “their eyes are watching god “ Jania and joe moved to a town made for Pocs (people of color) and in this town they see that there isn’t much progress taking place so joe takes it upon himself to buy more land in order to expand and make more room for there  to be new work places and […]

Brendaly December 14, 2020 December 14, 2020
The Popularization of Rubber Ducks

The Popularization of Rubber Ducks       One object has floated consistently through the lives of most people, shining bright, yellow, and cheerful. A toy present at bath time for babies, prominent in advertisements, shows, and an overall quiet presence in life: rubber ducks. The rise of rubber ducks into fame is characterized by the development of the duck into what is […]

Rachel December 11, 2020 December 11, 2020 Rubber Ducks
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

nothing much i just do my works even though i don’t be on my meetings i still do the works.

Cristin December 11, 2020 December 11, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

just doing my hw just to get good grades.

Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was yesterday i make rice for me and my brother and that show about me that i like cooking

Dewry December 10, 2020 December 10, 2020

Let’s see. Yoga… TTT … Ah, maybe that. I’ve been trying to create a set of curriculum materials that include both “How to” do the technology instructions and instructions for how to write a poem AND a template that would — for some — pull it all together. And I’ve been trying some of this out. Last night a teacher […]

Paul December 10, 2020 December 10, 2020
Being myself

This weekend I took my kids on a hike in the mountains (yes, it was really cold!). When we got there, I was fussing around with my backpack and my phone, getting things ready to go. While I was doing that, my daughter said to me, “I’m really glad you’re not the kind of mom who always needs the newest […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 9, 2020 December 9, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours was yesterday i when on a appointment and it was good because its been so long seen i when on a appointment.

Dewry December 9, 2020 December 9, 2020

The first thing that comes to mind is running. Yesterday I started running a third time each day. What happens is that I try to increase the distance I run 10% every week, and I’m up to ten miles a day. If you do the math you can see that if I go out twice a day, I’m running for […]

Paul December 9, 2020 December 9, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours  was that i make food for me and my brother because it was nobody home yesterday and what that shows about me is that i like making food.

Dawry December 9, 2020 December 9, 2020
Assembled Ideas

I did this for “There are not schizophrenics, there are people with schizophrenia…” What are your thoughts on it?

Madison December 8, 2020 December 8, 2020
Digital Journal

I think somethings  happen for a reason like the virus happened to help the environment with like air pollution

Brendaly December 8, 2020 December 8, 2020
Does everything happen for a reason?

Probably not, but I think life is easier to take if you look for reasons in everything that happens. So I would never take a tragedy — like my son’s dog getting sick and having is front, right leg amputated — but I do this rationalization in my head about how we will still love the puppy and maybe even […]

Paul December 8, 2020 December 8, 2020
Toxic Masculinity

Adherence to traditional male gender roles that consequently stigmatize and limit the emotions boys and men may comfortably express while elevating other emotions such as anger is what toxic masculinity is defined as. Toxic masculinity plays a big role in our daily lives and we see it all the time on social media, in movies, out in public, and pretty […]

Sara December 7, 2020 December 7, 2020
How much control do you think you have over how your life turns out? Why? Write your response in a Youth Voices Journal Doc

Control? Ah, I was walking in the park on Saturday. It was a very windy day and we were walking just above the Hudson River with gusts pulling us all around. Then I saw a dad with his daughter just about to fly a kite, and I remember thinking that this was an apt symbol of how little control we […]

Paul December 7, 2020 December 7, 2020
Digital journal

I think I have most control on how my life turns out because it’s my choice to study or do something that requires hard work in order to pursue a career

Brendaly December 7, 2020 December 7, 2020
Election Fraud

All the excitement for the November 3rd keeps on chugging, as President Trump claims widespread voter fraud. Proving this fraud could buy Trump another 4 years in office. But when I tried to research both sides to formulate my opinion, I found something interesting and infuriating. I could not find a single article that actually explained Trump’s side of the […]

dominic December 4, 2020 December 4, 2020 election, fraud, media, news, presidency
Voter Fraud

Election fraud is the talk of the town, but which side is actually true? Proving election fraud could buy Trump another 4 years in office. Researching the topic myself, I found something interesting. I literally could not find Trump’s side of the argument. All I could find are articles saying there was no fraud, or that Trump’s claims of fraud […]

December 3, 20

I chose a lone blue wolf as my profile picture because of their independence, complexity and intelligence. I want people to see my as a reliable individual who can be trusted, work hard, or do whats expect to be done. A lone wolf usually represents solitary, however, “a lone wolf is solitary and often alone, but she/he isn’t necessarily lonely, since […]

Amal December 4, 2020 December 4, 2020 journal
Their eyes are watching god

In the book “their eyes are watching god” I see it takes place back in the olden days ,following the lives of African Americans after slavery but we’re following their lives through the life of a young women named Janie and how she was brought up during these times not only as a African American but as a women . […]

Brendaly December 3, 2020 December 3, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

one thing i did over the past is doing my works that all i don’t be in my meetings but i still get the works done.

Cristin December 3, 2020 December 3, 2020
Walking the walk while parking the car

Something I did in the last 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself is that I figured out how to get a little exercise AND deal with parking my car, which is a nightmare in my neighborhood. I found a place in the park near my house that has 4 hour parking spaces, but no parking meters, so […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 3, 2020 December 3, 2020
Digital Journal

Something I did over the last 24 hours was drink tea in order to distress

Digital journal

I think hard work is more important because even if you have talent you still need to work hard in order to improve it

6 words – Brainstorm

Personality-                                      who am i-                             Believes- Mother                                 God fun                                                        proud Dominican                Things always happens for a reason shy at first always need answers scared to face my fears love to help others   I’m a proud Dominican who believes that things always happen for a reason. A young mother who always need answers.  

Keily December 2, 2020 December 2, 2020
Which is more important: talent or hard work? Why?

I feel like hard work is more important because if you have a purpose and a vision about something you want to accomplish with hard work and dedication i feel like is the most secure way. A talent can get you places but i don’t think as much as your hard working. In fact i feel like everybody has a […]

Keily December 2, 2020 December 2, 2020
Talent or hard work?

In my experience, people are impressed, wowed, by talent. It makes us go ooOOooh, how’d she do that? It’s especially impressive when it seems effortless. However, through what I have seen in my lifetime, it rarely is effortless. Talent, or innate ability, can be the seed from which a skill or ability grows. But if you don’t apply hard work […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 2, 2020 December 2, 2020
What’s more important talent or hard work?

People who have talent without hard work are just more tragic in their failure. Maybe it’s not fair for me to think of my youngest son in this light, but when he reads a difficult novel and has brilliant insights, makes a painting, composes a poem, and write a piece of music, or when he sings in a choir and […]

Paul December 2, 2020 December 2, 2020 journal
Digital journal

My Family wants me to pursue a higher education , have a job and a home of my own . I would say my family is very supportive of whatever I would like to do with my life as long as I have something going for myself and I’m happy ,that’s all that really matters to them so I would […]

Brendaly December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020 Digital journal
Quote Collage

“When the world comes crashing at your feet, its okay to let others help pick up the pieces” – Rupi Kaur

Abigail December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
Journal entry

what my parents want me to do is finish school but what i want for me is to find a job for myself

Dewry December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
Journal entry

my family wants me to do what i want to do with my life but they also want me to be something in life

Dawry December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
Are you ready for this?

My mom told me when I was in MIDDLE SCHOOL that I would be a good English teacher. I was not impressed with that idea at the time, but look at me now. I hope I’m a good English teacher….

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
An Assemblage of Ideas

Here is my quote and what I have been putting together for the past weeks.

Savannah December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
“Call your spirit back. It may be caught in corners and creases of shame, judgement, and human abuse.”- Joy Harjo

The photo below is part of my final project for English 11. It represents a quote from Joy Harjo that was used for weekly work a couple weeks back. I chose this quote because the poem is about learning to be yourself again, that’s my interpretation at least. It’s about being kind to yourself and reclaiming your personality and ambitions. […]

Jacqueline December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
What does your family want you to do once you are grown? Is it the same as what you want for yourself?

My family never had an specific thing for me that they want me to be once I’m grown but to be successful at whatever i choose to do with my life. I’m glad they are this way because it don’t give that pressure “oh i want you to this and do that” , they give me the right to be […]

Keily December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
Do parents have different hopes and standards for their sons than for their daughters? Why or why not?

I disagree with this because i feel like their shouldn’t be a difference. Both are your kids and both should be successful. Hope and standards should go for all your kids not just one because you love them both.

Keily December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
What can older people learn from your generation? What do older people misunderstand about young people today?

I feel like older people can learn from this generation many things like technology. Social media can be one of the things they can learn from , theirs many positive to gain from it. Also many new clothes styles. Old generation misunderstand young people today because that’s something they not used to it, and they misunderstand things work faster and […]

Keily December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
Write about something you are afraid of. Why are you afraid of it?

something I’m afraid of is not being able to see my son grow. This is a big thing for me because his my other half. The love i have for him is so big that only parents would understand. Also that’s my biggest fear because i know that’s something that he would remember for the rest of his life and […]

Keily December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
What is the best compliment you’ve ever been given? How did it make you feel?

The best compliment that i ever got was “you’re was a great mother”. It made me feel great about myself because as a young person it shows that I’m doing a good job and handling a big responsibility that a lot of people can’t.

Keily December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020
“Being Our Best Self During Challenging Times”- Quote for Fall final

“What Would My Best Self Do Right Now?”- Marc Brackett Hi! The picture included is the project I have for my Fall final. The project can be a lot to take in at first, but all of it has its own special meaning. If you observe the piece, the project is split in two. The left half is covered […]

Katherine December 1, 2020 December 1, 2020 fall final, quote
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

one thing i did over those 24 hours is being a hard working.

Cristin November 30, 2020 November 30, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

one thing over the pass 24 hours is taking care of my family.

something that you did that make you think about your future

Something that I saw during the day yesterday that I made myself think about my future and what I thought about this was when I was cleaning the house and I stopped for a couple of minutes in front of the television a movie called my attention because it was about creating things and selling them so that gave me […]

Yeiro November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020 juarnal
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was, i was watching movie all day and that means that i like watching movie because i could learn.

Dewry November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours is that i watch you tube all night because i have a you tube channel my self and thats what i want to do in the future.

Dawry November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
Last 24hrs….

In the last 24hrs i had a dentist appointment, and i know it may sound weird but i love going to the dentist because is my dream job. I enjoyed being there because i got to ask my dentist about being a dentist and becoming one. Also i enjoyed seeing how they work and keep everything sanitized and clean. This […]

Keily November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020

It seems like a small thing but I started setting everybody up to have their comments from NowComment appear on their activity streams on Youth Voices. This is such a small thing when the student or teacher sees it, but it wasn’t small at all to get web engineers and designers to work together to have the comments on NowComment […]

Paul November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
La Casa en Mango Street

Last night I read this book aloud with my son, who is reading it in Spanish for school (6th grade). I think I sound terrible while I read, but he says it helps him so much, he gets 10/10 on his daily quiz, and I get practice too. I think it is a very hard book to translate, though, and […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
Journal entry

growing up my parents had more hopes for me than my sister because they always told me to go out more but my sister never go out she always home.

Dewry November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020
Journal entry

my parents got more hopes for me than my sister like my mom tell me everytime that i need to go out more dont be in the house but for my sister is different because my sister dont go out she always home so i dont understand.

Dawry November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020
do parents have different hopes and standards for their son

I believe that fathers have different hopes and less concern for men than for their daughters because men can defend themselves and can defend themselves in any way that is necessary and most women have to depend on others but the woman has a better hope of having a life with family than that of a man because women have […]

Yeiro November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020 juarnal
Digital Journal

I think their standards for their daughters is to prepare them for a husband and teach them how to cook and clean for them and the sons are suppose to make a lot of money so he can take care of the family , and I think this comes from the ideology that women are suppose to be housewives and […]

Brendaly November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020
Daughters and sons

Well, I have a son and I have a daughter. There are some things I will expect from them equally, such as trying to become the best people they can, to work hard for their achievements, to help others, to be responsible for their own happiness, to be part of the solution rather than the problem, to take care of […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020
what I would have wanted for my future generation and what I do not want?

What I would have wanted for the future generation of mine was that my generation be educated and that they try to become the most millionaire they can but that they be responsible for all the charge that all that money is worth bringing to them and that they never think negative that always think the good before the bad. […]

Yeiro November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020 juarnal
Journal entry

older people can learn about awar generation because awar generation is more fun back then everything was different from now like the music and the clothes .

Dawry November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020
Digital journal

older people think that a lot of teens are lazy ,drug addicts and  uneducated , A lot of young people are more open minded then the older generation and I think thats something they can learn is to see life from more then one perspective

Brendaly November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020
Generations

Being middle-aged, I feel like I’m in a good position in regards to multi-generational teaching and learning. What I can learn from the generation behind me is how to stay flexible as a learner; to embrace technological tools that will help and enrich my life and avoid their toxic potential. What I think it’s easy to misunderstand about the younger […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020
Does trauma bring strength?

I’ll write about the younger generation and what I might learn from them, what I might misunderstand about young people today. I think there is something about resilience in the younger generation, a strength that comes from having survived so many traumas. I don’t want to be overly romantic about this, but maybe there is something there worth learning about. […]

Paul November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020
Does everything happen for a reason?

Do you believe that everything happens for a reason? yes because that how life is.

Cristin November 22, 2020 November 22, 2020
Control

How much control do you think you have over how your life turns out? most of it even though my mom control most of my life when i was younger but as i got older my decisions were made by me since i am about to turn 18.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

what i did over the past 24 hours is doing hair because i know how i do different types of hairstyle and everyone like it and they think i could be a hairstyle and work in a salon.

Talent or Hard Work?

Talent because i have talent and is much better and you can get famous or popular with any talent you have.

When you’re grown

What does your family want you to do once you are grown? they just want me to be done with high school go to college and get a job to earn money and be a independent women. Is it the same as what you want for yourself yes because that what i always want to do and i do make […]

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

what i did over the past 24 hours is taking care of my dog that show me that i am caring owner to him and i do anything to him.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

What i did over the past 24 hours is watching baking video because one day i will love to learn to bake.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

one thing i did over the past 24 hours is looking for a job because i miss being in my job but now i am looking for one to earn money.

Do parents have different hopes and standards for their sons than for their daughters?

Yes because parents hope for sons to be manly,smart and also good at sports specially on the paternal side.

Generations

What can older people learn from your generation new ideas because young people learn faster than old people since they don’t be on  technology  as we do. What do older people misunderstand about young people today that everything we do bother them and everything we said to them they wouldn’t understand at all.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i over the past 24 hours is helping my mom cleaning and cooking.

What you are afraid of

what i am afraid of being alone and snake or getting in a accident.

The best compliment you’ve ever been given

I am very a hard working person that i try my best and give everything i have done.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Buying gifts to my loves one this mean that i am a sweet caring person anyhting you want i buy it for you.

Something that made me feel good about myself in the last 24 hours

Something that made me feel good about myself in the last 24 hours was that yesterday I decided to finish my work and housework before you went out, something that had to be done so I decided to finish the duties and the trades first before I had to do  things  outside so this means that even if it is […]

Yeiro November 19, 2020 November 19, 2020 juarnal
Sit right next to her

Something I did in the last 24 hours that make me feel good about myself was to sit right next to my daughter while she made up some assignments she was missing. It doesn’t sound like a big deal, but I am trying to get her to be more self-reliant when it comes to schoolwork, so I really wanted to […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 19, 2020 November 19, 2020
Born a crime 2

In the book “born a crime “ which takes place in South Africa during apartheid , goes into depths about a life of a biracial child and his upbringing along with the upbringing of people of color during this era, he explains the lack of opportunities , racial stereotyping ,discrimination and abuse people of color had to endure as well […]

Brendaly November 19, 2020 November 19, 2020
something i’m afraid of and why i’m afraid of it.

i’m afraid of all the animals because i think they going to vipe me

Dawry November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
Digital Journal

I’m afraid of death because i don’t know what’s going to happen after that

Brendaly November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
What am I afraid of?

I kind of don’t want to start listing the things I’m afraid of because I don’t want to think about them. Well, I can talk about street rats. They are the only thing I’m squeamish about and freaked out by. I just feel like they are going to come at me, run up my legs and bite me like a […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
Something I’m afraid of and why I’m afraid of it.

The “it” here has me a bit stumped… or at least has slowed my start. Let me see, I’m afraid of getting hurt, disease, dying, people who I love getting hurt, getting a disease, or dying. So that’s pretty big, a pretty big set of fears. And during Covid, well I guess it’s obvious. So yeah. isn’t it obvious why […]

Paul November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
Something that I’m really afraid of and why

Something that I am really afraid of and terrifies me is that some of the nightmares that I sometimes have come true in real life, these nightmares are me dying or being killed, so I am really afraid of my dreams because what happened to me in dreams are not good

Yeiro November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020 juarnal
Plastic Bags Are Affecting Our World

As you can see when you go to a restaurant, grocery shop, anywhere you go you will find at least something that has plastic in it. Plastic bags are so cheap and a very useful way of traveling food and things you buy in grocery shops, but plastic is a very harmful source to our planet because it can affect […]

Yuma November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
Born a crime

Paragraph 11 of “born a crime “ by Trevor Noah might leave a reader feeling upset because it explains that in the time of apartheid in South Africa you weren’t Offered any opportunities unless you were white or at least close to being white and this was followed by the ideology that being anything but white wasn’t right and viewed […]

Brendaly November 17, 2020 November 17, 2020
Digital journal

my teachers telling me I’m hardworking is the best compliment because I try my best to. Complete my work

My best compliment

One time in college, an old friend (who went to a different college) told me I wrote the best letters she’d ever read. This was back in the 90s, when email was just barely becoming a thing, so people mostly still wrote to each other, because it was also expensive to make long-distance calls on the phone. I loved writing […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 17, 2020 November 17, 2020
The best compliment you have ever received and how this makes me feel?

The first thing that came to mind is what people sometimes say about me that I like. It’s mainly that I ground my work with digital discourse in the theory and practice of composition. Ah… yes, I remember an exact moment when — oh, what was her name? I’ll look it up — but she was in a presentation that […]

Paul November 17, 2020 November 17, 2020
the best compliment that someone have said to you.

The best compliment that someone have said to me in my life was that they told me that my eyebrows were too beautiful and very big that many women would derive anything to have an eyebrows like that and that the pretty they are beautiful. I felt very good because a woman told me so and she really liked my […]

Yeiro November 17, 2020 November 17, 2020 juarnal
Power of language and social media

Today in our society, one of our strongest gifts that every one of us has is the power of language. We use our power of language every day to express our emotions, how we’re feeling, how we communicate, and to get our point across whatever that may be. We have many technologies and platforms today that help us express ourselves […]

Sara November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
About Me? How to ask youth to represent themselves.

One thing I did this weekend was I made a widget box work on everybody’s profile. That might not seem that important, but here’s how it might be. If you go to my profile, you will see two Web Stories in the biography section of my About You widget. This is what I would like students to do to. So […]

Paul November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
Journal entry

one think i did in the last 24 hours was i went bjs with my mom and that means that i like helping my mom

Dewry November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
Digital journal

One thing  I did in the weekend is eat a healthy meal of carrots and avocados and this shows how I care about my health

Brendaly November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020 Digital journal
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that i went out with my friends that i haven seen in a long time and what that shows about me is that i need to go out more.

Dawry November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
something good that make you feel good about yourself. during the week

Something I did during the week that made me feel good about myself and that shows that I am a kind person was that yesterday, on Sunday, my sister asked me for a favor from two weeks before to help her with the move that she was going to move and she had no one to help her so on […]

Yeiro November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020 juarnal
ZOO’S CRUEL TREATMENT AGAINST ITS ANIMALS WAS PICTURED

ZOO’S CRUEL TREATMENT AGAINST ANIMALS WAS PICTURED   Picture of XXX zoo’s treatment against animals is being an issue. The picture is showing a keeper kicking the moose that was about to fall into starvation. When this picture was posted on the internet, netizens were raging about Zoo’s treatment of its animal. However, this was not the only reason that […]

Hyeonseo November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
Plastic Littering

Hello, my name is Ava. I will be showing you an issue that I had noticed while walking and viewing Kuala Lumpur. The issue that I observed was that there was a lot of plastic littering. As you might know, plastic is very harmful to the environment because it exudes harmful toxins. To start taking action against this problem, I […]

Ava November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
Humans Are The One who harms Polar Bears

Today, humans burn fossil fuels, cut down trees to live comfortably. One example can be turning on lights when we don’t have to. Using electricity makes fossil fuels to be burnt, which causes global warming. Global warming harms lives like polar bears that live in the arctic. They lose their habitat and starve because they fail hunting. If you want […]

Ian November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
COVID-19 Is Dangerous and We Have To Wear Masks

Estefano Lacayo   October 21st, 2020   Dear Donald Trump, the world is trying it’s best to fight the Covid-19 pandemic. You, as the leader of one of the most powerful nations on earth, need to set an example for the people who need your guidance in these tough times. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), 45 million people […]

Estefano November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
The Psychological Effect of Negative Words

One morning, a girl woke up feeling very anxious after not sleeping very well because she was worried about a presentation she had to give in school. Her mother happened to be feeling annoyed due to the family dog throwing up in the shoes she had just bought the day before. As the girl’s mind was set on […]

Rachel November 14, 2020 November 15, 2020 #RHS
A Research Poster on Palm Oil

Palm oil is a rising threat to the environment and palm oil that is produced in the way that the majority of it is produced has a gigantic impact on the future of our planet. Although many of you are sure you know all about palm oil there might still be facts that you are not aware of and some […]

TommyP November 15, 2020 November 15, 2020
Animal testing

If you look around the world, you may think that animals are living happily and peacefully. Some of them are, but some of them are living painful and horrible lives you can’t even imagine. If you want to know why they are living in such a horrible life, watch this video and find out! I want guys to watch this […]

Flora November 15, 2020 November 15, 2020
Digital Journal

I did a assignment in art about Walt & Disney , about their struggles and how they met and how the company came to be and I think it’s meaning full because its nice to know someone’s back story and how they achieved success because it can inspire other people

Brendaly November 13, 2020 November 13, 2020
A new change for our future

This is for you and for car companies. Have you ever heard of the SDGs? They stand for Sustainable Development Goals. They are 17 goals made by the United Nation Conference in 2012 at Rio Janeiro. You can also check it out here. My main focus is to make car companies start selling more cars at a reasonable price for […]

Naho November 13, 2020 November 13, 2020
Digital Journal

Something that I do that is important is that I talk to my teachers when I’m having trouble with my work in order for me to complete it and pass my classes and that shows that I care about my grades and trying to graduate

Brendaly November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that yesterday i was home and i was lising to music the all day and what that shows about me is that i like lising to music.

Dawry November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Journal entry

the last think i did in the last 24 hours i was home watching movies all day yesterday and that shows about me that i like movie

Dewry November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Something significant in the past 24 hours

I finished a Web Story about annotations yesterday. This is important because of the medium and my learning in that medium and because the content is important. I wonder if I can embed it here. Oh let me just link to it under an image. That might be enough of a challenge. Let’s see, here’s a link: https://www.youthvoices.live/web-stories/comment-while-reading/

Paul November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
journal entry

one thing that i did the last 24 hours that make me feel good about my self is that i saw a homeless man outside and he aid that he was hungry and i gave him some money so he can buy something to eat

Joan November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Positive Disruption

This morning, one of my coworkers was complaining about something they often complain about, and I overheard it, because they were in the stairwell right over the wall from my desk. It made me roll my eyes, because I don’t want to hear about it any more, and so early in the morning. Instead of going out to say something […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Give Education For Everyone

To: Middle school reluctant learners If you walk around the street, you may realize that some kids don’t go to school. Then you might think that they are lucky, but to those who can’t go to school, they think the opposite. If you want to know why they think the opposite Then watch this video to find out. Video link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DHXyx0hI_i68HVuBEXws8y02FbkK0vFC/view?usp=sharing […]

Rita November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Testing Docs

I’m just checking to see about authorship and how Docs show up on the Activity stream.

Paul November 11, 2020 November 11, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that i talk with my dad because he is not here he is in spain and what that show about me is that i like talking to my dad.

Dawry November 10, 2020 November 10, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours, yesterday i was at my grandma house and that mean i like going to my grandma house to visit.

Dewry November 10, 2020 November 10, 2020
Digital Journal

Something I did that was meaningful was spend time with my father , I went out to eat and hang out with him and quality time with my family is meaningful to me

Brendaly November 10, 2020 November 10, 2020 Digital journal
something good that make you feel good about yourself. that past 24 hour’s

something that make me feel good about myself the last past 24hrs is the yesterday i was home and there where not body here so i was by myself and The cat was hungry and I didn’t put cat food in the house, so I felt bad because I looked and looked to see if I found something to eat […]

Yeiro November 10, 2020 November 10, 2020 juarnal
on the sidewalk bleeding character traits

Andy , the protagonist in On The Sidewalk Bleeding, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others. One,he is curious. Two he> is hurt.  Three, <she/he> is unhappy These traits influence his relationships with others. “He did not know he was dying. He lay on the sidewalk, bleeding, and he thought only: That was a fierce rumble. They […]

Joan November 9, 2020 November 9, 2020
Something that I did during the week that make u fell good.

Something that I saw during the week that make u feel good  well was that on Saturday I was at home cleaning the house   and my mother called me to help her with some things that she had  buy but I told her that I am at home cleaning so i told her   if it is very far and she […]

Yeiro November 9, 2020 November 9, 2020
Where would i travel if i could go anywhere in the world.

Well i would like to travel to Egypt and experience the pyramids myself, even though Egypt is not all pyramids and desert but i would enjoy experiencing it myself.

Christian November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
Two things my family has taught me

Well first they have showed me to care for people no matter how bad they have done you, to always be the better person. Second they have always showed me to be humble and never ever underestimate anyone.

My digital Journal

the superpower that i want to have is i want to be able to run fast because if i can run fast i can save lives

Dewry November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
TWO things your family has taught you.

Two things that my family has taught me one of the things that my family taught me is to be respectful towards the elderly and also they taught me that if I want something in my life I have to fight for it and right now I am starting to work as an influencer of beauty and don’t talk to […]

Estefani November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
Journal entry

i want to go back to my country because i miss the food in DR the food is not the same here in my country the food is better and the beach is different too

Dawry November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
Where I want to Travel

There are so many places I’d like to travel; I’ll just make a list: Cuba:   To see some of the historical places I’ve read about and listen to music. Peru:    To walk around Machu Picchu, an archaeological site of the Inca culture. Brazil:  Wildlife, rainforest, people, music, food Scotland:  To climb some mountains and learn about some of my […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
after all this pandemic is over where do u wanna go

Well after all this pandemic is over I really would like to go to Egypt to explore the sands and their beliefs and learn about the mummies and their gods and the most important thing I would like to do is go to one of its historical pyramids and it just because it seen really nice and because i like […]

Yeiro November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020 juarnal
Digital Journal

I would like to travel to Italy and I would like to try different types of Italian meals and tour the towns and visit the beaches

Brendaly November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020 Digital journal
Journal entry

i want to go to los angeles and visit the stables center were the lakers play and see the players

Dewry November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
journal entry

if i get to travel anywhere i would rather go to dubai becasue is very beutiful over there and in dubai they have the tallest building in the world and i would love to see that and also the city is beutiful and i can enjoy life over there in dubai

Joan November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
demon slayer volume 1

Tanjiro Kamado is a dynamic character. His archetype changes over the course of the story. At the beginning of the story,he is the archetypal soldier. This can be seen on page 13, where the author writes:Tanjiro fights off the demon that is trying to kill him and his sister. So for his sister he fought off the demon and killed […]

Douglas November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
demon slayer volume 2

Tanjiro Kamado,  the protagonist in demon slayer chapter 2, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others. One, he is loving. Two, he is brave.  Three, he is dependable. These traits influence his relationships with others. “His sister became a demon and Tanjiro still stayed with her hoping to find a way to cure his only sister that […]

Journal entry

my family told me to treat people the same and be helpful with people

Dawry November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
Two things that your parents have taught you in life

Two things that your parents have taught you in life well those things that my mother taught me in this life is that I always work because I need to because nothing is free in life and the second thing that my mother has taught me is that I always be humble that he is not a bad person […]

Yeiro November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020 juarnal
Lessons from my Family.

One very useful thing my family taught me is how to drive a stick shift. My father started out trying to teach me. He was a very good driver, but he couldn’t articulate how I was supposed to let out the clutch and then step on the gas, so I kept popping the clutch, bucking the car and stalling the […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
Digital Journal

2 things my family has taught me is to work hard and to choose my friend’s wisely

Brendaly November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020 Digital journal
journal entry

Two things that my family Taught me was that one is that to help others and always if i see homeless people or people who need help to help them , the other thing that my family Taught is not to steal from no body becuause i dont know how much they work for to get that

Joan November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
two things my family taught me.

two things they taught me is cleaning, and don’t talk to strangers because one cleaning is important and two don’t every talk to people you don’t know because they will take you away and something bad could happen.

Cristin November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
Two things my family has taught me

Two things?! Okay, let’s see. I feel like my sons — both in their late 20’s — are teaching me about dogs. Pets are something that my wife and I never brought into our family, except if you count the few months with a gerbil before lost her. I don’t know what this is teaching me, but it is something […]

Paul November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
two things my family taught me.

two things they taught me is cleaning, don’t talk to strangers.

Digital journal

In paragraphs 142,145 and 148 of “The Last Spin” by Evan Hunter  may leave a reader feeling upset because it’s about two young men from rival gangs that are settling an issue by playing Russian roulette and even though this is the case they want to ditch the game and build a friendship with eachother but sadly it doesn’t end […]

Brendaly October 11, 2020 November 3, 2020 Digital journal
Digital journal

something I did over the past 24hrs is do gym work and history work , it’s meaning full to me because I’m trying to get good grades and pass those classes

Brendaly November 3, 2020 November 3, 2020 Digital journal
Over the past 24 hours…

I’m wondering how to consult with a student about her writing. We edit and suggest in the margins on Google Docs or on NowComment, but how do we have those moments where we ask a student to say more to explain what you mean by that or tell me a story about that. Then turn and say, okay now put […]

Paul November 3, 2020 November 3, 2020
Things i have done in the past 24hrs that made me feel good

One thing that made me feel good in the past 24hrs was going grocery shopping it’s good because you can obviously restock on food for the month. Also went out and did exercise and kept my body in motion instead of being home which sometimes can be unhealthy.

Christian November 3, 2020 November 3, 2020
Blog Post; Single Stories Affecting Our Societal Relationships & Behavior 

Single stories begin to affect our relationships with other people when we allow them to influence and dictate how we will behave towards others. The single stories that are most dangerous to society are told about groups of people. These are poisonous to our relationships because, when believed, these single stories can and often do negatively impact the way […]

Victoria November 3, 2020 November 3, 2020
Digital Journal

Something I did over the weekend is catch up on gym work and that shows that I’m making an effort to pass

Brendaly November 2, 2020 November 2, 2020 Digital journal
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours i was at my grandmother birthday and we did a party for her

Dewry November 2, 2020 November 2, 2020
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours is that i was helping my mom clean the house and what shows about is that i like helping mom

Dawry November 2, 2020 November 2, 2020
One thing I did this weekend…

Oh, not much, but let me think… One thing I did was I ran in the rain on Friday and on Sunday, a bit more than five miles each day, so yeah, that’s something. And I finished a revised, better (audio included) NowComment version of If Beale Street Could Talk… and what else. Oh, actually the thing I’m doing that […]

Paul November 2, 2020 November 2, 2020
somethin that make you feel good about your self

Something that makes me feel good about myself was two days ago that I was at a party and it was getting very late so my mom called me to tell me that it was good to be on the street so I could take home well First I told him that I was going to stay a little longer […]

Yeiro November 2, 2020 November 2, 2020 juarnal
Tracking Characters ”The Hate U Give” By Angie Thomas

What I’ve been thinking about since I started reading ” The Hate You Give ” by Angie Thomas is that in truth everything he’s saying in the book is pretty much the same as what’s happening right now and they’re killing black people and I really think that some police officers are really kind of racist. In the second chapter […]

Estefani October 29, 2020 November 2, 2020
Concepts of Pilgrimages: Canterbury Tales & the Western Wall

Typically, a pilgrimage is thought of by most as a long journey to a holy place of worship, a traditional, religious trip utilized in many cultures across the world. These journeys can be traced back to early periods in human history, and the same notions that pilgrimages are intended to have are still carried on today. Pilgrimages are not only […]

Jessica October 30, 2020 October 30, 2020 #RHS, Pilgrimage
Empathy

In today’s society one of the biggest issues people of all ages, genders, races, sexualities,  etc. is mental illness and the struggle with maintaining a healthy mental state. Statistically, “One in five American adults experienced a mental health issue”(Mental Health Myths…). Maintaining happiness and being content with the way one’s life is playing out is not always the easiest thing […]

Sara October 30, 2020 October 30, 2020 #RHS
Digital journal

Today I cooked scrambled eggs  and that shows that I’m capable making something to eat

Brendaly October 30, 2020 October 30, 2020 Digital journal
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the pass 24 hours is watching interesting video like baking because i love baking and stuff.

Cristin October 30, 2020 October 30, 2020
What Is My Hope for our community?
Samuel October 30, 2020 October 30, 2020
Why would i meet my book’s character.

Well one of the main reasons i would meet my book character is because she or he is very knowledgeable with religions, I would have a bunch of questions to ask about different religions.

Christian October 29, 2020 October 29, 2020
Moment i have stood up for someone.

Well i really haven’t stood up to many people because i always know what the right path & to keep the people close to me in the same right path. But in the future i know someone or i will need help standing up for what is right.

Digital journal

Andy, the protagonist in “on the side walk bleeding”, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others. One, he is stupid. Two, he is foolish. Three, he is scared . These traits influence his relationships with others. “I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t want to get mixed up in this. He’s a Royal. We help him, […]

Brendaly October 5, 2020 October 29, 2020 Digital journal
story time

A time i stood up to someone is with my bestie when someone wanted to fight her and hate on her over a boy and i went over there and told tell her what the problem and don’t talk to my bestie like that or else me and you have a problem soon.

Cristin October 29, 2020 October 29, 2020
a day that stand for somebody

Well, even once we were in school in 5th grade and I had a friend called Pedrito and when he went to school they always bothered him and one day I felt sorry and I went and told the other boys that if they continued then that they had to fuck with me too, so after that day they left […]

Yeiro October 29, 2020 October 29, 2020 journal
I spoke up for my coworker

I used to work with someone who had shared with me that mental illness ran in her family. She didn’t tell me anything specific about herself, but there were times when she could be really hard to talk to. It took me a few months to get used to working with her, but the more I did, I saw that […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer October 29, 2020 October 29, 2020
Digital journal

In the hate you give maya was standing up for Starr when hailey kept denying being racist and offending Starr

Brendaly October 29, 2020 October 29, 2020 Digital journal
My Digital Journal

one time that i stood up for someone was when i was in 10th grade in my other school, a kid was getting bullied in gym class so i went to the kids that was bullying him and i told them to stop because thats not good bullying other students.

Joan October 29, 2020 October 29, 2020
Who are the three most important people in your life right now? How would each of these people describe you if I asked them to?

The most important people in my life right now is my grandma mom and boyfriend. How each of these people describe me if you asked them to, well they will tell you she kind sometime quiet also smart girl, like things in my own way, very hardworking person, also a girl who want to focus on her career she want […]

Cristin October 1, 2020 October 29, 2020
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

one thing i did so far is helping my sister with her hw it show me i am a good sister.

Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours i was watching the baseball game  

Dewry October 28, 2020 October 28, 2020
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours is that i make dinner for my brother and what that shows about me is that i like making dinner  

Dawry October 28, 2020 October 28, 2020
Digital journal

In the book the hate you give I would like to meet Starr because she seems very smart and understanding of what goes on in her life and I would like to ask her about her experience to understand more about what she’s been through and had to go through for her fight against discrimination and injustice

Brendaly October 27, 2020 October 27, 2020 Digital journal
Digital journal

­

Joan October 27, 2020 October 27, 2020
Journal entry

the character that i want to know is tom robinson because he is the coolest

Dawry October 27, 2020 October 27, 2020
journal entry

the charcter that i would love to meet is atticus finch because Atticus is relatively well off in a time of widespread poverty. Because of his penetrating intelligence, calm wisdom, and exemplary behavior, Atticus is respected by everyone, including the very poor.

Joan October 27, 2020 October 27, 2020
what charater

Well I’m reading the book that I hate u give and I really would like to meet kenya because she is a good person and trouble girl and fun

Yeiro October 27, 2020 October 27, 2020
one character i will love to meet.

so one character i will love to meet is scout because his vibes and i look who he really is in his story.

Cristin October 27, 2020 October 27, 2020
Digital journal

Something I did that makes me feel good about my self is workout to feel more engerized and what this shows about me is that I’m active

Brendaly October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020 Digital journal
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did is yoga because i love to get my body feel good and flexibility.

Cristin October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
should people have guns

should people have guns? I mean for me I think people should have guns only if they are responsible for it cause it’s not the guns fault that kills people it’s the people whos behind the gun. You make the choice of pulling the trigger or not. The gun will not be pulling the trigger cause it’s impossible. But if […]

Gerardo October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
The event that changed my life.

Well one event that changed my life was when i was younger i used to scape with my friends and go to the beach with no parent or guardian. That day when i went to dive in the water the tide was lower than what it usually should be so when i dive i hit a rock in the bottom. […]

Christian October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
What i did over the past 24hrs?

Well in the past 24hrs i worked out which is good for my body because it keeps it going & there’s a lot of advantages by working out not only physical but mentally. Also went outside and played basketball, smelled the fresh air and get some vitamin d.

jounrnal enrty

wel, almost the same as always being at home watching at home watching netflix and cleaning since i hardly even go outside because of this pandemic

Alis October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that i was playing videos with my friends and what thats shows about me is that i like videos games

Dewry October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
The Park at Night

One thing I did yesterday that made me feel good about myself was to go out to the park with my 9-year-old daughter at 630 at night, when it was already dark. She brought her bike and rode around a little bit, while I just walked around to stretch my legs. We didn’t even stay very long, but she was […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
Journal entry

something that did in the last 24 hours was watch movies with my mom and what that shows about me is that i like watching movies with my family

Dawry October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020
something good that make you feel good about yourself that u did over the weekend

something good that I did that I feel good about myself on the weekend  is that my aunts  birthday and I was a good nephew because I bought her a gift, the cousins and I gave her a small party but I think my aunt knows why she didn’t want to Leaving the house because she felt a little bad […]

Yeiro October 26, 2020 October 26, 2020 journal
Digital journal

Something I’ve been thinking about lately is when this pandemic is going to end and when all places will start opening up again since it’s already been  awhile , it seems like the pandemic isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and there will probably be another shutdown

Turning Standards into Conversations

Youth Voices Skills A skill is a special post on Youth Voices. Any member can create a skills post to identify a valued habit of heart, mind, and/or work that there is evidence for in another member’s activity stream on Youth Voices or elsewhere online. Once a skill is posted to the skills page, both teachers and students on Youth […]

Paul October 24, 2020 October 25, 2020
something good that make you feel good about yourself. that last weekend

Something that I said about me in this last week is two days ago my sister the husband left her with all the clothes so my sister called me but I was sleeping so on the fifth call I answer her and tell her What happened and she tells me what happened to her and tells me that the […]

Yeiro October 24, 2020 October 24, 2020 journal
if i had a superpower what would it be

mhm lest see if i had a superpower what would it be  ability to go back to time and go to the future because I would like to make the impossible possible every time something goes wrong and I would also like to know what will happen years later oh decades before that would be my power

is it possible to change your beliefs as a young adult or as adult // why or why not

I believe that it is more possible for a young adult to change his belief than an adult because the young person does not have as many worries as an adult such as the adult has to pay the house bills and if they have children, then I work for the children. I think it is easier for a young […]

3 important people in my live

who are those three important  people in my live Who are these three most important people in my life? Well, that would be my mother, my grandmother and my older brother who is in prison. Well my mother would describe me as a good boy who does not have any evil in which he likes to take care of other […]

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Over the past 24 hours i did is walking my dog out that show me that i can take care of pets if anyhting happen to my dog i will always be there for him and take him to the vent if he feel sick or hurt.

Cristin October 23, 2020 October 23, 2020
kinda sad and happy

mhm let see this happen 3 days ago when me and my mom  we were doing the cleaning, we went to take out the zofa and I think she was being doin to much force for her body because I tell her mother, leave that to me because you can’t handle that anymore, so we left the zofa in the […]

Yeiro October 23, 2020 October 23, 2020
Blossoming Genius

The flower, sometimes known as a ‘bloom or blossom, which have been adored and admired by humans to bring beauty to their environment, and also as objects of pure romance, medicine, ritual, religion and even as a source of food’. These plants, of various colorful appearances that symbolize many things, are even a favorite among many worldwide artists as well, […]

Kate October 22, 2020 October 23, 2020 art, beauty, flower, food, language, medicine, symbolism
One thing I did in the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself. What this shows.

So yesterday I concentrated on creating a system on Youth Voices that would allow teachers and students to recognize each other for the skills they are showing in their work. Now anybody can go and create a “skill” for others. This reaches back to our early work with P2PU badges and brings the knowledge we’ve gained with issuing hundreds of […]

Paul October 23, 2020 October 23, 2020 journal
Digital journal

something that changed my life was when I was very sick in the hospital with pneumonia and realized how short life is and how anything can happen , this event showed me to appreciate life and live for me

Brendaly October 23, 2020 October 23, 2020 Digital journal
Digital journal

One major mistake I made was not doing my school work last year or ask for help when I needed it , what I learned from this is that school is very important and I need it and when I need help I shouldn’t be shy to speak up

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 10/14/20

one thing i did over the past 24 hours is fixing my bed that show me i’m clean and i love gettin things done i hate seeing mess.

A other thing i did over the past 24 hours?

A other thing i did over the past 24 hours is cooking because that show me i can cook  at a age young and know how to cook it good also one day i could be a chef.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is makeup  what that make me feel is great since one day i could become a artist and a professional makeup artist.

describe an event that changed your life forever.

Well one event that changed my life well not forever is my leg since i used to be in a dance team in middle school i know how to do the spilts and i forgot to do my workout first before doing so i did and i pull a muscle so hard i could have got surgery but thanks god […]

One mistake i made?

So one mistake i made was stealing money from my mom and what did i learn from it is never do that and never ever steal money from anyone mostly from your mom cause that didn’t end up well.

journal entry

one event that changed my life for ever was when my grandmother died , that was a big change because me and my grandmother were very close to each other and when she died every was different , and every time i went to her house it feel empty

Joan October 22, 2020 October 22, 2020
a good son

I said a good son because i really love my mom and will do anything for her, yesterday i was home doing online class then someone call me from the my mom jog and have tell me that my mom is in the hospital so i when creasy and told then what happed to her and what hospital she at […]

Yeiro October 22, 2020 October 22, 2020
Highschool Athletes impacted by Covid

This article was about highschoolers doing sports during  Covid and they have to keep their mask on when they are playing a sport for example, football coaches have to wear masks, and in basketball, they have to wear masks also.

Terrell October 22, 2020 October 22, 2020
Digital journal

One mistake I have made was being absent a lot last school year which lead to a lot of work not being completed and me having to repeat, I have learned to complete my work and be there more often so I can graduate

Brendaly October 22, 2020 October 22, 2020 Digital journal
Digital journal

I organized my closet , that shows I like to keep my closet clean

Digital journal

I bathed my dog , that shoes that I care about her hygiene

update about my book. 10/14

one thing i did on the last 24 ours that day was that my mom was sick and she couldnt move , i did everything in the , i did the dishes ,cleaned the house ,and i made something for her to eat , that shows that im a person who want to make things better and i love taking […]

Joan October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020
journal entry 10/2

it is posibly to change my beliefs as a young adult because at a young age were are learning new things that can lead to us change our mind and change our beliefs and how we think about things

Joan October 21, 2020 October 21, 2020

There are no docs for this view.

Viewing 1-500 of 597 docs