This article https://www.dana.org/article/do-violent-video-games-lead-to-violence/ talks about the connection between violent video games and violent real-world events. A ton of people believe that there is a connection between gruesome video games and it leads to more violence in the real world. After studies, there has been found that there is no connection between the two, and violent real-world events are due to other reasons. “Fortunately, there is no hard evidence yet that such games lead to mass murders or grisly killings. Indeed, most correlation studies show at most a small effect.” More importantly, people should not blame video games and focus on the problems causing these violent real-world acts. “Focusing on violent video games as the cause of mass shootings almost certainly distracts legislators and government officials from the pressing need to deal with more fundamental causes. It is a moral imperative for federal and state legislators, government officials, and all others concerned with lethal violence to confront the underlying problems and not take symbolic refuge in blaming violent video games.”

0
()