Has attachment Title Author Created Last Edited Group Tags
something that you did that make you think about your future

Something that I saw during the day yesterday that I made myself think about my future and what I thought about this was when I was cleaning the house and I stopped for a couple of minutes in front of the television a movie called my attention because it was about creating things and selling them so that gave me […]

Yeiro November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020 juarnal
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours was, i was watching movie all day and that means that i like watching movie because i could learn. Print

Dewry November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours is that i watch you tube all night because i have a you tube channel my self and thats what i want to do in the future. Print

Dawry November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
Last 24hrs….

In the last 24hrs i had a dentist appointment, and i know it may sound weird but i love going to the dentist because is my dream job. I enjoyed being there because i got to ask my dentist about being a dentist and becoming one. Also i enjoyed seeing how they work and keep everything sanitized and clean. This […]

Keily November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
One thing I did that makes me feel good about myself

It seems like a small thing but I started setting everybody up to have their comments from NowComment appear on their activity streams on Youth Voices. This is such a small thing when the student or teacher sees it, but it wasn’t small at all to get web engineers and designers to work together to have the comments on NowComment […]

Paul November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
La Casa en Mango Street

Last night I read this book aloud with my son, who is reading it in Spanish for school (6th grade). I think I sound terrible while I read, but he says it helps him so much, he gets 10/10 on his daily quiz, and I get practice too. I think it is a very hard book to translate, though, and […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020
Journal entry

growing up my parents had more hopes for me than my sister because they always told me to go out more but my sister never go out she always home. Print

Dewry November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020
Journal entry

my parents got more hopes for me than my sister like my mom tell me everytime that i need to go out more dont be in the house but for my sister is different because my sister dont go out she always home so i dont understand. Print

Dawry November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020
do parents have different hopes and standards for their son

I believe that fathers have different hopes and less concern for men than for their daughters because men can defend themselves and can defend themselves in any way that is necessary and most women have to depend on others but the woman has a better hope of having a life with family than that of a man because women have […]

Yeiro November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020 juarnal
Digital Journal

I think their standards for their daughters is to prepare them for a husband and teach them how to cook and clean for them and the sons are suppose to make a lot of money so he can take care of the family , and I think this comes from the ideology that women are suppose to be housewives and […]

Brendaly November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020
Daughters and sons

Well, I have a son and I have a daughter. There are some things I will expect from them equally, such as trying to become the best people they can, to work hard for their achievements, to help others, to be responsible for their own happiness, to be part of the solution rather than the problem, to take care of […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 24, 2020 November 24, 2020
what I would have wanted for my future generation and what I do not want?

What I would have wanted for the future generation of mine was that my generation be educated and that they try to become the most millionaire they can but that they be responsible for all the charge that all that money is worth bringing to them and that they never think negative that always think the good before the bad. […]

Yeiro November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020 juarnal
Journal entry

older people can learn about awar generation because awar generation is more fun back then everything was different from now like the music and the clothes . Print

Dawry November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020
Digital journal

older people think that a lot of teens are lazy ,drug addicts and  uneducated , A lot of young people are more open minded then the older generation and I think thats something they can learn is to see life from more then one perspective Print

Brendaly November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020
Generations

Being middle-aged, I feel like I’m in a good position in regards to multi-generational teaching and learning. What I can learn from the generation behind me is how to stay flexible as a learner; to embrace technological tools that will help and enrich my life and avoid their toxic potential. What I think it’s easy to misunderstand about the younger […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020
Does trauma bring strength?

I’ll write about the younger generation and what I might learn from them, what I might misunderstand about young people today. I think there is something about resilience in the younger generation, a strength that comes from having survived so many traumas. I don’t want to be overly romantic about this, but maybe there is something there worth learning about. […]

Paul November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020
Does everything happen for a reason?

Do you believe that everything happens for a reason? yes because that how life is. Print

Cristin November 22, 2020 November 22, 2020
Control

How much control do you think you have over how your life turns out? most of it even though my mom control most of my life when i was younger but as i got older my decisions were made by me since i am about to turn 18. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

what i did over the past 24 hours is doing hair because i know how i do different types of hairstyle and everyone like it and they think i could be a hairstyle and work in a salon. Print

Talent or Hard Work?

Talent because i have talent and is much better and you can get famous or popular with any talent you have. Print

When you’re grown

What does your family want you to do once you are grown? they just want me to be done with high school go to college and get a job to earn money and be a independent women. Is it the same as what you want for yourself yes because that what i always want to do and i do make […]

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

what i did over the past 24 hours is taking care of my dog that show me that i am caring owner to him and i do anything to him. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

What i did over the past 24 hours is watching baking video because one day i will love to learn to bake. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

one thing i did over the past 24 hours is looking for a job because i miss being in my job but now i am looking for one to earn money. Print

Do parents have different hopes and standards for their sons than for their daughters?

Yes because parents hope for sons to be manly,smart and also good at sports specially on the paternal side. Print

Generations

What can older people learn from your generation new ideas because young people learn faster than old people since they don’t be on  technology  as we do. What do older people misunderstand about young people today that everything we do bother them and everything we said to them they wouldn’t understand at all. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i over the past 24 hours is helping my mom cleaning and cooking. Print

What you are afraid of

what i am afraid of being alone and snake or getting in a accident. Print

The best compliment you’ve ever been given

I am very a hard working person that i try my best and give everything i have done. Print

One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

Buying gifts to my loves one this mean that i am a sweet caring person anyhting you want i buy it for you. Print

Something that made me feel good about myself in the last 24 hours

Something that made me feel good about myself in the last 24 hours was that yesterday I decided to finish my work and housework before you went out, something that had to be done so I decided to finish the duties and the trades first before I had to do  things  outside so this means that even if it is […]

Yeiro November 19, 2020 November 19, 2020 juarnal
Sit right next to her

Something I did in the last 24 hours that make me feel good about myself was to sit right next to my daughter while she made up some assignments she was missing. It doesn’t sound like a big deal, but I am trying to get her to be more self-reliant when it comes to schoolwork, so I really wanted to […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 19, 2020 November 19, 2020
Born a crime 2

In the book “born a crime “ which takes place in South Africa during apartheid , goes into depths about a life of a biracial child and his upbringing along with the upbringing of people of color during this era, he explains the lack of opportunities , racial stereotyping ,discrimination and abuse people of color had to endure as well […]

Brendaly November 19, 2020 November 19, 2020
something i’m afraid of and why i’m afraid of it.

i’m afraid of all the animals because i think they going to vipe me Print

Dawry November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
Digital Journal

I’m afraid of death because i don’t know what’s going to happen after that Print

Brendaly November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
What am I afraid of?

I kind of don’t want to start listing the things I’m afraid of because I don’t want to think about them. Well, I can talk about street rats. They are the only thing I’m squeamish about and freaked out by. I just feel like they are going to come at me, run up my legs and bite me like a […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
Something I’m afraid of and why I’m afraid of it.

The “it” here has me a bit stumped… or at least has slowed my start. Let me see, I’m afraid of getting hurt, disease, dying, people who I love getting hurt, getting a disease, or dying. So that’s pretty big, a pretty big set of fears. And during Covid, well I guess it’s obvious. So yeah. isn’t it obvious why […]

Paul November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
Something that I’m really afraid of and why

Something that I am really afraid of and terrifies me is that some of the nightmares that I sometimes have come true in real life, these nightmares are me dying or being killed, so I am really afraid of my dreams because what happened to me in dreams are not good Print

Yeiro November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020 juarnal
Plastic Bags Are Affecting Our World

As you can see when you go to a restaurant, grocery shop, anywhere you go you will find at least something that has plastic in it. Plastic bags are so cheap and a very useful way of traveling food and things you buy in grocery shops, but plastic is a very harmful source to our planet because it can affect […]

Yuma November 18, 2020 November 18, 2020
Born a crime

Paragraph 11 of “born a crime “ by Trevor Noah might leave a reader feeling upset because it explains that in the time of apartheid in South Africa you weren’t Offered any opportunities unless you were white or at least close to being white and this was followed by the ideology that being anything but white wasn’t right and viewed […]

Brendaly November 17, 2020 November 17, 2020
Digital journal

my teachers telling me I’m hardworking is the best compliment because I try my best to. Complete my work Print

My best compliment

One time in college, an old friend (who went to a different college) told me I wrote the best letters she’d ever read. This was back in the 90s, when email was just barely becoming a thing, so people mostly still wrote to each other, because it was also expensive to make long-distance calls on the phone. I loved writing […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 17, 2020 November 17, 2020
The best compliment you have ever received and how this makes me feel?

The first thing that came to mind is what people sometimes say about me that I like. It’s mainly that I ground my work with digital discourse in the theory and practice of composition. Ah… yes, I remember an exact moment when — oh, what was her name? I’ll look it up — but she was in a presentation that […]

Paul November 17, 2020 November 17, 2020
the best compliment that someone have said to you.

The best compliment that someone have said to me in my life was that they told me that my eyebrows were too beautiful and very big that many women would derive anything to have an eyebrows like that and that the pretty they are beautiful. I felt very good because a woman told me so and she really liked my […]

Yeiro November 17, 2020 November 17, 2020 juarnal
Power of language and social media

Today in our society, one of our strongest gifts that every one of us has is the power of language. We use our power of language every day to express our emotions, how we’re feeling, how we communicate, and to get our point across whatever that may be. We have many technologies and platforms today that help us express ourselves […]

Sara November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
About Me? How to ask youth to represent themselves.

One thing I did this weekend was I made a widget box work on everybody’s profile. That might not seem that important, but here’s how it might be. If you go to my profile, you will see two Web Stories in the biography section of my About You widget. This is what I would like students to do to. So […]

Paul November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
Journal entry

one think i did in the last 24 hours was i went bjs with my mom and that means that i like helping my mom Print

Dewry November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
Digital journal

One thing  I did in the weekend is eat a healthy meal of carrots and avocados and this shows how I care about my health Print

Brendaly November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020 Digital journal
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that i went out with my friends that i haven seen in a long time and what that shows about me is that i need to go out more. Print

Dawry November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
something good that make you feel good about yourself. during the week

Something I did during the week that made me feel good about myself and that shows that I am a kind person was that yesterday, on Sunday, my sister asked me for a favor from two weeks before to help her with the move that she was going to move and she had no one to help her so on […]

Yeiro November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020 juarnal
ZOO’S CRUEL TREATMENT AGAINST ITS ANIMALS WAS PICTURED

ZOO’S CRUEL TREATMENT AGAINST ANIMALS WAS PICTURED   Picture of XXX zoo’s treatment against animals is being an issue. The picture is showing a keeper kicking the moose that was about to fall into starvation. When this picture was posted on the internet, netizens were raging about Zoo’s treatment of its animal. However, this was not the only reason that […]

Hyeonseo November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
Plastic Littering

Hello, my name is Ava. I will be showing you an issue that I had noticed while walking and viewing Kuala Lumpur. The issue that I observed was that there was a lot of plastic littering. As you might know, plastic is very harmful to the environment because it exudes harmful toxins. To start taking action against this problem, I […]

Ava November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
Humans Are The One who harms Polar Bears

Today, humans burn fossil fuels, cut down trees to live comfortably. One example can be turning on lights when we don’t have to. Using electricity makes fossil fuels to be burnt, which causes global warming. Global warming harms lives like polar bears that live in the arctic. They lose their habitat and starve because they fail hunting. If you want […]

Ian November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
COVID-19 Is Dangerous and We Have To Wear Masks

Estefano Lacayo   October 21st, 2020   Dear Donald Trump, the world is trying it’s best to fight the Covid-19 pandemic. You, as the leader of one of the most powerful nations on earth, need to set an example for the people who need your guidance in these tough times. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), 45 million people […]

Estefano November 16, 2020 November 16, 2020
The Psychological Effect of Negative Words

One morning, a girl woke up feeling very anxious after not sleeping very well because she was worried about a presentation she had to give in school. Her mother happened to be feeling annoyed due to the family dog throwing up in the shoes she had just bought the day before. As the girl’s mind was set on […]

Rachel November 14, 2020 November 15, 2020 #RHS
A Research Poster on Palm Oil

Palm oil is a rising threat to the environment and palm oil that is produced in the way that the majority of it is produced has a gigantic impact on the future of our planet. Although many of you are sure you know all about palm oil there might still be facts that you are not aware of and some […]

TommyP November 15, 2020 November 15, 2020
Animal testing

If you look around the world, you may think that animals are living happily and peacefully. Some of them are, but some of them are living painful and horrible lives you can’t even imagine. If you want to know why they are living in such a horrible life, watch this video and find out! I want guys to watch this […]

Flora November 15, 2020 November 15, 2020
Digital Journal

I did a assignment in art about Walt & Disney , about their struggles and how they met and how the company came to be and I think it’s meaning full because its nice to know someone’s back story and how they achieved success because it can inspire other people Print

Brendaly November 13, 2020 November 13, 2020
A new change for our future

This is for you and for car companies. Have you ever heard of the SDGs? They stand for Sustainable Development Goals. They are 17 goals made by the United Nation Conference in 2012 at Rio Janeiro. You can also check it out here. My main focus is to make car companies start selling more cars at a reasonable price for […]

Naho November 13, 2020 November 13, 2020
Digital Journal

Something that I do that is important is that I talk to my teachers when I’m having trouble with my work in order for me to complete it and pass my classes and that shows that I care about my grades and trying to graduate Print

Brendaly November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that yesterday i was home and i was lising to music the all day and what that shows about me is that i like lising to music. Print

Dawry November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Journal entry

the last think i did in the last 24 hours i was home watching movies all day yesterday and that shows about me that i like movie Print

Dewry November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Something significant in the past 24 hours

I finished a Web Story about annotations yesterday. This is important because of the medium and my learning in that medium and because the content is important. I wonder if I can embed it here. Oh let me just link to it under an image. That might be enough of a challenge. Let’s see, here’s a link: https://www.youthvoices.live/web-stories/comment-while-reading/ Print

Paul November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
journal entry

one thing that i did the last 24 hours that make me feel good about my self is that i saw a homeless man outside and he aid that he was hungry and i gave him some money so he can buy something to eat Print

Joan November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Positive Disruption

This morning, one of my coworkers was complaining about something they often complain about, and I overheard it, because they were in the stairwell right over the wall from my desk. It made me roll my eyes, because I don’t want to hear about it any more, and so early in the morning. Instead of going out to say something […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Give Education For Everyone

To: Middle school reluctant learners If you walk around the street, you may realize that some kids don’t go to school. Then you might think that they are lucky, but to those who can’t go to school, they think the opposite. If you want to know why they think the opposite Then watch this video to find out. Video link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DHXyx0hI_i68HVuBEXws8y02FbkK0vFC/view?usp=sharing […]

Rita November 12, 2020 November 12, 2020
Testing Docs

I’m just checking to see about authorship and how Docs show up on the Activity stream. Print

Paul November 11, 2020 November 11, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is that i talk with my dad because he is not here he is in spain and what that show about me is that i like talking to my dad. Print

Dawry November 10, 2020 November 10, 2020
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours, yesterday i was at my grandma house and that mean i like going to my grandma house to visit. Print

Dewry November 10, 2020 November 10, 2020
Digital Journal

Something I did that was meaningful was spend time with my father , I went out to eat and hang out with him and quality time with my family is meaningful to me Print

Brendaly November 10, 2020 November 10, 2020 Digital journal
something good that make you feel good about yourself. that past 24 hour’s

something that make me feel good about myself the last past 24hrs is the yesterday i was home and there where not body here so i was by myself and The cat was hungry and I didn’t put cat food in the house, so I felt bad because I looked and looked to see if I found something to eat […]

Yeiro November 10, 2020 November 10, 2020 juarnal
on the sidewalk bleeding character traits

Andy , the protagonist in On The Sidewalk Bleeding, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others. One,he is curious. Two he> is hurt.  Three, <she/he> is unhappy These traits influence his relationships with others. “He did not know he was dying. He lay on the sidewalk, bleeding, and he thought only: That was a fierce rumble. They […]

Joan November 9, 2020 November 9, 2020
Something that I did during the week that make u fell good.

Something that I saw during the week that make u feel good  well was that on Saturday I was at home cleaning the house   and my mother called me to help her with some things that she had  buy but I told her that I am at home cleaning so i told her   if it is very far and she […]

Yeiro November 9, 2020 November 9, 2020
Where would i travel if i could go anywhere in the world.

Well i would like to travel to Egypt and experience the pyramids myself, even though Egypt is not all pyramids and desert but i would enjoy experiencing it myself. Print

Christian November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
Two things my family has taught me

Well first they have showed me to care for people no matter how bad they have done you, to always be the better person. Second they have always showed me to be humble and never ever underestimate anyone. Print

My digital Journal

the superpower that i want to have is i want to be able to run fast because if i can run fast i can save lives Print

Dewry November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
TWO things your family has taught you.

Two things that my family has taught me one of the things that my family taught me is to be respectful towards the elderly and also they taught me that if I want something in my life I have to fight for it and right now I am starting to work as an influencer of beauty and don’t talk to […]

Estefani November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
Journal entry

i want to go back to my country because i miss the food in DR the food is not the same here in my country the food is better and the beach is different too Print

Dawry November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
Where I want to Travel

There are so many places I’d like to travel; I’ll just make a list: Cuba:   To see some of the historical places I’ve read about and listen to music. Peru:    To walk around Machu Picchu, an archaeological site of the Inca culture. Brazil:  Wildlife, rainforest, people, music, food Scotland:  To climb some mountains and learn about some of my […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
after all this pandemic is over where do u wanna go

Well after all this pandemic is over I really would like to go to Egypt to explore the sands and their beliefs and learn about the mummies and their gods and the most important thing I would like to do is go to one of its historical pyramids and it just because it seen really nice and because i like […]

Yeiro November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020 juarnal
Digital Journal

I would like to travel to Italy and I would like to try different types of Italian meals and tour the towns and visit the beaches Print

Brendaly November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020 Digital journal
Journal entry

i want to go to los angeles and visit the stables center were the lakers play and see the players Print

Dewry November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
journal entry

if i get to travel anywhere i would rather go to dubai becasue is very beutiful over there and in dubai they have the tallest building in the world and i would love to see that and also the city is beutiful and i can enjoy life over there in dubai Print

Joan November 5, 2020 November 5, 2020
demon slayer volume 1

Tanjiro Kamado is a dynamic character. His archetype changes over the course of the story. At the beginning of the story,he is the archetypal soldier. This can be seen on page 13, where the author writes:Tanjiro fights off the demon that is trying to kill him and his sister. So for his sister he fought off the demon and killed […]

Douglas November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
demon slayer volume 2

Tanjiro Kamado,  the protagonist in demon slayer chapter 2, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others. One, he is loving. Two, he is brave.  Three, he is dependable. These traits influence his relationships with others. “His sister became a demon and Tanjiro still stayed with her hoping to find a way to cure his only sister that […]

Journal entry

my family told me to treat people the same and be helpful with people Print

Dawry November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
Two things that your parents have taught you in life

Two things that your parents have taught you in life well those things that my mother taught me in this life is that I always work because I need to because nothing is free in life and the second thing that my mother has taught me is that I always be humble that he is not a bad person […]

Yeiro November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020 juarnal
Lessons from my Family.

One very useful thing my family taught me is how to drive a stick shift. My father started out trying to teach me. He was a very good driver, but he couldn’t articulate how I was supposed to let out the clutch and then step on the gas, so I kept popping the clutch, bucking the car and stalling the […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
Digital Journal

2 things my family has taught me is to work hard and to choose my friend’s wisely Print

Brendaly November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020 Digital journal
journal entry

Two things that my family Taught me was that one is that to help others and always if i see homeless people or people who need help to help them , the other thing that my family Taught is not to steal from no body becuause i dont know how much they work for to get that Print

Joan November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
two things my family taught me.

two things they taught me is cleaning, and don’t talk to strangers because one cleaning is important and two don’t every talk to people you don’t know because they will take you away and something bad could happen. Print

Cristin November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
Two things my family has taught me

Two things?! Okay, let’s see. I feel like my sons — both in their late 20’s — are teaching me about dogs. Pets are something that my wife and I never brought into our family, except if you count the few months with a gerbil before lost her. I don’t know what this is teaching me, but it is something […]

Paul November 4, 2020 November 4, 2020
two things my family taught me.

two things they taught me is cleaning, don’t talk to strangers. Print

Digital journal

In paragraphs 142,145 and 148 of “The Last Spin” by Evan Hunter  may leave a reader feeling upset because it’s about two young men from rival gangs that are settling an issue by playing Russian roulette and even though this is the case they want to ditch the game and build a friendship with eachother but sadly it doesn’t end […]

Brendaly October 11, 2020 November 3, 2020 Digital journal
Digital journal

something I did over the past 24hrs is do gym work and history work , it’s meaning full to me because I’m trying to get good grades and pass those classes Print

Brendaly November 3, 2020 November 3, 2020 Digital journal
Over the past 24 hours…

I’m wondering how to consult with a student about her writing. We edit and suggest in the margins on Google Docs or on NowComment, but how do we have those moments where we ask a student to say more to explain what you mean by that or tell me a story about that. Then turn and say, okay now put […]

Paul November 3, 2020 November 3, 2020
Things i have done in the past 24hrs that made me feel good

One thing that made me feel good in the past 24hrs was going grocery shopping it’s good because you can obviously restock on food for the month. Also went out and did exercise and kept my body in motion instead of being home which sometimes can be unhealthy. Print

Christian November 3, 2020 November 3, 2020
Blog Post; Single Stories Affecting Our Societal Relationships & Behavior 

Single stories begin to affect our relationships with other people when we allow them to influence and dictate how we will behave towards others. The single stories that are most dangerous to society are told about groups of people. These are poisonous to our relationships because, when believed, these single stories can and often do negatively impact the way […]

Victoria November 3, 2020 November 3, 2020
Digital Journal

Something I did over the weekend is catch up on gym work and that shows that I’m making an effort to pass Print

Brendaly November 2, 2020 November 2, 2020 Digital journal
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours i was at my grandmother birthday and we did a party for her Print

Dewry November 2, 2020 November 2, 2020

There are no docs for this view.

Viewing 1-100 of 260 docs