You are viewing all docs.

Filter by: AttachmentsSearchTag

Has attachment Title Author Created Last Edited Group Tags
If you could have any animal feature, what would it be?

The speed of a cheetah to run faster and get from my house to school faster and vice versa. Print this page.

Maxwel October 25, 2021 October 25, 2021
What’s it like to be back in school?

It feels good, I missed being at school, but I don’t know if I like having to do classes again so much but I need to make new friends so I think it’s good. Print this page.

Last 24 hours ? 10/18 .

Today is a new day but i been making up late work because i really wanna pass my classes  by showing that even if my attendance aren’t that good I’m still from home focus on school and doing my work . This week i been behind because things been kind of hard but i been focus mainly in school because […]

Cristy October 24, 2021 October 24, 2021
What Reminds You of Childhood?

Honestly nowadays anything reminds me to my childhood , but one thing that rewinds me to my childhood the most is my bag habits. Lately anytime I catch myself doing something wrong I reflect on times where i made the same mistake in my childhood and where me not fixing them has got me . Lately i been feeling like […]

If the Government Gave You $350 to Spend on Culture, What Would You Buy?

I will definitely buy a flight what’s better way to learn or study another country other than our own government , culture , traditions and even other things that help us learn and appreciate and respect society , diversity what is a big issue in USA today. Taking a flight to places like Mexico , DR and Jamaica its not […]

Yellow Sundresses

A yellow sundress on a warm afternoon when the sun is blazing high in a sky of blue jays. A field of flowers that have the softest petals, blooming to show the color of kitten noses. The breeze seems to want to create a collage of pastels and perfection. Ripples of verdant grass contrast the softest colors of […]

Avery October 22, 2021 October 22, 2021 nationaldayofwriting, prose, writeout
National Day of Writing

There’s an old Victorian style house, with a huge wraparound porch and a tower at the top. It is white with green paint on the shutters, doors, and turret, but the furniture on the porch is emerald green. It is surrounded by dark forest, the house is the only thing visible in the dense fog. At the top of the […]

Jacqueline October 22, 2021 October 22, 2021 nationaldayofwriting
Study anything ?

I will like do to do accounting that way I could start my own business. I never wanted to settle for being somebody else worker but my dream career requires that . I don’t know I want be a flight attended for life but one thing I know wherever I start my family I wanna be able to have my […]

Cristy October 20, 2021 October 20, 2021
Texting habits

Texting is one of the most used communication source . it includes writing and it can include voice notes as well .When it comes to writing a text most teenager and other use street language . We do it so differently from what we will in school,  i make it easier for me by cutting words using abbreviated words like […]

National Writing Day 2021

Question 1: Blue, green, purple. Makes me think of the Northern Lights that you would find in the sky in Alaska in the middle of the night. It’s like beams of light infinitely shining into the sky and you can’t find that here. And it’s only certain times of the year and certain times of the night. Only when specific […]

Avery October 20, 2021 October 20, 2021 writeout
National Day of Writing 2021

Flow in Flow out Baby’s breath, moss lung, cling to the mouth of the cave,  Rustled by her breath, soothed by her voice They are safe here Cool, clear water, winds down her throat  Runs loving hands over slate flesh Carves its own place in coal skin Cradles silver, quartz, gold heart Makes bones and empires out of limestone  Makes […]

Ella October 20, 2021 October 20, 2021 Fall 2021, national day of writing, poetry, writeout
Fun Little Writing Prompts :^)

Question 1: favorite colors – blue green purple      As I stare over the field of grass, the blades rippling in the wind like water, I cannot help but to take in the waves of sunset. My body breathes in the flowing of navy and violet, a sigh releasing from my chest. There has always been a way […]

Jayden October 20, 2021 October 20, 2021 national day of writing
future me

I have an idea of what I want to do, but I have so much relying on me. My dad wanted me to run his business when I am older. I want to open my own resuraunt or become an event planner. Print this page.

Natalie October 18, 2021 October 18, 2021
something you did in the last 24 hours that meke u feel good about yourself ?

In the last 24 hours what I did was do my homework to cook and I also went to the gym and I did a little cardio these things make me feel good witch  myself  because I know that everything what I do is for my oun future Print this page.

Alis October 18, 2021 October 18, 2021
What’s I Did In The Last 24 Hours

The last 24 hours I did is doing my Spanish homework and my NX classes so I can get over with it and move to my next NX classes I need. What its make me feel good about myself is I care my grade and education, and school cause I wants to get out of here and be done with […]

Cristin October 18, 2021 October 18, 2021
last 24 hours

One thing I did in the last 24 hours was I went to a birthday party with my brother because it was my cousin she was turning 23 and we was drinking and smoking and I left like at 3:30 in the morning. Print this page.

Dewry October 18, 2021 October 18, 2021
WHAT YOU DID IN THE PAST 24HRS THAT MADE YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF?

I cleaned my room which was a good relieved because I can enjoy the rest of the week without having to worry about cleaning, which is also hard to keep it clean with a toddler lol. Print this page.

Keily October 18, 2021 October 18, 2021
What Things Remind You of Your Childhood?

Yes some things that remind me as a kid is Just Dance and little pet shops I was so obsessed with just dance and little pet shops since I was love dancing and every time there is a new just dance came out I will go to game stop and brought it, my mom brought me little pet shops i […]

Cristin October 14, 2021 October 14, 2021
my childhood

What things remind you of your ? I remember that the games that I played in my childhood were in the street drawn with chalk, and the food that I always made in my childhood to learn to cook with other friends was spaghetti and I was waching nickelodeon and  kidword’s Print this page.

Alis October 14, 2021 October 14, 2021
what things remind you of your childhood

Something from my childhood that I can remember is the games I played with my cousins ​​and we owed each other a lot and also when I had money to buy candy Print this page.

Yeiro October 14, 2021 October 14, 2021
What Things Remind you of your Childhood ?

My home cook meals remind me of my childhood. It reminds me growing up that was always the food my grandma cook for a big family and we had to serve ourselves and leave for others so we really didn’t eat how much we would like to. Now i can serve myself how much as I want so it brings […]

Keily October 14, 2021 October 14, 2021
What things remind you of your childhood?

A paper popper (idk how to describe it) but it was a paper folded in a way that when u move it fast sounds like (Po!) and it was cool at that time and remind me my childhood Print this page.

Maxwel October 14, 2021 October 14, 2021

one thing that remind me of my childhood is when to DR. I was riding bicycle with my Brother and my Sister in the park and my Dad use to take use to the park every Sunday because it was free day. Print this page.

Dewry October 14, 2021 October 14, 2021
reminder of childhood

something that reminds me of my childhood is when i watch a video from DR that is near where i used to live it gives me flashbacks of what i used to do there back then. Print this page.

Yeury October 14, 2021 October 14, 2021
Squeal (Short)

For thirty years, the butcher carried on his family’s business, not with pride but with a sense of responsibility. He understood his place in the world even though he didn’t necessarily cherish it. He was…comfortable. And that was good enough for him. As per usual, the butcher opened the door to the freezer behind the storefront and was immediately met […]

Shaelyn October 14, 2021 October 14, 2021
last 24 hours

one thing I did in the last 24 hours was I went to the laundry with mom and auntie and we went to clean comforter and the clothes and we went to the laundry like at 5:30 and got out like at 7:00 then we got home and organize the clothes and me and my brother ate something and then […]

Dewry October 13, 2021 October 13, 2021
The last 24 hours

I buy the video game i wanted and i felt good, then i started to play and i keep playing until 9 pm and then i went to sleep. Print this page.

Maxwel October 13, 2021 October 13, 2021
24hrs

in the last 24hrs i was finishing my ela2 work so i can turn it in on time and not be backed up in class. that shows me that i can be responsible for school so i can graduate on time. Print this page.

Yeury October 13, 2021 October 13, 2021
what I did in the last 24 hours ?

what I did in this last 24 hours is cooking, cleaning my house, and finishing my homework. These are my responsibilities, so when I get them done, This says about my self  that I am very responsible Print this page.

Alis October 13, 2021 October 13, 2021
What’s I Did In The Last 24 Hours?

Not going to lie but the past 24 hours I did was chilling and after that i was argument with my sister telling her the truth and that she not always right and need to handle the truth and admit she don’t do anything at home beside being lazy after i was done with her i was just checking stuffs […]

Cristin October 13, 2021 October 13, 2021
$350

If the government gave you $350 to spend on culture, I would buy a ticket to see the alpha desert in the madisonsquare Print this page.

Alis October 12, 2021 October 12, 2021
$350

if the Government gave you $350 I spend on tickets for me and my brother and we go to see El alfa because El alfa is one of our favorite rapper but only because el alfa hands a concerts this month. Print this page.

Dewry October 12, 2021 October 12, 2021
if the government gave $350

if the government gave $350 to spend on a culture , i would spend it on a lot of Italy food. such as pizza and spaghetti because they do the best. Print this page.

Yeury October 12, 2021 October 12, 2021
If the government gave you 350 to spend on culture what would buy you?

If the government give me 350 I will donated it because I have nothing to spend it really since I got items I just got for myself or my family so it better if I give it to someone who needs it more than I do. Print this page.

Cristin October 12, 2021 October 12, 2021
Reunion (Short)

“Dad,” the voice on the other end of the phone whispered, “it’s me. Jamie.” The man was speechless. He hadn’t seen his daughter in nearly fifteen years, but he vividly recalled throwing her fleshless body into the river. Print this page.

Shaelyn October 12, 2021 October 12, 2021
Prospect Park

The brown stone fence that creates a barrier between me and the park. Rusted benches placed strategically along the sidewalk. There’s a performing area for the summer concerts. There’s baseball fields and soccer fields. There’s secret paths that lead to different parts of the park. There’s even a boathouse. Prospect park a beautiful place to go anytime in the year. […]

Jillian October 10, 2021 October 10, 2021
Blue Park

The “Blue Park”, has been around for a long time. It’s been around for my whole childhood and is still around. This park is the “neighborhood park” where most people that live around that area go sit around the park, take their kids out to go play, and much more. This Blue Park is huge. It has swings, a basketball […]

Hatou October 10, 2021 October 10, 2021
The East River

I have lived near the East River for about 9-10 years. Depending on what building and window you are looking out of ,you can see how beautiful the view is. In the fall and winter it does become extremely cold because of living o close to the river. Although in the summer it can be very refreshing when you are […]

Jaylin October 9, 2021 October 9, 2021
should students be allowed to miss school for mental reasons

I think that students should be allowed to miss school because of what health problem, oh if they are tired for any reason Print this page.

Yeiro October 7, 2021 October 7, 2021
Should Students Be allowed to miss school for mental health reasons?

Yes students should be allowed for mental health for many reasons because if they are really going to  anxiety or depression cause mental healthy can cause a lot of damaged to the person. But unless they don’t lies saying I am sick or I am going  through some times cause many people lies just so they don’t be at school […]

Cristin October 7, 2021 October 7, 2021
should students be allowed to miss school for mental health reasons?

students should be allowed to miss school for mental health reasons but students shouldn’t really over do it like missing school for a very long time and come back to school talking about i was sick Print this page.

Yeury October 7, 2021 October 7, 2021

My favorite animal is a Dolphin but I would definitely have a husky eyes. They are truly beautiful, and sometimes they are born with two different eye color, how cool is that? , husky’s are super friendly so why not steal their features lol. Print this page.

Keily October 7, 2021 October 7, 2021
24 hours ago

what I did 24 hours ago what I did was that I went to the mall to buy things for my girlfriend and why did we go because I spent a lot of money Print this page.

Yeiro October 6, 2021 October 6, 2021
Should We Require Students to Get the COVID vaccine

I think that if they should demand the vaccine for students because in truth if they are not vaccinated they can be infected and therefore I think it is better for students to be vaccinated Print this page.

Yeiro October 6, 2021 October 6, 2021
the animal that i will like to have

The animal that I would like to have is a lion or a leopard because the leopard runs fast and they are like a tender cat and in the lion it is the same and because it is the king of the forest Print this page.

Yeiro October 6, 2021 October 6, 2021
Dot Map Analysis

1. What is this source and is it reliable? Why or why not? or explain why it might be both reliable and unreliable. The source of the article is the University of Virginia website. Yes, I believe the website is reliable because it’s a website of a reliable university. 2. What does the Racial Dot Map tell the viewer?   […]

Noah October 5, 2021 October 5, 2021
What are your texting habits

One of the habits that I have when I text is that I put a lot of emogis and I like to send voice notes and I never put a point to my texts. I don’t know why but I don’t like to write a lot I like to talk on a call which is better Print this page.

Yeiro October 5, 2021 October 5, 2021
What are your texting habits?

My habits of texting is all over the place.  I try to make words as small as possible so I don’t have to write a lot. For example, if I want to text ” Hey what are we doing today?” I would text ” Hey wat we doin tday?” or “wtw for today”, which it means “what’s  the word for […]

Keily October 5, 2021 October 5, 2021
What are your texting Habits?

I think is not importance to use proper grammar and punctuation while texting it’s depends on the person actually if it’s was my sister I will write with crazy words but it’s was my teacher I have to use grammar and punctuation . As well I type in Spanish to my parents since they not going to understand any WORDS […]

Cristin October 5, 2021 October 5, 2021
Should we require vaccines for students ?

I believe its against human rights forcing a student to take a vaccine to get a education . I refuse to get a vaccine for many personal and research of my own beliefs . I believe its all a government plan to reduce population and in some kind of way control us. We should have a right to attend places […]

Cristy October 5, 2021 October 5, 2021
How do you get and spend money ?

Currently I’m making money by working in a jimmy jazz.  Also sometimes I keep me a little income with side hustles. I’m a girl who lives alone and independent so monthly my rent and house bills is the main spend I have .  It been hard at some point in the summer I was working 2 jobs to keep up […]

Cristy October 5, 2021 October 5, 2021
Poetry in Progress

9/21 I am a thorn stuck in your side, a briar, a lyre bird on a wire, throat scratched raw from parroting words and songs that were never mine pulled along like hook and line when will I get to make the melody? create my own beat and harmony? “Next year” they tell me “or the year after… you’re only […]

Ella September 21, 2021 October 4, 2021 poetry, Work in Progress
If You Could Have Any Animal Feature, What Would It Be?

I believe if I had the chance to be an animal ill be a dolphin. I never thought of being a animal so since the dolphin is my favorite that’s the first one that came in my mind. First of all because they beautiful but also dangerous in their own way . Also I always wanted to swing with the dolphins because they smart and […]

Cristy October 4, 2021 October 4, 2021
Whats like to be back in school ?

Being back in school has to be one of the most exciting things I have going on for myself right now . Out of everything I’ve been doing for myself lately like working and other productive choices school is definitely one of the most important . I believe being back in school is having a second chance to be better and actually learn and […]

Cristy October 4, 2021 October 4, 2021
Artist Statement By Alaa Omar

My Shadow box represents the dominant and counter narrative of my identity as a muslim, Middle Eastern, arabic speaking woman from yemen. On the outside I decided to put a picture of a woman doing the housework and taking care of the kids because the dominant narrative of my gender and cultural identity is that women can’t work. This dominant […]

Alaa September 29, 2021 September 29, 2021
Brandon’s shadow box

My shadow box represents the dominant narratives and counter narratives about being mexican. On the outside I put the border of Mexico and I put gang members and an image of the tv show narcos because a lot of people think that latinos bring drugs and violence to the u.s but that’s not true. On the inside I put the […]

Brandon M September 29, 2021 September 29, 2021
the last 24 hours

i went to the gym to do cardio.  I did some yoga  and i eaiting some food low in carboidate and fat Print this page.

Alis September 29, 2021 September 29, 2021
My shadow box

My shadow box represents the dominant and counter-narrative of my identities as a Latina woman from Oakland. I decided to make the outside of my box represent dominant and counter-narratives of my identity. I added pictures of former President Donald Trump, because of the racist/sexist thing has said. His words have affected my family and have influenced the opinions of […]

Jazmine September 29, 2021 September 29, 2021
Princess Dam’s Shadow Box

My shadow box represents my dominant and counter narratives as a Chinese American female from Oakland. On the outside, I decided to put Trump because of the hurtful things he said. Some of which affects part of my identities and is a dominant narrative since he is a powerful person with a loud voice. He has said many things […]

Princess September 29, 2021 September 29, 2021
My Shadow Box

My shadow box represents the dominant and counter-narrative of my identity as a Latino Mexican female from Oakland. The outside of my box shows the stereotypes Trump said about Mexicans. This statement made me feel mad because not all Mexicans are bad people. We Are good people who just work to keep our head under a roof and food on […]

Leslie September 29, 2021 September 29, 2021
last 24 hours

one think in the last 24 hours was I when to my grandmother house with my brother and we when to eat there. and then we when home and fix the fan from my room. and that makes me fill good about my self because is good to have a clean fan on your room 24/7. Print this page.

Dewry September 29, 2021 September 29, 2021
24 hours ago

I had a tough 24 hours, I was sad and relieved because I returned my car due to very expensive payments. Sad because it was a beautiful car and relieved because I no longer have to make weekly payments . Print this page.

Steven September 29, 2021 September 29, 2021
What’s I Did In The Last 24 Hours

What’s I did the last 24 hours was went to the beauty store cause I wanted to dye it so when I got home I went and dye my hair after that I ate some food while I have to wait for a minutes to wash my hair and then watch a little bit of tv later wash my hair […]

Cristin September 29, 2021 September 29, 2021
24hours

I got home and my mom was cleaning the house I helped her then when we was done ate (rice and beans). then I started playing my game Print this page.

Yeury September 29, 2021 September 29, 2021
Engage in Multimodal, Intertextual, Social Commenting on a Multimodal, Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Document from the New Library for Writeout that You Can Help Us Build on NowComment

Print this page.

Paul September 28, 2021 September 28, 2021
Should Schools Require Students to Get the Coronavirus Vaccine? Los Angeles became the first major school district to mandate vaccines for students 12 and older who are attending class in person. Should all school districts do the same?

No! you can’t force someone to go against their own rights. Schools or education shouldn’t stop because students don’t want to get vaccinated. It’s our body and our choices. Print this page.

Keily September 28, 2021 September 28, 2021
Should We Require Students to Get the COVID vaccine?

Yes since COVID-19 is dangerous now more people are dying , since now they started to open schools for students we should gets it no matter what even though they saying the shot not doing anything but getting sick , but we should get it for works going out now they saying if any teachers or anyone who has a […]

Cristin September 28, 2021 September 28, 2021
Sarayahs Artist statement

When people see me, they see me as a delinquent girl Because of the way I talk or dress, people mistake me for a delinquent female. The BLM symbol was inserted because it represents my blackness and how people perceive me. I’ve always been informed that because I’m brown, many people assume I’m black. Another Dominant narrative story is […]

Sarayah N September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #blm #metwest #shadowbox #showcase #femalepower
Artist Statement By David

My shadow box represents my identity. On the outside I decided to put the Mexican flag.The Salvadorian flag and the United state flag.I also put an eye color and a male sign. I put everything because that is my race and my gender. These are my assigned identities.On the inside I decided to put a  movie theatre, video games, basketball, […]

David September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #MetWest #ShadowBox #ShadowCase
My shadow box

My Shadow box represents my race on the outside of the Mexican flag. People Stereotype my family like we don’t belong here. A dominant narrative on the outside of my shadow box shows my ethnicity and where I come from. My gender is female and people think hispanic females are emotional because of the way we dress. A counter narrative […]

Sara D September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021
Jaqueline Cabrera’s Artist Statement

Artist Statement By Jaqueline Cabrera     This shadow box represents my identity. The outside of my box represents how others view me also known as the dominant narrative. On the outside, I decided to add a pink background, and to society, that’s a girl color and I am viewed as a girl. I decided to add a female sign because […]

Jaqueline September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #MetWest #ShodowBox #ShowCase
Sheryll Perez Artist Statement

On the outside of my shadow box I decided to put a female symbol because when people see me they see a female or a girl. I also added two drawings of women in dresses because they represent my assigned identity. I also added on the outside a man with a tattoo because the first thing people think […]

Sheryll September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #MetWest #ShadowBox #ShowCase
Santiago’s Shadow Box

Artist Statement By Santiago Hurtado   My shadow box represents some dominant and counter narratives and it shows who I am as a person. In my shadow box I have the Guatemalan flag and the Hounduran flag. A dominant narrative about being Guatemalan, Honduran is that they are both short(like in height) and that we are irrelevant. I put the […]

Santiago E September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #shadowbox #49ers#thatswsp#guate#honduras
Michel’s identity

My shadow box represents the way females are stereotyped by dominant narratives. On the outside, I decided to put a lot of pink and ‘’girly’’ things. I also added “perfect girl bodies.” On the inside, I also decided to include my race, gender, and my religion. All of these things are part of my identity. My chosen identities are that […]

Michel September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #MetWest #ShadowBox #ShowCase
big Muffin

My shadow box represents me. On the inside I put what iI care for and my interests, showing who I am. I feel proud of my ethnicity and where I am from. A dominant narrative about my race and gender is that young Hispanic males are perceived as more violent. Counter narrative about being a young hispanic male Is that […]

Juan J September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #metwest #shadowbox #showcase #poland #mexico
Who I am by Tyree Anthony

Artist Statement By Tyree Anthony   My given identities are that I am a black male. Also my name is Tyree Anthony. My chosen identities are represented in the shadow box that shows who I am. My shadow box is full of anime and games and a broken controller. These show that I like games and anime and that I […]

Tyree I September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021
artist statement

My shadow box represents who I am and what’s important to me. On the top of the box I put the Mexico flag because when people see me they think my ethnicity is Mexican, and they’re not wrong. On the inside I have the Salvadorian flag because not everyone knows I’m Salvadorian, so these are assigned identities. I also have […]

Ariel S September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021
Aniya”s work.

When people see me they see a tall Black female. Those two assigned identities are true. They don’t tell people who I am. The outside of my box represents the dominant narrative that I’m shy and have dark skin. All the images inside of my shadow box represent my counter narratives.  I decided to put a picture of me […]

Aniya R September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #MetWest #ShadowBox #ShowCase
last 24 hours

One think i did in the last 24 hours was on Saturday it was my cousin bday and she tern 18 and all my family when to my house we was eating, drinking, and smoking. then we stay all night drinking and i when to sleep at 7 in the morning. Print this page.

Dewry September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021
Shadow Box

My shadow box represents my chosen and assigned identities. The outside represents my assigned identities or things you can see in my appearance. The glittery top represents my sparkling attitude and intellect. The Black power fist and saying “Black Lives Matter”  represent the dominant narrative that my race is Black and my ethnicity is African-American. While these dominant narratives are […]

Zuri September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #MetWest #ShadowBox #Showcase #Shoebox
Get to Know About Quennie

Artist Statement By Quennie Boreliz   When people look at me they see a short Asian that is loud. That isn’t enough for a stranger to see the full picture of me. My assigned identities represented in my shadow box is that I’m Filipina, female and short. I’ve decided to put the Filipino flag on the outside of my box […]

Quennie A September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #MetWest #ShadowBox #ShowCase
What’s I Did In The Last 24 Hours?

For the last 24 hours I did was completed all my NX works so I can gets to my other works I need to get done also a play I was doing for block 2 I needed to get it done by today (Monday) which I did that already. A other thing I did was Cleaning, Cooking for my brother […]

Cristin September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021
MY SHADOW BOX

Artist Statement By Brandon   My shadow box represents me, my culture and family. On the outside of my box, I decided to put my gender, culture, nationality and ethnicity. On the inside of my box, I decided to put my interests, hobbies and things I like. My assigned identities represented in this shadow box are my race which is […]

Brandon September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021 #MetWest#Shadow Box#ShowCase#Beaner
something you did in the last 24 hours that made you feel good about yourself or weekend

This weekend was calm and good Saturday i worked as usual and after i went to a candle lighting for a friend who died last year . my friends nd i chilled for a little than i went home . sundae was my rest day i stood home and cleaned all day literally . Also i was kind of upset […]

Cristy September 27, 2021 September 27, 2021
How do you get money and spend money? Are you working right now? What is the best thing you spent money on recently?

I get money through my dad and family, but I don’t currently work. The best thing I spent on lately was decorating my room because it needed a changed. I wanted a glam room so spent a lot of money buying white night stands , white lamps, white sheets , white table and a lot of crystals and grey decorations. […]

Keily September 23, 2021 September 23, 2021
How do you get money and how do you spend it.

Well the last time I work was in public color in Manhattan the only way I gets the money was Saturday and Sunday I go to Bronx, Manhattan or Brooklyn It’s depend which one they give you so after I get to the School we start having talk and then we gets our paint brush start painting for 7 or […]

Cristin September 23, 2021 September 23, 2021
how u spent your money

I spend my money buying clothes and also I am saving to buy a car to be able to work easier and faster I am working in royal prestige that is about kitchin products and I really like my job because is about talking to people and that’s something i like that is interact with people   Print this page.

Yeiro September 23, 2021 September 23, 2021
This Is my body

This is my body, An african-American male, Skin and eyes shaded brown, This is my body, Spirit and might full of confidence, Mind and soul full of strength,  Everyone may have their opinions, Yet it doesn’t phase me. Black melanin magic, Bold and outstanding, I’m talked about because I’m elite, I’m hated upon because they feel inferior, I’m out of […]

Ahmir September 23, 2021 September 23, 2021
Blog post!- Should the School Day Start Later?

I chose this topic because, I agree with the title in some sense. I just feel like this argument has been an ongoing subject for years. Also, I felt that this article would have a  good enough reasoning as to why school should start later, or whatever they chose to say. I learned that many teenagers are very similar as […]

Mia B September 22, 2021 September 22, 2021
what i did the last 24 hour

the last 24 hour I was in the hospital because I had a medical appointment and then I had to take my girlfriend to the hospital because her back hurt and then i had to go work, after work I when home and when to sleep next day I’m here in school. and the make me feel good about myself […]

Yeiro September 22, 2021 September 22, 2021
24hours

yesterday i was walking out of school and this elderly lady was walking across the street but she struggling walking across the street and i ran to help walk across the street because there were cars waiting and she was causing traffic. that made me feel good about myself  because i know im a helpful person. Print this page.

Yeury September 22, 2021 September 22, 2021
What’s I Did In The Last 24 Hours

What’s I did in the last 24 hours I got home took a fresh shower , got my computer start doing my homework , call my grandmother to said happy birthday after that I got my food my mom just cook and later I wash my hair and start walking tv with my brother , listen to music last thing […]

Cristin September 22, 2021 September 22, 2021

In the past 24hrs i got a smiley piercing. That makes me feel good about myself because it boots my self esteem. It makes me feel more beautiful and more like myself. Print this page.

Keily September 22, 2021 September 22, 2021
something you did in the last 24 hours that made you feel good about yourself

One thing i did today that made me feel good about myself was coming to school. school started more than a week ago & i haven’t attended at all , for dumb reasons because nothing should be more important that school right now . im 19 and its time for me to get my self together and graduate so i […]

Cristy September 22, 2021 September 22, 2021
My Background Photo

I selected my background photo to represent the sport I play, which is basketball. I could have simply searched on Google for a photo of a basketball, but I wanted the photo to more representative of my team and how we interact with each other. This photo was taken when we were amidst a rival game and it shows the […]

Emme September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021
My Background Image

For my background image I wanted to create something custom as well as aesthetically pleasing. I had one of my friends choose a color and I would design an aesthetic from that. The color she chose was burgundy, more specifically the color code #800020. I wanted to add images and designs that would look professional as well as allow for […]

Emily September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021 journal
My Background Image

My background is a picture of space. I chose this for two reasons, the first of which is really simple: I like space. Space is beautiful and mysterious. Space scares me, but it also fascinates me. The second reason is I think that space sort of shows my personality. Cold, dark, and empty… Just kidding! When I think of space, […]

Joshua September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021 journal
My Background image

The main reason I chose my background was because I enjoy flowers and nature. I liked how the image blended into each other. It looks like it supposed to be there when I look at my wall. I have always liked that type of flower, and I feel like it matches me. I usually do change cover photos a lot, […]

Katie L. B. September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021 journal
My Background Image

I’m not sure if I’m going to keep this one or not because it cropped kind of weird. I picked something fashion-y because that’s what I like. Vogue is the most notable magazine publication for fashion, so it’s something most people should recognize. I think it is a good representation of my interests and I guess this blurb is too. […]

Jacqueline September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021 journal
“What Role Have Books Played in Your Life?”

I was intrigued by this article, firstly, because of how undefined my relationship with reading is, and secondly because I was very interested to know what this article about the role of reading would relate to the former president of the United States; Barack Obama. To answer a question directed at the readers at the start of this article, yes, […]

Phaedra September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021
My Background Image

My background image is art done by the famous anonymous artist Banksy. This specific piece was done in Los Angeles on the side of  a building. It depicts a mouse/rat holding a paintbrush dipped in red paint. Next to it in crude writing are the words, “I’m out of bed and dressed, what more do you want?” I chose this […]

Rachel September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021 journal
My background image

My new background image is a photo of a sunset from the internet. I chose this background because I love watching the sun set, as it shows the day is done. As the day wraps up and turns to night, the sunset shows that all will be well. The sight of a sunset calms me, and helps me think about […]

Isabel September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021 journal
my background

I chose this background because it is my senior parking spot! I spent about four hours in the making of it and I truly loved every moment in doing so. My parking spot was my first indicator and milestone of my senior year at Silver Creek High School. It is meant to be a depiction of the Rick and Morty television […]

Destiny September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021 journal
How/Why I Chose My Background Image

For a bit of background, my background image is a picture of people taking a picture. The people in the picture are myself (even though I am not very visible), along with my friends Austin, Gavin, Riley, Matthew, Simon, Gavin, Braxton, and Dustin. It was taken by another one of our classmates while we were on our “senior retreat” in […]

Ethan September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021 journal
How and Why I Chose My Background Image

I chose my background image about a year ago when we first started actively using Youth Voices Live. I wanted to pick something that was symbolic of what we hope to create in the classroom (whether this be Room 407 or any other place I might go in the future). The idea of a lighthouse is one that resonates with […]

Paul Hankins September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021 journal
My background image

I choose my background photo because I like collages. There can be a color theme or an aesthetic theme. I choose this one because I liked the different images that were in it. I had some troubles trying to find the photo. I wanted a collage that had different things that I liked on it. I also wanted it to […]

Emma Kate September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021 journal
Why This Background?

I chose this particular background image in the most reduced sense because I simply like frogs, but there is more to it when not put in that reductionist sense. Part of the reasoning behind that image was because I like frogs and I wanted the background image to tell a little bit about me and what I enjoy as a […]

Daniel September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021 journal
If you could have any animal feature what would it be?

A Cheetah because not only they are super fast but they can build for speed , also they don’t roar they just purr like cat especially they have super power so it’s will be cool to have power. Their eyes help them hunt for food also they love fast food and don’t drink as much so why I can related […]

Cristin September 21, 2021 September 21, 2021
Mr. Hankins Running Record of a Year

21 September 2021: Tuesday Morning Paul Allison has helped us navigate Youth Voices this morning. I am excited to see our students entering into social media-like applications for the purposes of authentic writing and learning. Creating communities and portfolios are something that is transferable from our classroom to other classrooms. Here, the material a student can create at Youth Voices […]

Paul Hankins September 19, 2021 September 21, 2021
what’s it like to be back in school

Back at school feels kind of weird because we really don’t know who is sick or if they are really vaccinated but at the same time we are fine I feel good because I can learn more than one thing and I also don’t like to walk with the mask but you have to put it on to prevent […]

Yeiro September 20, 2021 September 20, 2021
What’s is like to be back to school?

Many teenagers are back in school for the first time since March 2020. Whether they’re happy to be there or not, most agree nothing feels “normal”. The first day of school is stressful under the best of circumstances picking the right outfit, navigating hallways and making new friends. And that’s when there isn’t a pandemic. My biggest fear while coming […]

Cristin September 20, 2021 September 20, 2021
What’s is like to be back in School?

Being back to school kinda feels a little rough but mostly glad to be back on track. So far have a positive mind , feeling productive and motivated. Everything seems to be running smoothly , kids are more behaved and on the same environment not so like last year before the pandemic. I’m a little mad because of new phone […]

Keily September 20, 2021 September 20, 2021
blog post

the article I chose was https://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/should-the-school-day-start-later/ I choose this article because I was just trying to find a topic I might agree on or know about and this one caught my eye, I learned that sleeping may help teenagers more than you think for example research at the University of Minnesota shows that having a later start makes students mental […]

Isaiah September 20, 2021 September 20, 2021
“This is My Body” Poem

Print this page.

Christian September 19, 2021 September 19, 2021
Are You the Same Person on Social Media as You Are in Real Life?

I chose this topic because I believe that it is both very interesting and many people have differentiating opinions on the topic. I am one to have a generally solid opinion on this, and it is very interesting to hear other’s opinions and experiences. When reading this article, I learned about the experience writer Caroline Gilpin has had on social […]

April September 18, 2021 September 18, 2021 #socialmedia #newyorktimes
My thoughts on the article, “Is Snapchat a Revolutionary Form of Social Media?” by Caroline Crosson Gilpin

I chose to read this article because I particularly don’t agree with what it is claiming and that is good. I like to branch out on my views and read about things that I might not agree with to get a feel of their viewpoint. I had used Snapchat years before and didn’t find it all that alluring, tiresome even. […]

Joshua September 15, 2021 September 15, 2021
my subject- are people different online vs in real life?

I chose this topic because I know a lot of people that act a different way when they are online talking to be but they act so different in real life when we hang out, and i would like to know if it was just awkward or if this is just an issue.   I learned that a lot of […]

Kailey September 15, 2021 September 15, 2021
What role will robots play in our future?

What role will robots play in our future? I chose this topic because I found it the most interesting and one that I could easily write about. Robots interest me and I think that it is a good question to think about. Robots can help us and could use anything we can think of with enough time. There are 1000 […]

Levi September 14, 2021 September 14, 2021
Working the Walls on Youth Voices

1.  Make status updates three times a day on your own wall and on group walls where you are a member. Add images, GIFs, videos, audio, and short messages like on Snapchat, Discord, Instagram or Twitter. Each comment or reply on NowComment   2. Invite others to become friends and accept friendship requests on Youth Voices: Your teacher Others you […]

Paul September 12, 2021 September 13, 2021
My Profile Pictures

The photo I have set as my profile picture is QuarterJade. QuarterJade, also known as Jodi, is a Twitch streamer I have been watching who inspires me. You can frequently find me on Twitch as one of my hobbies as well. I also just find this particular photo pretty cool.   My profile banner is just a grey colored background. […]

April September 11, 2021 September 11, 2021 #twitch
My profile photos

I chose to use myself on my profile picture as it’s the picture I took when I first got here to the island so it’s a reminder of how far I’ve come since that day. I want people to see me as a fun person who’s not afraid to get in a deep conversation. How that affects me, it acts […]

Joshua September 9, 2021 September 11, 2021 journal
My profile picture

I choose this profile photo because it is a really funny photo of me and it mirrors my personality. The reason why I chose this profile photo was that it also shows what I look like without a mask. I also wanted my profile picture to not be so serious and as more of a comedic effect. I chose my […]

Djati September 10, 2021 September 10, 2021 journal
My Profile Picture

I chose a wolf for my profile picture because I really like wolves. I would say that I have characteristics of a wolf, like a large family and protecting my territory and family. I also have Wolf in my name. Print this page.

Levi September 9, 2021 September 9, 2021
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because I enjoy the darkness of this color immensely and putting it as the avatar reminds me that I can be just as capable as I make myself, and I want people online to see me as reasonable and just. I also feel that this is a dominant color, so I wanted my […]

Phaedra September 9, 2021 September 9, 2021
My Profile Pictures

I chose my profile picture because it’s one of my favorite video game characters, Basil from Omori. Also, it’s nice art, and I think the photo looks nice. I really like the colors. I chose my cover photo as my dog, Drama. It’s important to me because he’s my best friend. A photo of him laying there really captures who […]

Kira September 9, 2021 September 9, 2021 journal
My profile picture

My profile picture is Mr. Ohare. He is my idol. He is who I aspire to be. my profile cover is GOD because I aspire to be a Facebook mom in the body or Mr ohare. Print this page.

Kailey September 9, 2021 September 9, 2021
M profile pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because I love to watch sunsets and take pictures of them. And I want people to see me as a normal person, I also feel that sunsets are so calming and pretty so I wanted it as my profile picture. I chose this image as my cover photo because I love anything marble, […]

Adriana September 9, 2021 September 9, 2021 journal
My Profile Pictures

I chose Dee Gordon as my avatar because he is my favorite MLB player and I want people to see me as Triston. I also feel that I chose Dee Gordon because I was happy. So I wanted my profile because he looks like he’s happy and having a good time. I chose this picture as my cover photo because […]

Triston September 9, 2021 September 9, 2021 journal
my profile pictures

I chose this picture as my profile picture because I like the way it looks and I want people online to see me as someone who skates. and I chose this image as my cover photo because it is my favorite picture of the sunset I’ve taken this image is important to me because it was a fun night Print […]

Isaiah September 9, 2021 September 9, 2021 journal
New curriculum!

My name is Maya and I’m with the US 100 Million Campaign, a global youth led mobilization campaign calling for every child to be free, safe and educated. The 100 Million campaign, together with the world’s largest student-led organizations and survivors themselves, have co-created a project designed for student learning. As part of the collective effort to tackle child labor […]

Maya August 28, 2021 August 28, 2021
Copy of General Discussion Response

Dear <First Name of Poster>: I am <adjective showing emotion> <by, about, with> your <post/poem/essay/letter/image…>, “<Exact Title>,” because… <add 2 or 3 sentences> One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “<Quote from the message.>” I think this is <adjective> because… <add 1 or 2 sentences> Another sentence that I <past tense verb> was: “<Quote from message>.” This […]

Paul August 23, 2021 August 23, 2021
Questions, Concerns, Ideas, Proposals, Thoughts… about Activity Posts or Status Updates

What are you wondering about Activity Posts or Status Updates? Print this page.

Paul August 22, 2021 August 22, 2021 Digital Discourse
Copy of Agree/Disagree Response

Dear meritza: I am <adjective showing emotion> <by, about, with> your <poem/post/image/letter…>, “<Exact Title>,” because… <add 2 or 3 sentences> One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “<Quote from the message.>” I think this is <adjective> because… <add 1 or 2 sentences> Another sentence that I <past tense verb> was: “<Copy a sentence or line from the post.>” This stood out for me because… I <do/don’t> <adverb> agree with […]

Paul August 20, 2021 August 20, 2021
My Personal Inquiry

How can we encourage a growth mindset amongst students regarding Computer Science? How can we motivate students to believe that they too can engage in Computer Science? People usually say that those able to do Computer Science are those that are either of a certain race, gender, economic standing or level of intellect, but I wonder what has made them […]

Aniya August 3, 2021 August 19, 2021 and All About Me, computational thinking, journal, personal inquiry
Response to Mirseda’s Description of a Child

Dear Laura: I was really touched by your description of Amira in your post “Amira, One of Our Students” because you painted a very compelling picture of a sensitive child. I am sad that Amira seems to give so much more respect for others than she receives from her peers. Reading your review I felt that Amira had someone who […]

Paul August 18, 2021 August 18, 2021
Response to Laura’s Description of a Child

Dear Laura: I enjoyed your description of Keila in your “Description of a Child” because I felt like I could picture her via your words. I also appreciated how strengths-based your approach was in this description and the way you noticed small details that might have eluded many of us. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: […]

Paul August 18, 2021 August 18, 2021
Description of a Child

Nahla is a 10th-grade student at a transfer high school in NYC. She recently transferred from a selective middle/high school where she had missed more than 100 days of school. Parents and teachers report a high level of school anxiety despite strong grades and test scores in elementary school and strong contributions when present in school. Focusing questions: How can […]

Jennifer August 18, 2021 August 18, 2021
Abigail’s personal inquiry

What is coding ? People usually say that Coding is a skill where you take instructions (the steps in a task) and translate it into a language the computer understands since computers do not communicate like humans. , but I believe coding is a creative way of using computer keys and commands in a creative manner to create simplified and […]

Paul August 18, 2021 August 18, 2021 computational thinking, journal, LUTE-STEM
Copy of Project: About Me (Scratch – Mouse Create)

Project: About Me 0 – Missing or unidentifiable 1 – Does not meet standard 2 – Meets Standard 3 – Exceeds Standard 1. About Me planning document The planning document accurately lays out the look and functionailty of the final Scratch Program. All fields in the document have been answered with accuracy and includes a sketch of the final program. […]

Paul August 18, 2021 August 18, 2021
My Personal Inquiry

How can parents support the development of computational thinking in young children? People usually say that children are too young to develop computational thinking, but there are age-appropriate computer programs and activities that can help introduce computational thinking in young children. Computational thinking can be defined as taking a complex problem, breaking it down, and finding possible solutions to it. […]

Maritza August 16, 2021 August 16, 2021 computational thinking, journal, personal inquiry
Description of a Child

Keila is seven years old. She is in first grade and attends a public school located in the Bronx. Keila is from the Dominican Republic. Her first language is Spanish. She also understands and speaks English, but most of the time, she speaks Spanish. She lives with her father and grandmother, and she loves to talk with others about her […]

Laura August 14, 2021 August 14, 2021 journal
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because I love all flowers and I want people online to see me as a gardener. I feel proud of all my plants and flowers I have grown throughout the years and I love the fuschia pink of my Zinnia. I also feel that it is so beautiful and full of petals that […]

Jessica August 10, 2021 August 10, 2021 flowers, garden, journal, Zinnia
My Digital Journal/Priscilla’s Digital journal

July 19th, 2021 I chose this image as my avatar because it represents me as a teacher, and I want people online to see me as a teacher. I also feel that/like how I want my classroom to look/feel and, so I wanted my profile picture to look like this because it gives me inspiration on how my future classroom […]

Priscilla August 9, 2021 August 9, 2021

Priscilla August 9, 2021 August 9, 2021

Priscilla August 9, 2021 August 9, 2021

Priscilla August 9, 2021 August 9, 2021

Priscilla August 9, 2021 August 9, 2021

Priscilla August 9, 2021 August 9, 2021

Priscilla August 9, 2021 August 9, 2021
Something I did today

I wake up in the morning, made my bed, brush my teeth, had my shower, had my breakfast, went to church, and started doing my assignments. Print this page.

Priscilla August 8, 2021 August 8, 2021
My About Me (Scratch – Mouse Create)- Maritza Merino

Project: About Me 0 – Missing or unidentifiable 1 – Does not meet standard 2 – Meets Standard 3 – Exceeds Standard 1. About Me planning document Did not complete any of the fields in the planning document. Completed 1 or 2 fields from the planning document. Completed the majority of the fields in the planning document. The planning document […]

Paul July 31, 2021 August 5, 2021
Journal about me

1.I chose this image as my avatar because I really liked this character and the character inspire me to do more. I want people online to see me as a person who likes making friends and supporting. I also feel like a nice, and a supportive person, so I wanted my profile picture to look like a hero and a […]

Cleyber August 5, 2021 August 5, 2021
Response to Nile’s “My Personal Inquiry” Reflection in the Algorithms Playlist

Dear Niles: I was so excited to read your “My Personal Inquiry” post because it posed critical questions that I think can be forgotten in our excitement around new technological capabilities. I see multimodal literacies and the use of technology as potentially powerful tools for inclusion, but I think they can also be means of exclusion if we are not […]

Paul August 5, 2021 August 5, 2021

Project: About Me 0 – Missing or unidentifiable 1 – Does not meet standard 2 – Meets Standard 3 – Exceeds Standard 1. About Me planning document The fields of the planning sheet are not filled out. There is no sketch included reflecting the final program. Only some fields of the planning document are filled. The sketch on the planning […]

Paul August 2, 2021 August 3, 2021
Descriptive Review of my Student

My 9th grade student Davi Flores that I worked with last year had trouble socially interacting with others in the classroom. They were afraid to advocate whenever they didn’t understand something in class. Because they didn’t like to talk verbally in either the Zoom or Google Meets, we would just allow him to communicate with us through text in the […]

Nile August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021
Something I feel Good About

Something I feel good about is that yesterday my coworkers surprised me with a cake because it is my last week working there. Like them, I am sad to leave but at the same time happy to start a new journey in what I am more passionate about. Print this page.

Maritza August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021
Something I feel Good About

Maritza August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021
Something That I Feel Good About

Something that I feel good about is that I have finally gotten more of a handle with time management! It was an area that I was struggling with because it felt like I had a lot of things on my plate and was always rushing to do everything almost on a last minute basis. Now, I have actually become consistent […]

Aniya August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021 Something you feel good about
Something I did today that makes me feel good about myself.

Something that makes me feel good is being able to wake up and have the opportunity to see and enjoy one more day with my family… Print this page.

Laura August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021 journal
Something that I feel good about

Today was a meaningful day for me, after two years of not being able to be together with my family, we organized a party at the beach altogether. I was able to laugh, hug, and being near each other. I was so happy because I came to Albania just to be able to reconnect with all my family members. It […]

Mirseda August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021
Something that I feel good about

Mirseda August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021
Something I feel Good About

Spending quality time with family. Being able to complete my assignment. Talking to my family and friends.   Print this page.

Priscilla August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021
My reflection today

I am really encouraged with the progress that Cohort Two residents are making.  I love the way the facilitators have worked to “connect the dots” and help residents make sense of all of the good ideas and tech tools that are being “thrown at them.” Print this page.

Niki Fayne August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021
Copy of Speculating on an Inquiry

Why do some think that teaching is easy? People usually say that working as a teacher or an educator is easy because you have short hours, weekends off, and summers off. Although most people might assume that and think this is true, in actuality they couldn’t be more wrong. Working as a teacher or an educator is not easy at […]

Paul August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021
My Personal Inquiry

08/02/2021 Although the About Me project in Scratch was great, there was one thing that I wondered about as I was working on this assignment. How would students with disabilities or special needs be able to participate and do this type of project. For students who are blind and visually impaired for example, I wondered how would they be able […]

Nile August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021

Project: About Me 0 – Missing or unidentifiable 1 – Does not meet standard 2 – Meets Standard 3 – Exceeds Standard 1. About Me planning document The document exceeds standards by giving students the opportunities to create an interactive project. 2 The document doesn’t show or identify how students with disabilities or special needs will be able to participate […]

Paul August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021
Response to Khurram’s Algorithms Inquiry and Reflection

Dear Khurram: I am intrigued by your post, “Scratch Programming: My Starting Journey”, because it connected to a number of issues that I am interested in as well. I also resist the emphasis on testing and the accumulation of decontextualized knowledge. Your focus on this through the lens of the value of examples helped to broaden my thinking on this […]

Paul August 2, 2021 August 2, 2021

Paul August 1, 2021 August 1, 2021
About Me Project Rubric (Laura Duran)

Project: About Me 0 – Missing or unidentifiable 1 – Does not meet standard 2 – Meets Standard 3 – Exceeds Standard 1. About Me planning document The planning document doest not lay out the look and functionality of the final Scratch Program. The project is missing sketch of the final project. The planning document lays out some of  look […]

Paul July 31, 2021 August 1, 2021
My personal Inquiry

Why is important to know Scratch? People usually do not agree with the idea that Scratch he’s students to develop computational thinking, but I all the time propose parents to let their kids express their ideas and what they know through Scratch, where their learning can become more attractive while they use their thinking. I explain that some topics in […]

Mirseda August 1, 2021 August 1, 2021 and All About Me, computational thinking, journal, personal inquiry
My personal Inquiry

Paul August 1, 2021 August 1, 2021
Copy of Copy of Copy of Project: About Me (Scratch – Mouse Create)

Paul August 1, 2021 August 1, 2021
Copy of Copy of Project: About Me (Scratch – Mouse Create)

Paul July 31, 2021 July 31, 2021
My Personal Inquiry

Why should students learn through examples rather than through direct information? People usually say that students do not need to learn abstract concepts at early ages and just need to know how to prepare for exams, but instead examples should be used a building blocks to help students reach an engagement towards abstract learning.? Does this mean that students can independently […]

Paul July 31, 2021 July 31, 2021

Project: About Me 0 – Missing or unidentifiable 1 – Does not meet standard 2 – Meets Standard 3 – Exceeds Standard 1. About Me planning document The planning document is missing most information for the look and functionality of the final Scratch program. Their is no sketch of the final program on the planning document. The planning document only […]

Paul July 31, 2021 July 31, 2021
Response to Marina’s Inquiry on Her Scratch Project

Dear Marina:  I am interested in your inquiry post “Marina’s Scratch Funhouse” because I am also thinking about the relationship between computational thinking and the writing process. Your suggestion of starting with using Scratch in playwriting makes a lot of sense to me because drama is such a visual medium. I think you are right that it would be helpful […]

Paul July 29, 2021 July 29, 2021
About Me Project Rubric

Project: About Me 0 – Missing or unidentifiable 1 – Does not meet standard 2 – Meets Standard 3 – Exceeds Standard About Me planning document Major elements are missing or there is no planning document at all. One element of the document might be missing. There is no clear link between the planning document and the final outcome. The […]

Jennifer July 27, 2021 July 27, 2021 Rubric

Today is Monday a new week begins full of duties for me. As a mom and student, I have a lot of things to get done before 4 P.M ! It makes me feel good that I was able to complete all my responsibilities in the time frame I have. Now I can sign in to my Monday meeting without […]

Laura July 27, 2021 July 27, 2021 journal
Something I did today

I woke up at 6:00 am, clean my room, had my breakfast, and started doing my summer class assignment. At 11:00 am I went to the grocery store, made my lunch. After that, I filled out some forms, continued with my assignment. At 4:00 pm joined the zoom meeting call. Print this page.

Priscilla July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
Nile Gayle Digital Journal : 1 Thing I did that I’m Proud of

07/26/21   One thing that I did today that made me proud is that I called a resort that my girlfriend and I’ll  be staying at a few weeks to make sure that my name was still in the system on the reservation list. I had checked the confirmation number with the airline and say the flight but no list […]

Nile July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
Something I Did Today

Something I did today that makes me feel good about myself is that I was able to sit down today and spend some time helping my toddler complete a class activity. My son has a little cold and was not able to attend school today for that reason. The benefit of him staying home is that I was able to […]

Maritza July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
Something I did today

So I woke up with a ‘to do list’ of 6 items, I am currently on number 5 I am so happy I did all considering some I have been procrastinating. The may  seem like everyday tasks but knowing the way I get stressed out about things I feel relieved to have achieved them. Also I was able to get […]

Oluwatoyin July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
something I did today

Today, something I did for myself that I often forget to do is make sure I eat lunch. I also made sure to eat fruits as I committed to doing for my diet. Last week I had a week vacation from work and I did not eat as healthy as I’d like to eat so it felt good to do […]

Elijah July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021 journal
something I did today

something I did today

Something I did today that makes me feel good about myself

Let’s see — I’m happy that Marina and I worked hard to pivot from our original plans and over one weekend to build an entire playlist and room on Kumospace. These playlists usually take about a week to create, and both of us stood up (if I can use that phrase) at different times to get it done. I finished […]

Paul July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021 journal

I am happy that I can still push myself and pull all-nighters if I wanted to. I recently was backup on work and today had to pull an all-nighter in order to catch up. I felt that recently I would not be staying up as late as I did when I was in high school and that upset me because […]

Khurram July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
Something I did today that makes me feel good.

Today I celebrate my son’s birthday. He turned 3 years old, I am a proud mum, and seeing him happy gave me happiness. I just came from his birthday party and seeing everyone happy and being together with my sister after 23 years was a wonderful feeling. When we open our hearts and celebrate we are in peace with our […]

Mirseda July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
All About Me Rubric and Personal Inquiry

How can computational thinking be authentically integrated into writing workshop? People usually say that computational thinking is more connected to math and science, but I think that the inclusion of computational thinking, computer science, and coding into a writing unit will open a tremendous amount of doors for young writers who may have never considered the possibility of Scratch as […]

Marina July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021 all about me, computational thinking, journal, personal inquiry
Speculating on an Inquiry

<Pose a question.>? People usually say that <Finish this phrase with the standard answer(s) that most people give for your question.>, but <Speculate (consider or think curiously about; suppose, propose, or wonder) about how this standard answer might not be correct, complete, clear, or helpful.>? Does this mean that <State something else that seems to be true — and in opposition to the […]

Paul July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
Project: About Me (Scratch – Mouse Create)

Paul July 26, 2021 July 26, 2021
First Scratch project

This was the first project I made after some time away from Scratch. Print this page.

Paul July 21, 2021 July 21, 2021 Scratch
Testing…

Testing…Testing…   Testing…Testing… Print this page.

Paul Allison July 20, 2021 July 21, 2021
Did I open this up for authors now?

Print this page.

Paul Allison July 20, 2021 July 20, 2021
Does this work?

Print this page.

Paul July 20, 2021 July 20, 2021
Scratch-Surprise

If I do this I could reflect here too. Print this page.

Testing…

testing again. Print this page.

Nile Gayle Digital Journal

July 18th 2021 I choose the picture of myself as an avatar because it’s one of my favorite pictures that I took last year that I love. It represents my mood and feeling which is usually happy most of the time. I decided to choose the cover photo of Kobe Bryant because that also represents me as well. Although Kobe […]

Nile July 18, 2021 July 20, 2021
Testing from a teacher account

Ok? Print this page.

Paul Teacher July 20, 2021 July 20, 2021
Testing…

Can I add files? No… Print this page.

my profile picture

I choose my profile picture because that was a picture of me from a recent birthday, my 15th to be exact. it was one of my favorite pictures of me that my mom took and then as a gift too me my best friend edited it for me. It was really nice of here because I need a nice profile […]

Robyn July 15, 2021 July 19, 2021 journal
My Digital Journey

I chose this image as my avatar because it represents me so everyone can see my picture and, and I want people online to see me as a smiling face that   I like to have fun and to be happy. I also feel that happiness is something that I wish for everyone so I wanted my profile picture to send […]

Mirseda July 15, 2021 July 15, 2021
Profile Pic

This reasoning behind my pfp (Profile Picture) was because the anime from where the character is from is one of my favorites since watching. If you don’t know Sanji (pfp character) is from One Piece. Why I chose him out of all the characters is because I just hadn’t used him as a pfp yet while I have used the […]

Caleb July 15, 2021 July 15, 2021
My Digital journal

I chose this picture as this was a time when I had all the time in the world to myself before kids and on holiday in Paris I chose this picture as its one of the clearest pictures on my new phone that was backed up from old drive, most of my pictures of recent times have my kids in […]

Oluwatoyin July 15, 2021 July 15, 2021
BLM Protest Issue

BLM is a great organization that stops police brutality. Heres a link to more information. –BBC on BLM Print this page.

Jai July 14, 2021 July 14, 2021
My Profile Picture

I chose this image for my avatar because it is the only image I found on my phone of myself. I realized that all the photos I have on my phone are of my children. And for my cover photo, I chose this image because I love nature and having this image makes me feel peaceful and grateful for what […]

Laura July 13, 2021 July 13, 2021 First Day
My profile picture

I chose this image as my avatar because it is picture I took with my daughter  and I want people online to see me as as mother who has nurturing capabilities ,I also feel that as a teacher nurturing should be one of your great assets , so I wanted my profile picture to look like a mother in her […]

Abigail July 13, 2021 July 13, 2021 #Mother #Teacher #Life of a teacher
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because this is what I currently look like and I want people online to see me as a happy person. I also did not have any pictures on my laptop saved so I took a quick one on the spot. I choose this picture as my cover photo because I love owls. This […]

Maritza July 13, 2021 July 13, 2021
Greetings!!

Just testing this out and hoping that it all goes on my wall correctly! Otherwise, I am doing well today!!   Kudos Print this page.

Justin July 13, 2021 July 13, 2021
Should Pit Bulls be Banned?

Breed-specific legislation, which are laws that regulate or ban certain dog breeds with the hope to decrease dog attacks, are widespread in the United States. This doesn’t sit well with me because I have a dog that is a pitbull, and he isn’t vicious or violent at all. I believe that the owner of the dog should be responsible for […]

Juan July 12, 2021 July 12, 2021
test fixrunner

tets Print this page.

Paul July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Growing up in New York

I was born in New York City and have lived there ever since. I moved once when I was two but I can’t remember it that much. Ever since then I haved lived downtown. I first went to preschool in Chinatown because it was close to us. After that I went to elementary and middle with my sister. I went […]

Elena July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Three Paragraphs About Me

My name is Alexandria,I am 16 years old,born on April 18,2001.I was born here in Aurora,Co.It’s important to know that i’m just now starting to drink coffee(iced) and its helps me wake up,now i see why people drink it.I am in love with PNB Rock(a singer/rapper).Something big that happened to me was leaving my mom in Texas to come back […]

Alexandria July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Art Keeps It Interesting

My name is Christopher. I was born in 2002, on June 23rd, so that makes me 17 years old. I’ve lived my whole life in New York, bouncing from place to place a few times in life, but I finally settled in the Bronx for a good eight or so years. Important things to know about me are that I’m […]

Christopher July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Cancel Culture

Raise your voices   Media and message – https://create.piktochart.com/output/55156356-my-visual Print this page.

Karen July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Cancel Culture

Raise your voice Critical Courageous Conversation- Cancel culture orginated in black culture mainly used to stand up to their oppressors and those in power. The entire concept of cancel culture itself was first brought up in 1991 and has been part of society for many years. In recent years cancel culture has been used to hold social media influencers accountable […]

Karen July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Three Paragraphs About Me

Paul July 9, 2021 July 9, 2021
Paying College Athletes Meme

Check out this meme I made. https://imgflip.com/i/5fvyuv Print this page.

Elgin July 8, 2021 July 8, 2021
Paying College Athletes links

https://hyp.is/txGsBOA2EeuXz2NJXTwgyg/www.procon.org/headlines/paying-college-athletes-top-3-pros-and-cons/ https://hyp.is/gzdxjuA2EeumZz-knQ0yrw/www.procon.org/headlines/paying-college-athletes-top-3-pros-and-cons/ https://hyp.is/B3h8WuA2EeuMEqsiwvuT-g/www.procon.org/headlines/paying-college-athletes-top-3-pros-and-cons/   Print this page.

Elgin July 8, 2021 July 8, 2021
Paying College Athletes

For years college athletes have not been able to participate in profiting from their likeness. Neither does the NCAA pay them. Only fewer than 2 percent of college athletes going pro and making money. Yes, college athletes should be preparing for the real world with education. It also could be said that since they are playing at a high level […]

Elgin July 8, 2021 July 8, 2021 College Atheletes
The Nonexistent Discussion about Mental Health- Why Does It Matter?

As I sit here finding myself back to square one with this document, it seems that a new question is on the docket as o why mental health may be important. In all honesty, I am actually glad that this question is asked because it’s time that someone finds this question as easy to answer as I do. The reason […]

Marina July 8, 2021 July 8, 2021
Chicano assesments

Taking Back the Schools, directed by Hector Galan Walkout, written by Victor Villasenor; directed by Edward James Olmos   What do you learn from the documentary and the film?   Somethings I learned from the documentary and the film was that they walked out of class not caring what the teachers thought. Also that the Chicanos got locked in the room […]

Luis July 7, 2021 July 8, 2021
Are Businesses Really Responsible?

Have you ever thought about how the people who make your clothes were being treated or paid? Many companies and businesses don’t treat their workers as you think they would. With such a high demand for fast fashion, many companies cut corners on safety for their workers and treat them terribly. Businesses may force workers to work overtime with no […]

Jennifer July 7, 2021 July 7, 2021
Taking Back the Schools & Walkout

Taking Back the Schools, directed by Hector Galan Walkout, written by Victor Villasenor; directed by Edward James Olmos   What do you learn from the documentary and the film?  (one paragraph) What I learned from the documentary and the film is how Chicano students had to fight for a fair education. For example Chicano students would not get the same […]

Jennifer July 7, 2021 July 7, 2021
Fast Fashion Essay

Name: Luis Cabrera Date:6/28/21 English 1 Summer 2021   Fast Fashion Responsibility Who do you think bears the responsibility for fast fashion and the problems it has with ethically made clothing? In case you don’t know what fast fashion is or how it works, it is businesses mass-producing clothing designs that move quickly from the catwalk to stores to take […]

Luis July 7, 2021 July 7, 2021
Fast fashion

Did you know the 1.4 trillion global fashion sector is responsible for 8% of global greenhouse emissions? But who is responsible for letting fast fashion cause pollution? There’s many options as to who can be letting this happen. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because they often ignore human rights, have a lot of power […]

Jonathan July 7, 2021 July 7, 2021
Precious Knowledge: Revolutionary Education

You may write short, bulleted responses to the following questions.   What context/background is presented? Wanted something better  Graduation was super low for Latinos   Latinos felt Unwanted Not engaged in school Why did they start the Hispanic Studies Program? Improve the education of Latinos Increase graduation rates Help latinos feel wanted Help latinos engage in school What characterized the […]

Mariah July 7, 2021 July 7, 2021
How to set up a Web Story as a Digital Portfolio

On the Youth Voices home screen, hover over the section Member’s Wall. When the drop-down menu pops up, Click on “Create or Edit a Web Story.” A new tab will open. Search through the Web-Stories until you find “Navarro – Portfolio.” Hover over the title, “Navarro – Portfolio.” Three Vertical Dots will appear. Click on the three vertical dots. When […]

Paul July 7, 2021 July 7, 2021
The Lemon Grove Incident

Presection (Mexican Parents) Arguments: language was an excuse because most of them spoke english some mexicans dont all live on the mexican street     Defense (School Board) Arguments: the school was closer to home the mexican are slower they segragatte the mexicans saftey   Judges decision: not to be segragetted   The docu-drama, The Lemon Grove Incident by Paul […]

Mariah June 30, 2021 June 30, 2021
The Lemon Grove Incident

Prosecution (Mexican Parents) Arguments: Didn’t think it would be fare for only one teacher to teach for grades and for the whites get different teachers for the all four grades don’t segregate the white students when behind but segregate the Mexican students were sending mexicans to the new school even though their english was flaunt live on the […]

Ariana Lilia June 30, 2021 June 30, 2021
The Lemon Grove Incident

Essential Question: Why are the events of the Lemon Grove Incident important What is the school Board concerned about, and what do they decide?   The struggle to end school segregation is usually in 1954 at the Supreme Court case of Brown vs. Board of Education many of the nations earliest desegregation cases occured On July 30 1930 they were […]

Diana June 29, 2021 June 30, 2021
The Lemon Grove incident

Essential Question: Why Are the events of the Lemon Grove Incident Important?   What is the School Board concerned about, and what do they decide? The school board was concerned about mexicans being in their schools,  So they decided to create a new school   Mexicans Lived just outside lemon grove People their tried to keep little contact with mexicans […]

Edward June 29, 2021 June 30, 2021
The Lemon Grove Incident

Essential Question: Why are the events of the Lemon Grove Incident important? What is the School Board concerned about, and what do they decide? The school board was concerned about there being too many Mexicans in school. Worried about the diseases they might have and that they were too slow. Decided to build a separate school for the Mexicans. What […]

Jennifer June 29, 2021 June 30, 2021
Drafts, revise, and Edit Essay Here

Name: Kevin Mondragon Date: 6/28/2021 English 1 Summer 2021 Who’s responsibility should it really be? Government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because human lives are being endangered by unethical businesses, they have the power to write laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money. Human […]

Kevin M June 28, 2021 June 30, 2021
The Lemon Grove Incident

Why are the events of the Lemon Grove Incident important?  What is the Board concerned about, and what do they decide? about too much mexican children going to the same school as the white children to do a separate school for the mexican children would think the mexican children were too slow to learn would think it would be beneficial […]

Ariana Lilia June 29, 2021 June 29, 2021
Lemon grove video

What was Lemon Grove like during this time period? grow lemons & oranges seeking jobs They lived on olive street What was school like during this time period? they always had parties They had americanization classes What do the Mexican parents discuss? There fighting whether to go along with it or not They wanna rebel but some are saying no […]

Luis June 29, 2021 June 29, 2021
Lemon grove video

Print this page.

Luis June 29, 2021 June 29, 2021
The Lemon Grove Incident

Essential Question: Why are the events of the Lemon Grove Incident important?  What is the School Board concerned about, and what do they decide? They think they’d do better spread out into other schools They said Mexicans have diseases They said Mexicans would slow them down They’d rather Mexicans be at a all Mexican school just for them What was […]

Marisa June 29, 2021 June 29, 2021
The Lemons Grove Incident

Essential Question: Why are the events of the Lemon Grove Incident important?  What is the School Board concerned about, and what do they decide? They are concerned about the amount of mexican children in school They decide to request separate schools for mexican children They were concerned they were slowing the white children in school down They concerned about what […]

Kevin M June 29, 2021 June 29, 2021
Not sure

Alexander Cardona 6/28/21 English 1    Businesses bare the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because  they often ignore human rights, have a lot of power to shape consumer ideas and they have to compete with other businesses who are attracting consumers because they have ethical business practices.   Businesses don’t care about the conditions the workers are […]

Alexander June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Draft, revise, and Edit Essay Here

Name: Marisa Cordova Date: 6/28/21 English 1 Summer 2021                                                                          Title       The businesses are a part in the Fast Fashion for certain […]

Marisa June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Draft,revise, and edit essay here

Edward 6-28-21 Summer 2021   Title       fast fashion , do you think you should be responsible for how the clothes you buy are made? First off what is fast fashion? In the fashion industry fast fashion is the the production of clothing products being made faster at lower prices.  Most of the time the clothes you buy […]

Edward June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Paragraphs

Paragraph 1: introduction Hook Background Thesis ( with 3 categories) Paragraph 2 first body paragraph Explain your 1st category Give evidence from at least one source Explain & elaborate upon your evidence Make sure everything is supporting your thesis Paragraph 3: second body paragraph Explain your 2nd category Give evidence from at least one source Explain & elaborate upon your […]

Marisa June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Draft, Revise, and Edit Essay Here

Name Date English 1 Summer 2021   Title Who do you think bears the responsibility for fast fashion and the problems it has with ethically made clothing? In case you don’t know what fast fashion is or how it works it is businesses mass-producing clothing designs that move quickly from the catwalk to stores to take advantage of trends. But […]

Luis June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Draft, revise, and Edit Essay Here

Ariana Ocej0 6/28/21 English 1 Summer 2021 Title Businesses are allowing unethical clothing being put out in shops because it     Print this page.

Ariana Lilia June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Draft , revise, and Edit Essay Here

Name: Jennifer Acosta Date: June 28, 2021 English 1 Summer 2021 Title   Print this page.

Jennifer June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible thesis Statments

Government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because the environment is getting polluted, they have the power to write laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods ethically produced because they often ignore human rights, have a lot […]

Marisa June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Essay Structure

Paragraph 1 Introduction Hook Background Thesis ( with 3 categories) Paragraph 2 First Body Paragraph Explain your first category Give evidence from at least one source Explain and elaborate upon your evidence Make sure everything is supporting your thesis Paragraph 3 Second Body Paragraph Explain your second category Give evidence from at least one source Explain and elaborate upon your […]

Jennifer June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible Thesis Statements

Government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because  the environment is getting polluted, they have the power to write laws , and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because they often ignore human rights, have […]

Edward June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible Thesis Statements

Government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because the environment is getting polluted, they have the power to write laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money.  Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because they often ignore human rights, have a […]

Kevin M June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Outline

Paragraph 1: Introduction Hook Background Thesis (with 3 categories) Paragraph 2: First Body Paragraph Explain your 1st category Give me evidence from at least one source Explain & elaborate upon your evidence Make sure everything is supporting your thesis Paragraph 3: Second Body Paragraph Explain your 2nd category Give evidence from at least one source Explain & elaborate upon your […]

Kevin M June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible thesis statement

Governments bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because the environment is getting polluted.  They have the power to write laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because they don’t keep up with their factories […]

Luis June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible Thesis Statements

Government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods and ethically produced because the environment is getting polluted, they have the power to write the laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because only care about money. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because they often ignore human rights, have a […]

Jennifer June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible Thesis Statements

Government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because human life and our environment are being damaged by unethical businesses, they have the power to write laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because they […]

Possible Thesis Statements

The government bears the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because human life and our environment are being damaged by unethical businesses, they have the power to write laws, and they are the only ones who can enforce ethical production because businesses only care about money. Businesses bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because […]

Diana June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Possible Thesis Statement

Businesses bare the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because  they often ignore human rights, have a lot of power to shape consumer ideas and they have to compete with other businesses who are attracting consumers because they have ethical business practices   Consumers bear the most responsibility for ensuring goods are ethically produced because human rights are […]

Alexander June 28, 2021 June 28, 2021
Class Study or Inquiry

Recently in <Subject area> we’ve been studying <topic/question/issue>. At first, I thought <What were your first thoughts on this topic/question/issue? Look back at your first pieces of writing/annotations/questions.>. When I <saw/read/played/heard…> <a specific resource> I started to think <How did your thinking shift or change?>. I know that many people feel that <What do some people say about this topic/issue/question?>. After doing this study, <What do you think about […]

Paul June 26, 2021 June 26, 2021
Kristoff´s assertion

Kristof´s assertion is that many of the workers wanted to work at a sweatshop rather than the job that they were working at, they even said that their dream job would be working at a sweatshop because it was better than working where they had to look or search through trash. The workers said that because some weren’t able to […]

Marisa June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Where sweatshops are a dream

People don’t always live the life they want to live, every country is different either there, bigger, richer, smaller, or poor. “I’d love to get a job in a factory,” said Pim Srey Rath, a 19-year-old woman scavenging for plastic. 2“At least that work is in the shade. ” This quote is explaining, that 19 year olds want to get away […]

Alexander June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristof’s- Constructed response

Kristopher asserts that the poor people are not the problem of them not exploiting enough sweatshops. Kristopher argues that ” sweatshops usually go not to the poorest nations but better-off countries with more reliable electricity and ports.” There aren’t many Sweatshops but their more reliable for the people to sustain a life that will better benefit them. For example, Sweatshops […]

Diana June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristof’s Constructed Response

Prompt: What is Kristof’s assertion and how does he support it? Kristof’s asserts that the workers scavenging for plastic should be able to work at a better and safer job like a sweatshop although, it isn’t the best job it’s still better than scavenging. In paragraph 3 Kristof states “I’m glad that many Americans are repulsed by the idea of […]

Kevin M June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristoff Constructive Response.

What is Kristoff’s assertion and how does he support it? Kristoff’s assertion is that sweatshops really aren’t that bad and it might actually be considered a good job for Cambodians.  In paragraph 5 it says “The miasma of toxic stink leaves you gasping, breezes batter you with filth, and even the rats look forlorn.”  The toxic stink in the garbage […]

Michelle June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristof´s Constructed Response

Kristof’s assertion is that sweatshops aren´t as bad as many people think they are.  Kristof writes, ¨But while it shocks Americans to hear it, the central challenge in the poorest countries is not that sweatshops exploit too many people, but that they don’t exploit enough.¨ He states this because the biggest challenge most poor countries go through is not being […]

Veronica June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristof Constructed Response

Prompt: What Is Kristof’s Assertion And How Does He Support It? Kristof’s assertion is that sweatshops in poor countries are actually justifiable and that people need to stop being against them. Kristof explains that although many people might be shocked to hear this, “…the central challenge in the poorest countries is not that sweatshops exploit too many people, but that […]

Edward June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristof’s Constructive Response

Prompt: What is Kristof’s assertions and how does he support it? Kristof asserts that sweatshops are not necessarily a bad thing and they need to have more support in places where they are beneficial like very poor countries. Kristof writes, “But while it shocks Americans to hear it, the central challenge in the poorest countries is not that sweatshops exploit […]

Jennifer June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristofs constructed response

Kristof asserts that sweatshops would be better in poor countries where working conditions are the worst. Kristof writes, “Talk to these families in the dump, and a job in a sweatshop is a cherished dream, an escalator out of poverty, the kind of gauzy if probably unrealistic ambition that parents everywhere often have for their children.” He writes this because […]

Luis June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Kristoff’s constructed response

Prompt: What is Kristof’s assertion and how does she support it? Kristof’s asserts that working in a sweatshop factory is better than working at garbage dumps. Kristof’s writes,“I’d love to get a job in a factory,” said Pim Srey Rath, a 19-year-old woman scavenging for plastic. 1“At least that work is in the shade. Here is where it’s hot.”  He writes this […]

Mariah June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
Edwards claim.

I have to agree with Edward. I also believe the consumers are at fault because by buying clothes from the company we are supporting them and basically saying it is okay they leave their factories in that poor condition. As consumers, we should be researching if our clothes are ethically produced. Print this page.

Michelle June 25, 2021 June 25, 2021
McCullen constructed response

According to McCullen, companies hold the most responsibility for ensuring our clothes are ethically manufactured. McCullen also writes “The sad fact behind the building collapse in bangladesh in which hundreds died is that it isnt an isolated problem.” For example, Print this page.

Jonathan June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Future Post

In this article ” Bangladesh factory collapse: Who really pays for our cheap clothes?” Its showing that the workers that pay for our cheap clothes, want to even after the accidents that happen to their factories. In the text it says, “It isn’t the responsibility of the consumer to feel guilty about buying what is readily available in shops.” These […]

Alexander June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen Constructed Response

According to McCullen it seems that the businesses are responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured because if it was to be the consumers in what way it only would be  consumers checking where it came from and making sure it’s coming from but mainly the business because they are the ones making the products and they should […]

Marisa June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Future Post

According to to McCullen’s article the brands are responsible for ensuring that the products are ethically made. McCullen claims that the responsibility has to fall somewhere and that “the  United Nations guiding principles on business and human rights says that it falls jointly to states and mass corporate businesses…” she states this because she wants to show how its clearly […]

Edward June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen-constructed response

According to McCallen Brand’s responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured. Consumers in the provisional idea of having an unsafe budget had an effect on this because they “lived on the poverty line”. This makes a huge impact on the consumers they mostly consumed them to buy even though they didn’t have the money for it. But can […]

Diana June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021 My opinion on why they think this ? for being the brands fault
McCullen Constructed Response paragraph

Prompt: According to McCullen who is responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured? McCullen thinks that the brands/factories are responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured. McCullen says, “Business must stop just holding up hands to say: ‘It is not our fault – they bought it.’” She wrote this because of how businesses are so quick […]

Jennifer June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Future post

According to McCullen the people who are responsible for ensuring our products are ethically manufactured are the states and mass corporate businesses.  In paragraph 15 it states “the United Nations guiding principles on business and human rights says that it falls jointly to states and mass corporate businesses to “protect, respect and remedy” human rights.” The United Nations guiding principles say the […]

Michelle June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen Constructed Response

According to McCullen the people that are responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured are the factories because they are the ones that produce them so they should be the ones to be on check with the material that they use. McCullen says, ” Business must stop just holding up its hands to say: “It is not our […]

Ariana Lilia June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Future Post

According to McCullen the businesses and brands are the ones responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured. McCullen writes, “It isn’t the responsibility of the consumer to feel guilty about buying what is readily available in shops. ” she states this because if businesses would’ve just treated their workers properly they wouldn’t have to think twice about having […]

Veronica June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen Constructed Response

According to McCullen who is responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured? According to McCullen the people who are responsible for ensuring our products are ethically manufactured are the states and mass corporate businesses.  In paragraph 15 it states “the United Nations guiding principles on business and human rights says that it falls jointly to states and mass […]

Michelle June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen Constructed Response

Veronica June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Future post

McCullen says that the businesses are responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured. McCullen writes, “…brands continue to look for ways to race to the bottom on prices, and sadly this involves cutting corners on health and safety. Brands will by no means admit to this”.  She writes this because the businesses keep looking for low prices but they […]

Mariah June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen Constructed Response

Prompt: According to McCullen who is responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured?   According to to McCullen’s article the brands are responsible for ensuring that the products are ethically made. McCullen claims that the responsibility has to fall somewhere and that “the  United Nations guiding principles on business and human rights says that it falls jointly to […]

Edward June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen Constructed Response

Jennifer June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McMullen Constructive Response paragraph

McMullen asserts that the people who are responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured should be the companies that make the clothes. McMullen writes “The story will leave the headlines at the end of this week but on Monday hundreds of thousands of workers will return to factories that are frankly further tragedies waiting to happen, and will […]

Luis June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McMullen Constructed Response

Alexander June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McMullen Constructive Response

Luis June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
McCullen constructed response

Prompt: According to McCullen who is responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured. McCullen says that the businesses are responsible for ensuring that our products are ethically manufactured. McCullen writes, “…brands continue to look for ways to race to the bottom on prices, and sadly this involves cutting corners on health and safety. Brands will by no means admit […]

Mariah June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
How Your Addiction To Fast Fashion Kills-Sample Constructed Response

Prompt: What does Odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, ¨Sustainable fashion writer and consultant Amy DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.¨ She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Marisa June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
How Your Addiction To Fast Fashion Kills- Sample Constructed Response.

Prompt: What does Odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writer and consultant. Any DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.” She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Samantha June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
How Your Addiction to Fast Fashion Kills- Sample Constructed Response

Prompt: What does Odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writers and consultant Amy DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.” She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Jennifer June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021

Prompt: What does Odell assert and h0w does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writer and consultant  Amy DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.” She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Diana June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021 ACE PARAGRAPH SAMPLE
How your addiction to fast fashion kills

prompt: What does odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, “sustainable fashion writer and consultant Amy DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.” She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Jonathan June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
How your addiction to Fast Fashion kills- Sample Constructed Response

Prompt: What does Odell assert and how does she do this?      Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for.  Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writer and consultant Amy DeFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.”  She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions […]

Michelle June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
How your addiction to fast fashion kills- sample constructed response

Prompt: What does Odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for.  Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writers and consultant Amy Dufault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.”  She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Veronica June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021

Prompt: What does Odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writer and consultant Amy DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism”. She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of many […]

Mariah June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
How Your Addiction To Fast Fashion KIlls -Sample Constructed Response

Prompt:What does Odell assert and how does she do this? Odell asserts that fast fashion is a major problem that businesses and consumers must take responsibility for. Odell writes, “Sustainable fashion writer and consultant Amy DuFault has come to think of shopping as a form of terrorism.” She writes this because of the extremely poor working conditions of  many factories […]

Edward June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Profile Pic

I chose this picture as my profile picture because Wanda is my favorite character in WandaVision. Print this page.

Ingrid June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Quoting a Source in a Comment

Dear <First Name of Poster>: I am <adjective showing emotion> <by, about, with> your <poem/post/image/letter…>, “<Exact Title>,” because… <add 2 or 3 sentences> One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “<Quote from message.>” I think this is <adjective> because… <add 1 or 2 sentences> I’m learning more about <a keyword to describe what both the poster and you are studying> right now, and in particular what I’m wondering about […]

Paul June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021
Copy of General Discussion Response

Dear Yamile: I am interested and in agreement of the value of  your post  “What Happens to the Plastic that we Recycle into Blue Bins?”  because I think of this often as well.  I have seen commercials of how straws, plastic lids, and other plastics get bundled up, and shipped to other countries, not being recycled at all, OR finding […]

Paul June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021 Recycling and shredding, Yamile response
My Profile Picture

I chose the avatar image as this was my experience working with kindergarten to first graders, during the summer, in Mexico at the American School Foundation.  I loved this because I was able to experience working with younger children, (I am a high school librarian and work with high school students and it is nice to work with a different […]

Harry Brake June 24, 2021 June 24, 2021 journal
The True Cost – Documentary

NOTES We used to make %95 of our clothes now the U.S. only makes 3% other countries make our clothes. a building collapsed in Bangladesh tried their best to search for survivors The owner didn’t want to do anything about it. killed more than 1000 in a fire in Bangladesh 100 people died and then in another fire 8 people […]

Michelle June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
The True Cost – Documentary

Notes The impact that has greed, fear, and power extends all around the world of how connected we are To ever change the things that are wor in objective to clothing The social impact of clothing, color, texture the way it filled with emotion Trends in personal communication about feelings towards clothing It has been a fashion system throughout the […]

Diana June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
The True Cost Documentary.

the us use to make at least 90% of the clothes and now it only makes 3%  1,200+ died at the ramea plaza many workers were hurt because they didn’t evacuate the factory had many problems like fires and building callping cutting safety messers the impact that has greed fear poor working conditions and wages farmer and workers are not […]

Savannah Camela June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
The True Cost – Documentary

The US use to make 95% of clothes and now they make 3%. There was 1200+ death and Rana Plaza Cutting safety measures Limited power Wants everyone to take responsibility for the deaths they tried to start a union but got beaten for it What stood out to me about this documentary is how the workers were being treated. This […]

Jennifer June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
The True Cost – Documentary

Notes the us used to make 95% and now we make 3% of the fashion if you were to pay someone in the US to make clothes it would be much more money if someone from another state would do which would be 2-6 cents the building the workers were working in were horrible causing it to collapse and killing […]

Ariana Lilia June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
The True Cost-Documentary

until the 60’s we made about 95% of our clothing, today we only make about 3% of our clothing Cheaper clothing means that its most likely outsourced Cutting safety measures are becoming more common in factories making it very dangerous for workers there thousands of  people are dying because people refuse to do anything about the buildings that are collapsing  […]

Edward June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
Ten Facts about Fast Fashion

1. of water to produce/make shirts 2. Fast fashion is a pollution to the world 3. a lot of text tone is wasted/used 4. cotton helps reduce wasting money 5. We don’t use clothes forever we eventually buy more 6. The fashion industry contributes around 10% of all global greenhouse gas emissions 7. washing clothes can release microplastics 8. 20% […]

Marisa June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
Ten Facts about Fast Fashion

Fast fashion: cheap in-style clothes are Fast fashion It goes the runway to the streets super fast Creating styles for the next trend to the next season or month stores it away in getting rid of clothes often It takes 2,700 litres to produce one cotton T-shirt, it may equal 2,700 gallons of water Nearly 20% of the global wastewater […]

Diana June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021 The amount of clothing in the united states
Ten Facts about Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion: Cheap in-style clothing 1 shirt = 2,700 gallons of water 20% of global wastewater Most rivers in the world are filled with chemicals dumped by textile factories millions of tonnes of textile end up in landfills each year  Less than 1% of clothing is recycled into new clothes, if not recycled that’s a loss of 100 billion worth […]

Veronica June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
ten facts about fast fashion

“Fast fashion” is cheap, in style clothing. 2.  Fast fashion is one of the worlds greatest polluters. 3.  Millions of clothes end up in landfills each year. 4.  Less then 1% of clothing is recycled into new clothing. 5. we only use clothes 6. The fashion industry contributes around 10% of all global green house gas emissions 7. Washing clothes […]

Jonathan June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
Ten facts about Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion: Anything in style, affordable, and on runways is FAST FASHION. Takes a lot of water to produce clothes. (1 cotton T-shirt= 2700G of water) The most polluted rivers in the world are filled with chemicals dumped by textile factories. Landfills are filled with clothes we don’t want anymore. Wasted clothing. Clothes are only 1% recycled into new clothing […]

Michelle June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
Ten Facts about Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion: cheap, in-style clothing and it goes from runaway to high street faster than you say “is this a good idea” It takes lots of water to produce our clothes. Many people think that Fast Fashion is the second most polluting in the world.  In the UK alone, approximately 300,000 tons of clothing ends up landfills each year. Less […]

Ghaleb June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
10 facts about fast fashion

Fast fashion  cheap and in style clothes goes to the runway to the streets very fast takes lots 2,700 gallons of water to produce a shirt 20% of global water is produced by the fashion industry polluted rivers in the word are caused by factories of clothes the clothing that goes to the landfill each year is 140m because clothes […]

Ten Facts about Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion: Cheap in-style clothes It takes lots of water to produce clothes(20% of global wastewater) It is one of the worlds greatest polluters Landfills full of clothing Less than 1% of clothing is recycled into new clothes We only use clothes for approximately 2 years The fashion industry contributes around 10% of all global greenhouse gas emissions Washing clothes […]

Jennifer June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
Ten Facts about Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion: inexpensive in-style clothing  It takes a lot of water to produce cloth (2,700 liters to produce one cotton T-shirt) and 20% of the wastewater in around the globe is produced by the fashion industry a lot of the most polluted rivers in the world are filled with chemicals dumped by textile factories. 3 million tons of textile waste […]

Edward June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
Ten Facts ABout Fast Fashion.

Fast Fashion – cheap instyle clothes.  1. 2,700 gallons of water to produce our clothes  2.20% of global wastewater is produced by the fashion industry 3. Fast fashion is one of the most polluted rivers in the world.  4. Millions of tonnes of textile waste end up in landfills each year. 5. less than 1% of  clothing is recycled into […]

My Clothes

I buy clothes at most 3 times a month.  Most of the time I pay for it with the money I have earned.  If there are good sales I spend almost all my money.  The prices I am hoping to get for shirts are $14-20.   I pay usually $29-46 for jeans but most of the time they’re full-priced which is […]

Michelle June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
My clothes

I don’t really like to go buy clothes often unless I need something then i’ll probably go with my brother. I usually pay for my own clothes. I don’t really know how to decide on how much to buy like if I go for thing and I see something that’s good I might end up getting. For the prices I […]

Ghaleb June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
My Clothes

I buy clothes not too often I buy them when I really need them like monthly basically. My parents pay for my clothes and sometimes I pay for them. The prices I am hoping to get for tops for a decent pric Bottoms same things 10-20 dollars. And shoes at least 100-200 hundred dollars. I think the people that are […]

Marisa June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
My Clothes.

I buy my clothes like probably every three mounts. My parents sometimes buy my clothes but a good couple of times i have my money that i have saved so i could buy my own clothes. At first i get the clothes that i like then i add up all the prices to see how much it would come out […]

My Clothes

The persistence of clothing is alternatively pricey. When it comes to clothes I tend to buy them once a week, since it may be expensive when getting the type of clothes for anything special. The technician of clothing is bought from my dad’s pocket. He tends to buy the clothes for me, every once a week. When there is nothing […]

Diana June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021 Clothing
My Clothes

I often buy clothes twice every two weeks. I usually pay for it. I always get 2 shirts or 1 shirt and one pair of pants. I spend around 15-30 on a shirt. I spend around 50-100 dollars on pants. I usually spend 50-100 dollars on shoes. hopefully, the people making them get paid more than the price of the […]

Veronica June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
My Clothes

I don’t buy clothes very often. Sometimes I pay for my clothes and sometimes my mom or sister pays for my clothes. I decide how much clothes to buy based on if I need something or not. The prices I hope to get my tops, bottoms, and shoes for is something that is a good price. I think that the […]

Jennifer June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
my clothes

i buy clothes every month but mostly when i come back to school from summer. My mom mostly pays for my clothes every paycheck she gets she tries to buy me what i need. i usually try not to go over two hundred dollars. I would usually pay thirty dollars for a top. Print this page.

Jonathan June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
My Clothes

I Don’t buy clothes that often, maybe like 3-5 times  every school year. Usually I am the one who pays for my cloths but sometimes my parents pay for it. I decided how much to buy depending on how much money I have to spend. Usually for a T-shirt the max for me will me 20-25 dollars and for a […]

Edward June 23, 2021 June 23, 2021
My clothes

I would say i buy clothes every other 3 or 2 weeks. My mom is the one whos pays for the majority of my clothes but if i do have holiday/birthday money i will buy my clothes. The prices i would hope to get my tops is around 20 depending on the type of blouse for my bottoms i would […]

Copy of General Discussion Response

Paul June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My profile pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because flowers are pretty. I think flowers are pretty because they are basic. My avatar is a flower field because I like flower fields and would wanna go to a flower field one day. I chose this image as my cover photo because I liked how the design looked like a honeycomb. I […]

Jennifer June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021 journal
General Discussion Response

Paul June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures.

The reason why i chose a butterfly as my avatar was because butterflies are my favorite there just so beautiful with all there different multi colors. I want people to see me as a calming person because butterflies are one of the most calming insects out it the world. I had chosen butterflies  as well because one of my family […]

Savannah Camela June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My profile pictures

i chose this image as my avatar because megamind is cool. megamind remind me of myself- because i have a big head. Megamind is one of my favorite movies to watch. I chose my back round picture because i like the ocean. The ocean is peaceful. Print this page.

Jonathan June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because it is my favorite singer and the types of songs that he writes are many that I could relate to. I want people to know online to see me as a chill person… I feel that way because it’s the type of person I am. So i wanted to make my profile […]

Marisa June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures

Marisa June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My profile picture

I chose this image as my avatar because my favorite rapper is polo g, and I want people online to see me as a person that likes polo g’s music. I also feel that polo g is one of those rapers that has a song for any mood, so I wanted my profile picture to look like polo g to […]

Luis June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021 journal
My Profile Pictures

I Chose this imagine as my avatar because I really couldn’t think of what else to put. This imagine is an album cover of one of the artists I listen to. I also like that the picture has a clean design and its not to extra and i wanted my profile to look simple but good.  I chose this imagine […]

Edward June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021 journal
My Profile Pictures

I’ve chosen a photo from the Karate Kid movie because I like the movie. I also want to let people online to know that I’m into old films like Karate Kid. I feel that the film is a classic so I wanted my profile picture to look like the Karate Kid. I chose an image of The Clash as my […]

Samantha June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021 journal
My Profile Pictures

I chose hope as my profile picture because this gives me a measure of hope. The people may have doubt about themselves when coming to a difficult situation. Every time something like bullying comes into our lives we tend to lose that faith and strength. Tell ourselves we can’t do anything about it. Which may excuse all because of the […]

Diana June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021 journal
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because the Raiders are my favorite team and Josh Jacobs is my favorite player from the Raiders. I want people online to see me as a Raider fan, and know i’m true to the team. I also feel like i had no clue of what to put as my profile picture, so i […]

Alexander June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021 journal
My Profile Pictures

I chose this image as my avatar because it’s a building in Mexico that I’ve been to that I really liked. I want don’t want people to see me at all to be honest I don’t care for people to notice me. I also feel that it’s beautiful part of Mexico, so I wanted my profile picture to displace the […]

Sara June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures

Print this page.

Lucy Adamari June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures

Print this page.

Alexander June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures

Print this page.

Marisa June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My profile pictures.

Print this page.

Kevin R June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
My Profile Pictures

Print this page.

Diana June 22, 2021 June 22, 2021
Journal entry

my parents support me because they always tell to go to school and do good and never get in trouble Print this page.

Dewry June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
Journal entry

it doesn’t matter what hair cut people use is there rule to get what they want Print this page.

Dewry June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
Journal entry

one think i did this week was watching movie with my brother and my mom all day Print this page.

Dewry June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
Journal entry

when people ask me where are you from i told them i am from the Dominican replublic a place with culture and where people go to visit for vacation and from where i from is call Azua and where i go  to be with friends and share a laugh and also to be with my family. Print this page.

Dewry June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
Journal entry

one think i did in the past week was going to the plaza with my mom and my brother we when to buy shits and some stuff for my grandmother and them we when home. Print this page.

Dewry June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
Journal entry

something i did in the last 24 hours is i was watching movies with my brother and the movies that i was watching is the x-men Print this page.

Dawry June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
My Three Habits of Mind (Early Summer 2021)

4. Thinking Flexibly 11. Creating, Imagining, and Innovating 16. Remaining Open to Continuous Learning Print this page.

Paul Hankins June 17, 2021 June 17, 2021
Agree/Disagree Response

Dear <First Name of Poster>: I am <adjective showing emotion> <by, about, with> your <poem/post/image/letter…>, “<Exact Title>,” because… <add 2 or 3 sentences> One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “<Quote from the message.>” I think this is <adjective> because… <add 1 or 2 sentences> Another sentence that I <past tense verb> was: “<Copy a sentence or line from the post.>” This stood out for me because… […]

Paul June 4, 2021 June 16, 2021
Copy of Agree/Disagree Response

Dear <First Name of Poster>: I can still edit I am <adjective showing emotion> <by, about, with> your <poem/post/image/letter…>, “<Exact Title>,” because… <add 2 or 3 sentences> One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “<Quote from the message.>” I think this is <adjective> because… <add 1 or 2 sentences> Another sentence that I <past tense verb> was: “<Copy a sentence or line from the post.>” This stood […]

Paul June 16, 2021 June 16, 2021
Journal entry

I’m from the Dominican Republic from a town call AZUA is a nice town to live people there super cool and in AZUA we have pools beaches and river and they are Beutiful Print this page.

Dawry June 13, 2021 June 13, 2021
Cover Image

I picked my cover image simply because I like it. I guess you could say it goes with the theme. The green and eerie theme. To be honest I just think it looks pretty cool. Print this page.

Ketsia June 13, 2021 June 13, 2021 journal
Outline for Multimodal Playlists

Week One Set up your profile – commenting (merge with description of a child) Bio – recording (merged with below HOM 3) 3 true paragraphs Portfolio – Web stories, pick thee Habits of Mind to introduce themselves. Show Your Skillz I wonder if we can imagine each activity being equal to a 60-90 minute work session, one each day of […]

Paul June 11, 2021 June 12, 2021 Multimodal Playlists
Should Schools or Employers Be Allowed to Tell People How They Should Wear Their Hair? Do employers or school administrators have the right to make rules about hairstyles, hair color and facial hair?

No! i strongly disagree because I’m one of those who love to style my hair and switch it up from time to time and i wouldn’t like someone telling me how i should wear my hair because that a way of expressing myself. But when it comes to school rules fortunately they are the ones come makes them but i […]

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
Do You Think You Have Experienced ‘Learning Loss’ During the Pandemic? Or, do you think you have learned just as much — or even more — this past year than you might have if the pandemic had never happened?

Yes! definitely experienced learning loss, i feel i became more lazy and my child just takes so much time out of my day. In my opinion my best way to learn is going to school. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
Would You Want to Be a Teacher Someday? Does the idea of becoming an educator appeal to you? Why or why not? Has being a student during the pandemic changed the amount of empathy you have for teachers? If so, what is different now?

Nope! and Nope!, i don’t think i have the patience to teach others, i get frustrated specially with kids. I rather work on my own and not very social. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
How Do You Connect to Your Heritage? Do you feel connected to your family and cultural roots? Or do you feel distant or cut off from them?

Yes! , i also feel very connected to my family and cultural roots and never feel cut off because my culture is very united. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
What Role Have Mentors Played in Your Life? What makes for good mentors? Do we need them now more than ever?

Definitely parents and teachers and we need them more than ever because they  are the ones who guides us now and for the future. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
What happens when an artist, writer or celebrity behaves in a way you don’t like? Should you separate the person’s behavior from his/her achievements?

I’m not sure about this response, yes an artist express what they do or feel but sometimes is not like that. They behavior may be different when it comes to  projecting their achievements and work. If you dont have a psychically connection or friendship with the artist i don’t see the problem of why you shouldn’t keep supporting unless the […]

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
What Makes You Cringe? An awkward conversation? A dad joke? An embarrassing photo?

Definitely and awkward conversation with a stranger. It just makes me feel weird. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
What Do You Think Are the Secrets to Happiness? In a popular course at Yale University, students learn that the keys to happiness are sleep, gratitude and helping other people. Do you agree?

Yes, i agree sleep can be a factor of your mood , gratitude makes you feel happy about yourself and helping others as well. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
Should People Be Required to Show Proof of Vaccination? Businesses, schools and politicians are considering “vaccine passports” as a path to reopening the country. Do you think sharing vaccine status should be mandatory to go to school, take a vacation or enter a movie theater?

Yes, because it’ s the only way people can verify you are actually vaccinate and won’t get other’s sick. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
Do You Have a Healthy Diet? A new study found that high school students aren’t getting enough produce. Has the pandemic made it harder for you to eat right?

No, i don’t have a healthy diet. But the pandemic did make me eat more healthy due to fast foods being closed and some restaurants closing early. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
•How Should Parents Support a Student Who Has Fallen Behind in School? What advice would you give to a peer who is struggling with schoolwork and feeling like catching up is impossible?

In my opinion, parents should support students who has fallen behind school by encouraging, giving advice, and also most important motivation!. An advice i would give to those struggling is find a purpose and motivation, keep pushing even though it may seem impossible. Print this page.

Keily June 10, 2021 June 10, 2021
ow Do You Respond When People Ask, ‘Where Are You From?’ Is it easy for you to answer? Or does it feel more complicated than others might realize?

In my place its easy to answer that question, because i just come from one place which is DR. Whenever someone ask me i just simply say “Im Dominican”. Print this page.

Keily June 9, 2021 June 9, 2021
Do you consider the climate impact of the food you eat, the things you buy, the appliances you use and the way you travel?

Yes! I agree climate can be impact things we eat because with a hot climate farms can produce less food. Print this page.

Keily June 9, 2021 June 9, 2021
“Nocturne” by Louise Gluck, Read by Douglas

Mother died last night, Mother who never dies. Winter was in the air, many months away but in the air nevertheless. It was the tenth of May. Hyacinth and apple blossom bloomed in the back garden. We could hear Maria singing songs from Czechoslovakia — How alone I am — songs of that kind. How alone I am, no mother, no father — […]

Douglas April 13, 2021 June 9, 2021
Where I’m from

A lot of people ask where I’m from everytime but some people already know where from. But it’s easy for me to answer that question when people ask me because I’m not afraid to say where I’m from no one should be afraid to tell anyone where they from. Some people might take the wrong way and someone ask them […]

Yeury June 9, 2021 June 9, 2021
This week

I’m going to be honest this week I didn’t do nothing that made me feel good about myself. I’m actually mad at myself because I still haven’t finished school and I really want to finish school and it’s like I’m making it harder than it is. I don’t know what it is but I think if I go back to […]

Yeury June 9, 2021 June 9, 2021
Testing the access module

Members should not be able to edit this because I have set the access to be private Print this page.

Paul June 9, 2021 June 9, 2021
Copy of Drawing error

As an artiste, there are some stuffs that makes me feels cringe or even angry. For example when I don’t see or get a specific result on a drawing or when the final result is not over my expectations, if it’s not the best that I can do I can feel really disgusted and even destroy the drawing because I […]

Paul June 4, 2021 June 4, 2021
Drawing error

Tristan June 3, 2021 June 3, 2021
Have you ever quit something?

One time  almost quit on my basketball team back in 8th. We was down 10 points in the last quarter and I was saying to myself like I should just quit because it over now but then I was had confident in myself so I told my coach to put me back in the game that I am going to […]

Yeury June 2, 2021 June 2, 2021
kylah rowe

in this short narrative story “Ysrael,” by Juno Diaz, some immigration stories from his own upbringing. They face  issues and experiences throughout immigration in the story. He  mentions how the family, goes through rough times , unlike in the Dominican Republic. “Ysrael” depicts the everyday lives and struggles of Dominican-American immigrants is the story of two young brothers that are […]

Kylah June 1, 2021 June 1, 2021
Journal entry

Schools and Employers be allowed to tell people how they should wear their hair because they are not there parents and they don’t pay for there hair styles. Print this page.

Dewry June 1, 2021 June 1, 2021
Journal entry

Schools and the Employers should be allowed to tell people how they should wear their hair because they don’t pay for their hair styles and they are not there parents. Print this page.

Dawry June 1, 2021 June 1, 2021
Compare and Contrast Essay

The stories of both Ali and Julliane in these two videos are more similar than different. In Ali’s video he explains having to go through the pain of being separated from his parents and the difficulties he faced adjusting to life in the UK. In Julianne’s video she explains being a young girl and reuniting with her mother, after being […]

Christian May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021 #seekingrefugee #compare&contrast
The hair style discussion

In my opinion I think that schools shouldn’t be allowed to tell students what kind of hairstyle they should wear but students shouldn’t be wearing no crazy hairstyles. Some students like boys (like me) they will have they Afro all over the place and that’s probably because they want it like that. So I think school shouldn’t tell students what […]

Yeury May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021
Maggie’s Character Traits

Maggie, the protagonist in “Everyday Use,” by Alice Walker, has a few traits that influence her relationships with others. One, <she/he/they> is <choose one trait from list>. Two, <she/he/they> is <choose another trait from list>.  Three, <she/he/they> is <choose a third trait from list>. These traits influence <her/his/their> relationships with others. We can see it this passage from the <book/play/story>:   […]

Yeury May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021
I would have probably been done with school

In this pendemic I think I lost a lot of learning . To be honest if it wasn’t for this pandemic I would’ve probably been done with school. This pandemic distracted me from doing my school work. This virtually school thing isn’t really working for me because I can’t really concentrate to do my work and I really want to […]

Yeury May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021
Journal entry

yes because we taking class in the computer now and that’s why I be lazy Print this page.

Dewry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

I don’t want to be a teacher because I not good with kids Print this page.

Dewry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

i did quit on something  eating fast food because i was gaind alot of weight and now am trying to lose some weight. Print this page.

Dawry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

the school or the employers should not be allowed to tell the students what type of hair they should use because they dont pay for ware hair cuts. Print this page.

Dawry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

yes i think i experienced learning loss because i like going to school and now we doing the work trout the computer and sometime the computer dont be working or the internet dont be working and that makes it difficult. Print this page.

Dawry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

i don’t want to be a teacher because i don’t do good kids sometimes they be annoying. Print this page.

Dawry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

my heritage is good my family is healty and good thanks to god Print this page.

Dawry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Journal entry

a mentor in my life is my mom because she always keep motivating me to go to school and finish my classes and thats my mentor in my life. Print this page.

Dawry May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
My Profile Picture

Why I picked my profile picture is simply because I like it. I don’t really have an exact reason. I just think it looks cool and it’s my favorite color green. Print this page.

Ketsia May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021 Picture Explanation
revolution

Whose Revolution is that? I think I know. Its owner is quite sad though. It really is a tale of woe, I watch him frown. I cry hello. He gives his Revolution a shake, And sobs until the tears make. The only other sound’s the break, Of distant waves and birds awake. The Revolution is Revolution, Revolution and deep, But […]

Imeria May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

I feel like my heritage has been shifting ever since I left high school and the small town in Western Pennsylvania where I grew up. If I use my mother as an example of my family and my cultural roots, I would say that I feel more and more distant from her ideologies, biases, paranoia, and prejudice. When I think […]

Paul May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021 journal
My cultural roots

In my family the culture and tradition is really important. I personally don’t think to be particularly attached to the traditions because It something that doesn’t particularly attract me. But I still respect them even if some of them are really strange to me but I still my tradition and I respect it Print this page.

Tristan May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021
My artistic Mentor

I got a uncle who really knows how to draw and help me to get better in my skills. Since I was little I was always getting fascinated by his portraits and skills and made me think of doing portrait on my turn so as good as he is. He always guide me and gave me some notions that I […]

Tristan May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021
So Many Mentors!

It would be hard to choose just one mentor, since I have been lucky enough to have many. One was a camp counselor who gave me a lot to think about in terms of whether I would or wouldn’t have children….she chose not to have biological children because of her belief in zero population growth, and conversations with her helped […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

I just listened to a podcast of Latinos who are involved in the current NASA mission to Mars, Perseverance. What wonderful examples their stories are! But do they talk about specific mentors? Not so much, more about T.V. shows and open houses at NASA and seeing men walk on the moon AND unwavering support from family members. That has me thinking. […]

Paul May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021 journal
One thing i did over the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself

Well, I sat under a tree outside of my apartment with neighbors and talked about the coming mayoral elections… and I’ll write about why I like Maya Wiely for number one. Print this page.

Paul May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021
Little work

This weekend I got really nothing to do so I decided to go out so as to get some fresh air and play some basketball at the park.  That was pretty cool because I always spent my time playing video games, drawing and watching shows so that was cool to do something else during this weekend. Print this page.

Tristan May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021
Journal entry

my mother make food for the family and they was drinking and playing bingo all night and me and brother and my cousin we was a my room drinking and smoking and playing ps5 all night and just having a fun time and went they left me and my brother started  watching movies  to fall to sleep. Print this page.

Dewry May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021
Journal entry

something I did over the weekend is that on Saturday my family came to my house because every Saturday the get together and they play bingo my mom was playing bingo with my aunts and I was with my cousins and my brother in my room playing 2K and drinking and smoking and that’s what I did in the weekend. […]

Dawry May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021
Journal entry

One thing that makes me cringe is when am having a conversation with a person and I don’t look at there faces is because I don’t like that. one time for example I was in the park with my friends and we were all talking and I was looking down I think they did not notice I hope not because […]

Dawry May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021
Journal entry

One think that make me cringe is a embarrassing photo because one day I was a my little cousin birthday party and it was a clown there and I take a photo with the clown and I did like it and that why I don’t take Photo any more because clown scary me. Print this page.

Dewry May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Oh, I don’t know. Scott Stringer is a politician, not an artist or writer, but a celebrity of sorts, and his bid to become the next mayor of New York City is now in doubt because he has been accused by a woman of inappropriate groping. Her claims haven’t been corroborated yet, but I don’t know if that lack of […]

Paul May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021
Celebrity life and achievements

I think that we don’t have to Judge a celebrity on base on his personal life. Before being famous he/she is human with good and bad parts. For example R Kelly is one of my favorite R’nB artist, I like most of his music but he did what I personally consider as one of the worst immoral act that can […]

Tristan May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Well I pulled together Brendaly’s portfolio I presented it at a conference workshop on Saturday. I’m pretty excited about the possibilities for this work, but there’s a gap between what we can do on Youth Voices and what teachers and what teachers and students want to, can, or are aware that they can do. It’s this gap that keeps me […]

Paul May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021 journal
Journal entry

what i did in the last 24 hours is yesterday was mothers day and my family when to my grandma house to be with her because she was making food for the entire family we eat we Laught and tell story about aware family in DR and that makes me feel good about myself  because I love my grandma. Print […]

Dawry May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021
Journal entry

what I did in the last 24 hours that make me feel good about my self was that my wisdom tooth are coming out and this is my second wisdom tooth that come out and at could say that is a good think but at the same time it hurt but am going to the doctor to take them out. […]

Dewry May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021
When People Ask, ‘Where Are You From?

Where you from will always be a tricky question when people ask specially in the USA. The way you respond that question can shape the way people look and behave towards you. My answer when people ask where I’m from will always be I’m from Puerto rico . Sometimes people correct me and say “No I meant where you live […]

Cristy May 8, 2021 May 8, 2021
Do you think you make good climate choices ?

I make good climate choices but I believe I could do better by knowing more .At home instead of using light balls I rather use more led lights and consume less energy . I believe global warming is a major climate issue we face world wide. Also I try to not waste as much water as possible because helps climate […]

Cristy May 8, 2021 May 8, 2021
Setting up a Group in NowComment

Over the past few days, I’ve been working on NowComment to organize materials around AAPI — Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. It has been exciting to share my tech tips with a growing community of teachers to show them how to get a document up on NowComment “properly.” And to reach out to people to see what they can […]

Paul May 6, 2021 May 6, 2021 journal
Journal entry

On Monday I was watching my favorite show TEENWOLF  like 1:00 and then I had to get ready to go and pick up my little cousin at school and the school is like 2 block from my house when I pick up she talk about what happen a school and when I come back from picking her up and we […]

Dewry May 6, 2021 May 6, 2021
Journal entry

on Saturday i when to my uncle barbecue because he invited me and my brother and my cousins were there i haven seen my cousins in mad long we were there chilling eating talking about how we haven meet up in a long time and we also where drinking and smoking hookah and we was playing some salsa and bachata […]

Dawry May 6, 2021 May 6, 2021
UEFA Champions League

Yesterday was one of the most important games of the Champions League. The champion’s league is the most prestigious league in the soccer world like the NBA in the basketball or even the NFL in the Football world and this tournament started since November 2020 and was between the greatest teams in Europe. Since last week it was the semi […]

Tristan May 6, 2021 May 6, 2021
happines

the secrets to happiness is having good health, knowing your whole family is alive and well and maintains. happiness is knowing you have loyalty with the people you care about that’s the secret of happiness.The key to happiness is loving your love ones no matter what hoping to get stronger rather than weak. The key to happiness is living forever […]

Ernesto May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021
Journal entry

the secrets about happiness is family, friends, my parents because nobody can be sad all the time and is good to laugh with someone that make you happy Print this page.

Dewry May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021
Journal entry

the secret about happiness is to treat yourself on  like my self I don’t beliefs in happiness because happy is just word sometimes people feel jealous of other people because they got money and they don’t it don’ts matter about who has more money is about how you treat your self. Print this page.

Dawry May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021
happiness

Happiness is something I particularly like to talk about because I’m always happy, some people says that some times we don’t need to be happy but to think Many stuffs makes me feels happy like playing games, drawing, listening to music even some stuffs that concern education. For example I really love science, science is really a part of my […]

Tristan May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021

Sleep is important, yes, but I think it tends to go in circles: When I’m unhappy, I tend to sleep less and when I sleep less, I’m more unhappy. So it’s important to break this chain one way or the other. OH, and this leads me to MY basic, my lived, my real philosophy about happiness is that there is […]

Paul May 5, 2021 May 5, 2021 journal
proove for vaccination

On my opinion I think that whe need to get some specifics prooves on our vaccination so as to avoid some misunderstanding. Nothing can proove that youhave been vaccinated and some persons will lie on their vaccination so as to not wear mask without knowingvthat there are potentially infected and this can cause some problems. Print this page.

Tristan May 4, 2021 May 4, 2021
Journal entry

yes people need to show proof of Vaccination because that way they could know that you got the vaccine and you good of the virus but  it dont matter if you got the vaccine you still need to wear a mask. Print this page.

Dawry May 4, 2021 May 4, 2021
Journal entry

yes people need to show proof of vaccine because for people can see that they good of Covid-19 but they still need to wear there mask to be good. Print this page.

Dewry May 4, 2021 May 4, 2021
Should People Be Required to Show Proof of Vaccination?

I’m not sure, but maybe. I mean why not? Pre-K-College students have to show proof of a sorts of vaccinations before they are allowed to come — or continue in school — so why not a COVID shot too? I’m wondering if any of this is necessary.  Oh just get vaccinated. We need to lead with positive examples, not get […]

Paul May 4, 2021 May 4, 2021
Quit

Have you ever quit something? When is quitting the right or healthy thing to do? Yes i quit many things and no quitting is not healthy because if you wants to achieve something don’t give up just do it and keep going into you there. Like many people tell don’t give up on your dream something you will love to […]

Cristin April 26, 2021 April 30, 2021 journal
Hair Rules

Should Schools or Employers Be Allowed to Tell People How They Should Wear Their Hair? Do employers or school administrators have the right to make rules about hairstyles, hair color and facial hair? Umm No they are not my parents and hair is hair , is not going to hurt anyone or me everyone should wear their how they like […]

Learning Loss

Do You Think You Have Experienced ‘Learning Loss’ During the Pandemic? Or, do you think you have learned just as much — or even more — this past year than you might have if the pandemic had never happened? I blame the pandemic since this covid-19 is driving me crazy and i can’t stay focus on my classes but now […]

Would You Want to Be a Teacher?

Would You Want to Be a Teacher Someday? Does the idea of becoming an educator appeal to you? Why or why not? Has being a student during the pandemic changed the amount of empathy you have for teachers? If so, what is different now? No I don’t wants to be a teacher at all for what is not really for […]

Cultural Heritage

How Do You Connect to Your Heritage? Do you feel connected to your family and cultural roots? Or do you feel distant or cut off from them? Yes I feel connected with my family since becoming an active participant in your cultural heritage is a great way to deepen your bond with both family members nearby and communities around the […]

Art and Artist

What happens when an artist, writer or celebrity behaves in a way you don’t like? Should you separate the person’s behavior from his/her achievements? Yes i will separate from him or her behavior because i don’t need that negative energy to me so like they can go somewhere else. Print this page.

What Makes You Cringe?

What Makes You Cringe? An awkward conversation? A dad joke? An embarrassing photo? Well a embarrassing video when i was in 5 grade its was funny and cringe, looking back at it i will never do that again and plus i was little , can’t blame me for it. Print this page.

Proof of Vaccination

Should People Be Required to Show Proof of Vaccination? Businesses, schools and politicians are considering “vaccine passports” as a path to reopening the country. Do you think sharing vaccine status should be mandatory to go to school, take a vacation or enter a movie theater? Another approach would be legislation that requires proof of vaccination to obtain a passport, use public transportation or […]

Happiness

What Do You Think Are the Secrets to Happiness? In a popular course at Yale University, students learn that the keys to happiness are sleep, gratitude and helping other people. Do you agree? Yes I 100% agree because connect with people, Relationships are the most important overall contributor to happiness. People with strong and broad social relationships are happier, healthier and […]

Do You Have a Healthy Diet?

Do You Have a Healthy Diet? A new study found that high school students aren’t getting enough produce. Has the pandemic made it harder for you to eat right?  Yes I have healthy diet , even though I don’t eat the food they give in lunch because it’s not good for us students and especially how we not getting enough […]

Cristin April 25, 2021 April 30, 2021 journal
How should parents support….? 4/26/21

How Should Parents Support a Student Who Has Fallen Behind in School? What advice would you give to a peer who is struggling with schoolwork and feeling like catching up is impossible? Attend Back-to-School Night and Parent-Teacher Conferences. Visit the School and Its Website. Support Homework Expectations. Send Your Teen to School Ready to Learn. Instill Organizational Skills. Offer Help With Studying. Print this page.

One thing i did over the past 24 hours? 4/22/21

One thing i am doing for this past 24 hours is just going to jupiter and doing the works for my teachers cause all is matter to me is the grades and to gets more credits and i love this school is one of the best school i went so far and i wants to thanks everyone for helping me […]

Cristin April 21, 2021 April 30, 2021
How should parents support….?

•How Should Parents Support a Student Who Has Fallen Behind in School? What advice would you give to a peer who is struggling with schoolwork and feeling like catching up is impossible? Provide Guidance. Some students just need extra time. When possible, set up time during lunch and after school to allow students to practice the concepts that have them […]

Cristin April 30, 2021 April 30, 2021
Revolutionary Poem in The Pocket

Link Print this page.

Christian April 29, 2021 April 30, 2021 #BlackLivesMatter #SayTheirNames #DefundThePolice #NoJusticeNoPeace
REVOLUTION OF Gun Violences by Jaylen Coleman

Suicide and homicide daily on the news  Man stabbed to death over popeyes delicious food There people dead over a shoveling incident   Man goes on Homicide killing spree,  OMG what is up with it Guns should be vaulted or no longer should be granted   We need to form a revolution to make our voices heard what we need […]

Jaylen April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Revoutionary Poem in The Pocket

The times I felt rage, Where’s my people equality. How long must we wait? Don’t brush us over cause of our skin, You know we are still human   Don’t just watch, This is no fun. Our people dying, from misunderstandings? These are not lies, But the truth Print this page.

Natalie April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Journal

One thing I did yesterday was I woke up at 8 and went straight to my Jupiter to see the lesson and works I got to do and I did my homework project, after that I send it to my teachers and check my grade and I got a good grade and I feel happy also I went to the […]

Cristin April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Journal entry

when me and my family had Covid we were coughing and sneezing and also sore Throut and it was  bad because i use to go to sleep and be scared because i did not know if i was going to make it because having Covid is hard because my other family member had Covid and they did not make it […]

Dawry April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Journal entry

when me and my family had Covid we were coughing a lot and sneezing a lot but we keep fighting to get better but I’m not going to lie it was hard. and what i can say is that continue to use the masks so that the Covid does not happen to you. Print this page.

Dewry April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
fanart

I’m really a passionate of anime and arts in general and I always have to draw some stuff so as to feel good. last weekend I got some time and I decided to start a new drawing. I drew an anime character that I particularly like and it was particularly interesting to draw that. I first started with proportions or […]

Tristan April 29, 2021 April 29, 2021
Journal

One thing I did for the past 24 hours is just log in to Jupiter and finish up my homework and projects and quiz and tests . Print this page.

Cristin April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Journal entry

parents should support the students because they trying to make it out of  high school and be some thing in life Print this page.

Dawry April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Journal entry

before the pandemic i was not eating a lot of food but when the pandemic stared i stared eat more and I gain  Alot of weight but now am trying to lose some weight because it is not good gain weight because it brought  alot of diseases. Print this page.

Dawry April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Journal entry

before covid i was eating healthy food but when covid arrived i began to eat more than what i was eating and began gain weight  because is not good to gain weight and is good to stay healthy. Print this page.

Dewry April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Nutritional Changes during the Pandemic?

Since the Pandemic started I got some differences or changes in my diet and nutrition. I was still in Africa when the Virus was out but in my country it wasn’t really spread out as it is now in Africa so I didn’t got problems or changes in my nutrition and even when I came into the United state I […]

Tristan April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
Healthy Diet?

As a matter of fact, the situation created by the pandemic has led to me eating better, for the most part. When I was working from home, I stuck much closer to the neighborhood and didn’t go on big shopping trips in the car as often. So, every week my husband and I started walking from our part of the […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer April 28, 2021 April 28, 2021
When People Ask, ‘Where Are You From”

How Do You Respond When People Ask, ‘Where Are You From?’ Is it easy for you to answer? Or does it feel more complicated than others might realize? Yes is easy for me because when people ask me where i am from and i tell them it doesn’t surprise them cause they could tell by the way i looks and […]

Cristin April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
Do You Think You Make Good Climate Choices?

Do you consider the climate impact of the food you eat, the things you buy, the appliances you use and the way you travel? No i don’t ever climate the impact of the food things i buy or the way i travel honestly i feel fine for the way i do it in my own way it really doesn’t bother […]

Cristin April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One thing i did over the past 24 hours is went to the mall just to buy more clothes and others things we need cause we going to DR next month and sending boxes over there for my family. Print this page.

Cristin April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
What are some answers to the frequent gun violence we have experienced in this country?

This is such a big question. How can I answer it if the President of the United States and the Congress can’t answer it. One thing I heard recently is that so far this year more illegal guns have been take off the streets of New York City than ever before in a similar time period. And yet, the number […]

Paul April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
What are some answers to gun violence?

What are some answers to the frequent gun violence we have experienced in this country? The best answer to gun violence as changing the way we see guns. Whether they are intended for hunting, sport or self-defense, guns are a type of potentially dangerous equipment that kills many people, just as cars kill people. Print this page.

Cristin April 19, 2021 April 19, 2021
new york

I go home  I walk up the stairs  i feel a warm comfort that no other place could give me a open area for whatever i want to do Using the computer like theres no other day Enjoying myself like theres no one to bother me Print this page.

Douglas March 29, 2021 April 14, 2021 Harvest Collegiate High School
Testing Docs

This seems to be working. More tests. Print this page.

Paul April 14, 2021 April 14, 2021
A Person’s Gotta Have a Code

That, of course, reminds me of the character Omar Little from “The Wire”, who seemed to be an outlaw because he robbed drug dealers for a living, but had his own, very strict, code of conduct from which he never strayed. Of course, he killed a bunch of people, so that was problematic, but the point was made. I’ve been […]

Ms. Hernandez-Speer April 14, 2021 April 14, 2021
Call of duty Mobile

In general I did nothing during this weekend but I spent a little time playing call of duty warzone which is one of my favorite games. It was pretty good of playing this game and I spent a little good moment playing that game. As it’s an online game, I had to play with other players around the world and […]

Tristan April 12, 2021 April 12, 2021
One thing I did that makes me feel good about myself … one habit this shows.

One of the things I did this weekend was to think and write (or at least begin to write) about the different discourse options that are available on Youth Voices. I found passages in James Moffett’s important book, Teaching the Universe of Discourse. Maybe I should collect those here. Here’s something I wrote recently: In Coming on Center (1981), James Moffett calls […]

Paul April 12, 2021 April 12, 2021
Injuries in Sports

There are many positives when playing sports, like having a healthier lifestyle, but many don’t take into consideration the risks of getting injured. I think the most serious injury is a concussion because a concussion can be permit and can leave you brain damaged. Another serious injury that can ruin a players career is a torn ACL because when you […]

Zachary April 12, 2021 April 12, 2021
Bio on you working portfolio

Paragraph 1: Who are you? What’s important to know about you? What ethnic and cultural heritages are in your family? Where were you born, and what neighborhoods have you lived in? What schools have you been to? When did something important happen to you, a turning point? Paragraph 2: What do you like to do IN school, including extra-curricular activities? What are […]

Paul April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
“Snitch”

Recently I felt forced to tell on my ex co-worker because somebody needed to take actions on unfair situations that used to take place in my job and be ignored . Calling HR was the best option and that’s what I did before they tried to do on me with lies . Some people might see it as snitch but […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
Do we need the arts (music, acting, dance, drawing/painting/design) in our lives?

Yes we definitely do need arts, I believe art is life and it makes us who we are in many ways. We use art to express ourselves for example we use music to communicate, give a message and enjoy good times. A song can bring many memories, reacting towards those memories brings emotions out, emotions make us humans . Art […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
Describe your current favorite online/video game. What do you like about it? What would you redesign if you could?

I believe the phones and games are a trap so I try to stay away from it as much as possible. I respect people choices but in my opinion I don’t play video or online games at all . I feel like I just don’t have the time because I’m always working and on my days off I’m busy doing […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
Should the Department of Education keep remote classes as an option for those who want it in the future?

Yes I agree remote classes should continue in the future because everybody have rights, if some people rather stay learning from home than they should have that option. January 2020 remote classes was still not an option of learning in full time . This way of learning online came with covid-19 and the new technology . First it was hard […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
3/24 Are You Nervous About Returning to “Normal” Life

I can say I’m definitely nervous to see what its gonna be this new generation like when outside opens back up because its like we stuck in 2020 some how with COVID-19 . Same as we stuck in the house doing everything we used to do outside on the internet . I believe things will never be the same due […]

Cristy April 10, 2021 April 10, 2021
One thing i did over the past 24 hours?

One things i did over the past 24 hours is well just doing my works that it and what that makes me feel good about myself is i care about my education and school and i wants to do good and gets good grade. Print this page.

Cristin April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Journal entry

I have never snitch on somebody but i did tell then to break the rules when i was like 10 or 11 years old I dont Remember but it was around that age my cousin wanted to go to play outside but his mom told no so i told my cousin to go out without her permission and after we […]

Dawry April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Journal entry

what I did in the last 24 was I sleep all day yesterday because I was finishing a essay for my global class about china trading opium with great Britain and after that I when to sleep. Print this page.

Dawry April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Journal entry

one think i did in the last 24 hours was yesterday i was trying to go to my cousin house but i did it go because it was to hot outside and i had to stay home because i had a package coming Print this page.

Dewry April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Something I did in the past 24 hours that makes me feel good about myself… what this shows about me.

Last night just before I took my evening shower and went to bed I sat down and created an “activity” within a playlist on Youth Voices. Here it is https://www.youthvoices.live/profilesetup/activate/. This wasn’t that hard to do because I spent the last several days making another activity, and on Youth Voices you can just copy a published page and use that […]

Paul April 7, 2021 April 7, 2021
Mirrors

I finally brought my car in