You are viewing all docs.

Filter by: AttachmentsSearchTag

Has attachment Title Author Created Last Edited Group Tags
Character Archetypes

<Protagonist’s Name> is a dynamic character. <His/Her/Their> archetype changes over the course of the <story/book/play>. At the beginning of the <book/play>, <she/he/they> <is/are> the archetypal <pick from this list>. This can be seen on page <#>, where the author writes: <Copy a sentence, paragraph, or chunk of text from your book or play.> But by page <#>, <Name of Protagonist> has begun to transform into the archetypal <pick […]

Paul June 20, 2022 June 20, 2022
Tracking Point-of-View

<Begin with a freewrite about your book. Write non-stop about your book. What have you been thinking about your book since you read last?> The <first… second… third… final… chapters/pages/sections> of <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective> because <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on page <___>.  “<Copy a couple of lines […]

Paul June 19, 2022 June 19, 2022
Facts, Emotions, Images

Get a PDF Facts Emotions Images Print this page.

Paul June 3, 2022 June 16, 2022
Max’s Copy of World Connections

This is the book of born a crime And in this book there are many things about Trevor Noah’s life when he was a child and it is very interesting because many situations are almost the same as the one I lived in the Dominican Republic. The first section of Born A Crime by Trevor Noah might leave a reader […]

Paul May 24, 2022 June 14, 2022
Mohammed’s Copy of Plot Analysis

Recently, I read   Born a Crime , by Trevor Noah. I was sad.  I felt sad because of the way his stepdad treated his mother and him. The protagonist is Trevor Noah. . His  story is set in South Africa in the 1980s and 1990s, specifically in Soweto and Johannesburg. The significance of the South African setting is that he […]

Paul June 6, 2022 June 13, 2022
True Strength

I’m a guy with a rock who’s been around the block   But even I snap when other dudes say black girls and women are wack   Don’t they know what you go through or are they acting like they know everything about you   They say things like women are weak they should stay in the kitchen so i’ll […]

Wilson June 3, 2022 June 3, 2022
Mamadou’s Copy of World Connections

what i think about this book is how its telling us about how racism was and how hard people had it back then and how harder people of color had it also how trevor noah’s childhood was and what he had to go through as a person of color  The first section of <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong […]

Paul June 1, 2022 June 2, 2022
Angel’s Copy of World Connections

<Begin with a freewrite about your book. Write non-stop about your book. What have you been thinking about your book since you read last?> The <first… second… third… final… chapters/pages/sections/paragraphs> of <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective showing emotion> because <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on page <___>.  “<Copy a couple […]

Paul May 31, 2022 June 1, 2022
Public

The secrets to long life is be to yourself and have good people that is willing to see you achieve your goals . Print this page.

Jessenia June 1, 2022 June 1, 2022
Long life secrets

I think the secret to a long life is to just live like happy and try your best not to stress yourself out as much as kids do now a days. Personally i dont think our society does enough for out older people, other then retirement checks that they get i dont feel like they get enough of what they […]

Angel June 1, 2022 June 1, 2022
secrets to a long life

the secret of long life is exercising. people who exercise live longer on average than those who do not.our society does not do enough for older citizens.   Most older citizens are homeless and they deserve better. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE June 1, 2022 June 1, 2022
life

I think the secret to a long life is keeping staying healthy, physically and mentally. that can effect a persons life span Print this page.

Wesam June 1, 2022 June 1, 2022
What do you think are the secrets to a long life

eating healthy excercising and being happy and being active Print this page.

Mamadou June 1, 2022 June 1, 2022
Competition that I could win

I guess a VideoGames competition because I’m good at them, I can play either Airplanes fight, or shooting combat on the ground games, I good on both of them so I think that I could win in a competition of that kind. Print this page.

Maxwel May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
Competition

yes the competition l can win is me write about a football game. My skill and talents is me playing basket l don’t have a small talents . The competition exiting now is a 18 years old boy shooting a school. Print this page.

Seedorf May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
which competition do you think you could win?

competition i think i would win is a roblox game called project xl im a high lvl there and i dont think anybody could beat me in it unless their a admin but players no im the best it has around 80K players Print this page.

Mamadou May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
competition

the competition i can win is 100 meters. i have pace, long legs and a speedster.   the competition is track and field. the competition is currently available. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
Competition

A competition i think i can win is loudest music system. I am into the loud music in cars an i feel like my system is pretty good for my own will. A place i can go to show off my “ability” is in something we call a “teteo” its where people who are into the same thing (loud music) […]

Angel May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
Competition

The competition that I love the most is Spelling Bee. Since I was 11, I have loved this type of competition. The best part is that I’m good doing it in English, Spanish and Portuguese. Print this page.

Carolina May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
competition

I would say something that has to do with like finding out something for example some type of detective competition Print this page.

Wesam May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
Speech on social media.

I feel like we can have a little freedom on social media, even the chance to speak of what I want but never say a bad thing from a person to another because that is bullying and shouldn’t be allowed. Print this page.

Maxwel May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
public

I’m guessing where not in a freedom of speech why because whatever or whoever wants to post something on social needs to approved or need to be checked out or be careful what you are about to post on social media or else people come after you right away from something free to the world Print this page.

Jessenia May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
Free speech on social media

Certain stuff should be moderated on social media, but personally i think that everyone should be about to speak their mind when it comes to posting stuff on social media as long as it doesnt give out any type of cyber bullying. Social media is a place where everyone talks about what they are going through or just funny memes […]

Angel May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
Speech social

Yes l do but not any false news or something they should always tells us want going on around us because it no everyone that watch the news because some people have work so they will not get time to watch news  so social media is good but the problem l have is some people lie they don’t tell us […]

Seedorf May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
free speech on social media

People should not have the right  to say anything because someone can say something to a cop that seems threatening and get away with it, only if a person can say anything they want, so I don’t think people have the right to say anything in mind Print this page.

Wesam May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
Speech on Social Media

I think speeches that show hate towards someone or a group, shouldn’t be allowed on social media. Everyone should be free to post whatever they want  but society has to be mindful when is about hate and violence Print this page.

Carolina May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
how much should speech be moderated on social media

i believe not because if speech isnt moderated theres people who says rude disgusting things online and show things like the buffalo shooting the guy who shot people and streamed it on twitch Print this page.

Mamadou May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
Great Storytelling by Trevor Noah

Recently, I read  Born A Crime, by Trevor Noah.  I appreciated how it made me as a reader so invested in the book. This storytelling was really great, and listening to the audio of Trevor himself reading the book made it better because of the fact that he experienced it and wrote a book about it. It makes you feel […]

Wesam May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022
Park Play

Yes l do because it really fun with you family outside and enjoy the weather so l do play with my family at the park every summer Print this page.

Seedorf May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022
what role do parks play in your life? do you often spend time with family or friends in parks? do you have a favorite one in your neighborhood

parks play a big role in my life because i always be in parks playing basketball and as a little kid i was always outside playing in parks and my favorite one in my neighborhood is claremont park and i spend time with friends in the parks i go to playing ball Print this page.

Mamadou May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022
parks play

parks do not play any role in my life. because i like to go to the gym instead of parks.i sometimes take my kid sis to the mad. i get mad when she asks me to take her. because she knows that i don’t like to go there.  i don’t have any favorite parks. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022
Parks

Parks don’t really play a role in my life anymore because i have kind of out grew that, back when i was younger i use to love being in parks everyday i do spend time sometimes with friends at the park for a little bit, and i dont really have a favorite park to be honest i use to like […]

Angel May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022
Substitute Teachers

I always spend my time at the park with friends because when me and my family go out we go to other places and not a park. Print this page.

Wesam May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022
Favorite local bussiness 5/24

My favorite local  business is Crepes , whenever im sad i just like going there to get something sweet to better my day . They sell waffle sticks which is my go to , with any chocolate or topping you want on top. Love it in the summer with some ice cream and also im starting to love the actual […]

Cristy May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
whats your favorite local buisness? whats great about it? how does it compare with chain stores that have locations in many place?

my favorite local business is the deli store around the corner store from me whats great about it is the way they cook their sandwiches and the way that it compare with chain stores that have locations in many place is the way their cooking is and the people there Print this page.

Mamadou May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
local store

my favorite local business is a deli store on Burnside Ave. One thing that makes that store great is that they have  the soft drinks that I like. their burgers taste like sugar. i like sugar. i don’t buy from other stores so i cannot compare. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
Public

A restaurant that i like is one in lower Manhattan its a mexican club where its very known for the cray shots and food and HOOKAHHHHH hehe . Print this page.

Jessenia May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
Favorite Local Businesses

To me it is the restaurant called “La Casa Del Mofongo”  it’s located in 207th Street, Inwood, Manhattan. It’s a restaurant with a lot of Dominican food, and from some other countries too. It is fire 5 stars. ***** Print this page.

Maxwel May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
Favorite local business

My favorite local business that i can think of from the top of my head is the chinese spot on 181, What i like about this spot is the wings that they make reaches my taste i just like the way they cook mainly the wings though. I cant really compare one fast food spot to another because every spot […]

Angel May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
local business

the deli next to where i live, usually when I’m hungry and I want something I would order food from the deli close to me. Print this page.

Wesam May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022
Plot Analysis

Recently, I read  <Title of Book or Play>, by <Name of Author>.  I <relished/detested/appreciated… think of an adjective that fits your feelings> this <book/play>. <Say why you feel this way in two or three sentences.>. The protagonist is <Protagonist’s Name>. <His/Her/Their> story is set in <tell the historical time period and geographic region>, specifically <list the precise local locations>. The significance of the <geographical location> setting is that <tell why it matters that the story happens […]

Paul May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
Jesseniaś Copy of World Connections

The <first… second… third… final… chapters/pages/sections/paragraphs> of <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective showing emotion> because <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on page <___>.  “<Copy a couple of lines or a paragraph from the book.>” This is <adjective> because… <Explain why in 1 or 2 more sentences.> So far, the <plot / characters / […]

Paul May 16, 2022 May 23, 2022
Public

A book that i will write about is my life why because there is a lot of things to be said no matter how messed my book comes and including my spelling . Print this page.

Jessenia May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
Book

If I have the possibility of writing a book, I’d do a self-biography because my life it is from a story book, the things that happened to me in the past are awesome in a whole lots of ways and could make a lot of money with it. Print this page.

Maxwel May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
Book

If i were to write a book i would write one about music systems in cars. Me personally ive always loved loud music, im very good at connecting everything together and the wiring that goes with it. Everybody that has been around me i have mad them fall in love with loud music and hard hitting bass. And also i […]

Angel May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
what would you write a book about.

if i get the chance to write a  book, i will write about the adventure of making money. the reason why i will write about this is that i love money. i always love to learn how to make money. i always read the biography of some billionaires around the world. to me money is every thing. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
Character Traits and Relationships

<Name of Main Character>, the protagonist in <Title of Book, Play, or Story>, has a few traits that influence <her/his/their> relationships with others. One, <she/he/they> <is/are> <choose one trait from list>. Two, <she/he/they> <is/are> <choose another trait from list>.  Three, <she/he/they> is <choose a third trait from list>. These traits influence <her/his/their> relationships with others. We can see it in this passage from the <book/play/story>: “<Insert quotation marks and copy a […]

Paul May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
what would you write a book about

i would write a book about sports or anime Print this page.

Mamadou May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
your book

I would write a fiction story about technology, I really like sci-fi movies I always search for that genre, and its just fun how the human race have advanced so far in life and robots slowly try to take over a humans mind Print this page.

Wesam May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
Writing a book

I would write a book about my life because I have been through a lot of situations and i was able to overcome them. I would use my life story to inspire people to keep moving and to not hear negative stuff from other people that try to stop you. Print this page.

Carolina May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022
Public

Lets say my good sense of direction is okay why because depending on how people ask me for direction now if they are rude theres no answer from  me which means i will say i dont know . Print this page.

Jessenia May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
Sense Of Directions

I have a very good sense of direction but sometimes I need my phone, like when I have to go to some specific place. Print this page.

Maxwel May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
Trevor is restless, eager, and wrong!

Trevor Noah, the protagonist in Born A Crime, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others. One, he is restless. Two, he is eager.  Three, he is wrong These traits influence his relationships with others. We can see it in this passage from the book: “Tonight we’re having chicken livers.”“No, I’m gonna have McDonald’s.”“Tonight we’re having dog bones.” “I think I’m gonna go with McDonald’s again.”“Tonight we’re having chicken feet.” Restlessness comes into […]

Wesam May 17, 2022 May 19, 2022
Directions

I use my phone for directions. Print this page.

Carolina May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
Driection

For me l don’t have to use my map everyday if l go to this place today and you tell me l should go they tomorrow l will be able to go because when ever l am driving l watch the road and l make sure l don’t make mistakes the next time. Print this page.

Seedorf May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
how good is your sense of direction? do you use your own internal compass to get from place to place? Or do you depend on a smartphone map

i depend on a smartphone map because its more accurate and easier plus efficicient to use Print this page.

Mamadou May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
sense of direction

usually when I go to a place i have never been there I always use google maps on my phone to get from point A to point B, it is much easier than looking at the maps that are on the bus stop polls because it tells you what to take and where to walk Print this page.

Wesam May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
Could victims stories help to return power to the people in Buffalo?

Last night on TTT, Christina Cantrill, Joel Malley, and I started to talk about how each of us avoids a lot of the media  about the shooter and the tragedy that happened in Buffalo this weekend. And I wondered if youth protect themselves the same way, and how they might resist or resent our attempts to make space for conversations […]

Paul May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022
Public

The existential threat of the climate crisis taken a toll on my mental health well is 50/50 it affects me because theres animal out theere that need the ice like polar bears they have no cold or food to feed themselfs Print this page.

Jessenia May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
climate change

i am stressed about climate change. if i hear what some world leaders say about climate change. Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro has dismantled several government divisions dedicated to climate change. statement like this put our climate in danger because he is the leader in control of the amazon rain forest.The Amazon rain forest plays an important part in regulating the world’s […]

MohammedPULSE May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
Climate Change

I think that if we don’t stop damaging our environment we will  have catastrophes all around the world like Climate changes and environmental disasters. Print this page.

Maxwel May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
Optimistic

i feel like we should be more optimistic about efforts to climate change. it has not taken a toll of my life but i know it has for others. i have a more hopeful view of earths future. Print this page.

Angel May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
Climate Change

l am stress about it because they are alot of things going around now and it really stress like now new things l have not see before l will not tell everything because that the only thing l known now Print this page.

Seedorf May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
Should we be more optimistic about efforts to combat climate change? has the existential threat of the climate crisis taken a toll on your mental health? Or do you have a more hopeful view of the earth’s future?

yes we should be more optimistic about our efforts to combat climate change because its just getting worse and were destroying it ourselves and pretty soon we wont have enough rescources for everyone since were overpopulating Print this page.

Mamadou May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
climate change

it is not taking a role on my mental health because it does not seem like we are doing anything about so it will happen anyways, it is like knowing the outcome of a sport game yet being nervous about it, at this rate it will happen if we don’t do anything about it, so enjoy your life while you […]

Wesam May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022
Profile Image

I chose the image of myself sharing a story with a younger student because my love to share discoveries with others. The image of the tree I chose, I loved the movie What Dreams May Come, with Robin Williams, and this reminded me of this as well as we are not an island alone in today’s world. Print this page.

Harry Brake May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my profile pic because I like unedited and candid photos. It reflects what I’d look like if we were working together in an online environment. It’s casual and makes me seem approachable. I chose the waterfall as my image for my cover photo because I love nature. I love the changing of the seasons and […]

Brandy Yates May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
Upward Bound at Delaware Tech 05.17.2020 Workshop 2

One thing you did today that makes you feel good about yourself as an educator Questions, concerns, stress-points with integrating Youth Voices, NowComment, and Kumospace this summer Becoming students for 30 minutes. Let’s walk through the three activity rooms of Profile Set-up Why?  The set of activities in the Profile Set-up (which could be done in the first three days) […]

Paul May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
Mohammed’s Copy of World Connections

The book was awesome. i learn a lot from it. even though i am African but never knew some culture south Africans. how most South Africans go to church every day.  their religious beliefs are strong like other African countries.    The first sections of Born a Crime by Trevor Noah might leave a reader feeling interested  because  south Africa […]

Paul May 9, 2022 May 17, 2022
Seed’s Copy of World Connections

The book is very nice and why l like the book is it helps us known what good and bad to do in life and how some parents really care about they are children The first section of Born of a crime  by Trevor Noah might leave a reader feeling afraid because the way person where talking about him and […]

Paul May 10, 2022 May 17, 2022
Violence in America

Violence in America is a concern that is affecting many citizens. Gun laws are very loose in some states which make it easy for people with the intention of harming someone else. I think that these laws should be enforce in all the states so then the violence could decrease. Print this page.

Carolina May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
Violence

The violence in america is crazy why  because no matter where you go theirs people dying or going threw a shooting in school or outside of school for example the bomb in the train in Brooklyn  in the N train that´s an example in how no matter where you go people get hurt and yes im concerned about everything . […]

Jessenia May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
concerned about violence in america.

i am concerned about violence in america.i think that laws to control guns are not aggressive. this has made it easy for everyone to buy gun even if the person is not mentally sound. moreover illegal sales of guns are rampant in every community. all this has led to an increase of gun violence. i think that one best way […]

MohammedPULSE May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
Are you concerned about violence in America? what do you think is contributing to what experts say is a sharp increase in shootings and other assaults? what do you think could be done?

yes im concerned about  violence in america because the bombs in the trains like in brooklyn and mass shootings what i think could be done is make guns illegal Print this page.

Mamadou May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
violence in america

I think violence is a serious problem in america, if there is anything we can do then it would be to restrict guns and not let anyone have access to them Print this page.

Wesam May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022
Community

The community on my neighborhood it’s basically made of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans, but the are  mixed with LGBTQ people and some others. Print this page.

Maxwel May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
Diverse

I will say that its 50/50 why because it all depends with who you are meaning depending who is in your circle , not alot of people that you say its your friend are your actually friend why because depending what you have they either talk to you nice or down talk where they judge for what you have right […]

Jessenia May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
Diverse

In school l see a lot of friends  speaking different langues and it very nice and they walk in groups too Print this page.

Seedorf May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
how diverse is your community? do you see people from different walks of life interacting with each other or does your town or city feel divided

i see people in my community talking to each other in school but outside its divided unless their related or knew each other from school and work Print this page.

Mamadou May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
Diversity in my community.

my community has different kinds of people from different background. we have people from different countries. i see people from different walks of life. being in school, at the mosque and work place. my town is not divided. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
Community

My community is not very diverse, my neighborhood is filled with hispanics so there are times they interact with each other but for the most part a lot of people just mind their business and go by their day, i do feel like we are all divided. Print this page.

Angel May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
Community

My community is very diverse, I see many people from different countries and cultures talking to each other without any problem or judgement. Print this page.

Carolina May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
diversity

where I leave is pretty diverse because there is many people that are from different races and backgrounds, yet everyone is equal and that is how it should be Print this page.

Wesam May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
Art

“The broken column” by Frida Kahlo is the most memorable art that I have ever seen. The painting shows the suffering that Frida had to deal with. Print this page.

Carolina May 9, 2022 May 9, 2022
what are the most memorable works of visual art ever

i saw the frida kahalo painting and it was amazing because of how realistic it looked and the angle and how she was drawn Print this page.

Mamadou May 9, 2022 May 9, 2022
Memorable

The best art l have even see is a old man sitting with his grandchildren.l saw this art in class it was a project work and a friend did that work l really love it     Print this page.

Seedorf May 9, 2022 May 9, 2022
visual art

the best art i have seen is how people use spray paint and use a couple of colors to make amazing looking things like mountains, rivers etc Print this page.

Wesam May 9, 2022 May 9, 2022
forgiveness

i feel that everyone deserves forgiveness. because we all make mistakes. i solve problems by trying to forget  the issues. move away from the problem. i have never refused not to forgive someone. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
Forgiveness

Honestly speaking i dont know if i can forgive or maybe i can forgive but not forget . Im that type of person to not forgive why because once you do they keep do it again and again until you explode and teach them a lesson . Print this page.

Jessenia May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
how do you feel about forgiveness? is it an effective way to solve or move past problems? have you ever refused to forgive someone

i feel like forgiveness isnt an effective way to solve or most a problem for me they have to feel remorse for what they did in certain situtations like cheating but like school situations an apology is good enough Print this page.

Mamadou May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
Forgiveness

Forgiveness is when you for give someone for what he did wrong that how l understand forgiveness, No it not a effective way to solve or more your past problem l think when it pasts you have to keep it in the past you don’t have to talk about it anymore.   Print this page.

Seedorf May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
How do you feel about forgiveness?

I feel like it is something that we have to learn and practice, and put it on practice. Some people hurt us, sometimes unintentionally  and we know it, but we don’t think clearly about that and we just stay mad with that person instead of forgiving them. So, from my POV I think that we have to apply that more […]

Maxwel May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
Forgiveness

I feel like you can forgive certain people but not everybody, Depending on the problem forgiving somebody can solve something for sure, I have refused to forgive somebody before because like i said you cant always forgive somebody because you never know if they will do it again. Print this page.

Angel May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
forgiveness

forgiveness is something where some people are good at it and some people can’t do it, I think it depends on the situation, like if it isn’t a really huge problem then forgiveness can’t do, I don’t think i have ever refused to forgive someone Print this page.

Wesam May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
Questioning and Speculating

<Begin with a freewrite about your book or play. Write non-stop about your book or play. What have you been thinking about your book or play since you read last?> The <first… second… third… final… chapters/pages/sections/paragraphs> of <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective> because <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on […]

Paul May 5, 2022 May 5, 2022
Black Woman Are Power

When we talk about the power of women, Let’s add ful to it, Woman have been through thick and thin, Just to regain their birth right.   Still have they never let up or let go, Being a woman is hard even in the 20th century, But the women in 1848, They are the definition of power, powerful.   Black […]

Ahmir May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
Something Special

When l do something in school and teacher tell me l did well l will be so happy and can even go out to the mall or somewhere l can enjoy myself .What l do to lift my spirit is sing to sing gospel songs and go to church sometime l go to  the park to watch soccer do a […]

Seedorf May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
How often do you treat yourself to something special? what do you do to lift your own spirits or show yourself some love? 5/4/2022

not often like i go to eat out sometimes and what i do to lift my own spirits is play basketball and any sport Print this page.

Mamadou May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
Something Special

I try my best to treat myself with something special as much as i can because growing up i didnt really have the option to get what i wanted the reason being because i never really was the person to ask for stuff i wanted to get on my own. What i do to life my spirits or show myself […]

Angel May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
Treat yourself 5/4

Sometimes i feel down and try to find ways to make myself feel better by taking trips or going out to eat something i like . I dont usually just treat myself because lately its been a lot going on but actually i been traveling which in my opinion is the best way of living life. When i go on […]

Cristy May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
Self treatment

I show myself love when i get something that I have been wanting or craving. Sometimes I go out and have fun or go to a party after a long week of work/school. Print this page.

Carolina May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
Public

I treat myself every now and then like i love spoiling myself with my good clothing and shoes . Of course you can never go wrong with your good sneakers and food Print this page.

Jessenia May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
Treating yourself

If there is one thing I do to treat myself then it would be food, and something I do to lift my spirit is workout to clear my mind off things Print this page.

Wesam May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
World Connections

Paul May 4, 2022 May 4, 2022
The unspoken women.

“Yall suffered from the things everyone have to go through ” like we just projected like a mic “what makes you different “ we shout loud like a lion we become who we are for our future self. black women stands together. we don’t take NO as an answer “WHAT IS THAT!” we are larders “ONE,TWO,ONE,TWO” we are trendsetters ”girl […]

Samyah May 2, 2022 May 3, 2022
How important is Mindfulness to daily life?

To deal with some difficulties that come my way in life.   Print this page.

Maxwel May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
Public

Honest i really i thank god for another day in the mornings why because you never know what can happen or not even that you cant expect a bad news for example yesterday i had some of my friends and family member posting a guy and that guy turn to be a guy that was trying to talk to me […]

Jessenia May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
Cool stuff 4/28

Usually in facebook i always see fascinating information . I always see news about goverment secrets , the space or historical events that prove the hidden mysteries. I like to see things like those and keep them in mind, if i believe it i do a little more research on it , if i dont believe ? it was good […]

Cristy May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
Mindfulness

Sometime when l get mad l go sit at the park and watch soccer so l will feel calm because when l don’t leave l can do something stupid. When we talk about meditation l wake up early and start praying with my family because we are strong christian and we also believe in God sometimes l can do to […]

Seedorf May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
Mindfulness 5/3/2022

I believe my life is the way it is now because i dont meditate enough sometimes i let the over thinking get over my head which sometimes leads to too much stress and wrong thoughts . I believe i need to be more positive in other things to progress with good energy and not just pretend but actually find consistence […]

Cristy May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
Mindfulness

When I’m having a rough time, I tend to ask God for patience and clarity to deal with situations. Print this page.

Carolina May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
Mindfulness

I think mindfulness is almost as important as anything because having peace in your mind is just so important. Personally i dont meditate because i have a lot of stuff going on in my life it does be a little hard to do so. What i do too feel calm is listen too music, i feel like music and driving […]

Angel May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
How Important is mindfulness to your daily life? Do you practice meditation every day? What else do you do to feel calm and grounded?

no i do not i just try to control myself and to feel calm and grounded i play sports or hop on my ps5 Print this page.

Mamadou May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
mindfulness

mindfulness is important to my daily life because it helps me get through my days without having as much conflict as possible. I don’t meditate but I like to sit alone to collect myself and come up with an idea on how to solve what I am going through Print this page.

Wesam May 3, 2022 May 3, 2022
A Better World

Let’s have a world that doesn’t judge us On our race or color. Let’s have a better world where equality is for everyone and no one should be left out of the rest of society based on the way they look or their ancestors’ history.  Let’s have a better world where we can create long-desired fantasies of a happier world, […]

Jaylen May 2, 2022 May 2, 2022
Comparing the Zulu and Xhosa Conflict in “Born a Crime” to the Russia’s War against Ukrainians

This book talks about a kid who was Born A Crime, he was born a crime because a black man is not allowed to have sexual interactions with another European women and vice versa with a black women and a European man. This book speaks about how the kid grew up through everyday struggle like going to three different church’s […]

Wesam April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
Public

I go find cool , strange or fascinating information on the internet google and research books . Print this page.

Jessenia April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
Information Maxwel

I go to a website called SpaceX which is basically the official website of the space rocket company called SpaceX [Because I like that kind of thing, rocket launches and satellite delivery missions like Starlink that put them in orbit around the earth.] and it’s very interesting ( At least for me). Print this page.

Maxwel April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
Where do you go to find cool,strange or fascinating information on the internet?

i go on google to find cool strange and fascinating information on the internet like youtube or crime stories Print this page.

Mamadou April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
cool stuff

usually when i want to search something up that i am intrested in i go to google or youtube because they usually have everything that you’ll want to know. Print this page.

Angel April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
cool stuff

I usually go on safari and get an understanding of what I want to know then I search more into the topic Print this page.

Wesam April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
Chat on TTT 04.27.2022

Sam Reed U School · Nearby · 9:32 PM Fortran, Cobol, LOL…. Chris Sloan · Nearby · 9:33 PM Fortran, Cobol… Ah, the memories Sam Reed U School · Nearby · 9:34 PM I love this… paul_w_hankins It’s Sunday: I’ll create TWO morning pages. In this one, I come back to the idea that if we want our students to be a part of process, we, the teachers, cannot be apart from […]

Paul April 28, 2022 April 28, 2022
Public

A small kindnesses is people asking me how am i , or any small details without me asking . I like how people that dont know me appreciate me and honestly without me knowing people appreciate mu kindnesses. Print this page.

Jessenia April 27, 2022 April 27, 2022
what small kindnesses do you appreciate? what minor, gracious things do others do for you that makes you happy?

some of the small things people do for me that i appreciate are that someone gave me his metro card, show me directions to my house and gave me  my favorite book to read. the book name is goal. giving someone money when the person is deeply in need of money to do something special is one of the gracious […]

MohammedPULSE April 27, 2022 April 27, 2022
What small kindnesses do you appreciate? what minor,gracious things do others do for you that makes u happy you that make you happy

small kindnesses i appreciate is things such as holding doors elevators for me or letting me pass through more kind things other do for me is buy me food when i dont got enough and dont expect me to owe them back Print this page.

Mamadou April 27, 2022 April 27, 2022
What smalls kindnesses do you appreciate?

When people at least remember my name correctly 😂 Not everybody take time to learn how to say your name some people go like “imma call you whatever close to it” so I appreciate that. Print this page.

Maxwel April 27, 2022 April 27, 2022
Small Kindness

There’s one bodega around my house, they make good sandwiches and the guy that prepares them, usually make me a dish from DR that i like. I really appreciate that because it takes me back home. Print this page.

Carolina April 27, 2022 April 27, 2022
kindnesses

I appreciate when someone says a good morning, I say this because saying it in a nice tone can make your morning better Print this page.

Wesam April 27, 2022 April 27, 2022
what would you like to ask your 40-year old self? what do you want to know about the future? 4/6/2022

i would like to ask my 40 year old self. why you are successful? i would like to know what ways to be successful. how to make money. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE April 26, 2022 April 26, 2022
What would you like to ask your 40-year old self why?

i would like to ask my 40 year old self how his experience was in life and what problems to avoid and what happens why i would like to know is because it would contribute me today and make me a better person and more aware of future events and what to do overall it would be beneficial to me […]

Mamadou April 26, 2022 April 26, 2022
Future me

I would like to ask if the career that i’m thinking about now is the one that i started and if i made the right decision to not regret it.   Print this page.

Carolina April 26, 2022 April 26, 2022
40 Year Old Self

I would like to ask my 40 year old self what I’m doing with my life, career-wise, and how my family is, too. I want to know how everything is in the future and how everything works, whos in my life and whos not, even the gas prices because the gas prices now a days are outrages Print this page.

Angel April 26, 2022 April 26, 2022
what would you ask your 40 year old self

I would ask my 40 year old self what career did i choose, And I’m i happy with life, I would ask my 40 year old self that because i think happiness is a very important thing throughout a person’s life Print this page.

Wesam April 26, 2022 April 26, 2022
Family Resemblance

The similarities i have with my mom is we are both responsible and respect. The traits we both share together are loving and kindness. Print this page.

MohammedPULSE April 25, 2022 April 25, 2022
Adults

I’m very similar to my father’s personality which is something that I don’t like too much because some people take advantage of that and cause harm. Sometimes I’m too friendly and generous that bad people end up using me. Something that I got from my mom is confidence, intelligence and creativity which I really like. Print this page.

Carolina April 25, 2022 April 25, 2022
How similar are you to the adults who raised you?

Well I have my mother’s character because I can react to things that require a quick, precise, and prudent decision and my father’s strong emotions, I can see painful and strong things and they don’t affect me. Print this page.

Maxwel April 25, 2022 April 25, 2022
Family resemblance

im similar to my dads because were both athletic and look alike and my mom is similar to me because were both subborn and like to argue also me and my sister are similar because we got the same eyes and face shape Print this page.

Mamadou April 25, 2022 April 25, 2022
family resemblance

I have some looks from my mom, not much from my dad but some people say I look like him, I am similar to my parents in a way where they don’t like when its really noisy and chaotic, which I think I am just like that Print this page.

Wesam April 25, 2022 April 25, 2022
Expectations

I believed what was going to happen in the future for me is maybe we might go through another war or something worse or maybe we might have a new virus that might come again since there always something up on the news saying there is a new virus spreading around. Print this page.

Cristin April 14, 2022 April 14, 2022
Copy of Tracking the Plot / Guía de comentario literario: El seguimiento de la trama

Kindred is a very interesting and striking story since strange things happen like trips to the past, we are currently finishing part 4 of the Kindred saga The fourth chapter of Kindred by Octavia E. Butler might leave a reader feeling Exited because Dana and Kevin are together  his is on line  90.  “Finally, Kevin stood back from me a […]

Paul April 11, 2022 April 13, 2022
Maxwel’s Copy of Tracking Characters

The final of Kindred Chapter #3 by Octavia E. Butler might leave a reader feeling Confused  because Because I don’t actually know if Rufus is in love with Alice or if he is just trying to be a little kind with her, An example of this is on paragraph 940.  “I was not aware of him directing Alice and Carrie to wash […]

Paul March 28, 2022 April 12, 2022
Ernaida’s Tracking of the Plot

Kindred shows the reality of the 1800’s and how someone from the 1900’s is dealing with it. Since I started reading the book, I faced a lot of cruelty that the slaves suffered in that time by their owners (white people). The fourth session of Kindred  by Octavia E. Butler might leave a reader feeling impression because Rufus forced Alice […]

Ernaida April 8, 2022 April 12, 2022
tracking the plot

The <fourth sections> of <kindred > by <Octavia E Butler> might leave a reader feeling <afraid > because <this guy was out here pointing rifles at slaves like they were targets.  An example of this is on page <126>.  “<And without warning, with no perceptible change in mood, Rufus turned slightly and trained his rifle on us.>” This is <scary […]

Yeury April 11, 2022 April 11, 2022
America Means Freedom to Me

When it comes to the concept of “America”, most people think of the right to free speech, or gun violence. While one is true, the other is not. According to “Marine Life in the Midwest”, a clip from American Creed, spoken by Tegan Griffith, “American” means freedom to express your opinion. The speaker uses her experience as a Marine, […]

Milo April 9, 2022 April 9, 2022 America, American Creed, Berkeley High School, Opinion, Tegan Griffith
Kendy’s Copy of Tracking Characters

The < third sections> of <Kindred> by <Octavia E. Butler might leave a reader feeling < Terrified > because < of how Dana travels at time to do and see what her ancestors were going throught .> An example of this is on page <13>.  <something wrong with me , what is ? What’s wrong? RUFUS .>” This is <Confused> because… <it’s confused because how can somebody that is dead can […]

Paul April 4, 2022 April 7, 2022
Christy’s Tracking the Plot of Kindred

<Begin with a freewrite about your book. Write non-stop about your book. What have you been thinking about your book since you read last?> This section of the story has a lot of turning points , while rufus father pass away and rufus takes pover we can see what we already knew . rufus loves but also benefits from dana […]

Cristy April 6, 2022 April 6, 2022
Tracking the Plot / Guía de comentario literario: El seguimiento de la trama

Paul April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
What items would you put in a time capsule for future generations to find and why?

Items I will put for the new generations is a newspaper because it would give the future finders a look at many issues and conditions that are sensitive to society and change.  Print this page.

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
What is your criteria for giving or not giving money to people asking for it on the street?

Well I wouldn’t give money to people who asked me for money on the street because those are grown people who need to get out from the street and get a job to earn money plus i don’t like giving money to them if i just earn them by working. Print this page.

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
What choice do you make about money every day and how do you make your decisions?

The choice when I come with my money is I put it someone safely make sure nobody touch it as well save it for someone i need to buy in the future or soon, how i make my decision is think and sit about it cause i need to be smart when it comes to money and do not spend […]

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
Have you ever had a make a sacrifice to help someone you care about?

Well no I never sacrifice myself even to the person who I cared because why I need to put myself in a problem where i ain’t have nothing to do with it. Also to risk my own life for them will they every thanks me for saving them or no. Print this page.

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
How well do you take criticism?

Honestly I try open the hearing criticism like I will said We love how gracefully she took the criticism and responded. Perhaps, we need more artists like her that work on spreading positivity. Print this page.

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
Do you have expectations placed on you?

Yes i have expectations placed on me like I expect to get paid by the 10th f every month.  This is a reasonable and realistic expectation because my employer and I have agreed on this condition and signed a contract. Print this page.

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
Bad Habits

I eat my nails, I know it’s not right to eat them but when I’m anxious I can’t do anything about it. Print this page.

Maxwel April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
What new things have you learned from a younger person?

One thing I learned from a younger person is starting friendships. It doesn’t matter what the other child looks like, what language he or she speaks or what skin color he or she has — as long as he or she looks friendly, he or she is a good new playmate for them. Print this page.

Cristin April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
Elders

My relationship with my grandparents is very funny because I always play jokes with them and that bring a memory back to me of my grand-grandfather, he swiped me with be his newsboy cap because I made a joke about him (He didn’t had legs). Print this page.

Maxwel April 5, 2022 April 5, 2022
Angel Guerra – Book Connections

The first section of <Kindred> by Octavia Butler might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective> because <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on page <___>.  “<Copy a couple of lines or a paragraph from the book.>” This is <adjective> because… <Add 1 or 2 sentences> So far, the <plot / characters / themes> in <Title> might remind a reader […]

Angel March 31, 2022 March 31, 2022
Tracking Characters in Kindred

This book is getting crazy. Rufus raped Alice because she didn’t want to marry him and because she was with a black slave , but the the slave , whose name was Isaac, beat Rufus because he raped Alice so then Dana goes to help Rufus and Rufus just talking about him going to kill Issac for he did to […]

Yeury March 24, 2022 March 29, 2022
Religion

My parents baptized me as a catholic. Actually I don’t have a solid relation with religions but I believe in God. I also believe that a lot of things that happened in my life were because of God. Print this page.

Carolina March 28, 2022 March 28, 2022
Does Religion Play A Role In My Life?

I’m not religious 75% but at least 50% because I don’t like to go to the church (there’s no reason for that I just don’t like it) but I believe that somewhere in the universe exist a “God”  (The only god I know and trust) The catholic and christian God, and He helped me to through some hard moments on […]

Maxwel March 28, 2022 March 28, 2022
Public

I am Catholic where i barely go to church , but my grandparents are very religious where sometimes i get in trouble for not praying or going to church . Print this page.

Jessenia March 28, 2022 March 28, 2022
what role does religion play in your life

my parents are muslim so their tryna convert me to it but i dont really like it but we pray 5 times a day and go to the masjid every 2 weeks Print this page.

Mamadou March 28, 2022 March 28, 2022
What Role Does Religion Play In Your Life?

It does not play a role in my life since I don’t really pay much attention to religion itself although I consider myself a catholic. At this point I just consider it a description with no actual meaning behind it. Print this page.

Carlos Q March 28, 2022 March 28, 2022
Religion

Religion plays a big role in my life, I’m Muslim and Muslims pray 5 times a day, also next week Ramadan starts and its a whole month Print this page.

Wesam March 28, 2022 March 28, 2022
Public

I LOVE SPENDING TIME ALONE BECAUSE THAT WHERE YOU REALIZE WHERE IN LIFE YOU MADE MISTAKES IN YOUR LIFE AND WHERE YOU NEED TO CHANGE Print this page.

Jessenia March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Inflatation 3/16

Yes everything world wide is increasing on major levels. Food when it comes to the basics like eggs , bacon, cream and coffe? My top go to ? It goes from 5-10 dollars each if you want good quality and thats not guaranteed lately .. Thats 20-30 dollars on 4 items that will last 3 days the most . For […]

Cristy March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Friendship 3/15

Growing up i cared so much about being accepted or fit in with friends and it was hard because i never found myself with people my age, they were always older than me so the friendship was always weird . Nowadays i dont care about friends or fitting . I like to keep my circle small so if there is […]

Cristy March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Spending Time Alone

I like to spend time by myself because it is good for myself to concentrate on myself, i loved to watch Netflix time for myself is necessary it don’t matter how much time you can spend that important is to have time for you. Print this page.

Kendy March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
time solo

i love spending time alone its more peaceful as long as i have my game system ill be good to be alone . i spend time alone every time and its fun for me Print this page.

Yeury March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Do you like spending time alone?

Obviously Yes I love spending time alone cause I love being alone I don’t hate being around people that ain’t my things,just me or my dog but much time that I spend time alone is a all day depended on my mood honestly. Print this page.

Cristin March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Do you like spending your time alone?

Yes I do like spending time alone, and that’s a 100% percent the best time of my life when I’m in my bedroom hearing music, and taking out all the feelings that I have inside by singing it’s the best thing in my life. Print this page.

Maxwel March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Do you like spending time alone

yes i like spending time alone because it lets me think about my decisions and be aware of things i never been aware to Print this page.

Mamadou March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
solitude

I like spending time alone because it helps me relax and I can be more focused on whatever I’m doing Print this page.

Wesam March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
elders

I have a great relationship with my grandparents, both of my grandmothers from my dad and mom side took care of me for 2 months when i was still a baby Print this page.

Wesam March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Tracking Characters

The travels get worst and worst .. Dana went back in time , this time rufus is a grown man and acts like his father more day by day . Kevin is gone and as we all know communication for slaves was almost possible because most couldn’t read and write and the was that didn’t ?? wasn’t allowed to express […]

Cristy March 24, 2022 March 24, 2022
Expectations

I want to have more friends. I want to get a good job in my life . Going to college is a big jump in the life of anyone who decides to enroll and not everyone who attends has the same expectations Socially, I hope to meet new people. I’m looking forward to learning about other people and their backgrounds […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Sacrifice

To be honesty I wouldn’t sacrifice my life for anyone because will they ever thanks me for saving them especially I don’t wants to be death for someone they have did or done that not my problem at all, I wants to know if they will every mentioned me as a hero for them just sacrifice my life for them. […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Young People

The way young people shape trends  through social media is through the use of hash tags to draw public attention to certain issues.social media on youth can also be significantly detrimental to mental health. … Furthermore, overuse of the apps exposes teens to cyber bullying, body image issues, and tech addiction, and results in less time spent doing healthy, real-world activities. […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Money Moves

The Decision I make my own money is just Create a Spending Plan & Budget. Pay Off Debt and Stay Out of Debt. Prepare for the Future – Set Savings Goals. Start Saving Early – But It’s Never Too Late to Start. Do Your Homework Before Making Major Financial Decisions or Purchases. Print this page.

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Giving money on the street

Honestly I don’t give money to any homeless because one I know half of them buy drugs , plus I ain’t giving my money I just earn also some of these homeless needs to get up and find a job to earned money instead siting there asking for money,Unless if was a mother who has a young children’s I will […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Time Caspule

Stuff I puts in my box for 2022 is mask , iPhone, A video from me saying hi to the future, my favorites items like clothes, blanket, so when we are the year of 2040 and we un-buried it my kids will see all the things they never see before plus so they can see stuff from the old days […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Tracking Characters

<Begin with a freewrite about your book or play. Write non-stop about your book or play. What have you been thinking about your book or play since you read last?> The <first… second… third… final… chapters/pages/sections> of <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective> because <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on […]

Paul March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Friendship

Friendships can be a stronger painkiller than morphine and fulfilling relationships increase your pain tolerance, but is not always good to have a big circus because every single friends will leave the circus and that circus will become more smaller and now you have one friend who always have never left your side though, is good to have friends but […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Conflict 2/14

I honestly have a nasty attitude and i can admit that but i don’t like starting drama or problems because i believe life is already too complicated . Instead i avoid stuff but to a small limit because i believe that if i dont ever attack you or tease you in any way , there’s no reason why you should […]

Cristy March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Elders 3/23

Growing up my mother always been such a lovely daughter to my grandma when it comes to making sure she has everything she needs and healthy but kinda of distance as well. Sometimes we get so overwhelmed we our own problems that we forget to really be there for our elders . Lately i been tryna better my relationship with […]

Cristy March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Elders

my relationship with my grandparents is really good and with my elders when i think of it one memory that comes to mind is when we was all on the roof just talking outside at night Print this page.

Mamadou March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
What is the coolest thing you have seen in nature?

Yes rainbow, aquariums, light like aurora, borealis or northern light especially when I was traveling or hiking with my family, Waterfall. 27 Charcos in Dominican republic , National Park. The 3 Eyes National Park , Santo Domingo Mountain. Pico Isabel de Torres , Puerto Plata Omg is so beautiful is like flanked by a giant statue of Christ the Redeemer–one […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Nature 3/22

One thing that amazes me about nature is the bioluminescent beaches, nature is all about magical things. Plants, rivers, oceans and many creatures with great talents we know nothing about. In Puerto Rico around the best beaches with the most crystal clear water there’s theses beaches that light up at night . its like dropping thousands of blue lights in […]

Cristy March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Grandparents

I’m only close with my grandma from my mom’s side. Since I went to DR for the first time when I was 3 months old, I have a good relationship with her. Even when I grew up, she still consented to me as a baby, I love that. She’s basically one of my life mentors. Print this page.

Carolina March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
relationship with grandparents

i have a uncle in DR that loves me a lot every time i go to he always give me everything i need. ever since young he was always good to me everything i asked for he give it to me. Print this page.

Yeury March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
What is your relationship with your grandparents and elders?

Well my relationship with my grandparent mostly my grandma my mother mom she and I is like a roller coaster cause there is some point where she says something and I just hate it cause all that come out her mouth is negative, she always said I just wants the best for you like no she doesn’t everything I do […]

Cristin March 23, 2022 March 23, 2022
Body image 3/21

Social media can be used as a motivation for some but also as a distraction from reality to others . We so used to growing up and seeing people all over the world any age after 16year old which is very young as a female with all kind of plastic surgeries to better their image . This is affected a […]

Cristy March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022
Nature

The metamorphosis process is very beautiful for me. When I see the caterpillar changing to a butterfly really impress me, is like magic for me. Print this page.

Carolina March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022
Nature

One cool thing that i have seen in nature is a Dolphin jumping in the water like 5 am in the morning that was very cute. Print this page.

Kendy March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022
Nature Journal

I saw once a waterfall and it was beautiful it was in a forest in DR that was the first time I saw one. Print this page.

Maxwel March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022
what is the coolest thing you have seen in nature

the coolest thing i seen in nature was the animals drinking off the water while the sun was shining on it it was a great view to me Print this page.

Mamadou March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022
nature

somethings ive seen nature is two dogs stuck together back to back that was the most funny thing ive seen. another thing is some insects that come out in the summer and glow every 30 seconds. Print this page.

Yeury March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022

I would say mountains because I have been on a lot of them Print this page.

Wesam March 22, 2022 March 22, 2022
Tech tools . 2/8

My phone and my computer are my favorite techs tools i used them for everything and feel so lost without them . After covid-19 its like everything its online so if i wanna make appointments, shopping , looking for jobs or o any kind of work its with my computer . My phone is my communication to the outside world […]

Cristy March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
Does Social Media Affect Your Body Image?

Some random girl told by DM me that I was fat and shit, personalty I don’t give a damn what people say, but, the thing is that I don’t know her and she just started the conversation with “HoLa AmIgUiTo, mira tu estas muy gordo” y siguio hablando mierda como que a ella le pedieron opinion. Print this page.

Maxwel March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
does social media affect your body image

the messages i have received indirectly from social media about how my body should look is perfect like the perfect skin color body face and plastic surgery Print this page.

Mamadou March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
Social Media Effect

A perfect body with curve and nice air nail. Print this page.

Kendy March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022

It doesn’t affect my body necessarily, but it does affect other young girls in social media because they feel like they need to look like others. For example getting their body done at a young age and making changes. Print this page.

Keily March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
Body Image

Social media mostly sends direct and indirect messages showing how a body should look like affecting young girls and women. Some girls photoshop their pictures and even expose themselves to eating disorders which put their life at risk. Print this page.

Carolina March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
Does social media affect your body image?

Yes social media can then hurt your body image by constantly exposing yourself, as well increased risk for depression anxiety loneliness self-harm and even suicidal thoughts, social media may promote negative experiences. Honestly when I was little I always looks up at those ”role model” wish I have these body or looks but then I was like these aren’t real […]

Cristin March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
what message have you received from social media about how you should look

I have not received a message about how i should look. I think its bad for teens, because it makes them think they should be better and/or they aren’t meeting the body standards Print this page.

Wesam March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
body image

social media affect people body because some of these girls see that these women rap and have they body done and they want to do it like them. and guys be trying to go to the gym to impress girls on instagram. Print this page.

Yeury March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
Does Social Media affect your body image? What messages, direct or indirect, have you received from social media about how your body should look?

I feel like the only way for social media to affect your body image is if you let it control you. I have gotten indirect messages about how I should change and my only response to that is a simple fuck you and have a nice day! >_> Print this page.

Carlos Q March 21, 2022 March 21, 2022
Blind spot Podcast/ Rebuilding wall street Article Quotes

Resistant “one night, I even found myself mapping out an escape plan—in my head—in the event of a fire or an attack. Of course, it pales in comparison to what the survivors have had to live through.” “And just because something bad happens to you, doesn’t mean that you’re going to be traumatized, right? Trauma has a stuckness component to […]

Lisvez March 19, 2022 March 19, 2022
The Black Street Music Playlist – Ahmir Robertson

Healing All For Us  – Labrinth   “Black Wall Street fought back with the help of Black attorneys B.C. Franklin, Isaac Spears and P.A. Chappelle, along with Mather Eakes, a White attorney from Alabama. Judge W.B. Williams ruled that the ordinance was illegal, giving Black residents in Tulsa a path to rebuild.” This Quote is talking about how tulsa residents […]

Ahmir March 17, 2022 March 18, 2022
Liberation Quote

Sentence, Phrase, Word:  “A White Tulsan reached for a Black Tulsan’s gun, and started a struggle. The shot that resulted might have been an accident, but the hundreds that followed it over the next 24 hours were not”. (Black Wall Street Graphic Novel Line 43)   Reflection:  This quote represents the mayhem that broke loose by accident Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sus5k3MAuBA Print […]

Jaylen March 18, 2022 March 18, 2022
trahison d’amour

By: ariyanna smith ARI GET DOWN HERE NOW…one moment . NOW!! Fine. Ari do me a favor me and your dad has to work please take care of the house and for the love of god please make sure sam doesn’t destroy the place while you’re at it. sam’s 14 he can watch himself. Why do I have to stay […]

Ariyanna March 18, 2022 March 18, 2022
This i believe Video

Print this page.

Martin March 17, 2022 March 17, 2022
The Black Street Music Playlist

Resistance Songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH2dyClXTxI , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZzlCP7oAw    Liberation Songs: Michael Jackson – They Don’t Care About Us (Brazil Version) (Official Video) , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y77Rj61M084    Healing Songs:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gqu8ZTEM1k, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EnRK5YvBwU  Print this page.

Zahir March 17, 2022 March 17, 2022
Public

an example can be is the gas prices like oh lord why are they high for like damm , i can get my nails every week . Print this page.

Jessenia March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
How have you noticed inflation?

To be honest i haven’t notice anything that has gone up or down. I don’t usually do the shopping in my house, but do see my dad complain about how much he spend. Print this page.

Keily March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
Inflation

The prices are going up, I buy Italian Bread it used to be $2.00 now with this war thing it went up to $4.00 Print this page.

Maxwel March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
Inflation

When I used to live in DR, the price of a whole chicken was 200 pesos, the most expensive being 300 (2021). Now in 2022, the price is almost 400 pesos. Print this page.

Carolina March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
How have you noticed inflation?

Yes I noticed many inflation that I see so far that has change like every time I buy a sandwiches or a drinks these price are going higher and I am like bruh this killing us with these prices but i have no chose but just buy it but i don’t know why they have to makes the price much […]

Cristin March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
inflations

sneakers are going up like crazy every time i go to buy new sneakers they always a price higher than it was before Print this page.

Yeury March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
Inflation

When i go to buy food and everything is more expensive than before is not just food also clothes, furniture, and EVERYTHING. Print this page.

Kendy March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
how have you noticed inflation

I’ve noticed gas prices go up the past couple of weeks Print this page.

Wesam March 16, 2022 March 16, 2022
Friendship

when i feel that one of my friendships is changing  in a bad way, i try to see why that’s happening. I feel very sad when this happens. To avoid these types of situations, i try to improve the communication between me and my friend, so then if something is wrong, we will be able to solve the problem and […]

Carolina March 15, 2022 March 15, 2022
Journal

A friend of mine met my cousin and she decide to stop talking my because she said that my cousin didn’t want to, when they broke up my cousin told me that she said that I was the one that told him to stop talking me. Print this page.

Maxwel March 15, 2022 March 15, 2022
fake friends

i had friends that i used to be with everyday from a long time but now i don’t have any friends because i work and go to school and now my friends think that i’m moving funny because i don’t chill with them anymore. i don’t really care because i don’t really need friends because friends now a days are […]

Yeury March 15, 2022 March 15, 2022
Friendships

Yes i have a friendship that have change, just because i was my cousin and she saw me with my cousin and she get jealous about how i treat my cousin. So i decide to left that friendship. Print this page.

Kendy March 15, 2022 March 15, 2022
how do you react when you friendship change

i would talk about it to understand why it came to this point Print this page.

Wesam March 15, 2022 March 15, 2022
public

Something unexpected was when i was checking out a customer at my store and when my customer decided to bless a little girl with a pack of lipstickes and she left happy . Print this page.

Jessenia March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Journal Question

When i was in the bus with my son and there were not seat and some body stand up and give me a seat with my son, i was so grateful with this person because i was tired. Print this page.

Kendy March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
When have you given received or been witness to an unexpected art of kindnes,large,small.

When have you given received or been witness to an unexpected art of kindness,large,small. Yes there was a time when a lady was having trouble getting off the bus, she couldn’t get off it and everyone else was just staring at her like rude ass people so me as a kind nice person i went up to her and help […]

Cristin March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
When have you given, received or been witness to an unexpected act of kindnes, large or small. What do you think the motivation was behind the act.

I have received a act of kindness when the pandemic started i wasn’t going to anything for my birthday because everything was closed , my best friends and close friends threw me a surprise. It was small group but we had fun and of course we took precaution. Print this page.

Keily March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Act of Kindness

When I see acts of kindness, I feel great because that shows there are good people in  the world. It also motivates me to help people. Print this page.

Carolina March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Journal

Yes, in the cafeteria my friend Ernaida buy me popcorn because I didn’t had change to buy it (I didn’t expect her do that) Print this page.

Maxwel March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
given and received

yesterday i was home and my brother walked in the house with 2 boxes of footlocker sneaker and he gave me one of the sneakers and i did not expect that. i think he gave me the sneakers because i been behaving good. Print this page.

Yeury March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Grake

Drugs are what control parts of the world. Whether you’re good, bad, or in between you can always get hooked on the idea of doing drugs. “ LET ME TELL YOU MY STORY “  -zara  Hi 🙂  I’m Zara Williams. I’m a pothead. I love pot and I love smoking weed. Smoking weed has gotten me through a lot when […]

Niazia March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Susurrus

A young teenage high school boy moved to New York with his Aunt Hehet after His home was raided by burglars. Not knowing how to adjust, Gyasi soon realizes that He needs a job because New York is a very expensive place to live. Gyasi calls his Aunt for a Temporary stay until he can get back up on […]

Chester March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Don’t Fall Victim To The Streets

Hi, My name is Trayvon Shaw and this is my story… Tray his mom yells from downstairs, get ready for school right now! Trayvon hates going to school; he feels like it’s a waste of time. He gets up, gets in the shower and gets dressed, tray likes getting dressed when it comes to fashion. Nobody can’t tell him anything, […]

Nasir March 14, 2022 March 14, 2022
Bad habits 3/9/22

My main bad habit is my schedule, my schedule has mess me up in life for a long time now. I been trying to fix myself because Im grown and that just irresponsible after certain age. This started becoming a problem when it comes to my reputation, I’m being affected on the daily basic by my own bad habit in […]

Cristy March 12, 2022 March 12, 2022
Rude public behavior 3/2/2022

The worst public behaviors in NYC are found in the trains stations and trains itself and it makes me fear the trains and feel so disgusted. People come on the train harassing for money or your number , nowadays its near impossible being on a train without worrying about what can happen to you . Some homeless people also be […]

Cristy March 12, 2022 March 12, 2022
Money choices 3/1/22

I give myself a limit on the daily basic on how much i spend , specially now that im not working.  i write down what i need and how much i will be spending, depending on my budged or upcoming paycheck. when I’m low on money i find ways to make up for the money im spending. Sometimes it gets […]

Cristy March 12, 2022 March 12, 2022
Whos your heroe ? 2/28/2022

My heroes are my parents , i can see the sacrifices they make on the daily basic not only to help themselves but also to help others. in my point of view that what real heroes do while inpiring others to be heroes as well . They try their best to provide help for those around in many different ways […]

Cristy March 12, 2022 March 12, 2022
Agree/Disagree Response

Dear <First Name of Poster>: I am <adjective showing emotion> <by, about, with> your <poem/post/image/letter…>, “<Exact Title>,” because… <add 2 or 3 sentences> One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “<Quote from the message.>” I think this is <adjective> because… <add 1 or 2 sentences> Another sentence that I <past tense verb> was: “<Copy a sentence or line from the post.>” This stood out for me because… […]

Paul June 4, 2021 March 11, 2022
Sacrifices for other ? 2/17/2022

I feel like on the daily basics i make sacrifices to help myself but also the people i care for. Sometimes even by helping yourself you making a sacrifice to help others for example i became independent to help my mother because with all the issues she has i cant be adding on my biggest sacrifice . Also i have […]

Cristy March 11, 2022 March 11, 2022
How well do you take criticism ? 2/16/2022

To be honest the criticism is not about what’s being said its about who says it, if its somebody who i believe has the experience and good intentions which their words than i will definitely listen quiet and take the advice or critics . I like to stay quiet when im wrong because i know myself  and attitude . I […]

Cristy March 11, 2022 March 11, 2022
Your expectations 2/15/2022

i have expectations on myself due to things people like my parents or close family members didn’t accomplish, i honestly wanna finish school because i cant tell you many people in my family before my generation that graduated high school . Not my parents or my grandparents so i have to get myself in a better patch to break the […]

Cristy March 11, 2022 March 11, 2022
Everything Will Come in the Light

Everything Will Come In The Light   By: Raiyyan Sylla               They were all sitting around the table, in disbelief of what they had done. None of them could believe that they had actually gone through with it. It had all just started as a joke, a fun idea, but then it got real.    It’s the first day of school […]

Raiyyan March 11, 2022 March 11, 2022
Learning from a younger person 2/10/2022

I don’t really surround myself from people i could really learn from or maybe i just dont focus enough to actually finish learning. I have this friend shes younger than me by 1y  but she cooks way  better than me. I think i watch her cook for me so eventually i will learn but i dont really put my mind […]

Cristy March 10, 2022 March 10, 2022
Bravery 2/9/2022

Yes sometimes i have to do things to survive that takes a lot of bravery and i love it because it makes me overcome fears and makes me feel better about myself. Circumstances that can get me in a position where my reputation can be mess up not with people around me but with family or legal . Theres other […]

Cristy March 10, 2022 March 10, 2022
Journal (2/10)

I learned how to play WZ (WARzOnE)  I ask him to teach me because i wanted to get better playing that, if I need to know something else I could ask him again. Print this page.

Maxwel March 10, 2022 March 10, 2022
What tech tools are you finding most fun? (2/8)

Apple watch is mad fun, cause I can cheat with it on the exams and can answer phone calls without THE CELLPHONE! That’s amazing and fun.   Print this page.

Maxwel March 10, 2022 March 10, 2022
Over coming fears 2/7/2022

My main fear is failure so that means everything fears me depending on the risks cause there’s always a chance of failure . i have bad anxiety so when i’m facing situations that can go wrong i get nervous and my heart start beating so fast. I try to give myself confidence repeating in my head that everything’s gonna be […]

Cristy March 10, 2022 March 10, 2022
Hometown 2/3/2022

I personally love everything about my hometown because its a mixture of USA , Puerto Rican, Chinese and Dominican food. You find the best of all kinds of food in my country . If you a sushi lover like i am, believe its my favorite meal when i go home i will send you to TARZAN. Tarzan is located around […]

Cristy March 10, 2022 March 10, 2022
This I Believe Essay

Hello, I am Rae Morgan. This is my “This I Believe Essay” I wrote in my 10th grade English/AVID class. Enjoy! Print this page.

Rae March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022 EVMCHS, rae morgan, this i believe, TIB
Journal

Biting my nails, I alwayz bite my nailz and a lot of people tell me “That nasty” or “That disgusting” and I want to stop but I do it unconsciously Print this page.

Maxwel March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
bad habits

a bad habits that i have is going to sleep late, using the ps5 to much Print this page.

Dewry March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
Bad habit

One bad habit I’m trying to stop is waking up one hour before my alarm, its a bad habit because i cant go back to sleep Print this page.

Wesam March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
What bad habit (s) are you trying to stop?

Getting a little sleep is my bad habit cause well I don’t sleep often and I am always on the damn phone especially I have school the next day which I only have 3 hours of sleep to get before my alarm start. Print this page.

Cristin March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
bad habits

One bad habit that i have is falling asleep while watching movies i always do that i need to stop doing that because i can never finish movies and am really want to watch the movie. Print this page.

Dawry March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
Bad habit

A bad habit that am trying to stop is, chewing loudly. Print this page.

Kendy March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
bad habits

one bad that i need to stop is playing ps4 late because i go to sleep late and it make me wake up late for school and ill be late. another that i need to stop is eating my nails because it makes my nails look ugly Print this page.

Yeury March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
items

one thing i have when i was little is a photo, clothes. Print this page.

Dewry March 8, 2022 March 9, 2022
Jessica’s Copy of Tracking the Themes

When I edit this does it come to the list? <Begin with a freewrite about your book. Write non-stop about your book. What have you been thinking about your book since you read last?> <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective>. <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on […]

Paul March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
Copy of Tracking the Themes / Seguimiento de los Temas

<Begin with a freewrite about your book. Write non-stop about your book. What have you been thinking about your book since you read last?> <Title> by <Author’s First and Last Name> might leave a reader feeling <strong adjective>. <Explain what it is in the text that might bring that response.> An example of this is on page <___>.  “<Copy a couple of lines or a paragraph from […]

Paul March 9, 2022 March 9, 2022
What items would you put in a time capsule for future generations to find, and why?

I would put memories that important to me like pictures , i keep my son’s first clothes, i keep an album of my son’s photo and my old jewelry. Print this page.

Keily March 8, 2022 March 8, 2022
Time capsule

I would probably write about how the pandemic changed peoples lives Print this page.

Wesam March 8, 2022 March 8, 2022
Time Capsule.

I will put one of my favorite outfits, an actual picture of myself,  my favorite meal recipe, a letter to myself. Print this page.

Carolina March 8, 2022 March 8, 2022
time capsule

i would put autograph, favorite actor , artwork , old pictures Print this page.

Yeury March 8, 2022 March 8, 2022
items

i keep a folder of pictures of me when i was little so in the future i can show my kids one day and they can see how life was back in my day. Print this page.

Dawry March 8, 2022 March 8, 2022
criteria for giving money

When i see somebody asking for money in the street, i don’t give him money i ask if he want food because they going use the not to buy food is to buy drugs. Print this page.

Dewry March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
Giving money on the street .

My budget its 1-3 dollars depending on who it its , its this homeless man i call dancing joe and i always try to give him money when i see him . I dont like people that be smelling ode bad so i just walk away from those most of the time because they tend to be real disrespectful specially […]

Cristy March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
Money

When I see someone asking for money in the streets, I just give to them when something in me says to give to that person, means that person really need it and is going to use it for good things. Print this page.

Carolina March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
giving or not giving

when ever i see people on the street asking for money i Don’t give them money because they not going to use that money to buy food they going to use it to buy drugs. Print this page.

Dawry March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
Journal

I honestly don’t give a damn about what they do with the money, but, if they come and ask me respectfully i will give me the money (If I can). Print this page.

Maxwel March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
What is your criteria for giving, or not giving, money to people asking for it on the street? How do your make your decision, ans what factors come into play when you decide?

I don’t usually give money to people unless they ask it’s for food. A lot of people that ask for money is for drugs or other things. Sometimes i like people that gives shows or show their talent on the trains i give them money. Print this page.

Keily March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
giving money in the street

i don’t give money to nobody in the street. but if i know its food i will give it to them nut sometimes when there’s people selling candy on the train i just buy the candy just to help them. Print this page.

Yeury March 3, 2022 March 3, 2022
what you hate

i really hate when people scream or a speak low for no reason Print this page.

Alis March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
What kind of rude public behavior upset you?

I hate when people been looking at you for no reason , also people being disrespect to people at their job so on Monday there was a time where a old lady telling the bus driver something and he response nicely and then when I was about to get off the next stop but there were a another bus in […]

Cristin March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
What kind of rude public behavior upset you? When are you most likely to observe it?

I hate when people assume you don’t speak certain languages then continue to talk about you in those languages that they assume you don’t know. Print this page.

Carlos Q March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
Rule public behavior

I hate when somebody is carried a baby and nobody given then seat. Print this page.

Kendy March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
public behavior upset

I hate when people listen to music in train and they don’t have headphone because i don’t like listening to the music they are playing out loud. Print this page.

Dewry March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
public behavior

i hate when people on the streets stared staring at me and my brother and then ask me if am a twin like they are not seeing it in front of their eyes. Print this page.

Dawry March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
Journal

I hate when people sing out loud in public Print this page.

Maxwel March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
Public Behavior.

I don’t like when students disrespect the teachers for no reason and keep yelling at them. I see that situation a lot in this school. Print this page.

Carolina March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
what kind of rude public behavior upset you ? When are you most likely to observe it ?

When i hear peoples life problems like nobody needs to know because you never know who is hearing in the streets . I hate when people try to fake talk to me and be my friend . Print this page.

Jessenia March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
rude public behavior

one public behavior that upset me when the bus totally empty and someone come sit right next to me i also hate when people come on the bus with they loud speakers , i hate when people try to talk to me Print this page.

Yeury March 2, 2022 March 2, 2022
What choices do you make about money everyday and how do you make your decisions ?

The decisions i stay making on money is I spend it on my sneakers which lead no good but i love sneakers but i do pay all my bills first and then spoil myself on whatever i have . Print this page.

Jessenia March 1, 2022 March 1, 2022
How i spend money

The choices i make about money everyday and how i make my decisions is i spend my money on food and drinks such as dunking donuts and mcdonalds and how i make my decisions is how i feel like if im hungry or not and the trade offs i would make is for a ps5 i would not spend it […]

Mamadou March 1, 2022 March 1, 2022
money decisions

i don’t really make money choices i just pay taxi and also sometimes i have to bring food from my job for my mom to make it. when i get paid from my job i look at what i got paid and then think about how i’m going to put some money in my saving and how i’m going to […]

Yeury March 1, 2022 March 1, 2022
What choices do you make about money every day, and how do you make your decisions?

I spend my money on my son and myself, but if i have something left i safe it. I spend my money wisely because i don’t work and i have someone that depends on me. I don’t often buy what i want just what i need and i think i make good choices on how i spend my money. Print […]

Keily March 1, 2022 March 1, 2022
What tech tools are you finding most fun and useful right now, whether you access them for school, for work or for entertainment? What apps are your current favorites? Why?

Cristy March 1, 2022 March 1, 2022
Journal

My heroes are called Monkey Black, Shelow Shaq, Black Jonas Point, Secreto and some others. They give a little part of who i am now. Print this page.

Maxwel February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
heroes/ inspire

The hero that i look up to is my mom because she always pushing me to keep working hard and not lose focus on my self and she always tell me that she want me to build a dream for my self and Thats why my mom is mu hero and i love her to death and she always there […]

Dawry February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
who are your heroes

My number one hero is my mom because she give me everything i have in life she support everything that i like do. my other hero is Lebron james because he is the reason that i love basketball. lebron james is my favorite player in the nba because he inspire other to follow there dream. Print this page.

Dewry February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
My hero

My hero is my mother because she is a very strong women and she can deal with any situation and she is always strong she always motivate me ton be like her a strong women and hard worker.   My other hero is Michelle Obama because she is very respectful and admirable women, I look up to her because i […]

Kendy February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
Who are your heroes? Why do you look up to them? How do they inspire you?

My heroes are my family. They are my heroes and look up to them because they push me to be better and not be in the same position as them. They inspire me because i see the struggle to make me a better person, that pushes me to continue school to give them a better life. Print this page.

Keily February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
Who are your heroes? Why do you look up to them? how do they inspire you?

My hero’s that I look up to is one of my favorite artist SELENA and my father these two inspire me mostly because Selena is a young success smart talent independent she taught for her 23 years of life and saying stay in school don’t do drugs and being as a young Latina artist her learning Spanish, as well never […]

Cristin February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
Heroes

My mom is my hero, she is my motivation to keep moving forward. She sacrifice a lot of things to give all that i needed and make happy. My friend Yahaira inspires me too, she is an independent woman that goes to college and has 2 jobs, she helps me giving me advices. She inspires me so much, showing that […]

Carolina February 28, 2022 February 28, 2022
past and present

Black Wall Street, former namebyname of the Greenwood neighborhoodneighbourhood in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where in the early 20th century African Americans had created a self-sufficient prosperous business district. The violent incident, however, took a heavy financial toll on African Americans. Many homes and businesses were destroyed. And not only that At the turn of the 20th century, the Greenwood District of […]

Keyyannee February 22, 2022 February 22, 2022
The Black Street Responce

Brad Girson, Executive Director  Atlantic Ventures The Atlantic   ATTN: Hayley Romer 60 Madison Avenue 6th Floor: The Atlantic New York, NY 10010   Dear Brad Girson (Editor/Executive Director) I’m writing to you about The Massacre of Black Wall Street: Graphic Novel. I am a student at the U School and we have been learning about the history of Black […]

Omilleo February 22, 2022 February 22, 2022
The letter to Tulsa Way Finder

I’m writing to you about The Massacre of Black Wall Street: Graphic Novel. I am a student at the U School and we have been learning about the history of Black Wall Street. While reading the graphic novel I learned many more things about Black Wall Street such as the location of Greenwood, A bit about the founder and The […]

Lisvez February 18, 2022 February 18, 2022
Black Wall Street Letter

Dear Brad Girson   I’m writing to you about The Massacre of Black Wall Street: Graphic Novel. I am a student at the U School and we have been learning about the history of Black Wall Street. African Americans worked mainly as servants in Tulsa, where they developed their own insular society with its own economy. And they were a […]

Zahir February 17, 2022 February 17, 2022
Letter to the Tulsa Wayfinder Community

Dear Brad Girson (Editor/Executive Director)            I’m writing to you about The Massacre of Black Wall Street: Graphic Novel. I am a student at the U School and we have been learning about the history of Black Wall Street. Reading the graphic novel gave me another perspective to see black wall street from. I learned more about […]

Ahmir February 17, 2022 February 17, 2022
How well you take criticism?

Bad even when I know it’s true, because sometimes comes from a person that just lives to criticize and that doesn’t fell like it is because that person cares about me. Yes I can give good constructive critic. Print this page.

Maxwel February 16, 2022 February 16, 2022
expectation

when i was little my father use to tell me to get a job and get money for i could help my mom around the house, because when he was little he started working when he was like 13 years old he started to work as a barber and he still doing that, and that’s why people need to learn […]

Dewry February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
Expectations

My mom always had expectations for me, she always said that I was her hope to move forward. When I turned 17, I made the decision of becoming independent and start in a new place. When that decision happened, my mom was really happy because she always expected me as an independent and smart girl. Print this page.

Carolina February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
expectations

My mother always says when I was your age, i was already independent and working and giving money to my mother survive. I fallow the same steps because i have my own apartment and am working to pay my bills and fallow my dreams and do everything that i want it to do. Print this page.

Kendy February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
expectation

When I was little, my dad told me to study so that it depended on me. when he was young he was working with his dad my father told me and taught me that he worked from a very young age in a family business that was a shoe store he worked with his father for years until my grandfather […]

Alis February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
expectations

when i was young my dad use to tell me when you grow up you need to become a barber like me because is a barber so he want me to become the same but I dont want to become a barber because I dont like that and being a barber is hard because you need to work everyday and […]

Dawry February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
Do you have expectations placed on you because of what your parent, or other person have achieved in their own lives?

When i was younger my father used to tell me “When i was your age i used to date all the girls on my block, you have to do it too” And well you know i responded that being good guy as you can see. 😅 Print this page.

Maxwel February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
expectation

my expectation to me from my mom is to work and go to school because she always told that at my age she used go to school and work at the same time. Print this page.

Yeury February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
Do you have expectations placed on you because of what your parents, siblings or extended family members have achieved in their own lives? If so, how have you responded to those expectations?

I had expectations placed on me and i am still reminded by my parents of how I didn’t achieve them. However, I could care less about them. just cause they did something a certain way doesn’t mean I will do the same. I am doing me the way I want to. I have no obligations to follow in someone else’s […]

Carlos Q February 15, 2022 February 15, 2022
Reaction

If someone comes to me in a aggressive way, I’ll respond with a question asking the reason of that behavior to me and if that person keeps being aggressive, I’ll ask for help to deal with the situation. Print this page.

Carolina February 14, 2022 February 14, 2022
When someone verbally taunts or teases you or even bumps or pushes you are you likely to respond kind escalating the conflict?

At first I will let it go but the second time I wouldn’t cause I give that person many warming about this so I will use humor to defuse the situation because I am a person who wouldn’t let someone be rude to me cause I am that evil and I will do it back at them I don’t care, […]

Cristin February 14, 2022 February 14, 2022
bullying me

it depends how i feel in the moment and if i dont know the person ill probably try to talk to it out to see why is that person doing that to me or why they wan to do that if not then i just respond rough. Print this page.

Yeury February 14, 2022 February 14, 2022
When someone verbally taunts or teases you, or even bumps you or pushes you, are you likely to respond in kind, escalating the conflict? Would you seek the help of others, like teachers, or parents or friends? What kind of help would you look for — advice, mediation, intervention or support?

Honestly the 1st offense, i’d let it slide, the 2nd time im swinging simple as that. No other explanation needed if I had enough patience to let the 1st slide you best get moving. Print this page.

Carlos Q February 14, 2022 February 14, 2022
Dying From My Past

Here I was in Chicago, Illinois. As I pass the big green bushes, I sense the mystery here in Chicago. Passing the pillow-soft clouds above as we arrive in front of a big red house. My family and I moved from Oakland, California to Chicago, Illinois because my parents were offered real estate agent jobs. I am a 16-year-old girl […]

Raniyah February 8, 2022 February 12, 2022 #TheUschool #depression #standupforyourself #overcomeyourfears #fearless
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Sweat drips from my skin. Like heavy rain. I’m on a case trying to solve a strange train coming and leaving. For some odd reason people don’t return? I carry my ticket. Gold like a feather. Soft like a pillow.  Felt like I was holding money. The train was yellow.  It was a first class train.  Some parts of the […]

Aaron February 7, 2022 February 11, 2022
Journal – 02/10/2022

My little brother taught me about about game consoles like Nintendo Switch and Wii U. I never knew how to use it and he is an expert. I was really impressed that being 12 he knew how to use the consoles and how to pass each level of Mario Bros games. Print this page.

Carolina February 10, 2022 February 10, 2022

No I haven’t learned anything from a younger person at all I am being real I always learned new things from a person my age or someone older than me, but if a younger person did teach me new things I will be shocked because I have never seen a kid younger than me knowing so much from this age […]

Cristin February 10, 2022 February 10, 2022
Have you ever been in a situation that required bravery? What were the circumstances? Did you take actions?

I don’t think that I have ever been in a situation. Mainly because I can be cold when it comes to any news that can affect me. I’ve been like this since I was a kid, always had a serious personality as well as cold. I guess it could be seen a defense mechanism for me. Print this page.

Carlos Q February 9, 2022 February 9, 2022
Bravery

When I decide to come to the US by my own, I had to leave a lot of things behind, including my family. Coming to a new country alone being 17 was hard at the beginning but I kept my mind focused to reach my goals. For me it was a act of bravery facing the situation of being alone […]

Carolina February 9, 2022 February 9, 2022
Don’t Fall Victim To The Streets

My name is Trayvon Shaw and here’s my story. I moved to North Philadelphia with my mom and was homeschooled for the majority of the time. Basketball is something I wanted to play since the age of 10. I never once liked doing something so much until I picked up my first basketball and saw what I […]

Nasir February 9, 2022 February 9, 2022

If I had to choose an app I find most useful and/or fun , would be discord mainly because I create bots for certain games allowing certain advantages (cheats) that I can later sell access to, in my own servers. This is an app I can pretty much use on a daily basis wherever I am if its on my […]

Carlos Q February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
what tech tools are you finding most fun and useful right now?

i use netflix because they got documentary and series that can be useful to you they be teaching you about history and other stuff. Print this page.

Pedrito February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
my favorite app to use

My favorite app to use is Whatsapp because thats the only way i call my dad and the other app i use is instagram because i like to post photo of me and my family. Print this page.

Dewry February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
tech tools

one tech tool that i use and find very helpful is google chrome because i can search anything i want up and it will come up. i use a lot of apps on my phone but favorite app to use is call of duty because that game keeps me entertain and is very fun to play Print this page.

Yeury February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
tools and tech

the App that i use the most is Capcut because i edit videos for Tiktok and Youtube there and the app is so fun to use because I am really trying to make a career out of it. In that app i can edit my 2k gameplays and post them on tiktok and youtube.  Print this page.

Dawry February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
My favorite app.

The app I use mostly is WhatsApp, I use it to reach to my friends from Brazil and Dominican Republic and also to my parents. My favorite app right now is YouTube Music, I been using it every time to listen my favorites playlist, which helps me a lot with my mood. Print this page.

Carolina February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
What tech tools are you finding most fun and useful right now?

The most app I use so far is instagram because is most popular to use and is interesting of course like watching people video’s picutre’s comments and talking to them so that why I enjoy using this app the most then other apps so far. Print this page.

Cristin February 8, 2022 February 8, 2022
Eli’s Regret

Eli wakes up at the crack of dawn on Monday morning in the middle of Fall. Eli hates waking up for school in the morning because he’s always tired. He gets out his bed and heads upstairs to the bathroom to start his morning by washing his face and brushing his teeth. He gets dressed and heads out the door […]

Jayden February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Into The Unknown

It’s currently 4 AM. Today will be the last day of school before the summer break. Before you ask, no. It’s not the last day’s excitement that stole me away from my slumber. I sit up on my bed, peering out of the window. A crescent moon stares back at me. I think of last night’s dream and get a […]

Khayliyah February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
The Love Triangle

It’s currently 12PM in New York City. I am at the Community Center at Stuyvesant High School, and right now it’s lunch time. I am sitting alone at my usual lunch table when all of a sudden, my friend Noah comes over and sits next to me.  “ Hey kiddo,” he said, stealing a fry off my plate.   “ Hey […]

Ny'Aira February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
The game

After Nate’s mom died his whole world changed, he began to distance himself from his siblings (he was never really close with his stepdad and he doesn’t know his real dad). His mom died in a car accident when they were on their way home from Nate’s basketball game. Nate witnessed the whole thing and feels guilty because he felt […]

Niyonna February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Willow Grove

I don’t normally wake up this early. I guess I just felt a little bit more motivated. I decided I wanted to go on a run before I went to school. I got dressed and walked out the door. I was only about four minutes into my run until this odd feeling waved over me. I didn’t feel scared, but […]

Jahnya February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
The Kingdom That Rose From Blood

It all started at the beginning of summer. The sun gently kissed the skin of everyone and the breeze was light yet refreshing. The Prince had been on a business trip to Mystaria, a Kingdom foreign to him. Somehow he ended up at a show and he saw a beautiful woman dancing on the stage. Her dazzling dance seemed to […]

Sianni February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
How do you overcome your fears? What do you do to get yourself through an experience you are afraid of?

The way I overcome my fears is literally going up to them. It’s a challenge to go for what you afraid of but it helps you. It helps you not be afraid but also unlock other fears and it makes you feel you good about yourself. Print this page.

Keily February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022

I personally confront my fears depending on what that fear is. On a everyday basis there’s always a new fear that I have to fight. I tend to overthink the possibilities to get over the fear I am having which later leads to even more fears and its a whole issue wrapped around my head. However I still manage to […]

Carlos Q February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
keep calm and love basketball

You forgot  to indent. I pulled up to the school and the parking lot was full so i just told my brother to drop me off at  the door and he could leave.  Sin tells me to break a leg. He  isn’t the best driver but he get me  from point a to point b so ion Complaint. I walk […]

Kylah February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
How do you overcome your fear ?

I overcome my fear by facing the fear and challenging myself to think positive . If you don’t overcome your fear you will always be a fear of thing that you plan on complete your goals in life . Print this page.

Jessenia February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
overcome my fears

Overcome my fears is talking to people i don’t know because i don’t know how to start a conversation with then and afraid to say something bad and they take it on a wrong way. Print this page.

Dewry February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
fears

A fear that i have is not looking at the people faces while we having a conversation because i feel weird looking at there faces and what i need to do to overcome that is really try to not do that because i dont know if the person that am talking in the moment going to get mad. Print this […]

Dawry February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
How do you overcome your fears?

How can I overcome your fears is take time out. It’s impossible to think clearly when you’re flooded with fear or anxiety. Breathe through panic, Face your fears, Imagine the worst, Look at the evidence, Visualise a happy place,Talk about it. Print this page.

Cristin February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
how do you overcome your fears?

well you overcome yours fears by face it and not been scared of what is it,face it by doing what you are scared of my only fear is the ocean because i was drowing in the beach when i was little . Print this page.

Pedrito February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
How do you overcome your fears?

I mostly try to run away from things that scare me like big butterflies or spiders, I still don’t know how to overcome it completely but when I have to face the situation, I put in my head that I’m bigger than that and I feel a little better. Print this page.

Carolina February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
How do you overcome your fears? What do you to get yourself through an experience you’re afraid of?

My biggest fear are the snakes but doesn’t mean that i run away from them, i hit them when i feel out of their attack range u know so they can not bite me 🤣 Print this page.

Maxwel February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
fears

no lie when i meet my fears i just try to avoid it because i don’t want to face my fear and when im scared of something i don’t even look its way Print this page.

Yeury February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Deep In The Trenches.

Well welcome to my lil world, I would say you’ll love it here but people seem to think I’m the devil’s daughter, lol they only say that because I don’t take no bullshit. Anyway I’m Kayla SB Jones. The SB is my two middle names. I like them, I just don’t like saying them out loud. I have 6 siblings, […]

Kaena February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
A Friendship To Never Forget

The moment everything changed was on Halloween night in the early 2000s. Things took an unexpected turn. But before I tell you what happened let me introduce myself. My name is Sherry Walker, I am 16. I come from a dry town where nothing ever happens. Dairy Lane is truly a miserable place to be. I live in a plain […]

Orneisha February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
The Unpredictable

This story is about an 18 year old girl named Ciani. Ciani is a very adventurous person , and she loves to swim, which is a coincidence because Ciani lives in Virginia, In a beach house on the beach, where it’s always hot. She lives with her stepmother Natalie , and her younger brother Jay. Her dad , Ray, is […]

Shaniya February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
His’s Story

I go into Eli’s room to find anything behind his suicide I just want to know why, why did he leave me. I look under his bed and see a box with paper and a cassette tape with a handwritten label saying “I’m sorry”. I grabbed my cassette player and started listening. *The recording starts* My name is Eli. I […]

Lisvez February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Life of Savannah

One day I woke up and didn’t know what was in store for the day ahead of me. Never knew that October 12, 2011 is when my life would change forever. I started to lose myself but kept it away from everyone just to protect them and their feelings. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and start at the beginning […]

Isabel February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Apocalypse Dawning.

In a city not far from you, lies three childhood friends who had a falling out. This story began in the city of Lansing, Michigan. Carla, Benjamin, Jackson, they grew up knowing each other because they went to the same school. They went everywhere together, lunch, sleepovers, even out and about in the world.                                                          (Flashback) On this one day their […]

Ahmir February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
It Joined The Call

BEEP-BEEP!!  Mom: “Aaron Come On”  Aaron: “I’m coming” I responded while packing up my bag, I run towards the car  Mom: “how was practice”   Aaron: “it was fine” I responded. I got a text on my phone from Maya and Tony. Tony: yo Aaron what are you up to Nothing I just got back from practice:Aaron Maya: wait I thought […]

Jaylen February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
How Far Is Far

How Far Is Far   By: Jupree Wade “MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE” my captain says as he kicks down a door to a little house in the middle of a little neighborhood it feels like everyone in the neighborhood is watching us right now raiding this house and I just tense up a bit knowing that someone is recording and […]

Jupree February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Open Door

I wake up tired and beat from all the hard work I was doing on Friday. I’m still behind on some school work but I’ll get it done this weekend. I brush my teeth and put on some clothes to start my day. I wake up at 7:30 to see my mom off to work since we barely see each […]

Zahir February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
The Dream World

It was June 2,2025, my 17th birthday or supposed to be. When I woke up I wasn’t in my bed at home, I was somewhere else, maybe another world. But this world is more like a video game.  “It seems that you made it, finally we can get started.” She said, It was Alice, my little sister. She had blonde […]

Kevin February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
You and Me

Hi, my name is Moose. I just moved here from Philadelphia to Texas. My family by far is nowhere near rich. We lived in a small one story house but it’s just me, mother, and two brothers and I wouldn’t change it. My father left when I was five and started a whole new life (Deadbeat self) but it’s cool […]

Landan February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
Test

Test     TEST       TESTING Print this page.

Trinity Middlebrooks February 7, 2022 February 7, 2022
The Best Fish

I was born in France and I grew up over there but my father as a native from Africa brought me sometimes African foods and the best food I ever ate was a special fish called “Poisson Braiser”, It is basically roasted fish but it got something so amazing that it’s literally the best food I ever ate in my […]

Tristan February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
hometown food

The first time that my cousin came to visit me here in new York i send him to eat at Kennedy fried chicken because there food is really good and i really like there chicken and does chesses fries and the chicken sandwich. because i remember when i first came to this country that was the first fast food that […]

Dawry February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
home town

If someone went to visit me in DR i take then to eat a chimi because is the only thing that i like from DR and i want them to try with me for they can learn from the experiencing. Print this page.

Dewry February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
If someone were to visit your hometown for a day, where would you send to eat? What specific dishes would you recommend? What meals best represent your hometown’s people and culture? Why would you recommend these dishes?

I would send them to Fresco y Rapido (it’s a bar and grill) they have delicious food like Yaroas, Chimis, Tostadas and  Batidas those are some kind of delicious dominican food, but, if that person wants real food I can send him/her to El Valle they have Rice, Beans, Meat all that with EL SASON DOMINICANO. Print this page.

Maxwel February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
If someone were to visit your hometown for a day where would you send them to eat?

If someone were to visit your hometown I will send them to olive garden because italian has the best food especially the best restaurant and is nice and omg the food so wonderful, the smell and how beautiful. Print this page.

Cristin February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
If someone were to visit your hometown for a day, where would you send them to eat? What specific dishes would you recommend? What meals best represent your hometown’s people and culture? Why would you recommend these dishes?

I would send them to my local to GO , is called Luggie. I would recommend a Chimi. It’s probably the best Dominican sandwich. i would recommend this dish because it’s one of my culture dishes fast food. The Chimi is good and you can choose the meat you want on it. Evrytime i eat it, it reminds me of […]

Keily February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
journal

if someone visit my hometown for a day i would send them to the store so they can eat sandwich, the will have bacon, eggs and cheese with mayo and ketchup on a hero and a Rica orange  juice .the meal that represent my hometown is the bacon egg and cheese and also another good meal in my hometown is […]

Yeury February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
Hometown Food

I’ll send that person to my favorite fast food place, which is called Yuyi Riki. This place makes the best yaroas, with a good seasoned meat above some fries and a touch of ketchup and mayo with cheese at the top. Yaroa is very simple to make but the best yaroa that I ever had is from Yuyi Riki. Print […]

Carolina February 3, 2022 February 3, 2022
take it back

yes that happen to me one time i was trying to send my dad a private message but insted i send it to my mom by mistake and i call her a tell her that it was not for her it was for my dad. Print this page.

Dewry January 28, 2022 January 28, 2022
college

everyone should  go to college but college is not for everybody but the people that want to go to college they can go achieve a better career they can go but the people that just want to graduate from high school and get a job they can do that either way it work the same way. Print this page.

Dewry January 28, 2022 January 28, 2022
LUTE-STEM TGIF Meeting January 28, 2022

January 28, 2022, 6:00-7:00 p.m. Paul and Marina will be joined by Maritza Merino and Laura Duran who will share examples of how they made use of the tech tools that they learned about this summer.  6:00 – 6:15 Meet and Greet with Habits of Mind – Let’s each talk about one thing we did this week that makes us feel […]

Paul January 28, 2022 January 28, 2022
Directions How big a problem is bullying in your school or community? Where is it most likely to happen? What do you think adults don’t know or understand about bullying? What advice might you give a younger student on this topic?

Directions How big a problem is bullying in your school or community? Where is it most likely to happen? What do you think adults don’t know or understand about bullying? What advice might you give a younger student on this topic?Yes it is a big problem to the community and our school because every single years kids and adults too […]

Cristin January 26, 2022 January 26, 2022
Directions Write about the ways that the teachers in your school use technology, and how well you think it enhances what and how you learn. What mix of traditional teaching and teaching with emerging technologies do you think would be best for you as a learner? Why?

Directions Write about the ways that the teachers in your school use technology, and how well you think it enhances what and how you learn. What mix of traditional teaching and teaching with emerging technologies do you think would be best for you as a learner? Why? Clickers and smartphones since Smartphones can also be used to create podcasts of […]

What’s your dream job? Why do you want that job? Do you think you’re well suited for it?

What’s your dream job? Why do you want that job? Do you think you’re well suited for it? My dream job is of course being a businees women like opening my own store or colthing lines and youtube channel coming up soon. Print this page.

Directions Tell us about your role in your family. How would you describe or characterize it? How do you think that came about? What life experiences have helped to shape your relationship with your family?

Directions Tell us about your role in your family. How would you describe or characterize it? How do you think that came about? What life experiences have helped to shape your relationship with your family? Well my sister she lazy no offense she the less person who helped and cook or clean and my mom is a hard working and […]

Tell us about the ways that the teachers in your school use technology, and how well you think it enhances what and how you learn. What mix of traditional teaching and teaching with emerging technologies do you think would be the best for you as a learner? why?

Teachers in my school use technology to teach and t makes us learn better because we are just not looking to a board and listening. I think teaching with technology is the best way to learn fast because everyone likes to use computer and it helps us use less paper and pen. Print this page.

Keily January 25, 2022 January 25, 2022
take it back

one time i sent a message to a friend of mine but the message was for my brother but later i Apologized to him the message that i sent my brother had alot of bad words. Print this page.

Dawry January 20, 2022 January 20, 2022
role in your family

the role that I play in my house is to be the defender of the house when someone fights there I am defending so that the problem gets bigger and then I tell them to apologize to anyone who is angry Print this page.

Yeiro January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
Have you ever told your parents not do certain things in order to avoid embarrasing you?(have you ever done something that embarrasing your parents?

Well, the only thing that they have said that has embarrassed me would be things that I did when I was little or things that are my privacy and I have told other people those things if they have embarrassed me, and the only things that I have said to embarrass them it would be when I was little saying […]

Pedrito January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
Have you ever done something that embarrassed your parents?

Honestly i can’t remember anything i did that will embarrassed my parents especially my mom but she always tell me don’t do anything stupid when we out in public behave yourself be a lady and be normal cause my mom always taught me how to be a lady she never raised me like animal just for me to do something […]

Cristin January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
How well do you take criticism? Do you shut down when someone critiques your work, or are you generally open to hearing criticism/ Are you able to hear criticism from some people and not others? why? How good are you at offering constructive criticism to others?

I can say I don’t criticizes just because I be in my own world, but in school wise I’m open to listen and if I like or understand where they coming from I’ll even take the advice. I don’t let things affect me. Print this page.

Keily January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
Do you have expectations placed on you because of what your parents, siblings or extended family members have achieved in their own lives? If so, how you responded to those expectations?

I don’t want to say I have expectations for myself because of my family, I would simply do whatever works for me or makes me happy. It’s okay to disappoint your family because you don’t want to go to college because you want to do other things, at the end of the day it’s your life and you chose your […]

Keily January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
When someone verbally taunts or teases you, or even bumps you, are you likely to respond in kind, escalating the conflict? or would you try to let it pass, or use humor to defuse the situation? Would you seek the help of others, like teachers, parents or friends? What kind of help would you look for- advice, mediation, intervention, or support?

This is kind of hard to answer because it really depends on my mood that day. I’m mostly a calm person, and very rarely get on any kind of problem with people because I hate drama or problems. I can let it pass on som e situations but if that day its not my day I would respond back. Print […]

Keily January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
What new things have you learned from your younger person? was it a surprise to you? Did you seek the person out or was it a surprise discovery?

What I learned from a younger is how smart this new generation learn technology. It was shocking because it took me a long time to really understand technology and back then it was a little different than now. Print this page.

Keily January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
When have you failed? Did you “fail successfully’ by learning something valuable, or do you wish that you could go back and change what happened?

I have failed many times in my life, don’t to get into details but I do wish I could go back in time and make some changes. Print this page.

Keily January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
When have you faced a challenge of some kind? Consider not just physical challenges, but emotional, academic, interpersonal or artistic challenges as well. What did you do? What happened min the end?

Yes I have. Last year during the pandemic, I had trouble passing my classes because of laziness. That caused me get into a depression because I wasn’t passing my classes. Until one day I got a random motivation out of nowhere and I passed my English class in one week. It was tuff because I didn’t get proper sleep that […]

Keily January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
happiness/stability

i want to have a good career and happiness and work my way into financial stability and i should love to have both in the future. Print this page.

Dawry January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
happiness

i want to have a good career and be happy in life Print this page.

Dewry January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
family role

my relationship with my family is good because when me and my brother had a job we use to help our mom pay the rent and we use to give her money to buy groceries. Print this page.

Dawry January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
family role

my family role is good because i help my family pay the house and the internet Print this page.

Dewry January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
Bullying

bullying is bad because when you get bully you can come back from that because is hard. i can said for my self when i was younger i was bully because i was fat and everybody use to laugh at me and i use to feel bad because i was getting bully and i told my mom and she help […]

Dawry January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
bullying

bullying is the one thing that people can do because they can hurt somebody Print this page.

Dewry January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
dream job

my dream job is to work at a airport cleanning the planes and thats my dream job because i love planes. Print this page.

Dawry January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
dream job

my dream job is to have my own company Print this page.

Dewry January 18, 2022 January 18, 2022
Why Aren’t You Changing Your Actions?

Six years. That is the approximate amount of time we have as of 2021 to stop climate change according to a presentation at the World Economic Forum by Shirley Cardenas. Our Earth is warming, and humans are the cause of this tragedy. Currently not enough action is being taken to prevent further warming.  Humans are the main cause of climate […]

Emma A January 14, 2022 January 14, 2022 climate change, earth, science
Have you ever told your parents not to do certain things in order to avoid embarrassing you

yes, really, for example, picking up things from the floor that she thinks are good, also when she makes a lot of noise in the street that makes me sick Print this page.

Yeiro January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
What do you want more from a career: happiness or financial stability

I believe that happiness is more important than financial life, although you can also be happy with money and without commitment, for example, if you have two children or one, how are you going to support them? How are you going to pay the rent? Print this page.

Yeiro January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022

when i was in 3rd grade we literally had to write down our exams from the board because it barely printers in school and it was expense in Dominican republic to do the whole printing process so exams , homework and other things had be writing down .That’s a waste of time and energy , nowadays the teacher make a […]

Cristy January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
Have you found that speaking more than one languague benefits or advantages?

Yes can benefit  you because what about if you get college scholarship to another country and you don’t speak the main languague i will be difficult to that person to live on that country because he can’t speak another languague,what about if get a job they ask you if speak another because the community is bilingual or they speak a […]

Pedrito January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
should students go to college or do you think that school systems across the nation should offer more career and technical education that allows students to go right from high school to a job

I think that the students who want to go to college should let them go because it is they decision and more than that the college is not for everyone, that is, in truth, those who do not want to go to college should find a permanent job for him to do can start your life Print this page.

Yeiro January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022

I wanna be a flight attendant that’s my dream job or career . I truly believe I fit this job because i enjoy traveling, i speak 2 languages and also have the personality for it . I’m outgoing and certain things doesn’t affect me like being away from home or alone for certain amount of time . i always just […]

dream job

My dream job is to be a house and property seller and they ask why I would like to work as a seller, it is because selling houses and properties you earn a lot of money and also why I would like each family to have their own house Print this page.

Yeiro January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
How did you get your name? what if anything about your family history does it reflect?

I got my name from my dad’s close. She matched up my dad name and figure out a similar to for me. My dad’s name is kelvin and  thought Keily would be the perfect. Print this page.

Keily January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
Tell us about your role in your family. how would you describe or characterize it? how do you think that came about ? what life experiences have helped to shape your relationship with your family?

My role in the family is really not important , I’m the quiet one in any family event. I’m not close to my family because of how my dad describe me in front of everyone. That has made me step back and just chill. Print this page.

Keily January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
Have you ever told your parents not to do certain things in order to avoid embarrassing you? if so, what? have you ever done something that embarrassed your parents? if so, what?

Yes, i remember telling my dad to speak on me failing school or not finished yet because i had my son. he told everyone he saw or spoke to. I’m the type of person that like to keep things private but that really made me feel horrible and a failure. Now till this day he peaks on it and make […]

Keily January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
What do you want more from a career: happiness or financial stability? why? do you worry that you can’t have both?

In my opinion I think that’s something you can balance. You can be financially stable and try to make some time and take your time to find happiness. Print this page.

Keily January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
What’s your dream job? why do you want that job? Do you think you’re well suited for it?

My dream job is to be dentist. I want this job because I want to be able to help people’s smile and make them feel good. I sure I am well suited for this job,  just feel it suits me well. Print this page.

Keily January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
How big a problem is bullying in your school or community? Where is it most likely to happen? what do you think adults don’t know or understand about bullying? what advice might you give a younger student on this topic?

Honestly I must admit that in my school or community bullying its never seen, which is a great thing. I say this because a few years back bullying was a big problem in society. something I would tell a young student is to speak up to a teacher or someone for help, because it can lead to bigger problems and […]

Keily January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
What career or technical classes do you wish your school offered? would you be interested in getting hands-on career training while still in the middle or high school? why?

Medical field. I wish they classes how to save lives or something that involves the medical field. Print this page.

Keily January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
Do you think everyone should go to college, or do you think that school systems across the nation should offer more career and technical education that allows students to go right from high school to a job? why?

I think  school systems across the nation should offer more career and technical education that allows students to go right from high school to a job because a job can help them pay for college or any technical education they take, it also helps students not to be in debt. Print this page.

Keily January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
How much slang do you use in general? How much of the latest slang do you tend to adopt? why? what are your favorite slang terms? why?

Yes! I use slang words everyday. I have an adopt most of the latest slang words too. I use it because mostly every teen uses it and it’s how we communicate now days, and mostly because I don’t want to be clueless. My favorite slang word is “Goat”. It means greatest of all time. Print this page.

Keily January 13, 2022 January 13, 2022
What do you want more from a career:happiness or finacial stability?

I pick the finacial stability because you could found happiness everywhere in world they are a billions of people of world many places to found happiness,then finacial stability not everybody got the same chances to get a good job or have a nice house have the money u need to pay off your responsibility and i pick because is could […]

Pedrito January 12, 2022 January 12, 2022
What do you want more from a career: happiness or financial stability?

What i want from a career is financial stability because is important when it come to money family other stuff you need to survive yourself but wouldn’t that either make my life happier no matter what. Print this page.

Cristin January 12, 2022 January 12, 2022
What do you want more from a career: happiness or financial stability? Why? Do you worry that you can’t have both

I think people start to work for a reason to have a financial stabilation but they are also happy Print this page.

Yeiro January 12, 2022 January 12, 2022
bullying

I believe that bullying is something very big that has to be handled carefully because if it were not a disaster, for example, many students commit suicide because bullying because they do not know how to respond to them and they will not tell their parents out of fear. that parents should spend more time with their children rather than […]

Yeiro January 11, 2022 January 11, 2022
Directions What do you want more from a career: happiness or financial stability? Why? Do you worry that you can’t have both?

I believe its all about keeping a balance . You cant have either one without the other and if you do than it doesn’t end up well . Some people can have a lot of money but cant be happy because they lost people they cared for or there’s just things money or stability  cant buy . I believe real […]

Cristy January 11, 2022 January 11, 2022
teachers and tech

I believe that teachers teach well because they have modern technology that allows students to understand better, for example in their quarantine, students could not learn classes well and pass it Print this page.

Yeiro January 11, 2022 January 11, 2022
Have you found that multilingualism gives you any benefits or advantages? Explain. Are there any new languages you hope to learn? which one(s), and why?

Yes! it has benefits even for yourself. It makes you smarter and the ability to learn more, also it can help you get a job easier specially on tourist places. I hope to learn Portuguese and French . Those are my 2 favorite countries in the world and hope to travel there and communicate in their language. Print this page.

Keily January 10, 2022 January 10, 2022
Do you worry colleges or employers might see your social media post someday? How careful are you online? Do you think it’s fair for employers or colleges to check out candidates through, say, google?

I’m not sure if any colleges I decide to might go through my social media post. I’m I am not careful enough social post I might admit though, But I totally disagree that colleges should check you out or judge you based on your social media, I find that’s one of your private things. Print this page.

Keily January 10, 2022 January 10, 2022
How closely do you listen to lyrics? Do you often find meaning or inspiration in lyrics, or are you ore interested in the music or beat? What are your favorite lyrics?

I listen close to lyrics because I like to learn what the artist is trying to say. I often find meaning in lyrics or most of the time. My favorite lyrics are from Jhene Aiko-“sing to me”. This song means a lot to me and all her music is soothing to my ears. Print this page.

Keily January 10, 2022 January 10, 2022
Uploading Multiple Images or a Slideshow

Download You have a group of image files on your computer with .jpeg or .png extensions. Each file is one of the slides from your slideshow.   Insert You have a Google Document with the images from your slideshow inserted and sorted in the order of your presentation.   Export You have a Microsoft Word file .docx downloaded on your […]

Paul December 27, 2021 December 27, 2021
what career would u like to have

if the school could teach us a university career of what I want I would choose the art career because I like to draw a lot Print this page.

Yeiro December 17, 2021 December 17, 2021
The last 24 hours 12/2/21

The last 24 hours i did so far was i got home took a shower after i ate and then i was doing my works after i was watching some youtube video for a while and then i went to bed just to start my day off for school. Print this page.

Cristin December 15, 2021 December 15, 2021
Directions Do you think everyone should go to college, or do you think that school systems across the nation should offer more career and technical education that allows students to go right from high school to a job? Why?

I believe the system across the nation should definitely offer more affordable career courses or technical education so people can get right into making easy good money .  We aren’t even that interested because its a debt for life that we have to pay. The system set us up for failure to be their slaves if we wanna work for […]

Cristy December 15, 2021 December 15, 2021
Directions What career or technical classes do you wish your school offered? Would you be interested in getting hands-on career training while still in middle or high school? Why?

Yes, I will be interested in getting a career while being in high or middle school because sometimes by the time we get to college to start our dream careers we already have bills and other situations that’s hard to afford college .Plus ,  We aren’t even that interested because the lack of knowledge we get in school and college […]

How much slang do you use in general? How much of the latest slang do you tend to adopt? Why? What are your favorite

One slang word i been using a lot lately is “that’s tuff” any time somebody tell me something hard to hear instead of saying that’s sad or crazy i be like that’s tuff . I use a lot of slag like gang , fam , period , I catch on quick because I really be around people in the streets […]

career after high school

i wish my school offered technology or other careers like being a Librarian or being teacher pre k or middle and school dean because i think that’s really a basic job to learn in school. Print this page.

Yeury December 13, 2021 December 13, 2021
career & tech

the career class that i wish my school had is video editing productions because i want to learn more about editing because i love editing videos and i need to learn more because i want to make that my career in the future. Print this page.

Dawry December 13, 2021 December 13, 2021
career & tech

I say it will be better if they give student driving lesson because that way they can have a future. Print this page.

Dewry December 13, 2021 December 13, 2021
college

I Dont think everybody needs to go to college but  College isn’t for everyone, but it should be available to anyone who wants to attend A college education is useful both because of the skills and that can help you in the future getting a job or work in a office. Print this page.

What career or technical classes do you wish your school offered?

One thing i wish my school offered is some dancing skills, computer , safety, team building/training , upgrading reading, communication. Print this page.

Cristin December 13, 2021 December 13, 2021
have you ever send a text or email or posted a video, photo or comment that you wish you could take back? What were the circumstances?

Yes, I wish I could take back some texts I have sent when I was younger, because now looking back I see things like wow I was immature and it’s sounds childish, now I don’t waste my time in arguing or texting things that are not worth my time or it doesn’t benefit me in any sense. Print this page.

Keily December 13, 2021 December 13, 2021
What would you include in a video about an average day in your life? What people and places would you be sure to include? Why?

In a video I would show my life as a teen mom, because maybe that could help or inspire other people. I would let this video be worldwide, and any age. Print this page.

How real are you on Social Media? why? Do you try to capture the best moments and most flattering images to post on Social media ? Do you keep your most real and personal moments private?

In my social media I don’t want to say I’m “real” more like I’m myself, because I don’t perceive something I’m not or call attention so people can follow or like me. I do capture the best moments and post them social media because it’s a special moment and you want the whole world to know you having fun or […]

school, college , jobs

Everyone does not go to school only people that really want real professional job that go to college.  i think schools should offer some career and technical education that can allow students to get that kind of job right after school because getting out of school then doing 2-4 more years of college to work a job that you can […]

Yeury December 9, 2021 December 9, 2021
Do you think everyone should go to college or do you think that school systems across the nation should offer more career and technical education that allows students to go rights from high school to a job why?

I mean not everyone should go to college because some people hate going to school just to learn more lesson and new details plus college is not for everyone cause some think is not made for them but others yes espeically jumping right into their career. Print this page.

Cristin December 9, 2021 December 9, 2021
Should everyone go to college?

On my opinion i think not everybody is ready for college because is another type system from middle school to high school because is another type of world and not everybody is mentally prepare for that because they dont got the skills or money to pay they college loans and is difficult because they most of them dont got anybody […]

Pedrito December 9, 2021 December 9, 2021
soft skills

I believe that I learn how to listen better and how to work in groups with other students and I learned how to keep my work in order Print this page.

Yeiro December 9, 2021 December 9, 2021
what do you think you are learning at school

One skill I think people need to succeed all around in school or anywhere else is to be able to have a open mind to new things like food you never had before or a place you never seen before. A good thing about being open minded is no matter what new thing  you experiences you always gonna be able […]

Chris December 8, 2021 December 8, 2021
What do you think you are learning at school?

I am learning how to follow direction and learning new active as well following tasks in school and knowing new actives in class how to get back in my feet also communication skills, how to step outside your comfort zone. Print this page.

Cristin December 8, 2021 December 8, 2021
24hours

What i did in the last 24 hours is wake up take a shower put my clothes on come to school do my work leave at 3:00 go home eat my food watch my show superman & louis and go to sleep. Print this page.

Dawry December 8, 2021 December 8, 2021
What do you think you are learning at school -not in term of academic?

Well i think i learning apart academic content,one is how to be responsible in the things i need to do and taught how do be responsible in the future on a job or something another one respect so you get the respect u want back and that it. Print this page.

Pedrito December 8, 2021 December 8, 2021
What do you think you are learning at school – not in terms of academic content, but in terms of “life lessons” and “soft skills.”

This question is deep to me because i feel like my whole life is based right now on catching the little details that I skipped in school that are affecting me now on the daily basic. One of them is lateness , lateness always been a problem i didn’t care about in school growing up and it affects me because […]

Cristy December 8, 2021 December 8, 2021
social media

I don’t know how social media work is like you post photo of your self and other but people watch the photo and they put comment, but sometimes social media is not what people thick, sometimes people can’t use you for bad things. Print this page.

Dewry December 8, 2021 December 8, 2021
social media

I Dont like using social media because I dont like being in people’s life like that and i dont want them to be in my life Eather. And  thats why i dont even post on social media because i dont want people to know about my personal life. Print this page.

Dawry December 8, 2021 December 8, 2021
last 24 hours

In the last 24 hours at was home packing my clothes, i am going to DR to see my father because i having see him in 4 years and i want to go for i can see my father sister because she is the best, she take care of me and my brother when we was in DR. Print this […]

Dewry December 8, 2021 December 8, 2021
slang

Bobo is a slang that people use in DR. it means as if you did a bad thing or if like you cheated on somebody. Print this page.

Dewry December 7, 2021 December 7, 2021
Slang

the slang word that i use the most is cap that means that when somebody saids a  “lie” or “bullsh! t” The expression is “no cap” is slang meaning for “no lie” or “for real,” The expression “capper” is slang meaning “liar” or “faker” The expression “capping” or “cappin’” is slang meaning “lying” or “faking”.  Another way that i can say […]

Dawry December 7, 2021 December 7, 2021
slang

i use different everyday like “what’s your vibe ” which means “what are you doing” in different scenario. In other scenario when i say it in other ways it can mean like “what’s is your problem:”.  Another slang that i use is no cap which means that I’m not lying about what I’m saying. Print this page.

Yeury December 7, 2021 December 7, 2021
How much slang do you use in general?

I use it sometimes whenever i feel like it but often i use it on my friends not my parents they don’t know anything about slang even tought they said it but never hear it but my favorite slang from new yoker dead-ass because is sound funny and is like meaning oh i am for real or serious like you […]

Cristin December 7, 2021 December 7, 2021
how much slang do you use in general

i use different  slang every different day like for example  i be like wya that it means that where are you or like was good that means how are you Print this page.

Yeiro December 7, 2021 December 7, 2021
This Is My Body -Am I Somebody?

my body, tormentor of my dreams scars that decorate the outside but formed from the misery on the inside Am I Somebody? living in an empty capsule fighting for my inner peace but my darkness loves the company and my brighter side gives in Am I Somebody? a lost soul with built-up emotions the physical thoughts brought such sorrow its […]

Yniyah December 3, 2021 December 6, 2021
What is something you have done in the last 24 hours that made you feel good about yourself? What does that say about you?

i been feeling down theses past weeks because the year soon be over and im starting to think back and realize i been wasting to much precious time, there for i been trying to focus on doing my homework a little earlier that way i dont have to do everything last minute like last semester . Today i did all […]

Cristy December 4, 2021 December 4, 2021
Have you found that multilingualism (speaking more than one language) gives you any benefits or advantages? Explain. Are there any new languages you hope to learn? Which one(s), and why?

Being multilingualism is very important world wide but for me it makes me proud to be able to communicate with my people in a place where they might feel lost because their native language its not always spoken.  Its sad to say in some places like stores , restaurant and etc , sometimes its no translators  even if nowadays there’s […]

How closely do you listen to lyrics? Do you often find meaning or inspiration in lyrics, or are you more interested in the music or beat? What are your favorite lyrics?

Certain songs are like my medicine , they match my mood . when i hear a artist singing everything im currently feeling i try to analyze why and how . its incredible how somebody that don’t know you can give you the answer or cure to your problems in a song or beat . sometimes its the beats that give […]

Do you worry colleges or employers might see your social media posts someday? How careful are you online? Do you think it’s fair for employers or colleges to check out candidates through, say, Google?

Yes sometimes i be calling out pretending to be in situations like everybody did before because i need some rest. Im home or out with friends or even on vacation and having certain co-workes in social media and knowing they all close with the manager stop me from posting . in my opinion whatever you post in your social media […]

Have you ever sent a text or email or posted a video, photo or comment that you wish you could take back? What were the circumstances?

I believe we all took a wrong video during certain circumstances that affect us and ended up in the media. mines was drunk or cheating lol. I posted a video that ended up damaging my 4 year relationship , because i was with my new boyfriend in it . Also i get heated sometimes and send pictures or text i […]

If i was to create a video of my daily basic i will definitely start it from home introducing pictures or stuff that belongs to the people that aren’t here with me today but are my motivation to be better on the daily basic . i will continue to move and record on Burnside due to the fact that’s the […]

How real are you on social media? Why? Do you try to capture the best moments and most flattering images to post on social media? Do you keep your most real and personal moments private?

No lately i been tryna keep in have it all together and under control on social media knowing i dont. I even stopped posting a lot of personal things i used to post because i been wanting to stay lowkey because its too many people watching . im tryna come up in private than  glow up on the gram . […]

last 24hrs

i didn’t really do anything that made me proud of myself in the last 24hrs but what i can say that i went to sleep early yesterday like at 5pm and woke up around 4am and just stood on my phone until 7 and left to school. Print this page.

Yeury December 2, 2021 December 2, 2021
last 24 hours

What I did for 24 hours was that after I left school I went to work but first I went home to change my clothes then I left then I left work about 8 after I went home I took a bath and fell asleep Print this page.

Yeiro December 2, 2021 December 2, 2021
lyrics

Either you down or you ain’t You either riding or you can’t Down or you ain’t You told me I could trust you, don’t lie I could really use it Everybody need love, even niggas like me You told me I could trust you And I could really use it So much I wanna talk about But I ain’t got […]

Dewry December 1, 2021 December 1, 2021
Lyric

The song that I pick was a song by J.Cole name ( LOVE YOURZ ) and the Lyric that i like from the song was “ ON THE ROAD TO RICHES LISTEN THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL FIND, THE GOOD NEWS IS NIGGA YOU CAME A LONG WAY ,AND THE BAD NEWS NIGGA YOU WENT THE WRONG WAY I THINK BEING BROKE WAS […]

Dawry December 1, 2021 December 1, 2021
Have you found that multilingualism, giving you benefits or advantages?

Yes because I can learn the language as well when I go to a country I can speak with them so I dont sit there like umm I don’t understand what are you saying also because their accent sound so nice and is something about it like i wants to learn also it sounds so entertaining so learn it and […]

Cristin December 1, 2021 December 1, 2021
language

I think speaking more then one language gives me a benefit and a advantages to get a better job and get more opportunities then other people and the language that i really want learn how to speak is Korean. Print this page.

Dawry December 1, 2021 December 1, 2021
languages

multilingualism gives me a lot of  benefits like i can find better jobs that have to do with helping how to speak the language and if someone don’t know needs to translate something i can help out. also it gives advantages because lets say I’m the only one that speak speaks in English in a room and but in the […]

Yeury December 1, 2021 December 1, 2021
more than one language

I thing is important to speak more than one different language because is give you a advantages like if you want to get a new job, it help me now because now I can talk to more people and understand them and they can understand me also me fitting in with them.   Print this page.

Dewry December 1, 2021 December 1, 2021
speak more them one language

If I think that if it benefits you to speak more than two languages ​​because you can have more opportunities in life, for example, you can find a very quality job that people who speak more than one language need   Print this page.

Yeiro December 1, 2021 December 1, 2021
How closely do you listen to lyrics?

I listen to lyrice a lot more then watching a music video because I like reading the lyrice and everytime I sing it remind me my life like this song related to my life and the song i am talking about is SELENA Q which is ”no me queda mas” it’s means I had a hope Deep in my soul […]

Cristin November 30, 2021 November 30, 2021
lyrics

when i listen to music i like to listen to the beat but almost i listen closely to what the artist is saying the song, that’s when i try to find the meaning of the song and the meaning of the beat. one song i like is from tercer  cielo  – cada dia oro por ti. is about how young […]

Yeury November 30, 2021 November 30, 2021
lyrics

when i listen to music i closely listen to the lyrics because i like to When I listen to music, sometimes I find it classified because they are important things Print this page.

Yeiro November 30, 2021 November 30, 2021
Do you worry college or employes might see your social media posts someday?

Yes because they might see this person is a bad influence or not a good at this work as well i don’t want them to see anything but if they do i might be in private or  deleted my account. Print this page.

Cristin November 29, 2021 November 29, 2021
college

I should be worry because what they see in my online status i may not get the job because they see something inappropriate or something they did not like about my personality everybody should be worry because if can get that job you not going to be able to get any job. Print this page.

Dawry November 29, 2021 November 29, 2021
do you worry colleges oremployersnmight see your social media posts someday

If I make sure that the college checks me, my personal social account or see that if I drink a lot Print this page.

Yeiro November 29, 2021 November 29, 2021
college

I should make a fake account for they can not know my personal life. for they can accept me in the job. Print this page.

Dewry November 29, 2021 November 29, 2021
How real are you on social media? Why? Do you try to capture the best moments and most flattering images to post on social media

USSUALY I DON’T USE SOCIAL MEDIA LIKE I don’t like being on my phone for a long time Print this page.

Have you ever sent a text or email or posted a video, photo or comment that you wish you could take back?

Have you ever sent a text or email or posted a video, photo or comment that you wish you could take back NOP BECAUSE I DONT USE MY PHONE LIKE THAT Print this page.

One time I send a text to a friend of mine by mistake i thought I send it to the right person but then it was to the wrong person so i send oh s**** but it was too late to deleted since she saw it and it took me awhile to related i send it to someone i wasn’t […]

Cristin November 23, 2021 November 23, 2021
wrong text

one day i thought that i was texting my friend and i really texted my brother and my friend was arguing about something. when i texted my brother thinking it was my friend i was cursing and using caps and disrespecting him and when my brother saw the text and replied ” what are you talking?” and i had to […]

Yeury November 23, 2021 November 23, 2021
what would you include in a video about an average day in my life

This is a video of a average day in my life. The first thing that i do when i wake up in the morning is i brush my teeth and then i take a shower and after the shower i go to my room and i look for what am going to wear today and if it look good i […]

Dawry November 22, 2021 November 22, 2021
Video About My Life

In a video about my life it would be based in New York City where I most likely wake up late ever day for school to my mom telling me I need to get ready to leave at the same time she throws money on my bed for school lunch as soon as I walk out of my New York […]

Chris November 22, 2021 November 22, 2021
video of my life

this is a video of my  rontine in my life. what at do every day is brush my teeth, and after i put my clothes on because i getting ready for school, and then me and my brother walk to school and talk in the way here. Print this page.

Dewry November 22, 2021 November 22, 2021
What would you Include in a video about an average day in your life?

I will Include a video of my day in life rontine when I wake up , shower brush my teeth, after dry myself and hair and change , making coffee with bread & watch some youtube then make some lunch eat it , walk my dog , talk about how my day is going so far , go back home […]

Cristin November 22, 2021 November 22, 2021
A video about my life

in a video of my life i will put something like how i went from school to my house i wake up in the morning go to the bathroom taking a shower then getting dress eat something then go outside take the bus to come to school i see a lot of people in the boss then i enter school […]

Pedrito November 22, 2021 November 22, 2021
the video of my life

the video of my life is that I go to school every day and take two buses to get to school and buy a sandwish there are times that I am late because I wake up late Print this page.

Yeiro November 22, 2021 November 22, 2021
video of yeury’s life

in a average video of my life i would a lot sleep and i would include my work space like scanning totes, house keeping , helping people and i also bothered my niece everyday. Print this page.

Yeury November 22, 2021 November 22, 2021
Tracking the Themes / Seguimiento de los Temas

Paul November 19, 2021 November 19, 2021
The last 24 hours I did.

The last 24 hours I did was went to YABC a program to get more credits in order for me to graduation from high school i go monday-thursday after i get home eat,shower,sleep watch some youtube video into i fall asleep. Print this page.

Cristin November 19, 2021 November 19, 2021
red social

I keep most of my private life in social networks because I think that nobody has to know my things I think that social networks is a platform to distract oneself, throw off stress or capture beautiful moments or it can be used to express what we want but people already at this time do not have empathy, I keep […]

Alis November 18, 2021 November 18, 2021
How real am I on social media?

I’m as real as I can be on social media but I do keep both personal moments private and flattering images private because I feel like not everybody on social media should be able too see your post or pics but time to time I do end up in joying posting flattering images on my social media as it makes […]

Chris November 18, 2021 November 18, 2021
real on social media

I am very fake on social media not like catfish fake but I just don’t tell my business on social media like other people do. for example people will go on Facebook and type a whole essay on how her/his mom is not letting them go somewhere that they want to go. sometimes i go on social media and speak […]

Yeury November 18, 2021 November 18, 2021
How real are you on social media? why? Do you try to capture the best moments and most flattering images to post on social media? do you keep your most real and personal moments private?

How real are you on social media? why? Do you try to capture the best moments and most flattering images to post on social media? do you keep your most real and personal moments private? I am 80% real on social media part of me I wants to keep private another part of me is just being active on social […]

Cristin November 18, 2021 November 18, 2021
Stress Management Technique Effectiveness

I spent the last 6 days using music as a stress relieving technique. I found that on days where my resting heart beat was normal, my BPM did not change. On days when it was elevated, music was definitely there to reduce the BPM, indicating a reduction in stress.   I enjoyed getting the time to relax. I did not […]

Bethel November 15, 2021 November 15, 2021 stress
Stress Management Goals

My stress management technique is listening to music as it is something I already do. Whenever I feel my heart beating too fast or like I have lost control, I pop in my airpods and let my favorite songs play. As an audiophile, I can usually feel the energy it took the artist to make the song and having that […]

Stressors and their Effects

Stressors that impact my day-to-day life are working, studying, and working out. I am in 2 bootcamps right now and working a full-time job. Figuring out how to juggle those and squeeze in a daily fitness activity is difficult and a big stressor of mine. The stressors end up physically weighing me down and leaving me a bit depressed if […]

Bethel November 15, 2021 November 15, 2021 mental health, stress, stressors
To Take the Long Way Home / Falling Leaves original poem

It always starts simply. Quiet and cool, a rainstorm builds in the west First fall, cold with leaf smells October dust, steel clouds over iceblue skies Me, trapped in images, theaterseats, but not really here Her, watching, rapt, as flashframes of invented lives embed themselves upon her consciousness “It was good wasn’t it?” Her eyes large and dark […]

Nathaniel November 14, 2021 November 14, 2021 nwpplaces
Mali Vs. Ashanti

Print this page.