Has attachment Title Author Created Last Edited Group Tags
About Me Project Rubric

Project: About Me 0 – Missing or unidentifiable 1 – Does not meet standard 2 – Meets Standard 3 – Exceeds Standard About Me planning document Major elements are missing or there is no planning document at all. One element of the document might be missing. There is no clear link between the planning document and the final outcome. The […]

Jennifer July 27, 2021 July 27, 2021 Rubric
Something I did today that makes me feel good about myself.

Today is Monday a new week begins full of duties for me. As a mom and student, I have a lot of things to get done before 4 P.M ! It makes me feel good that I was able to complete all my responsibilities in the time frame I have. Now I can sign in to my Monday meeting without […]

Laura July 27, 2021 July 27, 2021 journal
Something I did today

I woke up at 6:00 am, clean my room, had my breakfast, and started doing my summer class assignment. At 11:00 am I went to the grocery store, made my lunch. After that, I filled out some forms, continued with my assignment. At 4:00 pm joined the zoom meeting call. Print this page.

Priscilla July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
Nile Gayle Digital Journal : 1 Thing I did that I’m Proud of

07/26/21   One thing that I did today that made me proud is that I called a resort that my girlfriend and I’ll  be staying at a few weeks to make sure that my name was still in the system on the reservation list. I had checked the confirmation number with the airline and say the flight but no list […]

Nile July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
Something I Did Today

Something I did today that makes me feel good about myself is that I was able to sit down today and spend some time helping my toddler complete a class activity. My son has a little cold and was not able to attend school today for that reason. The benefit of him staying home is that I was able to […]

Maritza July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
Something I did today

So I woke up with a ‘to do list’ of 6 items, I am currently on number 5 I am so happy I did all considering some I have been procrastinating. The may  seem like everyday tasks but knowing the way I get stressed out about things I feel relieved to have achieved them. Also I was able to get […]

Oluwatoyin July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
something I did today

Today, something I did for myself that I often forget to do is make sure I eat lunch. I also made sure to eat fruits as I committed to doing for my diet. Last week I had a week vacation from work and I did not eat as healthy as I’d like to eat so it felt good to do […]

Elijah July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021 journal
something I did today

something I did today

Something I did today that makes me feel good about myself

Let’s see — I’m happy that Marina and I worked hard to pivot from our original plans and over one weekend to build an entire playlist and room on Kumospace. These playlists usually take about a week to create, and both of us stood up (if I can use that phrase) at different times to get it done. I finished […]

Paul July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021 journal

I am happy that I can still push myself and pull all-nighters if I wanted to. I recently was backup on work and today had to pull an all-nighter in order to catch up. I felt that recently I would not be staying up as late as I did when I was in high school and that upset me because […]

Khurram July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
Something I did today that makes me feel good.

Today I celebrate my son’s birthday. He turned 3 years old, I am a proud mum, and seeing him happy gave me happiness. I just came from his birthday party and seeing everyone happy and being together with my sister after 23 years was a wonderful feeling. When we open our hearts and celebrate we are in peace with our […]

Mirseda July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
All About Me Rubric and Personal Inquiry

How can computational thinking be authentically integrated into writing workshop? People usually say that computational thinking is more connected to math and science, but I think that the inclusion of computational thinking, computer science, and coding into a writing unit will open a tremendous amount of doors for young writers who may have never considered the possibility of Scratch as […]

Marina July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021 all about me, computational thinking, journal, personal inquiry
Speculating on an Inquiry

<Pose a question.>? People usually say that <Finish this phrase with the standard answer(s) that most people give for your question.>, but <Speculate (consider or think curiously about; suppose, propose, or wonder) about how this standard answer might not be correct, complete, clear, or helpful.>? Does this mean that <State something else that seems to be true — and in opposition to the […]

Paul July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
Project: About Me (Scratch – Mouse Create)

Project: About Me 0 – Missing or unidentifiable 1 – Does not meet standard 2 – Meets Standard 3 – Exceeds Standard 1. About Me planning document The planning document accurately lays out the look and functionailty of the final Scratch Program. All fields in the document have been answered with accuracy and includes a sketch of the final program. […]

Paul July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
First Scratch project

This was the first project I made after some time away from Scratch. Print this page.

Paul July 21, 2021 July 21, 2021 Scratch
Testing…

Testing…Testing…   Testing…Testing… Print this page.

Paul Allison July 20, 2021 July 21, 2021
Did I open this up for authors now?

Print this page.

Paul Allison July 20, 2021 July 20, 2021
Does this work?

Print this page.

Paul July 20, 2021 July 20, 2021
Scratch-Surprise

If I do this I could reflect here too. Print this page.

Testing…

testing again. Print this page.

Nile Gayle Digital Journal

July 18th 2021 I choose the picture of myself as an avatar because it’s one of my favorite pictures that I took last year that I love. It represents my mood and feeling which is usually happy most of the time. I decided to choose the cover photo of Kobe Bryant because that also represents me as well. Although Kobe […]

Nile July 18, 2021 July 20, 2021
Testing from a teacher account

Ok? Print this page.

Paul Teacher July 20, 2021 July 20, 2021
Testing…

Can I add files? No… Print this page.

my profile picture

I choose my profile picture because that was a picture of me from a recent birthday, my 15th to be exact. it was one of my favorite pictures of me that my mom took and then as a gift too me my best friend edited it for me. It was really nice of here because I need a nice profile […]

Robyn July 15, 2021 July 19, 2021 journal
My Digital Journey

I chose this image as my avatar because it represents me so everyone can see my picture and, and I want people online to see me as a smiling face that   I like to have fun and to be happy. I also feel that happiness is something that I wish for everyone so I wanted my profile picture to send […]

Mirseda July 15, 2021 July 15, 2021
Profile Pic

This reasoning behind my pfp (Profile Picture) was because the anime from where the character is from is one of my favorites since watching. If you don’t know Sanji (pfp character) is from One Piece. Why I chose him out of all the characters is because I just hadn’t used him as a pfp yet while I have used the […]

Caleb July 15, 2021 July 15, 2021
My Digital journal

I chose this picture as this was a time when I had all the time in the world to myself before kids and on holiday in Paris I chose this picture as its one of the clearest pictures on my new phone that was backed up from old drive, most of my pictures of recent times have my kids in […]

Oluwatoyin July 15, 2021 July 15, 2021
BLM Protest Issue

BLM is a great organization that stops police brutality. Heres a link to more information. –BBC on BLM Print this page.

Jai July 14, 2021 July 14, 2021
My Profile Picture

I chose this image for my avatar because it is the only image I found on my phone of myself. I realized that all the photos I have on my phone are of my children. And for my cover photo, I chose this image because I love nature and having this image makes me feel peaceful and grateful for what […]

Laura July 13, 2021 July 13, 2021 First Day
My profile picture

I chose this image as my avatar because it is picture I took with my daughter  and I want people online to see me as as mother who has nurturing capabilities ,I also feel that as a teacher nurturing should be one of your great assets , so I wanted my profile picture to look like a mother in her […]

Abigail July 13, 2021 July 13, 2021 #Mother #Teacher #Life of a teacher
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because this is what I currently look like and I want people online to see me as a happy person. I also did not have any pictures on my laptop saved so I took a quick one on the spot. I choose this picture as my cover photo because I love owls. This […]

Maritza July 13, 2021 July 13, 2021
Greetings!!

Just testing this out and hoping that it all goes on my wall correctly! Otherwise, I am doing well today!!   Kudos Print this page.

Justin July 13, 2021 July 13, 2021
Should Pit Bulls be Banned?

Breed-specific legislation, which are laws that regulate or ban certain dog breeds with the hope to decrease dog attacks, are widespread in the United States. This doesn’t sit well with me because I have a dog that is a pitbull, and he isn’t vicious or violent at all. I believe that the owner of the dog should be responsible for […]

Juan July 12, 2021 July 12, 2021
test fixrunner

tets Print this page.

Paul July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Growing up in New York

I was born in New York City and have lived there ever since. I moved once when I was two but I can’t remember it that much. Ever since then I haved lived downtown. I first went to preschool in Chinatown because it was close to us. After that I went to elementary and middle with my sister. I went […]

Elena July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Three Paragraphs About Me

My name is Alexandria,I am 16 years old,born on April 18,2001.I was born here in Aurora,Co.It’s important to know that i’m just now starting to drink coffee(iced) and its helps me wake up,now i see why people drink it.I am in love with PNB Rock(a singer/rapper).Something big that happened to me was leaving my mom in Texas to come back […]

Alexandria July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Art Keeps It Interesting

My name is Christopher. I was born in 2002, on June 23rd, so that makes me 17 years old. I’ve lived my whole life in New York, bouncing from place to place a few times in life, but I finally settled in the Bronx for a good eight or so years. Important things to know about me are that I’m […]

Christopher July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Cancel Culture

Raise your voices   Media and message – https://create.piktochart.com/output/55156356-my-visual Print this page.

Karen July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Cancel Culture

Raise your voice Critical Courageous Conversation- Cancel culture orginated in black culture mainly used to stand up to their oppressors and those in power. The entire concept of cancel culture itself was first brought up in 1991 and has been part of society for many years. In recent years cancel culture has been used to hold social media influencers accountable […]

Karen July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Three Paragraphs About Me

Paul July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Paying College Athletes Meme

Check out this meme I made. https://imgflip.com/i/5fvyuv Print this page.

Elgin July 8, 2021 July 8, 2021
Paying College Athletes links

https://hyp.is/txGsBOA2EeuXz2NJXTwgyg/www.procon.org/headlines/paying-college-athletes-top-3-pros-and-cons/ https://hyp.is/gzdxjuA2EeumZz-knQ0yrw/www.procon.org/headlines/paying-college-athletes-top-3-pros-and-cons/ https://hyp.is/B3h8WuA2EeuMEqsiwvuT-g/www.procon.org/headlines/paying-college-athletes-top-3-pros-and-cons/   Print this page.

Elgin July 8, 2021 July 8, 2021
Paying College Athletes

For years college athletes have not been able to participate in profiting from their likeness. Neither does the NCAA pay them. Only fewer than 2 percent of college athletes going pro and making money. Yes, college athletes should be preparing for the real world with education. It also could be said that since they are playing at a high level […]

Elgin July 8, 2021 July 8, 2021 College Atheletes
The Nonexistent Discussion about Mental Health- Why Does It Matter?

As I sit here finding myself back to square one with this document, it seems that a new question is on the docket as o why mental health may be important. In all honesty, I am actually glad that this question is asked because it’s time that someone finds this question as easy to answer as I do. The reason […]

Marina July 8, 2021 July 8, 2021
Chicano assesments

Taking Back the Schools, directed by Hector Galan Walkout, written by Victor Villasenor; directed by Edward James Olmos   What do you learn from the documentary and the film?   Somethings I learned from the documentary and the film was that they walked out of class not caring what the teachers thought. Also that the Chicanos got locked in the room […]

Luis July 7, 2021 July 8, 2021
Are Businesses Really Responsible?

Have you ever thought about how the people who make your clothes were being treated or paid? Many companies and businesses don’t treat their workers as you think they would. With such a high demand for fast fashion, many companies cut corners on safety for their workers and treat them terribly. Businesses may force workers to work overtime with no […]

Jennifer July 7, 2021 July 7, 2021
Taking Back the Schools & Walkout

Taking Back the Schools, directed by Hector Galan Walkout, written by Victor Villasenor; directed by Edward James Olmos   What do you learn from the documentary and the film?  (one paragraph) What I learned from the documentary and the film is how Chicano students had to fight for a fair education. For example Chicano students would not get the same […]

Jennifer July 7, 2021 July 7, 2021
Fast Fashion Essay

Name: Luis Cabrera Date:6/28/21 English 1 Summer 2021   Fast Fashion Responsibility Who do you think bears the responsibility for fast fashion and the problems it has with ethically made clothing? In case you don’t know what fast fashion is or how it works, it is businesses mass-producing clothing designs that move quickly from the catwalk to stores to take […]

Luis July 7, 2021 July 7, 2021
Fast fashion

Did you know the 1.4 trillion global fashion sector is responsible for 8% of global greenhouse emissions? But who is responsible for letting fast fashion cause pollution? There’s many options as to who can be letting this happen. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because they often ignore human rights, have a lot of power […]

Jonathan July 7, 2021 July 7, 2021
Precious Knowledge: Revolutionary Education

You may write short, bulleted responses to the following questions.   What context/background is presented? Wanted something better  Graduation was super low for Latinos   Latinos felt Unwanted Not engaged in school Why did they start the Hispanic Studies Program? Improve the education of Latinos Increase graduation rates Help latinos feel wanted Help latinos engage in school What characterized the […]

Mariah July 7, 2021 July 7, 2021
How to set up a Web Story as a Digital Portfolio

On the Youth Voices home screen, hover over the section Member’s Wall. When the drop-down menu pops up, Click on “Create or Edit a Web Story.” A new tab will open. Search through the Web-Stories until you find “Navarro – Portfolio.” Hover over the title, “Navarro – Portfolio.” Three Vertical Dots will appear. Click on the three vertical dots. When […]

Paul July 7, 2021 July 7, 2021
The Lemon Grove Incident

Presection (Mexican Parents) Arguments: language was an excuse because most of them spoke english some mexicans dont all live on the mexican street     Defense (School Board) Arguments: the school was closer to home the mexican are slower they segragatte the mexicans saftey   Judges decision: not to be segragetted   The docu-drama, The Lemon Grove Incident by Paul […]

Mariah June 30, 2021 June 30, 2021
The Lemon Grove Incident

Prosecution (Mexican Parents) Arguments: Didn’t think it would be fare for only one teacher to teach for grades and for the whites get different teachers for the all four grades don’t segregate the white students when behind but segregate the Mexican students were sending mexicans to the new school even though their english was flaunt live on the […]

Ariana Lilia June 30, 2021 June 30, 2021
The Lemon Grove Incident

Essential Question: Why are the events of the Lemon Grove Incident important What is the school Board concerned about, and what do they decide?   The struggle to end school segregation is usually in 1954 at the Supreme Court case of Brown vs. Board of Education many of the nations earliest desegregation cases occured On July 30 1930 they were […]

Diana June 29, 2021 June 30, 2021
The Lemon Grove incident

Essential Question: Why Are the events of the Lemon Grove Incident Important?   What is the School Board concerned about, and what do they decide? The school board was concerned about mexicans being in their schools,  So they decided to create a new school   Mexicans Lived just outside lemon grove People their tried to keep little contact with mexicans […]

Edward June 29, 2021 June 30, 2021
The Lemon Grove Incident

Essential Question: Why are the events of the Lemon Grove Incident important? What is the School Board concerned about, and what do they decide? The school board was concerned about there being too many Mexicans in school. Worried about the diseases they might have and that they were too slow. Decided to build a separate school for the Mexicans. What […]

Jennifer June 29, 2021 June 30, 2021
Drafts, revise, and Edit Essay Here

Name: Kevin Mondragon Date: 6/28/2021 English 1 Summer 2021 Who’s responsibility should it really be? Government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because human lives are being endangered by unethical businesses, they have the power to write laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money. Human […]

Kevin M June 28, 2021 June 30, 2021
The Lemon Grove Incident

Why are the events of the Lemon Grove Incident important?  What is the Board concerned about, and what do they decide? about too much mexican children going to the same school as the white children to do a separate school for the mexican children would think the mexican children were too slow to learn would think it would be beneficial […]

Ariana Lilia June 29, 2021 June 29, 2021
Lemon grove video

What was Lemon Grove like during this time period? grow lemons & oranges seeking jobs They lived on olive street What was school like during this time period? they always had parties They had americanization classes What do the Mexican parents discuss? There fighting whether to go along with it or not They wanna rebel but some are saying no […]

Luis June 29, 2021 June 29, 2021
Lemon grove video

Print this page.

Luis June 29, 2021 June 29, 2021
The Lemon Grove Incident

Essential Question: Why are the events of the Lemon Grove Incident important?  What is the School Board concerned about, and what do they decide? They think they’d do better spread out into other schools They said Mexicans have diseases They said Mexicans would slow them down They’d rather Mexicans be at a all Mexican school just for them What was […]

Marisa June 29, 2021 June 29, 2021
The Lemons Grove Incident

Essential Question: Why are the events of the Lemon Grove Incident important?  What is the School Board concerned about, and what do they decide? They are concerned about the amount of mexican children in school They decide to request separate schools for mexican children They were concerned they were slowing the white children in school down They concerned about what […]

Kevin M June 29, 2021 June 29, 2021
Not sure

Alexander Cardona 6/28/21 English 1    Businesses bare the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because  they often ignore human rights, have a lot of power to shape consumer ideas and they have to compete with other businesses who are attracting consumers because they have ethical business practices.   Businesses don’t care about the conditions the workers are […]

Alexander June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Draft, revise, and Edit Essay Here

Name: Marisa Cordova Date: 6/28/21 English 1 Summer 2021                                                                          Title       The businesses are a part in the Fast Fashion for certain […]

Marisa June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Draft,revise, and edit essay here

Edward 6-28-21 Summer 2021   Title       fast fashion , do you think you should be responsible for how the clothes you buy are made? First off what is fast fashion? In the fashion industry fast fashion is the the production of clothing products being made faster at lower prices.  Most of the time the clothes you buy […]

Edward June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Paragraphs

Paragraph 1: introduction Hook Background Thesis ( with 3 categories) Paragraph 2 first body paragraph Explain your 1st category Give evidence from at least one source Explain & elaborate upon your evidence Make sure everything is supporting your thesis Paragraph 3: second body paragraph Explain your 2nd category Give evidence from at least one source Explain & elaborate upon your […]

Marisa June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Draft, Revise, and Edit Essay Here

Name Date English 1 Summer 2021   Title Who do you think bears the responsibility for fast fashion and the problems it has with ethically made clothing? In case you don’t know what fast fashion is or how it works it is businesses mass-producing clothing designs that move quickly from the catwalk to stores to take advantage of trends. But […]

Luis June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Draft, revise, and Edit Essay Here

Ariana Ocej0 6/28/21 English 1 Summer 2021 Title Businesses are allowing unethical clothing being put out in shops because it     Print this page.

Ariana Lilia June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Draft , revise, and Edit Essay Here

Name: Jennifer Acosta Date: June 28, 2021 English 1 Summer 2021 Title   Print this page.

Jennifer June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible thesis Statments

Government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because the environment is getting polluted, they have the power to write laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods ethically produced because they often ignore human rights, have a lot […]

Marisa June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Essay Structure

Paragraph 1 Introduction Hook Background Thesis ( with 3 categories) Paragraph 2 First Body Paragraph Explain your first category Give evidence from at least one source Explain and elaborate upon your evidence Make sure everything is supporting your thesis Paragraph 3 Second Body Paragraph Explain your second category Give evidence from at least one source Explain and elaborate upon your […]

Jennifer June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible Thesis Statements

Government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because  the environment is getting polluted, they have the power to write laws , and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because they often ignore human rights, have […]

Edward June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible Thesis Statements

Government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because the environment is getting polluted, they have the power to write laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money.  Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because they often ignore human rights, have a […]

Kevin M June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Outline

Paragraph 1: Introduction Hook Background Thesis (with 3 categories) Paragraph 2: First Body Paragraph Explain your 1st category Give me evidence from at least one source Explain & elaborate upon your evidence Make sure everything is supporting your thesis Paragraph 3: Second Body Paragraph Explain your 2nd category Give evidence from at least one source Explain & elaborate upon your […]

Kevin M June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible thesis statement

Governments bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because the environment is getting polluted.  They have the power to write laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because they don’t keep up with their factories […]

Luis June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible Thesis Statements

Government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods and ethically produced because the environment is getting polluted, they have the power to write the laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because only care about money. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because they often ignore human rights, have a […]

Jennifer June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible Thesis Statements

Government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because human life and our environment are being damaged by unethical businesses, they have the power to write laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because they […]

Possible Thesis Statements

The government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because human life and our environment are being damaged by unethical businesses, they have the power to write laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because […]

Diana June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible Thesis Statement

Businesses bare the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because  they often ignore human rights, have a lot of power to shape consumer ideas and they have to compete with other businesses who are attracting consumers because they have ethical business practices   Consumers bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because human rights are […]

Alexander June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Class Study or Inquiry

Recently in <Subject area> we’ve been studying <topic/question/issue>. At first, I thought <What were your first thoughts on this topic/question/issue? Look back at your first pieces of writing/annotations/questions.>. When I <saw/read/played/heard…> <a specific resource> I started to think <How did your thinking shift or change?>. I know that many people feel that <What do some people say about this topic/issue/question?>. After doing this study, <What do you think about […]

Paul June 26, 2021 June 26, 2021
Kristoff´s assertion

Kristof´s assertion is that many of the workers wanted to work at a sweatshop rather than the job that they were working at, they even said that their dream job would be working at a sweatshop because it was better than working where they had to look or search through trash. The workers said that because some weren’t able to […]

Marisa June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Where sweatshops are a dream

People don’t always live the life they want to live, every country is different either there, bigger, richer, smaller, or poor. “I’d love to get a job in a factory,” said Pim Srey Rath, a 19-year-old woman scavenging for plastic. 2“At least that work is in the shade. ” This quote is explaining, that 19 year olds want to get away […]

Alexander June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristof’s- Constructed response

Kristopher asserts that the poor people are not the problem of them not exploiting enough sweatshops. Kristopher argues that ” sweatshops usually go not to the poorest nations but better-off countries with more reliable electricity and ports.” There aren’t many Sweatshops but their more reliable for the people to sustain a life that will better benefit them. For example, Sweatshops […]

Diana June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristof’s Constructed Response

Prompt: What is Kristof’s assertion and how does he support it? Kristof’s asserts that the workers scavenging for plastic should be able to work at a better and safer job like a sweatshop although, it isn’t the best job it’s still better than scavenging. In paragraph 3 Kristof states “I’m glad that many Americans are repulsed by the idea of […]

Kevin M June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristoff Constructive Response.

What is Kristoff’s assertion and how does he support it? Kristoff’s assertion is that sweatshops really aren’t that bad and it might actually be considered a good job for Cambodians.  In paragraph 5 it says “The miasma of toxic stink leaves you gasping, breezes batter you with filth, and even the rats look forlorn.”  The toxic stink in the garbage […]

Michelle June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristof´s Constructed Response

Kristof’s assertion is that sweatshops aren´t as bad as many people think they are.  Kristof writes, ¨But while it shocks Americans to hear it, the central challenge in the poorest countries is not that sweatshops exploit too many people, but that they don’t exploit enough.¨ He states this because the biggest challenge most poor countries go through is not being […]

Veronica June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristof Constructed Response

Prompt: What Is Kristof’s Assertion And How Does He Support It? Kristof’s assertion is that sweatshops in poor countries are actually justifiable and that people need to stop being against them. Kristof explains that although many people might be shocked to hear this, “…the central challenge in the poorest countries is not that sweatshops exploit too many people, but that […]

Edward June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristof’s Constructive Response

Prompt: What is Kristof’s assertions and how does he support it? Kristof asserts that sweatshops are not necessarily a bad thing and they need to have more support in places where they are beneficial like very poor countries. Kristof writes, “But while it shocks Americans to hear it, the central challenge in the poorest countries is not that sweatshops exploit […]

Jennifer June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristofs constructed response

Kristof asserts that sweatshops would be better in poor countries where working conditions are the worst. Kristof writes, “Talk to these families in the dump, and a job in a sweatshop is a cherished dream, an escalator out of poverty, the kind of gauzy if probably unrealistic ambition that parents everywhere often have for their children.” He writes this because […]

Luis June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristoff’s constructed response

Prompt: What is Kristof’s assertion and how does she support it? Kristof’s asserts that working in a sweatshop factory is better than working at garbage dumps. Kristof’s writes,“I’d love to get a job in a factory,” said Pim Srey Rath, a 19-year-old woman scavenging for plastic. 1“At least that work is in the shade. Here is where it’s hot.”  He writes this […]

Mariah June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Edwards claim.

I have to agree with Edward. I also believe the consumers are at fault because by buying clothes from the company we are supporting them and basically saying it is okay they leave their factories in that poor condition. As consumers, we should be researching if our clothes are ethically produced. Print this page.

Michelle June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
McCullen constructed response

According to McCullen, companies hold the most responsibility for ensuring our clothes are ethically manufactured. McCullen also writes “The sad fact behind the building collapse in bangladesh in which hundreds died is that it isnt an isolated problem.” For example, Print this page.

Jonathan June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Future Post

In this article ” Bangladesh factory collapse: Who really pays for our cheap clothes?” Its showing that the workers that pay for our cheap clothes, want to even after the accidents that happen to their factories. In the text it says, “It isn’t the responsibility of the consumer to feel guilty about buying what is readily available in shops.” These […]

Alexander June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen Constructed Response

According to McCullen it seems that the businesses are responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured because if it was to be the consumers in what way it only would be  consumers checking where it came from and making sure it’s coming from but mainly the business because they are the ones making the products and they should […]

Marisa June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Future Post

According to to McCullen’s article the brands are responsible for ensuring that the products are ethically made. McCullen claims that the responsibility has to fall somewhere and that “the  United Nations guiding principles on business and human rights says that it falls jointly to states and mass corporate businesses…” she states this because she wants to show how its clearly […]

Edward June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen-constructed response

According to McCallen Brand’s responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured. Consumers in the provisional idea of having an unsafe budget had an effect on this because they “lived on the poverty line”. This makes a huge impact on the consumers they mostly consumed them to buy even though they didn’t have the money for it. But can […]

Diana June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021 My opinion on why they think this ? for being the brands fault
McCullen Constructed Response paragraph

Prompt: According to McCullen who is responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured? McCullen thinks that the brands/factories are responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured. McCullen says, “Business must stop just holding up hands to say: ‘It is not our fault – they bought it.’” She wrote this because of how businesses are so quick […]

Jennifer June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Future post

According to McCullen the people who are responsible for ensuring our products are ethically manufactured are the states and mass corporate businesses.  In paragraph 15 it states “the United Nations guiding principles on business and human rights says that it falls jointly to states and mass corporate businesses to “protect, respect and remedy” human rights.” The United Nations guiding principles say the […]

Michelle June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen Constructed Response

According to McCullen the people that are responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured are the factories because they are the ones that produce them so they should be the ones to be on check with the material that they use. McCullen says, ” Business must stop just holding up its hands to say: “It is not our […]

Ariana Lilia June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Future Post

According to McCullen the businesses and brands are the ones responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured. McCullen writes, “It isn’t the responsibility of the consumer to feel guilty about buying what is readily available in shops. ” she states this because if businesses would’ve just treated their workers properly they wouldn’t have to think twice about having […]

Veronica June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen Constructed Response

According to McCullen who is responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured? According to McCullen the people who are responsible for ensuring our products are ethically manufactured are the states and mass corporate businesses.  In paragraph 15 it states “the United Nations guiding principles on business and human rights says that it falls jointly to states and mass […]

Michelle June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen Constructed Response

Veronica June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Future post

McCullen says that the businesses are responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured. McCullen writes, “…brands continue to look for ways to race to the bottom on prices, and sadly this involves cutting corners on health and safety. Brands will by no means admit to this”.  She writes this because the businesses keep looking for low prices but they […]

Mariah June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen Constructed Response

Prompt: According to McCullen who is responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured?   According to to McCullen’s article the brands are responsible for ensuring that the products are ethically made. McCullen claims that the responsibility has to fall somewhere and that “the  United Nations guiding principles on business and human rights says that it falls jointly to […]

Edward June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen Constructed Response

Jennifer June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McMullen Constructive Response paragraph

McMullen asserts that the people who are responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured should be the companies that make the clothes. McMullen writes “The story will leave the headlines at the end of this week but on Monday hundreds of thousands of workers will return to factories that are frankly further tragedies waiting to happen, and will […]

Luis June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McMullen Constructed Response

Alexander June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McMullen Constructive Response

Luis June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen constructed response

Prompt: According to McCullen who is responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured. McCullen says that the businesses are responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured. McCullen writes, “…brands continue to look for ways to race to the bottom on prices, and sadly this involves cutting corners on health and safety. Brands will by no means admit […]

Mariah June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
How Your Addiction To Fast Fashion Kills-Sample Constructed Response

Prompt: What does Odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, ¨Sustainable fashion writer and consultant Amy DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.¨ She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Marisa June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
How Your Addiction To Fast Fashion Kills- Sample Constructed Response.

Prompt: What does Odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writer and consultant. Any DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.” She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Samantha June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
How Your Addiction to Fast Fashion Kills- Sample Constructed Response

Prompt: What does Odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writers and consultant Amy DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.” She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Jennifer June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021

Prompt: What does Odell assert and h0w does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writer and consultant  Amy DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.” She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Diana June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021 ACE PARAGRAPH SAMPLE
How your addiction to fast fashion kills

prompt: What does odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, “sustainable fashion writer and consultant Amy DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.” She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Jonathan June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
How your addiction to Fast Fashion kills- Sample Constructed Response

Prompt: What does Odell assert and how does she do this?      Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for.  Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writer and consultant Amy DeFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.”  She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions […]

Michelle June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
How your addiction to fast fashion kills- sample constructed response

Prompt: What does Odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for.  Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writers and consultant Amy Dufault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.”  She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Veronica June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021

Prompt: What does Odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writer and consultant Amy DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism”. She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Mariah June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
How Your Addiction To Fast Fashion KIlls -Sample Constructed Response

Prompt:What does Odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writer and consultant Amy DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.” She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of  many factories […]

Edward June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Profile Pic

I chose this picture as my profile picture because Wanda is my favorite character in WandaVision. Print this page.

Ingrid June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Quoting a Source in a Comment

Dear <First Name of Poster>: I am <adjective showing emotion> <by, about, with> your <poem/post/image/letter…>, “<Exact Title>,” because… <add 2 or 3 sentences> One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “<Quote from message.>” I think this is <adjective> because… <add 1 or 2 sentences> I’m learning more about <a keyword to describe what both the poster and you are studying> right now, and in particular what I’m wondering about […]

Paul June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Copy of General Discussion Response

Dear Yamile: I am interested and in agreement of the value of  your post  “What Happens to the Plastic that we Recycle into Blue Bins?”  because I think of this often as well.  I have seen commercials of how straws, plastic lids, and other plastics get bundled up, and shipped to other countries, not being recycled at all, OR finding […]

Harry Brake June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021 Recycling and shredding, Yamile response
My Profile Picture

I chose the avatar image as this was my experience working with kindergarten to first graders, during the summer, in Mexico at the American School Foundation.  I loved this because I was able to experience working with younger children, (I am a high school librarian and work with high school students and it is nice to work with a different […]

Harry Brake June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021 journal
The True Cost – Documentary

NOTES We used to make %95 of our clothes now the U.S. only makes 3% other countries make our clothes. a building collapsed in Bangladesh tried their best to search for survivors The owner didn’t want to do anything about it. killed more than 1000 in a fire in Bangladesh 100 people died and then in another fire 8 people […]

Michelle June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
The True Cost – Documentary

Notes The impact that has greed, fear, and power extends all around the world of how connected we are To ever change the things that are wor in objective to clothing The social impact of clothing, color, texture the way it filled with emotion Trends in personal communication about feelings towards clothing It has been a fashion system throughout the […]

Diana June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
The True Cost Documentary.

the us use to make at least 90% of the clothes and now it only makes 3%  1,200+ died at the ramea plaza many workers were hurt because they didn’t evacuate the factory had many problems like fires and building callping cutting safety messers the impact that has greed fear poor working conditions and wages farmer and workers are not […]

Savannah Camela June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
The True Cost – Documentary

The US use to make 95% of clothes and now they make 3%. There was 1200+ death and Rana Plaza Cutting safety measures Limited power Wants everyone to take responsibility for the deaths they tried to start a union but got beaten for it What stood out to me about this documentary is how the workers were being treated. This […]

Jennifer June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
The True Cost – Documentary

Notes the us used to make 95% and now we make 3% of the fashion if you were to pay someone in the US to make clothes it would be much more money if someone from another state would do which would be 2-6 cents the building the workers were working in were horrible causing it to collapse and killing […]

Ariana Lilia June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
The True Cost-Documentary

until the 60’s we made about 95% of our clothing, today we only make about 3% of our clothing Cheaper clothing means that its most likely outsourced Cutting safety measures are becoming more common in factories making it very dangerous for workers there thousands of  people are dying because people refuse to do anything about the buildings that are collapsing  […]

Edward June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
Ten Facts about Fast Fashion

1. of water to produce/make shirts 2. Fast fashion is a pollution to the world 3. a lot of text tone is wasted/used 4. cotton helps reduce wasting money 5. We don’t use clothes forever we eventually buy more 6. The fashion industry contributes around 10% of all global greenhouse gas emissions 7. washing clothes can release microplastics 8. 20% […]

Marisa June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
Ten Facts about Fast Fashion

Fast fashion: cheap in-style clothes are Fast fashion It goes the runway to the streets super fast Creating styles for the next trend to the next season or month stores it away in getting rid of clothes often It takes 2,700 litres to produce one cotton T-shirt, it may equal 2,700 gallons of water Nearly 20% of the global wastewater […]

Diana June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021 The amount of clothing in the united states
Ten Facts about Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion: Cheap in-style clothing 1 shirt = 2,700 gallons of water 20% of global wastewater Most rivers in the world are filled with chemicals dumped by textile factories millions of tonnes of textile end up in landfills each year  Less than 1% of clothing is recycled into new clothes, if not recycled that’s a loss of 100 billion worth […]

Veronica June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
ten facts about fast fashion

“Fast fashion” is cheap, in style clothing. 2.  Fast fashion is one of the worlds greatest polluters. 3.  Millions of clothes end up in landfills each year. 4.  Less then 1% of clothing is recycled into new clothing. 5. we only use clothes 6. The fashion industry contributes around 10% of all global green house gas emissions 7. Washing clothes […]

Jonathan June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
Ten facts about Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion: Anything in style, affordable, and on runways is FAST FASHION. Takes a lot of water to produce clothes. (1 cotton T-shirt= 2700G of water) The most polluted rivers in the world are filled with chemicals dumped by textile factories. Landfills are filled with clothes we don’t want anymore. Wasted clothing. Clothes are only 1% recycled into new clothing […]

Michelle June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
Ten Facts about Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion: cheap, in-style clothing and it goes from runaway to high street faster than you say “is this a good idea” It takes lots of water to produce our clothes. Many people think that Fast Fashion is the second most polluting in the world.  In the UK alone, approximately 300,000 tons of clothing ends up landfills each year. Less […]

Ghaleb June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
10 facts about fast fashion

Fast fashion  cheap and in style clothes goes to the runway to the streets very fast takes lots 2,700 gallons of water to produce a shirt 20% of global water is produced by the fashion industry polluted rivers in the word are caused by factories of clothes the clothing that goes to the landfill each year is 140m because clothes […]

Ten Facts about Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion: Cheap in-style clothes It takes lots of water to produce clothes(20% of global wastewater) It is one of the worlds greatest polluters Landfills full of clothing Less than 1% of clothing is recycled into new clothes We only use clothes for approximately 2 years The fashion industry contributes around 10% of all global greenhouse gas emissions Washing clothes […]

Jennifer June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
Ten Facts about Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion: inexpensive in-style clothing  It takes a lot of water to produce cloth (2,700 liters to produce one cotton T-shirt) and 20% of the wastewater in around the globe is produced by the fashion industry a lot of the most polluted rivers in the world are filled with chemicals dumped by textile factories. 3 million tons of textile waste […]

Edward June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
Ten Facts ABout Fast Fashion.

Fast Fashion – cheap instyle clothes.  1. 2,700 gallons of water to produce our clothes  2.20% of global wastewater is produced by the fashion industry 3. Fast fashion is one of the most polluted rivers in the world.  4. Millions of tonnes of textile waste end up in landfills each year. 5. less than 1% of  clothing is recycled into […]

My Clothes

I buy clothes at most 3 times a month.  Most of the time I pay for it with the money I have earned.  If there are good sales I spend almost all my money.  The prices I am hoping to get for shirts are $14-20.   I pay usually $29-46 for jeans but most of the time they’re full-priced which is […]

Michelle June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
My clothes

I don’t really like to go buy clothes often unless I need something then i’ll probably go with my brother. I usually pay for my own clothes. I don’t really know how to decide on how much to buy like if I go for thing and I see something that’s good I might end up getting. For the prices I […]

Ghaleb June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
My Clothes

I buy clothes not too often I buy them when I really need them like monthly basically. My parents pay for my clothes and sometimes I pay for them. The prices I am hoping to get for tops for a decent pric Bottoms same things 10-20 dollars. And shoes at least 100-200 hundred dollars. I think the people that are […]

Marisa June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
My Clothes.

I buy my clothes like probably every three mounts. My parents sometimes buy my clothes but a good couple of times i have my money that i have saved so i could buy my own clothes. At first i get the clothes that i like then i add up all the prices to see how much it would come out […]

My Clothes

The persistence of clothing is alternatively pricey. When it comes to clothes I tend to buy them once a week, since it may be expensive when getting the type of clothes for anything special. The technician of clothing is bought from my dad’s pocket. He tends to buy the clothes for me, every once a week. When there is nothing […]

Diana June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021 Clothing
My Clothes

I often buy clothes twice every two weeks. I usually pay for it. I always get 2 shirts or 1 shirt and one pair of pants. I spend around 15-30 on a shirt. I spend around 50-100 dollars on pants. I usually spend 50-100 dollars on shoes. hopefully, the people making them get paid more than the price of the […]

Veronica June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
My Clothes

I don’t buy clothes very often. Sometimes I pay for my clothes and sometimes my mom or sister pays for my clothes. I decide how much clothes to buy based on if I need something or not. The prices I hope to get my tops, bottoms, and shoes for is something that is a good price. I think that the […]

Jennifer June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
my clothes

i buy clothes every month but mostly when i come back to school from summer. My mom mostly pays for my clothes every paycheck she gets she tries to buy me what i need. i usually try not to go over two hundred dollars. I would usually pay thirty dollars for a top. Print this page.

Jonathan June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
My Clothes

I Don’t buy clothes that often, maybe like 3-5 times  every school year. Usually I am the one who pays for my cloths but sometimes my parents pay for it. I decided how much to buy depending on how much money I have to spend. Usually for a T-shirt the max for me will me 20-25 dollars and for a […]

Edward June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
My clothes

I would say i buy clothes every other 3 or 2 weeks. My mom is the one whos pays for the majority of my clothes but if i do have holiday/birthday money i will buy my clothes. The prices i would hope to get my tops is around 20 depending on the type of blouse for my bottoms i would […]

Copy of General Discussion Response

Dear <First Name of Poster>: I am <adjective showing emotion> <by, about, with> your <post/poem/essay/letter/image…>, “<Exact Title>,” because… <add 2 or 3 sentences> One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “<Quote from the message.>” I think this is <adjective> because… <add 1 or 2 sentences> Another sentence that I <past tense verb> was: “<Quote from message>.” This […]

Paul June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My profile pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because flowers are pretty. I think flowers are pretty because they are basic. My avatar is a flower field because I like flower fields and would wanna go to a flower field one day. I chose this image as my cover photo because I liked how the design looked like a honeycomb. I […]

Jennifer June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021 journal
General Discussion Response

Paul June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures.

The reason why i chose a butterfly as my avatar was because butterflies are my favorite there just so beautiful with all there different multi colors. I want people to see me as a calming person because butterflies are one of the most calming insects out it the world. I had chosen butterflies  as well because one of my family […]

Savannah Camela June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My profile pictures

i chose this image as my avatar because megamind is cool. megamind remind me of myself- because i have a big head. Megamind is one of my favorite movies to watch. I chose my back round picture because i like the ocean. The ocean is peaceful. Print this page.

Jonathan June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because it is my favorite singer and the types of songs that he writes are many that I could relate to. I want people to know online to see me as a chill person… I feel that way because it’s the type of person I am. So i wanted to make my profile […]

Marisa June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures

Marisa June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My profile picture

I chose this image as my avatar because my favorite rapper is polo g, and I want people online to see me as a person that likes polo g’s music. I also feel that polo g is one of those rapers that has a song for any mood, so I wanted my profile picture to look like polo g to […]

Luis June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021 journal
My Profile Pictures

I Chose this imagine as my avatar because I really couldn’t think of what else to put. This imagine is an album cover of one of the artists I listen to. I also like that the picture has a clean design and its not to extra and i wanted my profile to look simple but good.  I chose this imagine […]

Edward June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021 journal
My Profile Pictures

I’ve chosen a photo from the Karate Kid movie because I like the movie. I also want to let people online to know that I’m into old films like Karate Kid. I feel that the film is a classic so I wanted my profile picture to look like the Karate Kid. I chose an image of The Clash as my […]

Samantha June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021 journal
My Profile Pictures

I chose hope as my profile picture because this gives me a measure of hope. The people may have doubt about themselves when coming to a difficult situation. Every time something like bullying comes into our lives we tend to lose that faith and strength. Tell ourselves we can’t do anything about it. Which may excuse all because of the […]

Diana June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021 journal
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because the Raiders are my favorite team and Josh Jacobs is my favorite player from the Raiders. I want people online to see me as a Raider fan, and know i’m true to the team. I also feel like i had no clue of what to put as my profile picture, so i […]

Alexander June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021 journal
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because it’s a building in Mexico that I’ve been to that I really liked. I want don’t want people to see me at all to be honest I don’t care for people to notice me. I also feel that it’s beautiful part of Mexico, so I wanted my profile picture to displace the […]

Sara June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures

Print this page.

Lucy Adamari June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures

Print this page.

Alexander June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures

Print this page.

Marisa June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My profile pictures.

Print this page.

Kevin R June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures

Print this page.

Diana June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
Journal entry

my parents support me because they always tell to go to school and do good and never get in trouble Print this page.

Dewry June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
Journal entry

it doesn’t matter what hair cut people use is there rule to get what they want Print this page.

Dewry June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
Journal entry

one think i did this week was watching movie with my brother and my mom all day Print this page.

Dewry June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
Journal entry

when people ask me where are you from i told them i am from the Dominican replublic a place with culture and where people go to visit for vacation and from where i from is call Azua and where i go  to be with friends and share a laugh and also to be with my family. Print this page.

Dewry June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
Journal entry

one think i did in the past week was going to the plaza with my mom and my brother we when to buy shits and some stuff for my grandmother and them we when home. Print this page.

Dewry June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is i was watching movies with my brother and the movies that i was watching is the x-men Print this page.

Dawry June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
My Three Habits of Mind (Early Summer 2021)

4. Thinking Flexibly 11. Creating, Imagining, and Innovating 16. Remaining Open to Continuous Learning Print this page.

Paul Hankins June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
Agree/Disagree Response

Dear <First Name of Poster>: I am <adjective showing emotion> <by, about, with> your <poem/post/image/letter…>, “<Exact Title>,” because… <add 2 or 3 sentences> One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “<Quote from the message.>” I think this is <adjective> because… <add 1 or 2 sentences> Another sentence that I <past tense verb> was: “<Copy a sentence or line from the post.>” This stood out for me because… […]

Paul June 4, 2021 June 16, 2021
Copy of Agree/Disagree Response

Dear <First Name of Poster>: I can still edit I am <adjective showing emotion> <by, about, with> your <poem/post/image/letter…>, “<Exact Title>,” because… <add 2 or 3 sentences> One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “<Quote from the message.>” I think this is <adjective> because… <add 1 or 2 sentences> Another sentence that I <past tense verb> was: “<Copy a sentence or line from the post.>” This stood […]

Dawry June 16, 2021 June 16, 2021
Journal entry

I’m from the Dominican Republic from a town call AZUA is a nice town to live people there super cool and in AZUA we have pools beaches and river and they are Beutiful Print this page.

Dawry June 13, 2021 June 13, 2021
Cover Image

I picked my cover image simply because I like it. I guess you could say it goes with the theme. The green and eerie theme. To be honest I just think it looks pretty cool. Print this page.

Ketsia June 13, 2021 June 13, 2021 journal
Outline for Multimodal Playlists

Week One Set up your profile – commenting (merge with description of a child) Bio – recording (merged with below HOM 3) 3 true paragraphs Portfolio – Web stories, pick thee Habits of Mind to introduce themselves. Show Your Skillz I wonder if we can imagine each activity being equal to a 60-90 minute work session, one each day of […]

Paul June 11, 2021 June 12, 2021 Multimodal Playlists
Should Schools or Employers Be Allowed to Tell People How They Should Wear Their Hair? Do employers or school administrators have the right to make rules about hairstyles, hair color and facial hair?

No! i strongly disagree because I’m one of those who love to style my hair and switch it up from time to time and i wouldn’t like someone telling me how i should wear my hair because that a way of expressing myself. But when it comes to school rules fortunately they are the ones come makes them but i […]

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
Do You Think You Have Experienced ‘Learning Loss’ During the Pandemic? Or, do you think you have learned just as much — or even more — this past year than you might have if the pandemic had never happened?

Yes! definitely experienced learning loss, i feel i became more lazy and my child just takes so much time out of my day. In my opinion my best way to learn is going to school. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
Would You Want to Be a Teacher Someday? Does the idea of becoming an educator appeal to you? Why or why not? Has being a student during the pandemic changed the amount of empathy you have for teachers? If so, what is different now?

Nope! and Nope!, i don’t think i have the patience to teach others, i get frustrated specially with kids. I rather work on my own and not very social. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
How Do You Connect to Your Heritage? Do you feel connected to your family and cultural roots? Or do you feel distant or cut off from them?

Yes! , i also feel very connected to my family and cultural roots and never feel cut off because my culture is very united. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
What Role Have Mentors Played in Your Life? What makes for good mentors? Do we need them now more than ever?

Definitely parents and teachers and we need them more than ever because they  are the ones who guides us now and for the future. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
What happens when an artist, writer or celebrity behaves in a way you don’t like? Should you separate the person’s behavior from his/her achievements?

I’m not sure about this response, yes an artist express what they do or feel but sometimes is not like that. They behavior may be different when it comes to  projecting their achievements and work. If you dont have a psychically connection or friendship with the artist i don’t see the problem of why you shouldn’t keep supporting unless the […]

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
What Makes You Cringe? An awkward conversation? A dad joke? An embarrassing photo?

Definitely and awkward conversation with a stranger. It just makes me feel weird. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
What Do You Think Are the Secrets to Happiness? In a popular course at Yale University, students learn that the keys to happiness are sleep, gratitude and helping other people. Do you agree?

Yes, i agree sleep can be a factor of your mood , gratitude makes you feel happy about yourself and helping others as well. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
Should People Be Required to Show Proof of Vaccination? Businesses, schools and politicians are considering “vaccine passports” as a path to reopening the country. Do you think sharing vaccine status should be mandatory to go to school, take a vacation or enter a movie theater?

Yes, because it’ s the only way people can verify you are actually vaccinate and won’t get other’s sick. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
Do You Have a Healthy Diet? A new study found that high school students aren’t getting enough produce. Has the pandemic made it harder for you to eat right?

No, i don’t have a healthy diet. But the pandemic did make me eat more healthy due to fast foods being closed and some restaurants closing early. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
•How Should Parents Support a Student Who Has Fallen Behind in School? What advice would you give to a peer who is struggling with schoolwork and feeling like catching up is impossible?

In my opinion, parents should support students who has fallen behind school by encouraging, giving advice, and also most important motivation!. An advice i would give to those struggling is find a purpose and motivation, keep pushing even though it may seem impossible. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
ow Do You Respond When People Ask, ‘Where Are You From?’ Is it easy for you to answer? Or does it feel more complicated than others might realize?

In my place its easy to answer that question, because i just come from one place which is DR. Whenever someone ask me i just simply say “Im Dominican”. Print this page.

Keily June 9, 2021 June 9, 2021
Do you consider the climate impact of the food you eat, the things you buy, the appliances you use and the way you travel?

Yes! I agree climate can be impact things we eat because with a hot climate farms can produce less food. Print this page.

Keily June 9, 2021 June 9, 2021
“Nocturne” by Louise Gluck, Read by Douglas

Mother died last night, Mother who never dies. Winter was in the air, many months away but in the air nevertheless. It was the tenth of May. Hyacinth and apple blossom bloomed in the back garden. We could hear Maria singing songs from Czechoslovakia — How alone I am — songs of that kind. How alone I am, no mother, no father — […]

Douglas April 13, 2021 June 9, 2021
Where I’m from

A lot of people ask where I’m from everytime but some people already know where from. But it’s easy for me to answer that question when people ask me because I’m not afraid to say where I’m from no one should be afraid to tell anyone where they from. Some people might take the wrong way and someone ask them […]

Yeury June 9, 2021 June 9, 2021
This week

I’m going to be honest this week I didn’t do nothing that made me feel good about myself. I’m actually mad at myself because I still haven’t finished school and I really want to finish school and it’s like I’m making it harder than it is. I don’t know what it is but I think if I go back to […]

Yeury June 9, 2021 June 9, 2021
Testing the access module

Members should not be able to edit this because I have set the access to be private Print this page.

Paul June 9, 2021 June 9, 2021
Copy of Drawing error

As an artiste, there are some stuffs that makes me feels cringe or even angry. For example when I don’t see or get a specific result on a drawing or when the final result is not over my expectations, if it’s not the best that I can do I can feel really disgusted and even destroy the drawing because I […]

Paul June 4, 2021 June 4, 2021
Drawing error

Tristan June 3, 2021 June 3, 2021
Have you ever quit something?

One time  almost quit on my basketball team back in 8th. We was down 10 points in the last quarter and I was saying to myself like I should just quit because it over now but then I was had confident in myself so I told my coach to put me back in the game that I am going to […]

Yeury June 2, 2021 June 2, 2021
kylah rowe

in this short narrative story “Ysrael,” by Juno Diaz, some immigration stories from his own upbringing. They face  issues and experiences throughout immigration in the story. He  mentions how the family, goes through rough times , unlike in the Dominican Republic. “Ysrael” depicts the everyday lives and struggles of Dominican-American immigrants is the story of two young brothers that are […]

Kylah June 1, 2021 June 1, 2021
Journal entry

Schools and Employers be allowed to tell people how they should wear their hair because they are not there parents and they don’t pay for there hair styles. Print this page.

Dewry June 1, 2021 June 1, 2021
Journal entry

Schools and the Employers should be allowed to tell people how they should wear their hair because they don’t pay for their hair styles and they are not there parents. Print this page.

Dawry June 1, 2021 June 1, 2021
Compare and Contrast Essay

The stories of both Ali and Julliane in these two videos are more similar than different. In Ali’s video he explains having to go through the pain of being separated from his parents and the difficulties he faced adjusting to life in the UK. In Julianne’s video she explains being a young girl and reuniting with her mother, after being […]

Christian May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021 #seekingrefugee #compare&contrast
The hair style discussion

In my opinion I think that schools shouldn’t be allowed to tell students what kind of hairstyle they should wear but students shouldn’t be wearing no crazy hairstyles. Some students like boys (like me) they will have they Afro all over the place and that’s probably because they want it like that. So I think school shouldn’t tell students what […]

Yeury May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021
Maggie’s Character Traits

Maggie, the protagonist in “Everyday Use,” by Alice Walker, has a few traits that influence her relationships with others. One, <she/he/they> is <choose one trait from list>. Two, <she/he/they> is <choose another trait from list>.  Three, <she/he/they> is <choose a third trait from list>. These traits influence <her/his/their> relationships with others. We can see it this passage from the <book/play/story>:   […]

Yeury May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021
I would have probably been done with school

In this pendemic I think I lost a lot of learning . To be honest if it wasn’t for this pandemic I would’ve probably been done with school. This pandemic distracted me from doing my school work. This virtually school thing isn’t really working for me because I can’t really concentrate to do my work and I really want to […]

Yeury May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021
Journal entry

yes because we taking class in the computer now and that’s why I be lazy Print this page.

Dewry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

I don’t want to be a teacher because I not good with kids Print this page.

Dewry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

i did quit on something  eating fast food because i was gaind alot of weight and now am trying to lose some weight. Print this page.

Dawry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

the school or the employers should not be allowed to tell the students what type of hair they should use because they dont pay for ware hair cuts. Print this page.

Dawry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

yes i think i experienced learning loss because i like going to school and now we doing the work trout the computer and sometime the computer dont be working or the internet dont be working and that makes it difficult. Print this page.

Dawry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

i don’t want to be a teacher because i don’t do good kids sometimes they be annoying. Print this page.

Dawry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

my heritage is good my family is healty and good thanks to god Print this page.

Dawry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

a mentor in my life is my mom because she always keep motivating me to go to school and finish my classes and thats my mentor in my life. Print this page.

Dawry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
My Profile Picture

Why I picked my profile picture is simply because I like it. I don’t really have an exact reason. I just think it looks cool and it’s my favorite color green. Print this page.

Ketsia May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021 Picture Explanation
revolution

Whose Revolution is that? I think I know. Its owner is quite sad though. It really is a tale of woe, I watch him frown. I cry hello. He gives his Revolution a shake, And sobs until the tears make. The only other sound’s the break, Of distant waves and birds awake. The Revolution is Revolution, Revolution and deep, But […]

Imeria May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

I feel like my heritage has been shifting ever since I left high school and the small town in Western Pennsylvania where I grew up. If I use my mother as an example of my family and my cultural roots, I would say that I feel more and more distant from her ideologies, biases, paranoia, and prejudice. When I think […]

Paul May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021 journal
My cultural roots

In my family the culture and tradition is really important. I personally don’t think to be particularly attached to the traditions because It something that doesn’t particularly attract me. But I still respect them even if some of them are really strange to me but I still my tradition and I respect it Print this page.

Tristan May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021
My artistic Mentor

I got a uncle who really knows how to draw and help me to get better in my skills. Since I was little I was always getting fascinated by his portraits and skills and made me think of doing portrait on my turn so as good as he is. He always guide me and gave me some notions that I […]

Tristan May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021
So Many Mentors!

It would be hard to choose just one mentor, since I have been lucky enough to have many. One was a camp counselor who gave me a lot to think about in terms of whether I would or wouldn’t have children….she chose not to have biological children because of her belief in zero population growth, and conversations with her helped […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

I just listened to a podcast of Latinos who are involved in the current NASA mission to Mars, Perseverance. What wonderful examples their stories are! But do they talk about specific mentors? Not so much, more about T.V. shows and open houses at NASA and seeing men walk on the moon AND unwavering support from family members. That has me thinking. […]

Paul May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021 journal
One thing i did over the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself

Well, I sat under a tree outside of my apartment with neighbors and talked about the coming mayoral elections… and I’ll write about why I like Maya Wiely for number one. Print this page.

Paul May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021
Little work

This weekend I got really nothing to do so I decided to go out so as to get some fresh air and play some basketball at the park.  That was pretty cool because I always spent my time playing video games, drawing and watching shows so that was cool to do something else during this weekend. Print this page.

Tristan May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021
Journal entry

my mother make food for the family and they was drinking and playing bingo all night and me and brother and my cousin we was a my room drinking and smoking and playing ps5 all night and just having a fun time and went they left me and my brother started  watching movies  to fall to sleep. Print this page.

Dewry May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021
Journal entry

something I did over the weekend is that on Saturday my family came to my house because every Saturday the get together and they play bingo my mom was playing bingo with my aunts and I was with my cousins and my brother in my room playing 2K and drinking and smoking and that’s what I did in the weekend. […]

Dawry May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021
Journal entry

One thing that makes me cringe is when am having a conversation with a person and I don’t look at there faces is because I don’t like that. one time for example I was in the park with my friends and we were all talking and I was looking down I think they did not notice I hope not because […]

Dawry May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021
Journal entry

One think that make me cringe is a embarrassing photo because one day I was a my little cousin birthday party and it was a clown there and I take a photo with the clown and I did like it and that why I don’t take Photo any more because clown scary me. Print this page.

Dewry May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Oh, I don’t know. Scott Stringer is a politician, not an artist or writer, but a celebrity of sorts, and his bid to become the next mayor of New York City is now in doubt because he has been accused by a woman of inappropriate groping. Her claims haven’t been corroborated yet, but I don’t know if that lack of […]

Paul May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021
Celebrity life and achievements

I think that we don’t have to Judge a celebrity on base on his personal life. Before being famous he/she is human with good and bad parts. For example R Kelly is one of my favorite R’nB artist, I like most of his music but he did what I personally consider as one of the worst immoral act that can […]

Tristan May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Well I pulled together Brendaly’s portfolio I presented it at a conference workshop on Saturday. I’m pretty excited about the possibilities for this work, but there’s a gap between what we can do on Youth Voices and what teachers and what teachers and students want to, can, or are aware that they can do. It’s this gap that keeps me […]

Paul May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021 journal
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours is yesterday was mothers day and my family when to my grandma house to be with her because she was making food for the entire family we eat we Laught and tell story about aware family in DR and that makes me feel good about myself  because I love my grandma. Print […]

Dawry May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021
Journal entry

what I did in the last 24 hours that make me feel good about my self was that my wisdom tooth are coming out and this is my second wisdom tooth that come out and at could say that is a good think but at the same time it hurt but am going to the doctor to take them out. […]

Dewry May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021
When People Ask, ‘Where Are You From?

Where you from will always be a tricky question when people ask specially in the USA. The way you respond that question can shape the way people look and behave towards you. My answer when people ask where I’m from will always be I’m from Puerto rico . Sometimes people correct me and say “No I meant where you live […]

Cristy May 8, 2021 May 8, 2021
Do you think you make good climate choices ?

I make good climate choices but I believe I could do better by knowing more .At home instead of using light balls I rather use more led lights and consume less energy . I believe global warming is a major climate issue we face world wide. Also I try to not waste as much water as possible because helps climate […]

Cristy May 8, 2021 May 8, 2021
Setting up a Group in NowComment

Over the past few days, I’ve been working on NowComment to organize materials around AAPI — Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. It has been exciting to share my tech tips with a growing community of teachers to show them how to get a document up on NowComment “properly.” And to reach out to people to see what they can […]

Paul May 6, 2021 May 6, 2021 journal
Journal entry

On Monday I was watching my favorite show TEENWOLF  like 1:00 and then I had to get ready to go and pick up my little cousin at school and the school is like 2 block from my house when I pick up she talk about what happen a school and when I come back from picking her up and we […]

Dewry May 6, 2021 May 6, 2021
Journal entry

on Saturday i when to my uncle barbecue because he invited me and my brother and my cousins were there i haven seen my cousins in mad long we were there chilling eating talking about how we haven meet up in a long time and we also where drinking and smoking hookah and we was playing some salsa and bachata […]

Dawry May 6, 2021 May 6, 2021
UEFA Champions League

Yesterday was one of the most important games of the Champions League. The champion’s league is the most prestigious league in the soccer world like the NBA in the basketball or even the NFL in the Football world and this tournament started since November 2020 and was between the greatest teams in Europe. Since last week it was the semi […]

Tristan May 6, 2021 May 6, 2021
happines

the secrets to happiness is having good health, knowing your whole family is alive and well and maintains. happiness is knowing you have loyalty with the people you care about that’s the secret of happiness.The key to happiness is loving your love ones no matter what hoping to get stronger rather than weak. The key to happiness is living forever […]

Ernesto May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021
Journal entry

the secrets about happiness is family, friends, my parents because nobody can be sad all the time and is good to laugh with someone that make you happy Print this page.

Dewry May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021
Journal entry

the secret about happiness is to treat yourself on  like my self I don’t beliefs in happiness because happy is just word sometimes people feel jealous of other people because they got money and they don’t it don’ts matter about who has more money is about how you treat your self. Print this page.

Dawry May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021
happiness

Happiness is something I particularly like to talk about because I’m always happy, some people says that some times we don’t need to be happy but to think Many stuffs makes me feels happy like playing games, drawing, listening to music even some stuffs that concern education. For example I really love science, science is really a part of my […]

Tristan May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021

Sleep is important, yes, but I think it tends to go in circles: When I’m unhappy, I tend to sleep less and when I sleep less, I’m more unhappy. So it’s important to break this chain one way or the other. OH, and this leads me to MY basic, my lived, my real philosophy about happiness is that there is […]

Paul May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021 journal
proove for vaccination

On my opinion I think that whe need to get some specifics prooves on our vaccination so as to avoid some misunderstanding. Nothing can proove that youhave been vaccinated and some persons will lie on their vaccination so as to not wear mask without knowingvthat there are potentially infected and this can cause some problems. Print this page.

Tristan May 4, 2021 May 4, 2021
Journal entry

yes people need to show proof of Vaccination because that way they could know that you got the vaccine and you good of the virus but  it dont matter if you got the vaccine you still need to wear a mask. Print this page.

Dawry May 4, 2021 May 4, 2021
Journal entry

yes people need to show proof of vaccine because for people can see that they good of Covid-19 but they still need to wear there mask to be good. Print this page.

Dewry May 4, 2021 May 4, 2021
Should People Be Required to Show Proof of Vaccination?

I’m not sure, but maybe. I mean why not? Pre-K-College students have to show proof of a sorts of vaccinations before they are allowed to come — or continue in school — so why not a COVID shot too? I’m wondering if any of this is necessary.  Oh just get vaccinated. We need to lead with positive examples, not get […]

Paul May 4, 2021 May 4, 2021
Quit

Have you ever quit something? When is quitting the right or healthy thing to do? Yes i quit many things and no quitting is not healthy because if you wants to achieve something don’t give up just do it and keep going into you there. Like many people tell don’t give up on your dream something you will love to […]

Cristin April 26, 2021 April 30, 2021 journal
Hair Rules

Should Schools or Employers Be Allowed to Tell People How They Should Wear Their Hair? Do employers or school administrators have the right to make rules about hairstyles, hair color and facial hair? Umm No they are not my parents and hair is hair , is not going to hurt anyone or me everyone should wear their how they like […]

Learning Loss

Do You Think You Have Experienced ‘Learning Loss’ During the Pandemic? Or, do you think you have learned just as much — or even more — this past year than you might have if the pandemic had never happened? I blame the pandemic since this covid-19 is driving me crazy and i can’t stay focus on my classes but now […]

Would You Want to Be a Teacher?

Would You Want to Be a Teacher Someday? Does the idea of becoming an educator appeal to you? Why or why not? Has being a student during the pandemic changed the amount of empathy you have for teachers? If so, what is different now? No I don’t wants to be a teacher at all for what is not really for […]

Cultural Heritage

How Do You Connect to Your Heritage? Do you feel connected to your family and cultural roots? Or do you feel distant or cut off from them? Yes I feel connected with my family since becoming an active participant in your cultural heritage is a great way to deepen your bond with both family members nearby and communities around the […]

Art and Artist

What happens when an artist, writer or celebrity behaves in a way you don’t like? Should you separate the person’s behavior from his/her achievements? Yes i will separate from him or her behavior because i don’t need that negative energy to me so like they can go somewhere else. Print this page.

What Makes You Cringe?

What Makes You Cringe? An awkward conversation? A dad joke? An embarrassing photo? Well a embarrassing video when i was in 5 grade its was funny and cringe, looking back at it i will never do that again and plus i was little , can’t blame me for it. Print this page.

Proof of Vaccination

Should People Be Required to Show Proof of Vaccination? Businesses, schools and politicians are considering “vaccine passports” as a path to reopening the country. Do you think sharing vaccine status should be mandatory to go to school, take a vacation or enter a movie theater? Another approach would be legislation that requires proof of vaccination to obtain a passport, use public transportation or […]

Happiness

What Do You Think Are the Secrets to Happiness? In a popular course at Yale University, students learn that the keys to happiness are sleep, gratitude and helping other people. Do you agree? Yes I 100% agree because connect with people, Relationships are the most important overall contributor to happiness. People with strong and broad social relationships are happier, healthier and […]

Do You Have a Healthy Diet?

Do You Have a Healthy Diet? A new study found that high school students aren’t getting enough produce. Has the pandemic made it harder for you to eat right?  Yes I have healthy diet , even though I don’t eat the food they give in lunch because it’s not good for us students and especially how we not getting enough […]

Cristin April 25, 2021 April 30, 2021 journal
How should parents support….? 4/26/21

How Should Parents Support a Student Who Has Fallen Behind in School? What advice would you give to a peer who is struggling with schoolwork and feeling like catching up is impossible? Attend Back-to-School Night and Parent-Teacher Conferences. Visit the School and Its Website. Support Homework Expectations. Send Your Teen to School Ready to Learn. Instill Organizational Skills. Offer Help With Studying. Print this page.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 4/22/21

One thing i am doing for this past 24 hours is just going to jupiter and doing the works for my teachers cause all is matter to me is the grades and to gets more credits and i love this school is one of the best school i went so far and i wants to thanks everyone for helping me […]

Cristin April 21, 2021 April 30, 2021
How should parents support….?

•How Should Parents Support a Student Who Has Fallen Behind in School? What advice would you give to a peer who is struggling with schoolwork and feeling like catching up is impossible? Provide Guidance. Some students just need extra time. When possible, set up time during lunch and after school to allow students to practice the concepts that have them […]

Cristin April 30, 2021 April 30, 2021
Revolutionary Poem in The Pocket

Link Print this page.

Christian April 29, 2021 April 30, 2021 #BlackLivesMatter #SayTheirNames #DefundThePolice #NoJusticeNoPeace
REVOLUTION OF Gun Violences by Jaylen Coleman

Suicide and homicide daily on the news  Man stabbed to death over popeyes delicious food There people dead over a shoveling incident   Man goes on Homicide killing spree,  OMG what is up with it Guns should be vaulted or no longer should be granted   We need to form a revolution to make our voices heard what we need […]

Jaylen April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Revoutionary Poem in The Pocket

The times I felt rage, Where’s my people equality. How long must we wait? Don’t brush us over cause of our skin, You know we are still human   Don’t just watch, This is no fun. Our people dying, from misunderstandings? These are not lies, But the truth Print this page.

Natalie April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Journal

One thing I did yesterday was I woke up at 8 and went straight to my Jupiter to see the lesson and works I got to do and I did my homework project, after that I send it to my teachers and check my grade and I got a good grade and I feel happy also I went to the […]

Cristin April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Journal entry

when me and my family had Covid we were coughing and sneezing and also sore Throut and it was  bad because i use to go to sleep and be scared because i did not know if i was going to make it because having Covid is hard because my other family member had Covid and they did not make it […]

Dawry April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Journal entry

when me and my family had Covid we were coughing a lot and sneezing a lot but we keep fighting to get better but I’m not going to lie it was hard. and what i can say is that continue to use the masks so that the Covid does not happen to you. Print this page.

Dewry April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
fanart

I’m really a passionate of anime and arts in general and I always have to draw some stuff so as to feel good. last weekend I got some time and I decided to start a new drawing. I drew an anime character that I particularly like and it was particularly interesting to draw that. I first started with proportions or […]

Tristan April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Journal

One thing I did for the past 24 hours is just log in to Jupiter and finish up my homework and projects and quiz and tests . Print this page.

Cristin April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Journal entry

parents should support the students because they trying to make it out of  high school and be some thing in life Print this page.

Dawry April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Journal entry

before the pandemic i was not eating a lot of food but when the pandemic stared i stared eat more and I gain  Alot of weight but now am trying to lose some weight because it is not good gain weight because it brought  alot of diseases. Print this page.

Dawry April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Journal entry

before covid i was eating healthy food but when covid arrived i began to eat more than what i was eating and began gain weight  because is not good to gain weight and is good to stay healthy. Print this page.

Dewry April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Nutritional Changes during the Pandemic?

Since the Pandemic started I got some differences or changes in my diet and nutrition. I was still in Africa when the Virus was out but in my country it wasn’t really spread out as it is now in Africa so I didn’t got problems or changes in my nutrition and even when I came into the United state I […]

Tristan April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Healthy Diet?

As a matter of fact, the situation created by the pandemic has led to me eating better, for the most part. When I was working from home, I stuck much closer to the neighborhood and didn’t go on big shopping trips in the car as often. So, every week my husband and I started walking from our part of the […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
When People Ask, ‘Where Are You From”

How Do You Respond When People Ask, ‘Where Are You From?’ Is it easy for you to answer? Or does it feel more complicated than others might realize? Yes is easy for me because when people ask me where i am from and i tell them it doesn’t surprise them cause they could tell by the way i looks and […]

Cristin April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
Do You Think You Make Good Climate Choices?

Do you consider the climate impact of the food you eat, the things you buy, the appliances you use and the way you travel? No i don’t ever climate the impact of the food things i buy or the way i travel honestly i feel fine for the way i do it in my own way it really doesn’t bother […]

Cristin April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is went to the mall just to buy more clothes and others things we need cause we going to DR next month and sending boxes over there for my family. Print this page.

Cristin April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
What are some answers to the frequent gun violence we have experienced in this country?

This is such a big question. How can I answer it if the President of the United States and the Congress can’t answer it. One thing I heard recently is that so far this year more illegal guns have been take off the streets of New York City than ever before in a similar time period. And yet, the number […]

Paul April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
What are some answers to gun violence?

What are some answers to the frequent gun violence we have experienced in this country? The best answer to gun violence as changing the way we see guns. Whether they are intended for hunting, sport or self-defense, guns are a type of potentially dangerous equipment that kills many people, just as cars kill people. Print this page.

Cristin April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
new york

I go home  I walk up the stairs  i feel a warm comfort that no other place could give me a open area for whatever i want to do Using the computer like theres no other day Enjoying myself like theres no one to bother me Print this page.

Douglas March 29, 2021 April 14, 2021 Harvest Collegiate High School
Testing Docs

This seems to be working. More tests. Print this page.

Paul April 14, 2021 April 14, 2021
A Person’s Gotta Have a Code

That, of course, reminds me of the character Omar Little from “The Wire”, who seemed to be an outlaw because he robbed drug dealers for a living, but had his own, very strict, code of conduct from which he never strayed. Of course, he killed a bunch of people, so that was problematic, but the point was made. I’ve been […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer April 14, 2021 April 14, 2021
Call of duty Mobile

In general I did nothing during this weekend but I spent a little time playing call of duty warzone which is one of my favorite games. It was pretty good of playing this game and I spent a little good moment playing that game. As it’s an online game, I had to play with other players around the world and […]

Tristan April 12, 2021 April 12, 2021
One thing I did that makes me feel good about myself … one habit this shows.

One of the things I did this weekend was to think and write (or at least begin to write) about the different discourse options that are available on Youth Voices. I found passages in James Moffett’s important book, Teaching the Universe of Discourse. Maybe I should collect those here. Here’s something I wrote recently: In Coming on Center (1981), James Moffett calls […]

Paul April 12, 2021 April 12, 2021
Injuries in Sports

There are many positives when playing sports, like having a healthier lifestyle, but many don’t take into consideration the risks of getting injured. I think the most serious injury is a concussion because a concussion can be permit and can leave you brain damaged. Another serious injury that can ruin a players career is a torn ACL because when you […]

Zachary April 12, 2021 April 12, 2021
Bio on you working portfolio

Paragraph 1: Who are you? What’s important to know about you? What ethnic and cultural heritages are in your family? Where were you born, and what neighborhoods have you lived in? What schools have you been to? When did something important happen to you, a turning point? Paragraph 2: What do you like to do IN school, including extra-curricular activities? What are […]

Paul April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
“Snitch”

Recently I felt forced to tell on my ex co-worker because somebody needed to take actions on unfair situations that used to take place in my job and be ignored . Calling HR was the best option and that’s what I did before they tried to do on me with lies . Some people might see it as snitch but […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
Do we need the arts (music, acting, dance, drawing/painting/design) in our lives?

Yes we definitely do need arts, I believe art is life and it makes us who we are in many ways. We use art to express ourselves for example we use music to communicate, give a message and enjoy good times. A song can bring many memories, reacting towards those memories brings emotions out, emotions make us humans . Art […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
Describe your current favorite online/video game. What do you like about it? What would you redesign if you could?

I believe the phones and games are a trap so I try to stay away from it as much as possible. I respect people choices but in my opinion I don’t play video or online games at all . I feel like I just don’t have the time because I’m always working and on my days off I’m busy doing […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
Should the Department of Education keep remote classes as an option for those who want it in the future?

Yes I agree remote classes should continue in the future because everybody have rights, if some people rather stay learning from home than they should have that option. January 2020 remote classes was still not an option of learning in full time . This way of learning online came with covid-19 and the new technology . First it was hard […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
3/24 Are You Nervous About Returning to “Normal” Life

I can say I’m definitely nervous to see what its gonna be this new generation like when outside opens back up because its like we stuck in 2020 some how with COVID-19 . Same as we stuck in the house doing everything we used to do outside on the internet . I believe things will never be the same due […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One things i did over the past 24 hours is well just doing my works that it and what that makes me feel good about myself is i care about my education and school and i wants to do good and gets good grade. Print this page.

Cristin April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Journal entry

I have never snitch on somebody but i did tell then to break the rules when i was like 10 or 11 years old I dont Remember but it was around that age my cousin wanted to go to play outside but his mom told no so i told my cousin to go out without her permission and after we […]

Dawry April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Journal entry

what I did in the last 24 was I sleep all day yesterday because I was finishing a essay for my global class about china trading opium with great Britain and after that I when to sleep. Print this page.

Dawry April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Journal entry

one think i did in the last 24 hours was yesterday i was trying to go to my cousin house but i did it go because it was to hot outside and i had to stay home because i had a package coming Print this page.

Dewry April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Something I did in the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself… what this shows about me.

Last night just before I took my evening shower and went to bed I sat down and created an “activity” within a playlist on Youth Voices. Here it is https://www.youthvoices.live/profilesetup/activate/. This wasn’t that hard to do because I spent the last several days making another activity, and on Youth Voices you can just copy a published page and use that […]

Paul April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Mirrors

I finally brought my car in today to fix both of my mirrors, which have been banged up beyond repair and I was holding on with tape. Yes, tape. I had been putting it off for a long time. This shows that I take care of useful and valuable things in my life, sooner or later. Print this page.

Ms. Hernandez-Speer April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Journal” “Snitch”

Have you ever “snitched,” or told on someone else for breaking a rule? How did you weigh your relationship to that person, the trustworthiness of the authority and the legitimacy of the rule? It depends on the person also the problems they did if that very bad i will tell if not i wouldn’t tell at all. Also when it […]

Cristin April 6, 2021 April 6, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing I did for the past week that makes me feel good about styling my hair cause it show me i could be a hairstyle and doing people hair and have my own hair salon one day. Print this page.

Cristin April 6, 2021 April 6, 2021
“Snitch”

This is one of my least favorite conversations to have with students every time I have to write someone up for some infraction: “You had to snitch?” When a teacher enforces a rule, which s/he should always strive to do as fairly as possible, s/he is not in an equal relationship with students. S/he is charged with their safety, well-being, […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer April 6, 2021 April 6, 2021
Have you ever “snitched,” or told on someone else for breaking a rule? How did you weigh your relationship to that person, the trustworthiness of the authority and the legitimacy of the rule?

I don’t know. When you are snitching you are going to an authority to inform on your peer. In my life as a teacher, my peer relationships have always been more important to me than the ones I’ve had with the powers that be. So I think my answer has to be “No, I’ve never snitched.” Really, though? I mean […]

Paul April 6, 2021 April 6, 2021
Stopping Hate Crimes

Ever since the begging of the pandemic Asian-Americans have been dying or have been getting called racial names and have been physically abused. I don’t blame the Asian-Americans for this pandemic because it isn’t there fault. We shouldn’t blame and discriminate them just because it came from China because what if it started or came from somewhere else. In an […]

Zachary April 6, 2021 April 6, 2021
Covid Vaccine

The Covid Vaccine has been more accessible this past month, giving us more knowledge about it. Some of the side effects that the vaccine has are tiredness, headaches, fever, and pain. Now that a lot of people are getting the shot a lot of business places are opening up like disneyland and restaurants. Not everyone has gotten the vaccine shot […]

Zachary April 5, 2021 April 5, 2021
Back to School

High schools are now going back to school and gave our parents a choice on either sending their kids to school or keeping them on home studies. For me going back to school was weird because I was used to being on zoom and the computer all day instead of being at school and in a classroom learning upfront. I’m […]

Zachary April 2, 2021 April 2, 2021
High School Sports

Playing high school sports feels different because after the games we would shake the other teams hands and also sports started late in the year. Practices have changed a little bit because the schools still want us players to take caution still and want us to have our mask on at all times. The schools and the county’s have shortened […]

Zachary April 2, 2021 April 2, 2021
Is it harder to grow up now than it was in the past? Why or why not?

No! i feel like is easier to grow up today because of how advanced our world has become. Technology is main reason why. Print this page.

Keily March 27, 2021 March 27, 2021
What teachers at P.U.L.S.E. are expected to show about their classrooms

provide engaging opportunities promote teamwork use engaging materials give students time to reflect especially in virtual environments and remote settings Print this page.

Paul March 26, 2021 March 26, 2021
Do big companies have a responsibility to contribute positively to society?

Yes! big companies contribute positively to society because they have to take care of their reputation and also what they product symbolizes. Print this page.

Keily March 26, 2021 March 26, 2021
Is it important for people with different opinions to be able to talk to each other?

Yes! because by having different opinions they can come down to a conclusion and this can enforce the communication between them, and this is also one of the most prominent part of the differences they all have. Print this page.

Keily March 26, 2021 March 26, 2021
Do we need the arts (music, acting, dance, drawing/painting/design) in our lives? Why or why not?

Yes! I feel like we need Arts in our life’s because without it some people wouldn’t be what they are today. For example singers, painters, actors in movies and so on. Famous people wouldn’t be famous if we didn’t need arts in our lives. Print this page.

Keily March 26, 2021 March 26, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

For the past 24 hours i was sick and no i don’t have the covid 19 i was a little sick that all and now i feel better but those 24 hours i did is taking care of myself, making tea all days that show me i hate being sick and please take care of yourself don’t gets close to […]

Cristin March 25, 2021 March 25, 2021
I managed a new kind of TTT meeting.

How new is it really? I still do all of the inviting and some of the introductions, and I’m often the one stopping a presentation or asking for more. But it might become more and more an act of facilitating as we go. I like that three specific things bubbled to the surface. I think the tricider worked. Should I […]

Paul March 25, 2021 March 25, 2021
Falcon and winter solder

Yesterday I started a brand new show “The Falcon and The Winter solder” which’s made by the MCU. I started it yesterday and it was quit interesting, in general I really liked MCU movies and watching a show with super heroes of the Marvel world was pretty cool and this started at the beginning of the year with wandavision that […]

Tristan March 25, 2021 March 25, 2021
Lumumba Encore

Yesterday I started re-watching the film “Lumumba”. About 16 years ago, I taught a book that took place in Congo (Kinshasa) around the time of its independence for Belgium and the ensuing Congo Crisis, in 1960. I remember showing this film to my students, so they could get some idea of what things looked like and who Lumumba was (and […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 25, 2021 March 25, 2021
Are You Nervous About Returning to “Normal” Life?

After a year of living with new routines and habits, are there aspects of going back to prepandemic school, work and social life that concern you? No I will never be nervous because is nothing new at all we only be in lock down for a 1 years and I am used to it so we will be fine and […]

Cristin March 24, 2021 March 24, 2021
Journal entry

my favorite game to play online is NBA2k21 because basketball is my favorite sport and i like play with my friends online because i have fun Print this page.

Dewry March 24, 2021 March 24, 2021
Concerns about the prepandemic school

In general I got no problem with the fact of going back to school and I really get it as a benefit. So many months at home doing school remotely made some difficulties in the general studies and I think physical school is better because you better get some stuffs by directly interact with the educators whereas remotely you will […]

Tristan March 24, 2021 March 24, 2021
After a year of living with new routines and habits, are there aspects of going back to pre-pandemic school, work and social life that concern you?

Again — and maybe this is my way — I want to change the question. Can we make it something like what can we keep from our new habits? How do we resist a return to normal with things that were not so good? How do we get people to not think of working on computers as a pandemic, remote […]

Paul March 24, 2021 March 24, 2021

I’m not a big player but the only game i have played is Call Of Duty. What i like about COD is that you can play with your friends and is a free game. Now you can play on your phone which before they didn’t have that. I would redesign the quality of the game. Print this page.

Keily March 23, 2021 March 23, 2021
New Remote Option?

Should the Department of Education keep remote classes as an option for those who want it in the future? Why or why not? Yes because even as infrastructural issues such as internet connectivity and lack of instruments are prevailing, a research conducted by a team of faculty at Indian Institute of Teacher Education , Gand hinagar, has concluded that the […]

Cristin March 23, 2021 March 23, 2021
i remember

I remember being at school with worksheets and a pencil. i remember being able to go for lunch running around the school jungle gym with my friends playing tag i remember struggling with some tests and working harder to do better the next test i remember having trouble with using wooden chopsticks and they just fall out of my hands […]

Douglas March 23, 2021 March 23, 2021
Should the Department of Education keep remote classes as an option for those who want it in the future? Why or why not?

Yes! the DOE should definitely should keep remote classes as an option for those who want it because for some students it makes it easier or they able to manage online classes better. Students who lives far from school it benefits them also. Lastly there’s probably students that won’t feel safe due to the pandemic. Print this page.

Keily March 23, 2021 March 23, 2021

What is a remote class? Here’s how I want the question to be asked: Should the DOE support teachers to make their teaching and students learning experiences flow as seamlessly as possible between face-to-face meetings and online synchronous and asynchronous learning? To this (rather tortured) question I would scream from the rooftops, YES! And yes, there are plenty of less […]

Paul March 23, 2021 March 23, 2021
Yes, Any Way Possible!

Yes, I think the D.O.E. should continue to offer remote classes even when in-person classes come back. Some people need a flexible schedule or need to be home for whatever reason. I do think there should be some criteria, though, as in, you’d have to show you can work independently. In general, I think the DOE should make it as […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 23, 2021 March 23, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

I have nothing else to say it the same thing over and over again but what i did on sunday is went to the park with my puppy jojo so he can get a fresh air and a walk also play with another puppy. Print this page.

Cristin March 22, 2021 March 22, 2021
Journal entry

what i did the last 24 hours was yesterday my family was in my house and my grandma and my mom make food for the family and i was chilling with my cousins and my mom was playing Bingo with the rest of the family. what my family means to me is Happiness because i like spending time with my […]

Dawry March 22, 2021 March 22, 2021
Journal entry

One think i did in the last 24 hours was i when to times square with my mom and my grandma and it was a good experience because i have not been to time square in 3 years and this make me feel good about my self because i need to go outside more. Print this page.

Dewry March 22, 2021 March 22, 2021
Birthday

My son turned 12 on Saturday, so I took him up to Ridge Hill to get some things he needed (pants, a bike helmet) and wanted (another dang Lego set). We ate lunch outside, because it was a nice day. When we got home, my daughter had baked his birthday cake with Oreos inside and out. He says it was […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 22, 2021 March 22, 2021
Kinds of Digital Discourse, Kumospace, Brendaly as an example, guides attached to posts… etc.

What’s been on my mind and what have I been doing that makes me feel good about myself has to do with feeling good about putting Brendaly into the middle of an online workshop with teachers (on May 1, Digital Discourse teachers — but could be others before and after that) that induces teachers to these newly described, not definite […]

Paul March 22, 2021 March 22, 2021
Journal entry

two days ago i had 20 dollars and me and brother need to eat something so i when to the deli and i buy platanos and sprite and we made fritos and salami and cheese and we eat it and after that it was all good. Print this page.

Dawry March 19, 2021 March 19, 2021
Next steps for Teachers Teaching Teachers

Now I have set up a tricider for people to propose sessions for TTT. Take a look at https://teachersteachngteachers.org Take a look! Print this page.

Paul March 19, 2021 March 19, 2021
Multimodal Literacy: NYCWP’s LRNG/NowComment Workshop for LUTE-STEM Residents

Teacher-Consultants in the New York City Writing Project jumped at an opportunity to create a summer workshop for the first cohort of LUTE-STEM residents at Lehman College in 2020. We knew how to introduce these young teachers to the theory and practice that has been central to our work with students and teachers in public New York City schools for […]

Paul March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Over the past 24 hours i did so far is checking all my classes and do my work and do the best i can cause i am trying to pass and finish high school. Print this page.

Cristin March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
Favorite Game

Directions Describe your current favorite online/video game. What do you like about it? What would you redesign if you could? My favorites video game so far is friday the 13th what i like about it is you and your crewmate gets to team up and help each other to survives and also how jason gets to kill even though not […]

Cristin March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
Texts and messages

One thing I did in the last….week, really, that made me feel good about myself was sending emails and texts about coming to class and catching up. I don’t like to do it…not because I don’t want to help and support my students, but because I figure they are getting many calls, texts, and messages about coming back to class […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
One thing I did in the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself.

Oh let me see — in my journal here, I’ve been writing about the transition that Teachers Teaching Teachers is going through, because of COVID and remote learning, because of Kumospace, because it is time to shed an old skin… because I want to hand some of the responsibility and joy of doing this work off to younger teachers. So […]

Paul March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
Journal entry

What I did in the last 24 hours was watch movies and the movies that I watch was Falcon rising and Iron man 2 but I like Iron man 2 better because I am a big fan of marvel movies. Print this page.

Dawry March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
Last 24hrs….

Something i did in the last 24hrs was get back on track on school. This made me feel good about myself because it shows I’m trying to finish school and not have totally given up. Print this page.

Keily March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
Journal entry

what at did in the last 24 hours was watch movie with my brother and my mom and we was watching, Falcon Rising is a great movie to watch only if you like watching action movies. Print this page.

Dewry March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021
“America Means” Blog Post

When it comes to the topic of America, many people think of a place free from dictatorship, where every person has the ability to rise to the very top, and those who work hard are rewarded. If you were to ask white Marine Corps veteran Tegan Griffith from rural Wisconsin, she would say that to be American is to be […]

Owen March 18, 2021 March 18, 2021 American Creed, Berkeley High School
I’m So Old

I asked a question I can barely answer myself….I do play online games: the crossword puzzles for the New Yorker and the New York Times, and other word games on the New York Times app. Sometimes I play Tetris. Sometimes I play Solitaire. What I can’t answer is what I would redesign about them, other than the ads they bombard […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 17, 2021 March 17, 2021
Call of duty Mobile

I’m not the best in video games but I think I’m pretty good in some games like FIFA, FORTNITE but, my actual favorite game is COD or call of duty. I first started with the black ops edition and the Warzone but the COD that I mostly play is the COD mobile which is one of my favorite game and […]

Tristan March 17, 2021 March 17, 2021

Do we need the arts (music, acting, dance, drawing/painting/design) in our lives? Yes because just like art, music can make life extremely joyful and can have a huge effect on our mood. In the workplace in particular, music is something that can help people set the mood for what they are about to do. Print this page.

Cristin March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021
America Means Blog Post

When it comes to the concept of “America”, most people think of pride for our country and freedom.  According to Ibram X. Kendi, “American” means accepting and becoming truthful of our actions because it is the only way we can grow from our mistakes. The article titled Denial is the Heartbeat of America addresses the importance of the contradicting quotes […]

Ginger March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021
Journal entry

we need art and acting and music because people can communique threw that and a bring people joy. Print this page.

Dawry March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021
Journal entry

yes we need music, acting, dance, because people communique with each other threw all of that and it brings Happiness to life. Print this page.

Dewry March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021

I feel like we are never without the arts — somehow. The question is whether the arts are used as an escape or pure entertainment — which, of course, there is nothing wrong with — but I want to reverse the question to say how can the arts be used to make our lives better? Does that make sense? How […]

Paul March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021
The Arts Make Life Better

They do, Period. Music, art, dance, all allow the viewer/listener to escape, enhance, enrich, educate….I went to an arts high school with no intention of becoming a performer, but what I learned about music and music theory and music history has touched everything I’ve done for the last thirty years. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Print this page.

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021
One thing you did in the past 24 hourts thta makes you feel good about yourself ?

One thing I did between the past 24 hours was buy my mother a flight to come back to NY. I haven’t seem my mom since January so I’m very exited I got to buy her a flight and give her some money for when she comes home. Also I’m happy because since she’s coming back home I can get […]

Cristy March 16, 2021 March 16, 2021
What problems in your community do you think the local government (mayor, congressperson) should try to solve?

One problem in our communities that local governments should try solve its police services and involvement with the society. There’s a lot of violence going on in our communities and I believe if police officers showed more support to the people more often things will different between us. Nowadays you see arm robbery, homicides and more dangerous things that take […]

Cristy March 15, 2021 March 15, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One things i did over the past 24 hours is keep painting the wall of my room and hallway and living room kitchen bathroom that show me i love to become a painter and i love painting ode and i just wanted to pain some part of the wall where is a little bit dirty on it. Print this page.

Cristin March 15, 2021 March 15, 2021
One thing I did that makes me feel good about myself

One thing I did this weekend that makes me feel good about myself is that I got 86 students up on Youth Voices, students from Bronx International High School. About 20 of these new students were actually put on the site in January 2018, and I can barely remember when we did this. I think it was part of a […]

Paul March 15, 2021 March 15, 2021
Roller Skates

Yesterday my daughter and I went to a roller-skating gathering organized by a neighborhood mom I know. We met at a schoolyard whose surface is nice and smooth. Four moms and their kids showed up. The organizer had music all cued (queued?) up and ready to play, and we skated for a good two hours. It was truly joyful fun, […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 15, 2021 March 15, 2021
America Means Ignorance

When it comes to the topic of America, many people think of our loyalty and our patriotism. Others may think of our economic strength or our democracy. According to Ibram Kendi, “American” means denying our past failures and pretending like our country is great and always has been. The article titled “Denial Is the Heartbeat of America” details the […]

Paul March 15, 2021 March 15, 2021
America means to be American

America means to be American. Now, when it comes to the topic “being American” most people may think that it means to be patriotic or to just be a citizen of America. But, according to the text “Denial Is the Heart Beat of America” by author Ibram X. Kendi, American means denying wrong doing of America. An example is the […]

Cyrus March 15, 2021 March 15, 2021 American Creed, Berkeley High School
Do movies and TV reflect the racial and cultural makeup of the USA yet?

Movies and TV do reflect the racial and cultural makeup of the society in USA. When we see tv shows, series, movies made in America you can noticed that its all type of races coming together as one country . I believe we shape America and when I say we i mean all races it shows diversity and union all […]

Cristy March 14, 2021 March 14, 2021
America Means ______

“America:” the richest, greatest, most bestest country in the entire world. Some people call it home. Some people want it to be home. For others, America has raped, destroyed, and subjugated their home. In the video titled “Marine Life in the Midwest,” we get a perspective from someone taking part in the aforementioned raping, destroying, and subjugating. Author Tegan Griffith, […]

Kurt March 14, 2021 March 14, 2021
Importance of talking each others while having different opinions

I really like to debate on thinks that I specially like and its important to expose our different opinion in this debates. When we talk about a particular theme or situation every one have to say what he really thinks so as to better interpret what someone wants to say. For example the vaccine of the Virus, in my opinion […]

Tristan March 11, 2021 March 11, 2021
Agree to disagree

I have never been a good debater. I end up trying to avoid hot-button issues with people if I don’t know them well enough to know what we agree and disagree on. I’ve had several conversations in the last year, however, that have tested my patience and tolerance. I have the right to my opinion, and I don’t like to […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 11, 2021 March 11, 2021
Is it important for people with different opinions to be able to talk to each other? Why or why not?

In the background as I write my 90-year-old mother is playing hymns on the piano, which is better than her sitting in her room watching FOX. Do I even try to talk with her? Well, we have a book of Broadway tunes at the piano too, and she is currently picking her way through “Oh what a beautiful morning…” and […]

Paul March 11, 2021 March 11, 2021

Is it important for people with different opinions to be able to talk to each other? Why or why not? I will yes because even though you and the other person have different opinions and don’t agree on it but how can we make and keep good friends even if we have different views and ideas I will say is […]

Cristin March 11, 2021 March 11, 2021

I believe it was harder back in the days for kids growing up because they didn’t have the opportunities or technologies we have today. Our society becomes way more advance every year and that makes it way easier for kids to grow & develop in many ways. The up coming society have better learning skills which make it easier for […]

Cristy March 11, 2021 March 11, 2021

Big companies can impact the society the in many different ways and I do believe is their responsibility to contribute in a positive one. One example I can use is Mexico Tulum, this place is full of new big companies either of hotels or places for tourist that brings money but also pollution to the environment. This companies are benefited […]

Cristy March 11, 2021 March 11, 2021
Journal entry

in my opinion yes companies no matter the size do not operate in a bubble and also the decisions a company makes impact their employees. Print this page.

Dawry March 10, 2021 March 10, 2021
Contribution of big companies to the society

On my opinion big companies aren’t forced to contribute in the society but I think that will be benefic for them to do so. A big company will have to contribute on the wellbeing of his environment or society so as to attract more consumers to consume their product so as to increase their profit. It’s also important to to […]

Tristan March 10, 2021 March 10, 2021

Yes big companies do have the responsibility to contribute positively to society even if it hurts their soul. I say this because big companies have way more than enough cash to donate it to a charity or to invest into a small business. Print this page.

Steven March 10, 2021 March 10, 2021

How do I write about this without being hypocritical? I depend on big companies like Amazon, Google, Facebook (Instagram), Spectrum (cable and Internet), Twitter, WordPress (where I’m writing right now) all of the time. And I THINK these companies “contribute positively” to my life and to society. Do I think we as a people have a right and a responsibility […]

Paul March 10, 2021 March 10, 2021
Journal entry

one think i did in the last 24 hours was i when to bjs with my mom and my brother and that means that i like helping my mom with the groceries. Print this page.

Dewry March 9, 2021 March 9, 2021
One thing you did over the past 24 hours that makes you feel good about yourself. (feb/25)

One thing I did this day that made me feel so good an excited was visiting the ice cream museum with my co-worker . I always wanted to visit all the amazing places we have in the city and to me the ice cream museum is one of them . We took amazing pictures and it was such an interesting […]

Cristy March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
Journal entry

company not only impacts  the greater good of society but it has a positive effect on employee morale and customer loyalty Print this page.

Dawry March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
Journal entry

company not only impacts the greater good of society but it has a positive effect on employee morale and customers and loyalty. Print this page.

Dewry March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is fixing up my room and painting because i am moving out soon and i wanted to get the room a new makeup over so that what i did for those 24 hours that show me that i am a clean person also i guess i am a painter since i […]

Cristin March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
Watched the ALLSTARS GAME

As you surely all know yesterday the 7th march was the famous ALLSTARS GAMES at Atlanta. That was really cool to watch as I really like Basketball and practiced that sport for a moment. It was really cool even if my team, team Durant lost against Team LeBron. I particularly liked the 3point contest won by Steph Curry who is […]

Tristan March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
Beans

I made a big pot of beans from scratch last night, and they came out tasting pretty good. This makes me feel good about myself because in my house, our favorite brand of beans has been Goya. However, the CEO of Goya has been vocally supportive of Donald Trump, and I don’t want to give Goya my business any more. […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
One thing I did over the weekend that makes me feel good about myself.

Well I finished part four of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, and by “finished” I mean that I read chapters 21-32, I got these chapters recorded, then I carefully checked through the digital copy we have to find transmission errors when it went from a PDF to an HTML text and onto NowComment. So… the fourth of five parts […]

Paul March 8, 2021 March 8, 2021
What is a story in the news that has caught your attention recently?

Well first I got to admit I barely watch the news on TV, while I’m using my phone I watch news reports in social media but also in Apple news. One thing that happened in February that really caught my attention was the massive stabbing in the A train station line . I’m usually the type of female that was […]

Cristy March 5, 2021 March 5, 2021
The Genius Behind Everlasting War

The image attached is what I created for my Quotation Inspiration presentation. Print this page.

Ahmir March 5, 2021 March 5, 2021
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was play ps5 because i just got it on Monday and the game is really cool and is way better than ps4 because is a new generation. Print this page.

Dewry March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
DNA Analysis

I recently found out that my father has a condition called Alzheimer’s disease. It’s something that older people get; eventually it causes dementia (confusion and memory loss). I had noticed some changes in my father’s behavior as he got older, but then a test confirmed it. He’s ok; pretty healthy, and he still knows who we are, so it’s not […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that i watch netflix all night and am watching the show calls the Flash. Print this page.

Dawry March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is playing with my cousin baby she just give birth 3 months and he turn 3 months yesterday and he so cute and chubby and i was playing with him the all day i just love baby a lot. Print this page.

Cristin March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
One thing you did over the February break that makes you feel good about yourself.

One thing I did during the February break that made me feel good about myself was going out to dinner for my friend birthday . I enjoy dressing cute and going out because that’s a way of releasing stress and also enjoy myself. We took amazing pictures, had good meals and even some drinks . Overall certain things went wrong […]

Cristy March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
What have you been taught about slavery ?

During elementary and middle school years I learned about so many cultures and world history and what mostly everything had in common was slavery. Slavery has impacted the world in many negative ways and till this day it still affect us. Slavery always been a major subject required for all of us to learn about in school or society so […]

Cristy March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
What do you and your friends discuss about race and class?

When it comes to speaking on race in class there can be a division that sometimes can lead to a comparison between Hispanic and Black. Usually those are the major races I around myself with so that’s what defines me. Sometimes theses conversations can turn into inside jokes or what we have similar and don’t but also union and love. […]

Cristy March 4, 2021 March 4, 2021
Journal entry

the one thing i did in the february break is i when to my cousin house for 3 days because i haven see him in mad long Print this page.

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

i been told that slavery was really bad because they use the to work for then like they are toys Print this page.

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

about the tiger woods accident it was really bad i hope he’s ok Print this page.

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was i help my mom cleaning the house Print this page.

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was watch movies all night Print this page.

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

is better to grow up now than it was back then because now we have internet and phone and computer and back then people did not have those things and life is better now then it was back then Print this page.

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Journal entry

Dawry March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021

That’s an interesting question. One of the things I need to figure out is how change happens in the different neighborhoods in the Bronx. Brian Lehrer is doing a series each week on West Farms 10460 https://www.wnyc.org/story/west-farms-10460-overview/ and I’m learning from this how difficult it is to change a neighborhood like this. Okay… so I want to get this series […]

Paul March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
local problems In New York City

New Yok City is a very big and amazing city, but it has some problem that I think should be solved. First, New York City has a very high population density and could be a big problem in the sense of transports. As you know because of high traffic in the city, the citizens has to highly use the common […]

Tristan March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021

The local issues i believe that our mayor should try to solve, are the pot holes and stray animal issues. Pot holes cause many car accidents, especially on the express-way. There are usually always accidents on the express-way where cars are speeding and lose control because of pot holes. Print this page.

Cristin March 3, 2021 March 3, 2021
Harder to grow up now than it was in the past?

Is it harder to grow up now than it was in the past? Because the thing is we were all little we didn’t have to do this or that and nw since we are growing we have to our part and to learn when we move out from our parents house we have gets a job , cleaning, cooking, doing […]

Cristin March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
Harder to grow up now?

I think things balance themselves out as time progresses. Technology has made many things easier, cooler, faster, but it is ruining the environment. There is more acceptance of difference and diversity than there was a century ago, but the conversations, places where we disagree, are often difficult and painful. Print this page.

Ms. Hernandez-Speer March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
Journal entry

is better now because in the past the life style was different we have phone and the internet Print this page.

Dewry March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
is it harder to grow up today than it was in the past? Why or why no

Oh, I don’t know. I mean, it has to be really hard now if you are a young person growing up with the uncertainty, sadness, and just trauma of this pandemic then I don’t think there’s any question that you have to have some sort of grit, some fortitude, some ability to grapple — or as I’ve learned from a […]

Paul March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
Advantages of growing Up today compared to the past

In this days it’s really amazing to grow up because of the internet and technological advance the society has done compared to the last years. In our current society kids can grow up in a very cool way because they their mental capacities developed more faster and better than the kids of the past years. Today a kid from 5 […]

Tristan March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
places we love

Douglas March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is practice for my driver test so i can one day get my dream car and i am so happy about it and i am just practice more and more into i am ready for the real test. Print this page.

Cristin March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
Portrait Realism

This weekend was as normal as any day of the week. But this weekend, I just added some hours of drawing so cool myself and be better in my art works This Saturday I decided to do a realistic portrait of the the actor Dwayne Johnson with graphite pencils. This was really funny and cool because it’s being a moment […]

Tristan March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021

Okay, so I started working on a curriculum that is Bronx-centered and focused on the current primary season. I was going to write about upcoming elections, but we are in the middle of it already! What I think I’m figuring out is how to build a new project out of existing playlists — thinking about how to make them more […]

Paul March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
Taking a knee

People always have a purpose behind their actions. Athletes just like us sometimes have tuff history and believes they protests and stand on. Taking a knee is a different way of protesting for a cause in the most respectful and peacefully way . I totally agree on taking a knee on important and famous events  because is a way of […]

Cristy March 1, 2021 March 1, 2021
where im from

I am from acer my monitor, from bounty and logitech   I am from the jungle gym in the park  a few streets away from me   I am from the chinese food the subway smells  the halal food stands   i am from chicken and duck   from my dad and mom   from jokesters, and hand me downs […]

Douglas February 28, 2021 February 28, 2021
Why is race so difficult to talk about?

I believe race is so difficult to talk about for many different reasons, Your race besides your name can be one of the major aspect to define you as a person. Most of the time the way we live , dress and behave has a lot to do with our race and the history behind it . Racism has to […]

Cristy February 28, 2021 February 28, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is reading a book for driving cause i am going to take my driver test soon and i did a practice quiz and i got a 18 out of 18 so 100% so that good for a first time and wish me good luck. Print this page.

Cristin February 25, 2021 February 25, 2021
Planning My Future

Yesterday I had really good time and decided to think about my future what I really wanted to do. Since two years already I really got interested by the Animation world, By animation I’m talking about the job of production and commercialisation in general. I planned to first do my college in the computer science and graphical illustrations before thinking […]

Tristan February 25, 2021 February 25, 2021
I found food in the freezer

Sometimes I feel lazy about cooking, but we gotta eat! Sometimes that means we order food, but we try not to do that too often, because it’s more expensive, and it involves more plastic waste and garbage, and it’s a little risky in the pandemic. So, I went digging in the freezer, and I found something I could cook. This […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 25, 2021 February 25, 2021
Tyger wood injured

I got the information of this incident just today and its really a good coincidence with the journal I’m supposed to write today. As I wok up today at 6 A.M, I was shocked by the breaking news of the famous Golfer Tyger Wood, It have been told that the Cops where called at 7A.M and that the Golfer was […]

Tristan February 24, 2021 February 24, 2021

Let’s see… I’m interested in all of the go back to school news/controversy because I think different groups — parents, teachers, policymakers — talk around each other and rarely are youth considered. And it is such a different question at the different ages. Within that whole thing, I can’t believe that the Biden administration is saying that NY tests have […]

Paul February 24, 2021 February 24, 2021

Well the covid 19 cause all i see in the news is covid about the vaccine and less people are dying which that good since the number went less to 46,562. But this covid has affect everyone their loves one died more are losing jobs others are fighting and getting bored of each other during this covid 19. Print this […]

Cristin February 24, 2021 February 24, 2021
The News

The news that has been catching my attention most recently is the violence in the NYC subway. Last week, a homeless man stabbed three other homeless people, one of the died, and one of the stabbings happened at my home station, which is 181st street, on the A train line. I know that mental illness made that happen, and the […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 24, 2021 February 24, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing over the past 24 hours is looking for a job and also soon on april i will get my id and i am happy about it to get a job soon and my id as well and that show as a young girl i could go to school while still working. Print this page.

Cristin February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
Journal entry

on my opinion slavery is not good because they use the people to do the work for them. Print this page.

Dewry February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
slavery

Slavery, that’s a topic that I’m particularly interested on as an African youth. In my country this topic is really common in education and there is one that particularly touched me, and that was the Haitian rebellion lead by ‘Toussaint Louverture’ This slave rebellion started in 1791 and was the most successful of all because of the strong conviction of […]

Tristan February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
What I was taught about slavery

I remember learning about slavery’s wrongness long before I really understood its economic meaning. I’d even go as far to say that I learned it was wrong before I knew what it was. It was a sort of knee-jerk education in terms of the word and context. I remember thinking in terms of the Civil War, “the North was good […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
What have you been taught about slavery up until now?

There are a few recent bubbles of thought bouncing around in my head. I was just listening to a history professor — the president of Rutgers College — talking about how you can’t understand American history without understanding that America was built on the institution of slavery. Yesterday, a student who is reading Stamped asked if the is slavery anymore. […]

Paul February 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
The Culpability of the Texas State Government in Recent Texas Winter Storm

With so many problems plaguing our country today one would think state governments would be taking action to avoid further complicating matters, especially a prideful state government. However, this apparently is not the case when it comes to the Texas state government whose arrogant amount of self-confidence prevented them from making the decisions necessary to prevent a winter storm from […]

Victoria February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Well over the past 24 hours i did was went to my computer check each of works i miss and do it and not only that i was helping one of my friend with his homework since he needed to learn spanish and he doesn’t know it so he went to me of course as a good friend  i teach […]

Cristin February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
Journal entry

one think i did this week was i when to my cousin baby shower and he is having a boy, and we was drinking liquor and next day i was watching movie all day and later that day i make some home make taco with my mom. Print this page.

Dewry February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
On the up and up, I hope

Well, I started the February break by getting my second COVID vaccination, so that makes me feel a little more hopeful that as more people get the vaccinations, the closer we can get to a more normal situation (I think some things have changed forever, but not everything). However, just a day or two after that, both of my parents, […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
One thing I did over the break hat makes me feel good about myself

Let’s see, I solved a problem, but this doesn’t really seem worth writing about. But maybe. On Youth Voices, we have these “Habits of Mind” awards we can give to students, and when Chris Sloan gave one 10 days ago, I said that it was like putting a star at the top of a student’s paper — except it was […]

Paul February 22, 2021 February 22, 2021
Media Diversity

Do movies and TV reflect the racial and cultural makeup of the USA yet?  One of the ways in which films affect society is by expanding our knowledge of history and culture . Some movies are like history lessons to the viewers, since they show real life past events. Films  also describe and explore different cultures around the world. Print […]

Cristin February 11, 2021 February 11, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 2-9-21

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is helping my mother since she was very sick and i took care of her and feed her and others things as well that show me i am a good daughter to her and it very important to help sick people to get better and that make people know you are […]

Taking a Knee

What do you think about professional sports players kneeling as a protest action before games? I think Many people adults and youth alike look up to athletes, giving them the power to influence public opinion. Print this page.

Even though i wasn’t here i know me and my classes will have different opinion when it come to race. Print this page.

Why is race so difficult to talk about?

Talking About Race is a new web portal from the museum that’s meant to spark discussion, community building and self-care after the horrifying death of George Floyd at the hands of police. Print this page.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 2-2-21

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is learning how to do different hairstyle that make me feel good cause one day  i want to do be a hairstyle and someday build my own company. Print this page.

Journal entry

one think i did in the last 24 hours was help my mom with the laundry and that make me feel good about my self because i like helping my mom Print this page.

Dewry February 10, 2021 February 10, 2021
Journal entry

Yes, because there are a lot of films that are about culture in all countries. Print this page.

Muncho Chamba poqito dinero

I am currently at work. This is my 9-5. I am the person in charge of the kitchen. This job is a lot of responsibility more than taking care of a new born baby. I work in the Lower East Side (LES) in a Mexican restaurant called Barrio Chino. My responsibility here is to make sure that every single plate […]

Steven February 9, 2021 February 9, 2021
Journal entry

think is important to take a knee before games because that is like you pay respect to other people and even the people don’t like that and they think is disrespectful in my opinion i think they should because that being respectful. Print this page.

Dewry February 8, 2021 February 8, 2021
Take a Knee

I approve of taking a knee during the national anthem as a sign of protest. I’m aware that it makes some people very angry; however, I see it as a quiet yet visible expression of one’s right to disagree with many things that are done in the name of their country and their flag. As it is, when the national […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 8, 2021 February 8, 2021
Defining the Need for Skills Acknowledgements

Why do we need skills, an assessment tool, on Youth Voices? Fair question, especially since simplicity is the key to success for online learning systems. But also, asking youth to pay attention to recommending each other for skills and also creating them for us to use all takes time away from other reading and writing and learning they might be […]

Paul November 1, 2020 February 5, 2021
Why is it sometimes difficult to talk about race?

That’s a great question. Even the first thing that came into my head seems like it’s wrong to say, and I want to edit the thought or correct it before I say it. So this is a good example. What I want to say is that race is used too often in ways that are unhelpful to understanding the problem. […]

Paul February 3, 2021 February 5, 2021
Journal entry

Because is to many race with young children parenting to be bully Print this page.

Dewry February 5, 2021 February 5, 2021
Journal entry

One think i did in the last 24 hours it was watch movie with my brother and my mom Print this page.

Dewry February 5, 2021 February 5, 2021
My classmate’s reaction about race issues

In general I don’t really talk about this delicate issue with my school mates but in some particular cases I do talk with them about it, and their reactions are pretty surprising. In the following paragraph I will be discussion with you on their personal opinion and what I really think about it. Most of my classmates are from Africa […]

Tristan February 4, 2021 February 4, 2021

When the topic of race and class come up, my friends feel that the ‘White’ people run the country. I feel like Hispanic, blacks, and people of other ethnic are the reason why America runs. There is a lot of back and forth because they believe that the working class should always provide for the wealthy. But I believe that […]

Steven February 4, 2021 February 4, 2021

There’s no short answer to this question, so I’ll just tell a story: About 5 years ago, there was a woman in the news a lot named Rachel Dolezal. She was a professor of African and African American Studies at a college in Oregon, and she was very active in politics in the Pacific Northwest. As it turns out, she […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 4, 2021 February 4, 2021
Race is Difficult to Talk About

Wow, it’s even difficult to write about. Why? In my experience, it’s because I don’t want to hurt anyone, or say anything that could be construed as racist, and also be truthful. Being truthful can expose the holes in one’s knowledge, otherwise known as ignorance. Over the years, through some painful lessons, I’ve started to find ways to ask questions […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer February 3, 2021 February 3, 2021
Why is it difficult to talk about race

Race have been a very delicate subject to talk about since many years. since the annexation eve in the 1880’s race have been a kind of subject matter or conflicts around the world due to critical factors like skin color, culture and more factors which have caused bloody battle through the years . Racism is the most common negative effects […]

Tristan February 3, 2021 February 3, 2021
drawing

I’m drawing since I’m a little kid and I really to do that. Last week I decided to do some arts and share it on my instagram page because I think I’m really good at that and maybe can be a major icon on web through my art. I first drew Morgan freeman and I was feeling really good because […]

Tristan February 2, 2021 February 2, 2021
Managing posts on Youth Voices

It’s not such a noticeable thing I do, but I went through about 20 posts on Youth Voices yesterday, editing and making sure that each post is a good as it can be — and that it is in a category that fits the UN Sustainable Goals, and there is. tag to the school page, and a proper image, and […]

Paul February 2, 2021 February 2, 2021
Digital journal

I do think remote learning should be an option for those who want it because it may be easier for them , from my own experience I actually liked it Print this page.

Brendaly January 26, 2021 January 26, 2021
The Impact of Pollution on Ducks

Imagine: you are a toddler, shopping with your mother. On your way from the car to the store, you walk across a bridge that vaults over a river. Three ducks suddenly rise from the banks of the river and soar up, over the bridge and past you. In awe, you tug on your mother’s hand and point at them with […]

Rachel January 23, 2021 January 23, 2021
A Continuation of the analysis of To HIs Coy Mistress- R*pe Culture and Rejection

TW: rape/discussions of violence against women/mentions of sexual content With the resurgence of the Me Too movement, discussions of rape culture, and the discourse as a whole over women’s experiences in the world and how everything from the way we dress to how we breathe revolves around men. The internalized male gaze and compulsive heterosexuality Are two examples of the […]

Emma January 22, 2021 January 22, 2021 feminism, poetry, rosary high school
alien evasions

Aliens came to my home and took my sister about a year ago. We have been looking for her  since. Recently, I had these feelings that she is really  close by.  So, i went to look for her and i saw her in an alleyway but she wasn’t normal, she was glowing green and she was eating something that […]

Kylah January 22, 2021 January 22, 2021
Remote option

Now that you have had a chance to experience remote learning, do you think it should always be an option for those who want it? Why or why not? Some students learn better at their own pace  At the same time, remote learning allows students to wake up later than they would for a typical school day. The extra sleep […]

Cristin January 21, 2021 January 21, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 1-25-21

one thing i did over the past 24 hours is modeling since i am getting a job and i wanted to do model of course so they wanted to see how i walk also doing pics. Print this page.

Mission Catastrophe

“2 days before the end of the world.” It was a normal day for the town of quinlittle, but little did they know something catastrophic was coming their way. There’s a family called the Kimilo’s. One day Tony Kimilo and his father Jeffrey Kimilo the meteorologist were in the woods studying the weather. Tony’s father knew something was off and […]

Ahmir January 21, 2021 January 21, 2021
Emergency Services

Emergency services,  hospital workers in particular.  Hospital workers go through thick and thin working.    They are the only people I know that work day and night, 24/7.  I praise hospital workers because they are strong human beings.  They may work 20 hours straight  and still have the ability to come back and do it again the next day.  […]

Ahmir January 19, 2021 January 21, 2021
Digital Journal

I think maybe 9 or 10 and below is too young for an iPhone because they won’t really need it yet Print this page.

Brendaly January 21, 2021 January 21, 2021
Digital journal

today for Inauguration Day I feel happy that trump is finally getting kicked out of office and we will now have joe Biden officially as our president so misery will finally come to an end Print this page.

Brendaly January 20, 2021 January 20, 2021
Equal.

We all a have soul.    We all have a heart.    We all  bleed.    We all cry .    We all live .    We all die.     I’m not any different than you.   You are not any different than me.    We are all made equally.                      […]

Jahnya January 20, 2021 January 20, 2021
Journal entry

am going to say that young is like 14 to 15 for a teenager to have a smart phone because thats a good age for a teenager to have a phone for example they may be going into high school freshmen year and they need to have a phone. like me i got my first phone went i was 16 […]

Dawry January 19, 2021 January 19, 2021
Journal entry

am going to say that young teenager at 16 because they discover new things as they growing up Print this page.

Dewry January 19, 2021 January 19, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 1-21-21

That’s day i went shopping to buy some dress for my bday on the 27 of this month and went to do my nails also buying crown. Print this page.

Cristin January 17, 2021 January 17, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Over the past 24 hours i did was doing my work from my other classes. Print this page.

single mother hood

Having two kids is a hard thing but u have to stay strong for ur kids. You have to be the mother and father.  You might have to work multiple jobs.  Being a single mother is a struggle but its worth is once u see what you have created.  All the hard work pay off.  But the real struggle is […]

Kylah January 15, 2021 January 15, 2021
Digital Journal

Something I did over the last 24 hours is take my dog for a walk and this shows that I care about my dogs physical state Print this page.

Brendaly January 14, 2021 January 14, 2021
Their eyes were watching god

Janie is a  character her archetype changes dynamics over the course of the book. At the beginning of the book she is the archetypal survivor. This can be seen on paragraph 5 of part three, where the author writes:   “She hated her grandmother and had hidden it from herself all these years under a cloak of pity. She had […]

Brendaly January 13, 2021 January 13, 2021
Digital Journal

One thing I did over the last 24 hours is drink ginger lime tea in order to help me with stress and Anxiety, and what that says about me is that I care about my mental and physical state Print this page.

Digital Journal

what makes a good teacher?, what makes a good teacher is Patiences so they won’t get annoyed when having to explain the work multiple times when someone doesn’t understand and being able to explain the work in a way the students will understand Print this page.

Journal entry

if you work hard you will succeed in the future Print this page.

Dewry January 13, 2021 January 13, 2021
Journal entry

for me i think hard work is important because if you work really hard you going to become something in the future Print this page.

Dawry January 13, 2021 January 13, 2021
Smartphone

How young is too young for a kid to have a smartphone? Why? I feel like a kid should gets a phone when they are responsibility with it also when they are a bit older like 6 to 8 grade. Print this page.

Cristin January 12, 2021 January 12, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Helping my mother with her paper she needed help with before she went to DR. Print this page.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Nothing much i did in that date of dec 9th i was just sitting on my couch watching tv. Print this page.

What is a Hero?

What is a hero? a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities: “a war hero.” Also brave man, champion man of courage, great man. Print this page.

Other Parts of the World

Should we care about events in other parts of the world? Why or why not? We should care about events happening in other parts of the world so we can make friends with those parts, because that way we won’t have to go to war with them and we will have peace. Print this page.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 12-23-20

i was with my grandma place since my mom left to DR so i spend New year and Christmas with her and my uncle and my brother. Print this page.

Another Language

Should everyone learn at least one other language? Why or why not?  I mean is depends on them if they wants to or not but for me i know English and Spanish but i also learning to speak french as well. Print this page.

Teacher’s Identity

Does your teacher’s identity affect the way you learn from her/him? Why or why not? No i mean they should’t because that how the way they learn there no reason to feel that way at all people teach others different way that how life is. Print this page.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 1-7-21

spending time with my family. Print this page.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 1-14-21

Just doing all the homework i just missing to catch up with my grades since i am doing well with my credits i went 7 up. Print this page.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Just cashing up with the homework i am missing that all. Print this page.

Good teacher

What makes a good teacher teaching students on what to do , helps them, be there for them when they need the opportunity from the teachers. Print this page.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Nothing much just looking for dresses for my 18 birthday coming up soon. Print this page.

Journal entry

a good teacher is a person who help you doing your work one time i was file the class and she helped me finish my and that approval that i want to pass the class. Print this page.

Dewry January 12, 2021 January 12, 2021
Journal entry

what makes a good teacher is a teacher that help you like one time when i was in middle school and i need it to do a project and i did finish it i told that i was going to file the class and she help me do it and i did the project and i past the class. Print […]

Dawry January 12, 2021 January 12, 2021
Journal entry

I am afraid of the zoo because is some of the animal that I dont like for example lion and snake and crocodile and bears. Print this page.

Dewry January 11, 2021 January 11, 2021
Journal entry

is important to learn at least another language because if you know different languages thats going to help you in the future like getting a job or you can make your own work. like for example me i know spanish and English am from the dominican republic and i came over hear when i was 12 years old and know […]

Dawry January 11, 2021 January 11, 2021
Digital Journal

Something I did in the past 24 hours is science work and what this shows about me is that I’m trying to stay on track and not be behind on work Print this page.

Brendaly January 11, 2021 January 11, 2021
values

My family has many important values, the 2 values that i will discuss in this essay are citizenship and Determination these values are important because of three main reasons  . 1 bceuase we believe helping out community is good. 2, we believe that once u do something u have to finish it  no matter how hard. The first value my […]

Kylah January 8, 2021 January 8, 2021
2020 is hindsight

The year 2020 was interesting, to say the least. Today in class we’ll reflect on the past year. Annotate the article A Year Like No Other, The Year in Pictures 2020 on NowComment (Links to an external site.). Add at least three comments or replies to other people’s comments, or to the images themselves. Comment on one of the posts that is […]

Chris Sloan January 7, 2021 January 7, 2021
Digital Journal

Independence-now that I’m an adult I think independence is something that I really need to learn like me getting a job to earn my own money diligence-I want to be more focused on my work   growth-oriented – I want to better myself and work on things I feel like I need improvement on Print this page.

Brendaly January 6, 2021 January 6, 2021
Digital Journal

My teachers identity doesn’t affect how I learn from him/her because I don’t think about it Print this page.

Habits Labels and Links

User input lable: Choose a user whose work, in your opinion, demonstrates this habit. Nomination button text: Click here to add this habit to the profile of a user who has work that shows this ability, power, practice, or disposition. Notes input label: Describe and paste links to this user’s work that shows this habit in action. (The box expands.) […]

Paul January 5, 2021 January 5, 2021
Digital Journal

Yes people should learn at least one other language because then they’ll be able to communicate with more people and it can help them get jobs cause it attracts more of a variety of customers Print this page.

Brendaly January 5, 2021 January 5, 2021
Their eyes were watching god

Now that I’ve read over half of  “Their Eyes Were Watching God” by Zora Neal Hurston.  I appreciate this book because it gives me a deeper insight on how life was back then for an African American woman. It makes me think on how some of these women may still be facing those same struggles in this day and age.  […]

Brendaly December 31, 2020 December 31, 2020
Digital journal

I think we should care about events in other parts of the world because if they are in need of help and we have the resources in order to provide that help then we should , since if we were in that position we would also want help . Print this page.

Why and How to Make Youth Voices Your Locus of Assessment

In the early 90s my colleagues at University Heights High School and I collaborated with David Niguidula, David Allen, and others from the Coalition of Essential Schools on a digital portfolio and assessment process. Our goal was to work with each of our students to produce a collection of digital artifacts to represent their habits of heart, mind, and work […]

Paul December 23, 2020 December 24, 2020
why important to worry about other countries and other people

that it is important to worry about other countries and other people in the world because we do not know when one of us may be in a pre-dangerous situation oh needy for example people from different countries who are sick and who are in need of the vaccine of the disease of the covid 19 to be able to […]

Yeiro December 22, 2020 December 22, 2020 juarnal
Should we care about events in other parts of the world why or why not?

What about the vaccine for the Coronavirus and who gets it first? I’ve been frustrated with an almost total focus in the United States on who gets it here first. And I’ve never been sure about what happens in other countries. Are rich, western (and Russia and China… ) going to get the vaccine first? When we think about distributing […]

Paul December 22, 2020 December 22, 2020
It’s All Connected

This is an easy one for me: yes, we should care about things that happen in other parts of the world. A great example is the smoke that traveled all the way across the country from the fires in California a few months ago. California is 3000 miles away, but we had the smoke in our sky for a few […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer December 22, 2020 December 22, 2020
Digital journal

A hero is someone who saves and protects other people from danger , someone who you can look up to . Print this page.

Brendaly December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020
Journal entry

my mom is my superhero because she always there for me and my brother Print this page.

Dawry December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020
Journal entry

A hero for me is a person that is always there for me, as always my mom protects me and my brother when we need her she is always there for us, and that way my mom is my hero. Print this page.

Dewry December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020

There are no docs for this view.

Viewing 1-500 of 822 docs

Help on Youth Voices